Chapter 24

That Pretty Sunflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another day had arrived. Jimin went to work still early in the morning despite not getting sleep last night. His fight with Joy was stressing enough but it triggers his fraustration on waiting for Seulgi's return. He drank a lot of bottles of soju to ignore the pain and temporarily forget it but it never work. Joy was right, him being close to Mina might affect Seulgi and decide to never come back. He know his girl very well that she only wants him to be happy but misunderstandings may occur especially with the media publishing their pictures together and suspicions about them.

His thoughts was disturbed when he heard a knock probably from his secretary.

"Sir, Mr. Ha Sungwoon called to remind you about his art exhibit on the afternoon, after lunch. It was also on your sched too." His secretary said.

"Okay. Tell him that I'll be there. He don't need to worry." Jimin said and the secretary bowed and walked away.

The afternoon then came, Jimin had finish his paperworks and was about to go out but was stop when Mina barged in to his office.

"Jiminie! Let's have lunch together." He said with her cutest voice as she clings on his arm. It was natural for them since they were very close but not until Jimin slowly removed her arms away from him. This made Mina frown.

"I'm sorry, I can't today Mina, I'm meeting a friend today." He said but avoiding her eyes.

"Can't I join with you?" She asked which surprised Jimin.

"I don't think so. Mianhe." He said but still avoiding her eyes as he scratch his nape. This made Mina sad. She knows Jimin tends to scratch his nape whenever he lies.

"Oh okay, maybe next time." She said and they bid good byes.

Jimin sighed after Mina went out. He then called Sungwoon to have lunch with him before the art exhibit start which he gladly agreed.

"I thought your art exhibit contains your own painting?" Jimin asked with his brows furrowed as he saw different painting with different names on it.

"Not really silly. I just love art that I invited painters to put their painting here and sell to others which I also invited." Ha Sungwoon explained.

"Also, it's an art exhibit with a cause for the patients with cancers. 50% is for the cancer patients, 25% for the artist and 25% for the exhibit itself." He added.

"Looks like you invited a lot of famous painters." Jimin commented.

"Well I did invited a lot but I also invited many rookie painters." Sungwoon said and Jimin nodded.

As the two walk the hallway filled with paintings, Jimin stopped when one painting caught his attention. He went nearer to look at it more closely. It was a painting of a sunflower and a sun. He was very surprised especially when he fetch a picture letter from Seulgi. The one with her hand showing the ring. It's back ground looks very same with the painting, a sunflower and a sun.

"This painting..." he uttered.

"That? That was painted by 'Nabi', he/she is a rising rookie painter you know but no one had ever saw him/her. People only know that it was 'nabi'. His/her paintings usually are sunflowers and sun.

"Do you have anymore of her painting?" He asked and Sungwoon nodded and guided him to where the other two paintings are located. He was surprised again to see the painting looks very much alike in the other photographs that Seulgi sent.

"I'll buy the three painting." He then said.

"Do you like sunflowers that much?" Sungwoon asked.

"Aniya, my wife does." He replied.

"Seulgi? Where is she by the way Jimin? But if it's a sensitive question for you, you don't have to answer." Sungwoon asked carefully.

"She's coming back very soon." Jimin said closing his eyes to calm himself then open it.

"Oh, that's great." Sungwoon said.

"Can you tell me the address of the owner of this painting?" Jimin asked.

"The artist didn't include it but it was sent from Busan." Sungwoon replied and he nodded.

"Can you give me more details?" Jimin asked.

"I think I could." Sungwoon replied scratching his head, confused on Jimin's request.

At home Jimin was holding the details of the paintings. It includes the hometown somewhere in Busan where the painting came from. He then sighed then read his email to his favorite author, "SKY".

Dear SKY,

I think I've found where my wife is. She's in some hometown in Busan. I want to go see her but theres something that hinders me. I don't even know what I am feeling about it and it hesitates me. Should I go see her? I miss her so much and I'm curious on how much she grew as a woman. Surely, she got more beautiful than the last three years I last saw her. But she said she'll come back? Should I wait more? Should I go now? This is the hardest question to decide. Please let me know your thoughts.

Sincerly yours,

Jimin


SKY is an author of his favorite book, The Sun flower. He was a famous mysterious writer with only few details about him. No one know him personally but some have talk to him through emails like Jimin. After Seulgi left, Jimin had wrote many letters to SKY saying what he truelly felt which he had been hiding to his friends and family since he don't want them to get worried.

While Jimin is massaging his temple, an email then pop up. It was a reply from SKY. It surprised Jimin that he read it for another time.

Hi Jimin!

Let's meet up at my favorite cafe in BUSAN. Here is the address *************** Busan.

His brow then furrowed after seeing the hometown of the address which is the same as the hometown of where Seulgi possibly is. With that Jimin wrote a reply agreeing to SKY.

After hours of driving, Jimin arrived in Busan. It was weekend and afternoon. The blue sky illuminates the sea of Busan which is very bright and lovely. The sound of waves was like a music in the ears which and the wind feels like an embrace. Seeing the familiar place, which is actually his hometown ralaxes him. His memories with his family and Jinyoung made him smiled but a little sad since he never had the opportunity to bring Seulgi there to play on tge beach.

After watching the blue sea, Jimin looked on his watch and looked at the time. He went to the cafe as planned and he felt nervous after seeing the back of the man in black sweater holding a cup of coffee.

"SKY?" He uttered. He got surprised to see a very familiar man who likes very much a like from Seulgi's father but looks a little more mature and soft.

"Uncle Jae hyun?" He uttered hesitantly a got more surprised when the man nodded.

"Sit down Jimin." Jae hyun, Seulgi's supposedly dead uncle said and ordered iced coffee for Jimin.

"Seulgi loves ice coffee, I hope you like it too." Jae hyun added and Jimin just nodded.

"I thought you're..." he said but was unable to finish the sentence.

"Dead?" Jae hyun finished then chuckled.

"Well I am dead in the certificate but I'm still alive in this world." He added.

"Did grandpa Kang knew this? We should tell my grandpa and grandpa Myoui. I'm ure they would be happy if they know that you're alive." Jimin said but Jae hyun shook his head.

"I'm doing fine living like this Jimin. I'm living peacefully as an author and this was my dream." Jae hyun answered.

"But why?" Jimin asked.

"You know exactly why Jimin. I know your father and grandfather already told you about my death. It was because of my twin right? But actually before I crashed in a truck while driving, I managed to get out of the car. That time, I can't stopbthe car and I knew exactly why. I secretly contacted my father and he too knew that it was purposely planned by my brother. We knew that he won't stop until I die that's why we decided to make people believe that I'm dead and secretly live as an author." Jae hyun narrated and it made Jimin sighed.

"But why did you meet up with me? I think you know that I will recognize you from the start. Why did you reveal your identity to me?" Jimin asked.

"Because of Seulgi. We both know that my niece had live such a hard life. I only want her to have her happiness and that's you, your friends and family." Jae hyun answered.

"Does that mean, you want me to find her?" Jimin asked and Jae hyun nodded.

"But what if she's still not ready? She said she'll return if she felt strong enough. I don't want to stop her from what she wants." Jimin sadly asked.

"Jimin, in my book I describe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter