By Your Side

Beyond your eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Sunday night and the clock showed 11:00 pm when a storm suddenly ruled the night sky. A girl was trembling under her bed sheets trying to muffle the loud sounds coming from the thunders. She was terrified. The night was so cold and like always only her presence was inside that lonely house. With each thunder she hugged her legs even tighter. It wasn’t the first time she had to endure this on her own but it was never easy.

Only 15 minutes passed since the storm began when her phone suddenly rung. She was too afraid that she didn’t even glance to her phone screen before answering. Her hands were shaking so badly that it was really hard for her to hold her phone.

“He-hello?” Another loud thunder lit up her whole room making the poor girl scream, the other person in line could only grunt.

“Relax, Tiffany. Everything will be fine.” And the moment she heard that voice Tiffany stopped shaking, she couldn’t hear the thunders anymore…only her voice.

She was so glad that the other girl called her that she pressed her phone against her ear even harder. “Jessica? Why did you call me?” She heard a chuckle on the other line. How can a chuckle sound so cute? She noticed a weird noise in the background as well.

“I called to see how you are doing because there’s a huge storm, isn’t it?” That broke Tiffany totally. Jessica was worried about her, she cared for her and her heart wasn’t helping a bit. “Hey, are you crying? Is something the matter?”

“I wish you were here.” She spoke between sobs, hugging her pink pillow tightly like it was the girl who she was talking to. "I need you here." 

 A deep sigh was heard. “Can you open the door for me, please? It’s kind of raining pretty badly outside. I don’t want to get even more drenched.” Tiffany felt her heart stopping. “Come on, if you don’t open the door in 1 minute I’ll leave.” That’s all it took for her to race with all her might to the front door. The second she opened it she was left breathless. Jessica stood there with phone in her hand, staring directly at her. She was totally drenched; her black skinny jeans and her white v neck blouse were glued to her skin, and yet she looked gorgeous in Tiffany’s eyes.

When Jessica gave her a small smile she threw herself to the girl, hugging her as if she were to disappear. She was freezing cold but Tiffany could care less, all she wanted was to never let go of her, to stay like that forever. Why was it that she no longer heard those thunders even though the sky lit up every 3 minutes?

She stood there embracing Jessica for what it seemed like an eternity, only detaching herself from the girl to take her to her room for her to change. Jessica was silently looking around, taking in everything she could of that huge and lonely house. She knew that Tiffany had money but she never imagined that it could be to this extent. She felt the girl’s hand holding hers as if she'll break her if she held her tighter.

They passed a huge hall where a couple of picture frames were neatly placed. Tiffany took Jessica inside a really pinkish room, the poor girl wanted to run away from there but the girl’s hold in her hand reminded her of the reason for being there.

While Tiffany was searching for clothes to lend her, the latter took the chance to walk towards a pink shelf that had some small pictures frames in them.

Tiffany was holding the clothes she was going to give Jessica when she saw her looking at those pictures. She decided to stare at her, observing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter