Decisions

Beyond your eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunny was almost flying with how fast she was walking. A mixture of unsettling, yet happy feelings, kept on pacing in her heart. She was sweating even though it was freezing as hell; the growing dark sky was filling slowly with shinning stars, giving off a calm vibe. Her little feet often got buried under the snow that had been adorning the ground since the winter arrived.

She checked her phone just to make sure that she was on time. 6:56 pm, it said. She was almost there. She saw the well known store with all that neon lights that showed that it was indeed open.

As she approached, she saw the figure of the attractive blonde waiting for her outside the store. She was wearing an oversized sweater that didn’t look warm at all, a pair of blue ripped skinny jeans and some white converse. Sunny saw how some people would often look at the girl in surprise; she didn’t know if it was because of her clothes or how ravishing she looked just standing there.

Jessica seemed lost in thoughts as she didn’t notice the tiny girl standing by her side until the other one talked.

“Sica, I’m here.” Spoke the bunny giving the blond a little sight of her eye smile.

Jessica turned around and stared gently at the girl, ruffling her hair carefully. “Look who’s on time. You look…really warm. For a second I thought that a snowball was rolling towards me.” She said bluntly causing the midget to hit her lightly on her arm before exploding in laughter.

“Hey! Are you calling me fat?” She answered before wiping off the tear that escaped her eye.

Jessica laughed lightly and stared at the girl for a little. “Hmm, just fluffy.” She smiled and turned towards a couple that was playing in the snow. They looked happy while doing something as simple as that, how fascinating it could be.

Sunny saw what the other girl was staring at, a little bit of astonishment in her face. “You’re going to make them trip if you stare at them too much, you know.” She said, making the blond turned to her and laugh. “Sica, I think you should, uhmm, dress a little more according to the weather.” She saw the confusion in her hollow eyes. “It’s just that people stare too much at you because of how light you’re dressing. I know that you don’t feel cold or anything like that, but people are going to start finding it weird, so it’s better if you don’t call too much attention. I just want you to be safe.” The bunny spoke softly at her and Jessica couldn’t help but smile at her. She knew that she cared for her.

She pulled the smaller girl’s cheek a little and opened the door for her. “Come on, you’re getting cold now. Let’s get in.” She smiled and Sunny walked inside the warm store. There was a lot of instruments adorning every inch of it, even so, it looked amazing. Sunny was lost.

“Soo!” A manly voice suddenly spoke making Sunny jump a little before turning to the owner.

She was now gaping; a not so tall but handsome man was standing just in front of her. His big and bright smile were even more beautiful with his pink hair. He had a gentle and charming aura, a little childish, but mature at the same time.

“Hello, Jonghyun. It’s been a long time, how you been?” She said before being embraced suddenly by the man.

He was hugging her tightly. Jessica almost disappeared in his broad frame, yet she hugged him back. “I’ve been good, missing you so much. You never came to see me. I never got the time to say goodbye to you last time.” He pouted but Jessica just made a face.

Sunny kept on looking at his back, there was a pair of white wings printed on his black shirt. A long time ago, that had been the trend, but nowadays they were rarely seen.

Jessica detached herself from him and looked at Sunny, who was looking at the scene in front of her with a pair of round eyes. “I’m sorry, things got a little bit complicated.”

He gave her a sad look. Both of them were speaking through her eyes. “She’s Sunny, the friend I was talking about.” She broke the silence, pointing towards the girl who was being left out. “I want you to help her create a song.”

He nodded and turned around, he stared down at the poor girl who was now fidgeting in her spot. He gave her a big smile an extended his hand. “Hello! I’m Jonghyun Kim, nice to meet you.”

Sunny smiled at him and shook his hand. “I’m Sunny Lee. Nice to meet you, too! Thank you so much for helping me, you don’t know how grateful I am.”

He laughed a little with how cute the girl was. “Don’t worry about it! Let’s get started then, we only have a little time to make the song.”

He then took the girls towards the basement, which was nowhere near to a basement. It was a luxurious studio, there was a set of two cabins, and a load of equipment that the girls didn’t know about. They sat down in a little lounge that was nicely adorning one of the amazing corners.

Jonghyun saw Sunny’s nervousness and decided to break the ice a little. “So, may I ask why do you want to create a song? Soo already explained about the scholarship you’re seeking, but I want to know why do you want to compose songs? Why music?” He asked a little calmly but he was anticipating the girl’s answer. “Because, you know, people are now forgetting the real meaning of writing songs. They think that making a good song is all about cursing, dissing and degrading. I don’t even want to hear the new hits because they’re not worth it. How can such meaningless songs win? Like, hell no!” He said sticking out his tongue. 

Sunny smile at his childish actions and relaxed a little more. “I know what you mean, that’s why I want to create songs. Songs that t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter