Christmas

Beyond your eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Tiffany picked up a thick brown coat from her closet they headed to Jessica’s home. From what Jessica explained, she had to move into a bigger place during the time they weren’t talking to each other, resulting in her having to use a car to get to Fany's house.

The pink princess remained quiet during the whole trip, preferring to stare at the uncommon scene of Jessica driving. She had her usual cold mask on, not tearing her eyes away from the road. But it was only now, that she noticed how stunning the other girl looked; she was wearing some white skinny jeans, a black button up shirt that had a light silver neck tie adorning it, and a white coat that complimented her outfit so well. She was portraying a natural look on her face with her hair down parted to one side and perfectly straightened. She was beautiful, breathtaking, and Tiffany couldn’t help but be mesmerized by how surreal she looked. She was like so mature and so out of this world that she had to remind herself who the girl next to her was.

Jessica’s home was in a medium-high class area of the city. It wasn't as big as Tiffany’s but it looked perfect for her. When they were about to enter the place, the door flung open scaring them right away. When Fany reacted, she saw a beautiful woman standing in front of them blocking their way while eyeing Jessica with some accusing eyes.

“You! How dare you sneak out! We were worried about you.” Jessica smiled nervously, it was the first time Fany saw her like this. “And on top of that, you took my car without telling me.” The girl approached Jessica grabbing her by the collar and that’s when Tiffany noticed that she was smaller than them in height, even though she looked older, maybe as tall as Sunny. She wanted to help her love but she was too stunned.

“Relax Irene, you’re scaring Tiffany.” Jessica answered while signaling the quiet girl with her chin.

Irene totally forgot that someone was standing there because she was too busy thinking how to punish that ungrateful girl. She let go of Jessica and turned towards the beautiful girl on the other side. She scanned her thoroughly before smiling warmly at her. “Wow! I finally get to meet you Tiffany. I’m Irene Bae, Jessica’s soul mate.” She stated, earning a frown from the girl.

Soul mate? – She thought.

Seeing this, Irene laughed quietly earning both of their gazes. “Don’t take it the wrong way, is like a sister thing.” She smiled at her and her eyes became just like Fany’s. Irene had one the most beautiful smiles she had ever seen, of course, Jessica’s will always be number one in her heart.

Tiffany gave Irene her best smile and shook her hand. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Irene. I’m Tiffany Hwang, I’m Jessica’s...um friend.” The other girl only smiled and pulled her in. The house was just like she had imagined to be, modern and cozy at the same time. The smell of turkey and potatoes filled the air, Mariah Carey’s 'All I want for Christmas is you' was playing in the background. There weren’t any portraits hanging on the walls, only paintings that were colorful in contrast with the black and white theme.

The kitchen and the living room were divided by a counter, so you could see Seohyun in the kitchen arranging the dishes that were about to be served. Irene let go of her hand and ran towards Seo to help her while Fany smiled warmly. This felt like home, sadly, more than her own.

“Hwang!” Taecyeon jumped out of nowhere scaring the poor mushroom who hugged Jessica tightly while the girl got startled by her sudden action.

“Gosh Taecyeon, you really scared her.” Jessica spoke in a calmly manner, hugging her back until the girl in her arms detached herself from her and smack the guy on the head.

She heard a groan and laughed. “Serves you right! You shouldn’t scare me like that again.” She said but the guy kept on laughing at her grumpy face. “What are you doing here?” She asked with a hint of irritation but he paid no mind.

“I got bored and asked Seo if I could join them. I came as soon as she said yes. Sooo, I’ve been here since noon.” He grinned cheerfully. “And you?” He returned the question.

Fany fell silent for a bit, she was close to answer but Jessica spoke first. “I invited her, I wanted her to spend this day with us.”

Fany didn’t miss the way Taec’s smile faltered a little, even his eyes were a little sad but he quickly smiled again. “That’s good! We have to make many memories today. I even brought my baby to capture them.” He said with a dreamy face making them laugh a little.

“Hey, Tiffany! Welcome home.” Seo said while bringing the huge turkey to the table. “Come on guys, let’s eat.”

All of them walked to the classy squared table. Jessica sat with Tiffany beside her, Irene took the other seat next to the brunette with Seohyun following her, and Taec opted for sharing the empty chair beside Fany. Fany noticed how there seemed to be a place saved for one more person but they didn’t mind it.

Everything was like a dream come true for the pink princess. It had been years since she had a Christmas like this, even when her parents weren’t there she felt complete. Honestly, it didn’t feel like it was real until she reached out for Jessica’s hand and held it tight, making the girl turn to her and give her a gentle smile while squeezing her hand softly. And that’s when she finally understood that it was really happening.

Tiffany couldn’t help to smile nonstop while watching Seohyun pestering Irene and Taec to stop fighting over the mashed potatoes, but bursted out laughing when Jessica stood up to smack Taec in the back of his head causing Irene to giggle cutely. 

The dinner was filled with laughter and fun stories about each one of them. She learned a lot of things about them. Like Seo and her love for sweet potatoes and how she used to ban junk food,  saying that they would die younger if they eat it. Irene told her about the time when she was crowned as a symbol during a pride parade by accident, explaining that she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time; that was hilarious but she had to admit that if she wasn't in love with Jessica she w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter