Chapter 16

That Pretty Sunflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days gone by and its only less than a month before Seulgi and Jimin's wedding arrive. The preparation was almost complete that's why with Jimin's weeks of begging to go home, Seulgi and their mom finally agreed. They spent their days again there, being extra sweet to each other. Some days they were with each others sides all day but some days they do stuffs alone seperately like Jimin on the study area to do his job and Seulgi in her art room which Jimin gave where they exchange their first I love yous.

Seulgi satisfyingly smiled as she look at her unfinished art work. It was a sunflower field facing a radiant sun confidently and strong. It's like how she is with Jimin. She can stand strong and happy just by looking at him, the radiant sun who always warmed her hearts. A sun who is always there, someone high, strong and bright. She trully feel blessed and satisfied that she couldn't ask for more. She trully is peaceful and happy.

But, it's not always happy days until it's not happy ending because sometimes it was just the start of another chapter of the story. It will not also be forever a day because night times comes too where things gets dark and the sun was somewhere hidden and only the moon is seen.

"Seulgi yah. Please wake up." A soft voice awoken her. She opened her eyes to a see a very troubled Jimin. She tried to ask what's wrong when she saw his face with tears and anxiousness is written all over his face. She wanted to ask but she's scared specially when he started to hug her tight.

"I need you to listen carefully and try to calm down. This will hurt but please always remember that I'm here by your side and I love you so much. Your friends and our family loves you so much." Jimin started and Seulgi nodded with tears starting to fall from her face. For Jimin to say stuffs like that she already know that what she will hear will change her life forever.

"Grandpa Kang is dead." He painfully said which really crashed her heart. She expected that it would be bad but she didn't know that it was that bad.

"H-how?" She painfully asked since instinct tells her that theres more on the story.

"It was your dad. They said uncle killed your grandpa." Jimin bravely said being very worried at her that he hugged her tighter.

"It's not true right?" She asked but Jimin didn't answer which made her cried more. It's like her world started to crumble down. From the start she already know that theres some distance between her father and her grandfather. It was like with him and her too. She knows that his father hated them but she never imagined that things like this will happen. She cried hard and cried untill she fall asleep at Jimin's arm.

An hours later she woke up remembering what happened and it still hurt a lot but she knows its something she needed to face now.

"She's sleeping hyung. She got tired crying but don't worry we will be there soon." She heard Jimin who is talking to her brother on the phone.

"Okay, we'll see you bye." He said and ended the call without noticing that Seulgi was already standing at his back.

"Jimin ah" she called which surprissed him.

"Seulgi."

"Is it my brother? He is waiting for us right? Let's go now." She calmly said and Jimin nodded.

They prepared then drive to the hospital silently. Jimin held her hand through out the entire ride which made her smile a little. She appreciates how worried Jimin is.

"Oppa." Seulgi called seeing Minhyuk staring blankly at their grandfather's dead body covered with white blanket.

"Seulgi." He said and broke down.

She then saw her grandfathers dead body. She uncovered it up then started crying again seeing her grandfather's face.

"Seulgi." Minhyuk called again and hug her tightly.

"Mianhe, mianhe, mianhe." He said and Seulgi can't help but cry more.

"Why are you sorry oppa? Please don't say sorry." She said.

"It's my fault. I was the reason." He said.

"Grandpa will get cold, we should prepare his funeral now." She said after both of them calmed down and Minhyuk nodded.

It was the day of the funeral. Many visited grandpa Kang since he was a very good man indeed. That's why many was very shock to learn his tragic death in his son's hand. The Kang sibling did not cry anymore and just welcomed those who mourned with them. Still you can see how painfull they are feeling. Still they tried to smile as people give their condelence to them.

Looking at his grandfather's picture, flash backs of her childhood with him came to Seulgi. Since she was a child, his father had been cold toward her but she still found fatherly love through his grandpa. When her mother died, he was also the one to comfort and take good care of them. He did his best to cheer both of them and spended his whole life to support them. He became busy with business to personally teach Minhyuk how to handle it very well. She remember his promise to spend his time to her and make up to her when Minhyuk is ready but sadly he can no longer do it.

It was said that his position as the CEO was transferred to Minhyuk since he knows that he is finally ready. His son got angry and question him on why he is giving it to his grandson and not to him but he said the harsh truth.

"You're a selfish man son, I can't trust you to manage our business. Minhyuk is good too like your deceased brother, he is what our company needed."

Because of anger his son killed him. He waited a lot of years thinking that the old man will step out the position to give it to him but he simply didn't. Mentioning his late brother whom his father adored more than him added to his anger. Authorities heard this quickly and investigated through cctv then arrested him.

Seulgi cried again silently remembering what she heard about her grandpa's death. Jimin sat beside her then hugged her and rested her head to his chest. He knows he can't take the pain but he hopes that a hug could atleast ease some of it.

"Seulgi ah, my princess annyeong. Grandpa will be home very soon. I'll see you next week after I settle some stuffs leaving our company. I know that I neglected you for years to teach your brother, mianhe but don't worry grandpa will be all yours now. I'm happy to see you happy but I did get jelous of you being affectionate to your husband. I hope I'm still your no. 1 man even though Jimin is in your life now. Still I'm relief knowing you're in the hand of a good man. I love you my Seulgi yah, please take care always. I'll see very you soon. -Grandpa"

A week had past, the burial also had passed quickly. But the pain in Seulgi's heart never seem to cease. She's not crying anymore but the sadness in her eyes is very evident and she keep reading the last letter her grandfather gave. Her mind was also clouded with a lot of question from what their father had said in the news. It was an interview where his father was captured and is on the way to jail.

"Is it true that you killed your father?"

"Why did you murdered the eldest Kang?"

"What do you think it's effect to the Park and your daughter Kang Seulgi , sir?"

The last question stopped Mr. Park then faced the reporter for question. "My daughter? That girl Seulgi is not mine. She's a daughter of the bastard from that . She's the fruit of sin." He answered which surprised everyone and caused many questions to arise but he did not reply further.

Seulgi and the Park family where very shock to hear the news. They then looked at Seulgi who is very confused.

"Is that why he hated me?" She suddenly said.

"That's not true Seulgi. You are his daughter. Your father has been thinking that your mother and your late uncle had a relationship but you are really his daughter." Grandfather Park said hugging Seulgi like her own. Grandfather Jung also assured her and help on comforting her. They know that she's been suffering to her father's accusations but still she grew into a kindhearted young lady. This is an extra reason why they have a little more soft spot for her compare to others like, Minhyuk, Jimin, Jinyoung and Mina.

"How is Seulgi?" Mrs. Park asked when Jimin went downstairs with some unfinished breakfast from Seulgi.

"She still is sad but she finally started eatin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter