Away

Beyond your eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next remaining days until Friday the 5 of them became closer, with the exception of Yuri who still kept her guard up with Jessica. Even though they were being friendlier with her Jessica was as cold as before, so not much change was made on her side; only the fact that she didn’t seem to run away from them each time they approached her.

Tiffany and Taeyeon were having a battle with their inner minds. They still were having a discussion with themselves about what they wanted to do with their feelings. That night after Baekhyun and his friends left, the four of them had a pretty interesting talk. The main topic was Jessica’s love life as Sunny  had told them about what Jessica said; she dying younger, leaving them completely shocked. But because Sunny was worried about them, she decided to speak about how hard it must've been for Jessica to be loved. At the end of the day, she wasn’t like anybody else, the hardships of loving the Empousa were too many, and when Sunny listed them, each one of them broke the two girls’ hearts.

Tiffany wanted to make her move to get the girl but there were so many problems that came along with it. She was a mere human in love with a daughter of one of the strongest Goddesses. She was full of indecision but why was it that every time she saw her she forgot about all of those?

Taeyeon, who was more of a thinker, had her share of doubts as well. No matter how you looked at it, her feelings for the girl were bound to become pain for her. Too many headaches in just a span of some days, yet if it was for her, if she was the reason for them…she didn’t mind having them at all.

They learnt some things about her too; like how she only rests for about 2 hours or less a day, which explains her nocturnal habits. She also told them that she arrived to school at 6:00 am with Seohyun, that’s why she was always the first one in the classroom. But there was one thing that surprised them a lot.

 

Flashback

It was Thursday after school, the girls went to the infirmary to accompany Jessica so that she could eat. Ms. Seo was there in her office with the girl, while the other four were sitting on the beds waiting for them outside. After 15 minutes they both came out, with the beautiful nurse excusing herself to assist a meeting with the principal’s son, leaving them in the comfort of the infirmary.

“Are you feeling better now, Sica?” Sunny asked the girl who looked paler than before. She noticed the way Jessica would black out during classes, but to her surprise the teachers always turned a blind eye to that.

“Yes, I was late in the morning so I forgot to eat and Seo was busy the whole day, so I couldn’t eat during lunch.” The girl explained while lying down, closing her eyes.

The girls were relieved that Jessica only needed some blood to start functioning well again.

A few minutes later, Jessica sat down taking out her phone and texting a “H.K”, making the girls curious about who was that person. They were exchanging messages pretty fast, as if the other person was solely waiting for Jessica’s answer, resulting in two girls getting pretty jealous. The air became dense as the two were emitting a murdering aura, making the other two gulp in uneasiness. The poor bunny had to ask sooner the question that she had been holding at the tip of her tongue for quite some time if she wanted Yoona and her to breathe clean air again.

“Jessica, there’s something I’ve been wanting to ask you for a while. Can I?” Jessica then locked her phone, setting it aside and staring at the girl while  waiting for her question.

The moment she asked, the air changed; Tiffany and Taeyeon were now paying full attention to her. “The day you helped Fany in the restroom by scaring Suzy and the others…What did you do to them?” Jessica lifted an eyebrow but remained quiet. “When you saved Fany the second time, everybody left and only Taeyeon and me stayed behind to talk to them. We only wanted to assure that they got everything clear but when we asked Suzy what did you do to her she became terrified, she didn’t even tell us a word. So, can you tell us instead what happened?” The girls were anticipating her answer as they had been wanting to know all this time as well. Jessica’s gaze seemed lost, as if she was thinking about something.

“I showed them my other form.” Wait...Sunny was totally taken by surprise, she wasn’t expecting that. “I told you that we have another form, our true form. I was really mad at that time, so for a moment I lost control of my transformation. Suzy was the one who saw it entirely because she was looking at me directly.” Everyone was looking at her as if she had just thrown away a bomb, with a Jessica looking at them using a blank face.

“I-I guess that explains why she was like that. But…Is it really that disturbing? Your true form I mean.” Jessica’s eyes went to the right as if contemplating.

“I don’t know, want to see it for yourself?” A sinister smirk was plastered on her face, making the girls feel a shiver down their spines. But as soon as it appeared, it vanished the second Jessica saw the terror on their faces. “I won’t show it to you, don’t worry. You don’t want to end up like Suzy, do you?” She asked receiving trembling nods from them. “You are the ones who I least want to see it, if I did that you wouldn’t be able to sleep peacefully ever again.” The girls felt a hard lump on their throats because they often forgot that Jessica’s true nature was beyond this world.

 

Now they knew why Suzy feared Jessica so much, though they felt bad for her. They never wanted to see what she saw that time, thank God that Tiffany came out of the stall minutes after.

Even though things were better for them, some nuisances were appearing more to Tiffany’s and Taeyeon’s liking. Taecyeon and Chen, yes, those two were around Jessica like damn flies; every single break they had they would just appear out of nowhere and be with her. What made the girls mad was that Jessica didn’t seem to be annoyed by that, in fact, she would listen to them even though she almost never answered. Sunny had it worse as she would be between the fire trying to calm down the two jealous freaks without anyone's help. Yeah, those days were exhausting, but at least for a week there would be peace because of Jessica’s absence. That day, Jessica bid goodbye to all of them before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter