CHAPTER 48: Fearless

Reset: What Kind of Lover?

 

 

 

Before Seventeen proceed to Bangkok, they had to stop in Korea to check on their two members. Also, to say goodbye to their beloved friend, Ye Jun.

 

Jeonghan said his goodbyes to Ye Jun first before he had another attack. It was so timely when they almost lose Ye Jun as well. It’s like everything is connected. Or maybe, Ye Jun was just waiting so he kept on fighting.

 

“Have a good rest now, Ye Jun hyung.” led by Seungcheol. “Thank you for everything.”

 

“You’ve been very good to us.” added Joshua and Dino. And others thanked him in their own way.

 

That moment, Ye Jun expired. All cried their hearts out. They were devastated and now, they had to look after Jeonghan.

 

“Seungcheol, we will leave after the surgery. We will entrust you everything. Stay strong.”

 

Seungcheol nodded being attacked by anxiety. Joshua embraced him tight as he noticed. “We can do this.”

 

While preparing Jeonghan for the operation, his pulse became rapid. Too much making his heart pump so wild.

 

“Jeonghan, you can do this.” stated Dr. Troy. “Let’s wait for a little longer. Please! He’s going to operate you.” as he continued to block those old men who would rather take Jeonghan as another experiment than a patient.

 

“He will die, Troy.” warned the two doctors who operated Ye Jun. “Let us do the transplant.”

 

“And what?” fought Troy. “I cannot let you experiment on Jeonghan. We’ve already lost Ye Jun in your hands. Enough of your selfishness!”

 

“You have no doctor to operate. He’s in critical condition.”

 

“Dr. Troy, he’s failing. We need to take him to surgery.” stated the other doctor.

 

“No. I won’t hadn him over those bastards. He will definitely come.” expecting someone while trying to talk Jeonghan through. “You can do this, Jeonghan. We can do this. Hold on. Just a little.”

 

“Dr. Troy!” said another doctor inside the room. “We don’t have much time left!”

 

Meanwhile, the boys who didn’t have any idea how fierce it was inside Jeonghan’s room, were busy helping with Ye Jun’s burial. Only a few left for announcements regarding Jeonghan.

 

On the other hand, Jeonghan who was struggling with his situation had a dream. In his dream, everyone was happy. Despite the tension in the real world, his visions were peaceful and delightful. “Everyone.” he called. Later on, the bright set-up of a very beautiful garden switched to a darker one. It was eerie. That time, he was alone, seeing the members vanish one by one. “Don’t go. Don’t leave!”

 

Ye Jun appeared. “Ye Jun? What are you doing here?” the dark became a white room.

 

“Jeonghanie, I’m here to say goodbye to you. You cannot be with me yet.” stated the older.

 

“But- I am going wherever you go.”

 

“Silly! You are still naughty, you can’t go yet… Besides you still have people to look after to. They love you so much.”

“Yeah but… who-“ he was surprised knowing that earlier he knew he was loved by people but now he forgot who they were.

 

“You have to survive this, Jeonghan. After this, you are going to be free.”

 

“You can’t go.” seeing Ye Jun standing to leave.

 

“I am happy now, Jeonghan. I hope you will be too.”

 

“I don’t understand.”

 

Ye Jun smiled. “He is waiting for you. I know you are going to be happy with him. Trust me.” and he left.

 

Back to being alone in the white room. “What is happening?” looking around he saw a person. He was smiling with endearment in his eyes. He was looking at him when he asked “Who are you?”

 

“I love you.” the man stated.

 

Just right then, Jeonghan knew who that person was. It snapped him back to reality as he took a deep breath and cough.

 

“He’s back!” said the nurse. “How long would we need to wait, Dr. Troy?”

 

Troy with his palms clasped together, praying that the man they were waiting would be there any second now because he could tell that Jeonghan won’t last more than a few minutes. “If you won’t make it, we lose.”

 

“Get the surgery room ready!” a man shouted.

 

Hearing the man’s voice, he sighed in relief “What took you so long, Eric?”

 

“I brought with me one of the greatest doctor in heart surgery.” looking at the other man behind him with ease. “I might know what causes this sickness.” He smiled. “I will answer your questions later. First, we have to get really serious on this.” showing the other a chart. “Help me.”

 

“I will. You should do your best! He fought so well.”

 

“I know. I won’t let Ye Jun and Jeonghan’s hardships put to waste.”

 

As reassuring as Eric might sound, the tension was still there. Inside the operating room, the doctors were ever so careful in the procedure. Outside were the boys who’s worried for their beloved member. “Please be safe.” murmured all.

 

Meanwhile, men wearing suits approached the two doctor who allegedly abuse their power and perform and unauthorized and illegal surgery on their patient. They were pulled out for questioning. Meanwhile, Joshua recognized one of the men. It was the lawyer he met the last time. When they met, he smiled and reported “All worked out well. Thank you for your hardwork.”

 

“How about Dr. Eric, is he… I mean… does he have his license back?”

 

“Under probation but don’t worry, this surgery is legal this time.” the lawyer chuckled. “Hoping for the best, Joshua. We should go now.”

 

Joshua was slightly relieved. He shook hands with the lawyer and thanked him. Now, all he needed to do was to wait for the result of Jeonghan’s surgery.

 

It was obviously complicated. Surgery after another. The boys couldn’t wait until the surgery would finished. They were forced to leave Seungcheol behind due to the schedule of their concert since there were people waiting for them and they couldn’t just stop.

 

Joshua, who was now managing the group, were all hands on. He was pretty serious this time, although, not that strict like when he was fooling around the last time. Being a leader had a great weight and Joshua might have an idea what caused Seungcheol’s depression. One moment he rested by the corner. Minghao assisted. “Hyung, you can order us what to do. Don’t do it all yourself. You’ll get exhausted.”

 

“We can’t afford to lose you now.” said Dino worriedly, who’s stomach cramps were getting worst.

 

Joshua breathed three times to relax and said “I’m just tired. It’s not like I am going to die.” as he smiled the usual way.

 

“Nice try!” Jihoon teased.

 

“Hyung! You can’t fake it.” Mingyu added. “You have us. Order us what to do.”

 

“As expected with my reliable cute dongsaengs.” Joshua commanded a few things for each member to note. They deliver their assignments and thank goodness all was well.

 

They couldn’t wait anymore. They wanted to go home to check on Jeonghan. It was his 2nd time in surgery and each session seemed very long. Seungcheol reported that he had no time to go home too since he had to watch over Jeonghan, in exchange of his parents once in a while.

 

“Are you still going to your regular check-ups, Seungcheol?” asked Joshua reprimanding their eldest.

 

“I do. I just can’t stay home alone.”

 

“We are coming home. Hold on.”

 

After their Bangkok tour, all reunited. “You look terrible, hyung.” Wonwoo uttered in surprise looking at Seungcheol’s deep cheeks. He had lose too much weight in days. He was worried. “Is there anything I can do for you?”

 

“I don’t know. I just need a hug… maybe.” almost falling out, he begged. It felt forever when he was alone. He stayed strong but there were times that his illness were eating him.

 

Immediately, Wonwoo took down his bag and gave Seungcheol a very warm hug. “You did well, hyung. Don’t worry we are here.”

 

“I brought grandma’s very delicious kimchi!” shouted Hoshi.

 

“Aigoo, hyung. Could you tone your voice down? There are patients here.” scolded Seungkwan.

 

“Sorry. I just want to give Seungcheol hyung a good amount of energy.”

 

“Very cute hyung. You can do it when you are talking normally, though… Here… I brought marinated crabs by mom. She sent this to us.”

 

“Yum!” both Mingyu and Hoshi exclaimed.

 

“I will buy rice. Watch over Seungcheol hyung first. Wonwoo hyung said he’s got fever.”

 

“Oh dear.” all sighed worriedly.

 

Jun get to the team and said “I will take Seungcheol hyung home first. The doctor said he only need two guardians at a time, so we need to assigned members with designated time.”

 

“Yeah. We need to help Jeonghan hyung’s appa and eomma. They are tired.” added Jihoon.

 

“I will drive them home.” Joshua stated.

 

“I can drive Seungcheol hyung home.” volunteered DK. “I will just have to stop by a grocery store.”

 

“Let me help you with that.” the others volunteered.

 

“So who would stay first?” asked the members. There was only one solution. Rock. Paper. Scissors. All those who don’t have assignments yet would participate.

 

After deciding who’s who and what assignment to do, they all dispersed. Some do their tasks, some took rest to conserve energy.

 

It’s almost a week, Jeonghan hadn’t recovered fully yet when he was scheduled for the third one. All were becoming worried as there was no clear progress yet.

 

“Is he going to be okay?” asked Troy.

 

“I hope so.” Eric said hoping that the result would exceed his expectations. “The heart transplant was successful. Let’s just hope they are compatible.”

 

“And how about the sickness?”

 

“We will see after he wakes up.” explaining the surgery, Eric hoped that he made the right choice. Based on his studies and the information that Troy and the members observed, he thought he had a high chance of success this time.

 

Looking at Jeonghan, he was full of rashes on his body. “He can do this.” murmured Dr. Eric.

 

“I will check on the boys.” volunteered Troy.

.

.

.

A month after Jeonghan’s three surgeries, he woke up. His vitals were okay but they didn’t know yet what was the exact feeling he’s having.

 

“Hey angel, how are you?” asked Eric and Troy who were, at that time, examining him.

 

“I-I’m good.” feeling the heaviness on his breath, Jeonghan answered with a smile. “Im. A-live.”

 

Both his doctors smiled “Your heart?”

 

Jeonghan smiled “Like. Norm-al.”

 

“Good.” said Eric.

 

“Welcome back, Jeonghan! Now, let us focus on your recovery.”

 

“I.” he breathed heavily. “Had. A. good. Dream.” stated Jeonghan carefully. “Ye-Jun. Looked. After me.”

 

“Did he say something?”

 

“We talked. A lot.” Jeonghan told them excitedly despite the difficulty.

 

The doctors smiled. “Good that you are not bored. How’s your sight?”

 

“I see a little.” said Jeonghan. “But I can hear clearly.”

 

“How about your head?”

 

“The oxygen-makes-it-heavy.” Jeonghan chuckled lightly. No need for the two to ask when Jeonghan revealed that he could also move his toes and fingers. Although, his whole body seemed like heavy.

 

“You have to recover fast. They are waiting.” Eric teased.

 

“Seungcheol, Joshua, Jun, Hoshi, Wonwoo, Jihoon, The8, Mingyu, DK, Seungkwan, Vernon, Dino.” He said softly with a smile. “I remembered them!”

 

“Good for you.” Troy stated. “Jeonghan-ah, as you all know, things might be slightly different now. If you get out of this hospital, we need to monitor you still. We need to make sure you are not going to have an attack again.”

 

“Am I good now?”

 

“Still under observation but since the operation, we’ve found nothing to worry about.”

 

“Thank you, Dr. Eric and Dr. Troy.”

 

“I guess we’ll be together for a long period of time.”

 

“I don’t-mind.” giggled Jeonghan. Observing the room, he asked “Where are they?”

 

“Unfortunately, they are on their tour. They are finishing fast so they can see you soon. I will call them tomorrow to tell the good news.”

 

Despite being sad seeing no one beside him, not a single member, he knew that Carats were waiting as well. Besides, their beloved Carats were their life and happiness, in teasing and in good times, so he also had to work hard and said “I need to recover fast so I can join them.”

 

“Good boy.” stated Troy. “Eat well so when they all come home and see you healthy, their exhaustion would be gone right away.”

 

“Got it!”

.

.

.

Despite being in hiatus, Seungcheol chose to look after the team because Jeonghan would’ve wanted that instead of lurking in his lonely mind and his sickness would have gotten worst. When they received the news that their beloved Jeonghan has woken up, it gladdened them.

 

“Really?” stammered Seungcheol with tears of joy about to fall from his big eyes. “Is he alright?”

 

“As far as we can tell, he’s alright. We’ll be careful in his recovery.”

 

“Thank you Doctor. I bet the news would motivate the others.”

 

“Stay safe. We will await you here. Jeonghan is still sleeping anyway. He only woke up by minutes.”

 

“Is it good?”

 

“He’s still under observation but I guess the heart is doing its best to function for Jeonghan. He’s by far have not seen any sign of infection or such.”

 

“That’s great news then. I hope his sickness won’t bother him anymore.”

 

“I can’t promise a normal life after this, Seungcheol but I can guarantee a better life than he had before. By the way, I decided to take the surgery as well.” Eric giggled.

 

“You have to find a great doctor like you.” advised Seungcheol.

 

“They are. Don’t worry. Let’s start healing everyone. You too Seungcheol. Don’t over think. Think of a new hobby if that’d make you busy.”

 

“Thank you. Take care.”

 

Seungcheol told the boys the update delivered by Dr. Eric himself about Jeonghan. As predicted, Seventeen felt they’ve regained their strength.

 

“Can’t wait to be back.” stated the boys altogether in a tight embrace. “For Seventeen!”

.

.

.

Jeonghan was slowly healing day after day. At times he’s awake, he’d stream their songs, watch their videos and look at their photos. He was pretty excited with a new life. Less worry, he hoped. His chest was still painful but his new heart was so happy, he didn’t care. What he did when the first time when he was allowed to go out was to visit his friend Ye Jun. He offered flowers and a few cow stickers with Seventeen names written on their tags “Don’t worry, we will take care of these babies. I will go there as soon as I can. Thank you for everything, Ye Jun.” Jeonghan smiled.

 

The time when he was released, Jeonghan went back to their dorm so his family could have a very good rest. He was able to do small things but most of the time, he was tucked on his bed asleep. His memory didn’t guarantee a full recovery but remembering the most important people in his life was enough. Every day he recites Seventeen’s names in slow beats because their chants were really hard. Anyway, he was just waiting for their arrival.

 

DING DONG~

 

The doorbell rang. It’s gave him a little startle but he went as soon as he can to open hoping that it was s and not the noodles he ordered earlier.

 

As soon as Jeonghan opened the door, he saw 12 members of Seventeen, exhausted but with smile on their faces.

 

“Welcome home!” Jeonghan greeted.

 

“We are back!” if not their screams would put slippers on their heads by their neighbors for such a loud and abrupt one.

 

“Shhh!” Jeonghan immediately hushed but he stepped slowly with open arms to greet them one by one. “Seungcheol.” gave him a hug as he went to another “Shua…” and so on. A tender hug was given to each and every one fair and square.

 

“We missed you.” said the boys tenderly.

 

“Me too!” answered Jeonghan.

 

“Why didn’t you stay with your parents while waiting?” asked Joshua worriedly.

 

“I’d rather stay here. Besides I don’t want them to worry so much.” looking at the whole place Jeonghan added. “Sorry I couldn’t clean much.”

 

“It’s alright. We’ll clean tomorrow. I cannot today.” said Mingyu melting down the floor. The others followed. Jeonghan’s order came, it was a good amount of food enough for everyone.

 

“Let’s eat! I miss having you all together in a meal. Good work, guys!” hyped Jeonghan.

 

The boys eat merrily and care free. They raised a glass and shouted “For us!”

.

.

.

Morning came, one by one, Seventeen got up. Automatically checking Jeonghan as soon as possible. It surprised them to see him scanning every notebook he’s made long time ago. He was laughing alone. He really made the book funny for him to see.

 

“Hyung. You enjoying your vandal?” asked Dino with his morning face and dinosaur’s hair.

 

“Yeah. This is so funny.”

 

“I can see how you make fun of our faces.” As the boy giggled. “Good morning!” said Dino happily and Jeonghan responded merrily.

 

“Good morning!” greeted SeokMin who went to their dorm to give the boys breakfast. His pancakes. Delicious and fresh. His number one fan, Jihoon, assisted him.

 

“Oh! Woah! Pancakes!” Hoshi vibrated in excitement.

 

“You busy?” asked Jihoon because they seemed taking bath early that morning.

 

“Nope. We just plan a little arcade today. Why?” said Jun with towel on his head.

 

“I see. Will meet you for our tour briefing tonight, alright. At 10pm.”

 

“10 pm?” asked Minghao. That’s just too late for a meeting.

 

“I’ll try to finish some song arrangements that time. We are getting ready for a new album.” Added Jihoon with a healthy smile.

 

“So stuff yourself today. Eat plenty!” served DK as he peaked to Jeonghan’s room. “What is he doing?”

 

“Seeing what he’s done with his scrap book.” Explained Seungkwan.

 

“I see. It contains embarrassing pieces.” DK recalled about the content.

 

“I know. But that helps him.” said Seungkwan looking at how Jeonghan laughed his heart out.

 

“Hyung! Let’s eat!” called Vernon who was getting the butter and syrup in the refrigerator.

 

“Whipping cream!” asked Jeonghan running to the group. “And strawberries.” As usual.

 

“Good morning hyung~” DK sang his beautiful voice as he ran and embrace Jeonghan. “Oh, you smell so good this morning.”

 

“I washed up.”

 

Sniffing to Jeonghan’s shoulders, DK felt as ever relax and relieved. “We have a meeting by 10pm.” He informed.

 

“Gotcha!”

 

Meanwhile, the chatter had gone in the mid-air for a moment. Even Jeonghan became quiet. DK was surprised. “Why? Why are you quiet?”

 

He was the only one who didn’t noticed that Jeonghan started crying and he couldn’t stop. The people had no other reasons to think of but a sudden complication or something. It scared the hell out of them.

 

“Hyung!” Jun panicked. “Is there something wrong?”

 

They’ve received no answer. “We need to call Dr. Troy.” Suggested Seungkwan giving Vernon the phone because he’s shaking. Seemed an attack unlike other attacks he had ever had.

 

“No. Don’t” Jeonghan commanded.

 

“Then, can you please tell us what’s wrong, hyung?” Worried Minghao.

 

“I- I’m sorry.” Jeonghan stated all of a sudden.

 

“For what?” asked Hoshi.

 

“For everything.” Jeonghan was in an emotional state and it’s crazy that his memories suddenly flowed.

 

“Don’t be.” Vernon answered.

 

“I didn’t know how much pain I’ve caused you.” People could tell his memories had gone back. It was great news but they don’t know if it was also good for Jeonghan because it’s making him sad.

 

DK and Dino comforted.

 

“It’s alright, hyung.” Said Jihoon softly. “Everything will be fine.” he embraced carefully.

 

“You’ve fight for us! Look at us now… we are still complete and happy, so don’t mind the past.” added Seungkwan.

 

“What’s important is we are all here.” comforted Jun.

.

.

.

Dorm 1 was summoned to Dorm 2 due to Jeonghan’s emotional attack. Thank goodness it’s not the other one. “What’s going on?” immediately stated by the worried Seungcheol.”

 

On the other hand, Joshua came and comforted him immediately. “Hey, it’s alright?”

 

“Do you need anything?” asked Wonwoo concernly.

 

“You must be hungry.” said Mingyu immediately covering the kitchen.

 

These four must have their own agenda thought the others. They were so hardworking. “Calm down. hyung remembered things now that’s why he’s crying.” explained Dino.

 

“What’s with the fuss?” murmured Seungkwan observing his four hyungs who were so affectionate, empathic and worried. Then, he thought, maybe they wanted to give it all out now. It’s not about taking their chance but since Jeonghan had this second life, they must have decided to themselves that they would do their best for Jeonghan.

 

For the meantime, they had to calm Jeonghan down for apologizing. That, they didn’t know how. It just been so helpful when Jeonghan volunteered to wash the dishes. Although still lost, Wonwoo approached “Jeong Jeongie… if you are not feeling well, let me do the dishes.”

“No. I’m fine.” With a faint smile on Jeonghan’s lips.

 

“Would you like to tell me what you are thinking?”

 

Jeonghan thought that Wonwoo was being forced to get matured when he’s with him. “You’ve always been mature for me, Wonwoo.”

 

Wonwoo smiled. “I am not. I just know some naughty people. One has to surrender.” he joked.

 

Jeonghan smiled fully. “You silly! Of course.”

 

“Would you like some hug? I’m not expert at it but it may give you some… some thing.” The boy giggled.

 

“That’d be great. Thank you.” In a warm embrace, Jeonghan was fully covered by their very handsome Wonwoo. Wonwoo’s embrace was ever so delicate. “Wonwoo, thank you for hugging me all the time.”

 

“My pleasure.”

 

“I know that every time I am in your arms like this, you cry for me.” Jeonghan tightening his embrace towards the other. “I know that I am giving you so much pain. I’m sorry.”

 

Wonwoo was surprised that he was aware. “Don’t mind that, Jeongjeongie… Look at us now. I am relieved that we made it this far. I am so proud of you.” He smiled.

 

“I am proud of you too. I’m so grateful for everything you did. You know what, you probably are tired of hearing my apologies.”

 

“Yes.” Wonwoo interrupted. “Enough of that.” he giggled.

 

“Then… let me do something to thank you.”

 

“You don’t have to oblige yourself with that.”

 

“No… it would be an honor. Can we cuddle like this too?” Rubbing his face childishly to Wonwoo’s chest. “Thank you, Wonwoo.”

 

“You’re welcome.” He smiled. “That’s better to hear. Sorry is a burden you know.”

 

“Thank you for taking good care of me.”

 

“We all do.” Wonwoo tightened the embrace with his whole arms conquering the other. “Glad you like us this much.”

 

“Why wouldn’t I? You are all so precious and adorable!”

 

“That’s a relief.”

 

“But I have a question, Wonwoo?”

 

“What is it?”

 

“When everyone is against me. You stayed with me right? I believed it hurt you as well. May I know the reason why?”

 

“Because I love you. You warned me about this beforehand. It hurts but I promised you something. I know it’s not your fault alone. You are pushed to do so… to survive.”

 

Jeonghan smiled. “Thank you for staying.”

 

“No problem.”

 

“I love you too!”

Joshua was in the middle of chores with their weekly cleaning. Jeonghan visited him hoping that he could be disturbed.

 

“Shua ya.”

 

“Yeah? Could you give me a hand?”

 

“My hand?” he teased. “That’s for sure!”

 

Jeonghan giggled. He was watching Joshua busy standing on a stool with broom sweeping off spider webs.  “You are thorough. Could you please do that in my room too?” he giggled.

 

“You can do it yourself. Doctor Troy says you need to exercise your hands. Is that the reason why you are here?”

 

“One reason, yeah. I mainly volunteered to get food so I could escape cleaning.” Jeonghan admitted with a giggle.

 

“Witty as always. You wait. Jeonghan-ah, I want spaghetti since you are volunteering.”

 

“You want me to cook for you?”

 

“You think I want to eat your spaghetti?” with disgust Joshua made with the tease.

 

“Ya! I can cook spaghetti!”

 

“Yeah… the Korean version. Please order for me.”

 

“Fine. Can I get a cleaning voucher?”

 

“Fine.” Before Jeonghan go, Joshua asked “Are you feeling good now?”

 

“Yeah. Everyone is worried about me. Thank you for taking care of me Joshua.”

 

Joshua went down to answer with a smile. “For sure. I will always be with you. May I just remind you that the cleaning voucher is not for forever.” he chuckled.

 

“I know. I know. But you got plenty right?”

 

“Let’s see. If you are not naughty.”

 

“You’ve been very patient of me.”

 

“A LOT” he teased. “But that’s okay. It’s easy. I can handle.”

 

“Is there a hard one?” asked Jeonghan.

 

“Not being engaged with you too much when you needed me the most. This time, I will be by your side.”

 

“Sorry. I probably take too much of your time.”

 

“No. That’s not what I meant. Why are you always getting me wrong?” disbelief in his face.

 

“Then what?”

 

“Do you know how much I’ve been pulling your soul from heaven? I’ve sent my requests many times.”

 

“How?”

 

“I’ve got Hoshi and Dino join me. Such cuties.” Dusting the table. “Now get me a spaghetti.”

 

“Thank you, Shua.” Embraced the other tight.

 

“I love you!”

 

“Love you too!”

.

.

.

Meanwhile, Seungcheol was holding a vacuum to pull off the dirt from the couch when Jeonghan sat on it in his surprise. “Ya. Can’t you see, I’m cleaning!”

 

Jeonghan holding the phone. “Well, I gotta order spaghetti so Joshua would clean my ceiling.”

 

Seungcheol chuckled. “You are good with negotiations, huh? Little of that and big with request. You are really witty, Jeonghan. Unbelievable.”

 

Jeonghan smiled, proud of himself. “You do things for me too. Even without any in return. Are you not getting tired?”

 

“Oh, because you are really hard to say no to.”

 

“Am I that powerful?”

 

“Who could say no to you? Even a stranger would do anything you asks. Geez! What a charm. This is unfair.” he teased.

 

“You are really such a sweet talker, Coups.”

 

“That’s my nature. And don’t get it wrong. I don’t even need to fake it.” boasting himself with a gummy smile.

 

“You are affectionate too!”

 

“Not really.” displaying his muscles. “People are scared of me.”

 

“No… you are charming.” admitted Jeonghan.

 

Seungcheol sighed. “You are late to notice, Jeonghanie. What’s wrong with you?” acting like a problematic one.

 

Jeonghan giggled. “I already noticed it long before. Is this the first time I told you about this? You are sooooo gentle and too kind.”

 

“No.” Seungcheol denied.

 

“You are. You feel everybody… I feel sorry for your heart to carry so much burden. If only I could help.”

 

“You are helping. You always stay beside me. You’ve been my councilor too! I should be the one thanking you.”

 

“I did nothing, Coups. But I am glad hearing those.”

 

“You are soooo strong, Jeonghan. How do you do that?”

 

“Setting my priorities? I don’t have time dealing with small things, ya know. Sooo… what is your order, sir?”

 

“I guess you are tough.” Seungcheol sighed to himself. “Pizza for me.”

 

 “Cheol… thank you for taking care of me despite everything.”

 

Seungcheol smiled. “That’s nothing because I love you.”

 

“Thank you. I love you too!”

 

“That’s good to know.” Seungcheol put down the vacuum and embraced Jeonghan “Let’s be healthy.”

 

“Yeah.” embraced Jeonghan in return. “Thank you very much for staying strong for me and for everybody else.” Holding Seungcheol’s hand tight.

 

“Well, that’s love you are talking about.” Kissing Jeonghan on the forehead.

 

Jeonghan smiled. “You are much delicate and gentler than anyone else in this room. Sorry, I didn’t notice how fragile you are. Next time I will wrap you with bubble wrap. Aigoo, Seungcheolie… don’t get hurt anymore.”

 

“Bubble wrap? What am I a glass? I’m stronger than you think.” Seungcheol defended himself. “I also want ramyeon. Should we ask Mingyu?”

 

“Are you kidding me? He’s tired as well as all of you. Let’s just order. Maybe I’ll cook the ramyeon.” Jeonghan advised. “DK couldn’t cook too, he’d be helping me later with the curtains.”

 

Seungcheol smirked. “You sure collected hands to work huh?”

 

“Yeah. So let’s order.” Jeonghan giggled.

 

Seungcheol looking at the other preciously, he murmured “It’s nice to hear you laugh like that, Jeonghan.”

 

“Yeah.” Seeing Seungcheol at ease. “Yours too. Never lose that bright smile, Seungcheol. It keeps us alive.”

 

“I know because I am too handsome.”

 

“Yeah. Right.” The other argued.

Door rang, Mingyu jumped out of fright. Tons of cleaning material fell over him. Good thing there were no fragile stuffs.

 

“What’s wrong?” Jeonghan called when he heard things fall.

 

“Nothing!”

 

When Mingyu answered, Jihoon sighed. “I’ve been expecting that.” And people laugh.

 

“Answer the door.” Shouted Joshua who was expecting his spaghetti.

 

“Let me.” Said DK who saw Mingyu troubled with the wet floor due to the soaked map spilling after he panicked.

 

“Ya, you be careful!” Seungcheol scolded when he saw DK risked his life jumping pass the wet floor.

 

“Sorry.” Answered DK as he opened the door. Pizza, Spaghetti, burger and other Mexican and American stuffs came. “Woah!”

 

DK was delighted receiving the food. That means he didn’t have to cook. Plus, he had pizza.

 

“Call the people upstairs. Those punks must be starving as well.” said Seungcheol.

 

DK and Jihoon called the boys while Mingyu had to do the polishing all over again. Jeonghan came beside him and get a cleaning towel to help. “You alright?”

 

“Yeah. Don’t worry.” Mingyu smiled. “Leave this to me.”

 

“You need help. I’m hungry, Mingyu. Let’s do this fast.”

 

Mingyu smiled. “Got it.” Realizing that Jeonghan usually don’t eat when they’re incomplete.

 

“Say, Mingoo… We are different but we like hanging out with each other.” Jeonghan suddenly blurted out.

 

“Well, that’s the magic. I love you~” Mingyu giggled sweetly.

 

“Love you too! It’s so surreal when I’m really comfortable with you despite our little differences.” Jeonghan kept wondering.

 

“Me too! So… why are you here, Jeonghanie? You are supposed to be cleaning upstairs.” The taller wondered. “I’ve been seeing you here since we started cleaning.”

 

“I’m scouting.” Jeonghan wittily said.

 

“For what?”

 

“For people who would help me clean my room.”

 

Mingyu sighed heavily. “Aigoo. Jeonghanie you can do it on your own.”

 

“I cannot lift heavy things. Besides, I’ve already scouted Joshua.”

 

“Poor him.”

 

“Can you help me too?” asked Jeonghan while splashing water on the younger’s face.

 

“Stop!” said Mingyu repeatedly. “With what? I won’t clean the whole room, hyung.” knowing that he’s weak for Jeonghan, he already said no just in case that’s his wish.

 

“Why are you addressing me now with hyung?” Jeonghan pouted and still spurting Mingyu with water. And then Mingyu does the same.

 

“Because it’s your responsibility, hYuNG.” Stressed out.

 

Jeonghan giggled. “Please. Help me move my closet.” Now, Jeonghan stopped sprinkling water to Mingyu but to rub a soap on his face.

 

“Yaaaaaaaaaah!” Mingyu shouted because he was getting cleaned as well. The whole room could tell Jeonghan was teasing him again. It’s a usual routine so be it. “You plan to rearrange? That’s too tiring.” The tall puppy whined.

 

“But Jun can’t help me.”

 

“You have tons of people there.” The younger argued and time for his revenge. Mingyu grabbed Jeonghan tightly, washed his face and pinched his cheeks.

 

Jeonghan, on the other hand, thought of a little revenge. He bit the taller on his chin so tight, Mingyu shouted loudly. “Geez! That hurts.” after he forgo Jeonghan as he rubbed his chin.

“Serves you right!” when he saw his whole teeth marked obviously on the other’s chin, he became guilty and kissed it with apology. “Sorry… sorry my Mingoo ya.” he said after noticing a little blood on Mingyu’s face and wiped it immediately. It went too far, he thought. Jeonghan called it quits. “Because we are in the process of changing our things and to dispose unused one.”

 

“You do that?” Mingyu became interested. He was now looking at the surroundings and realized that they’ve never done that before. Mingyu then thought that it’s been too stuffy so they probably need it too.

 

Jeonghan nodded.

 

“That’s a nice idea.” Said Gyu.

 

“Would you help me? Jun has been in their own room. The others were too weak.”

 

“How many tons do you plan to move, hyung? You are unbelievable.”

 

“Just a few more things. I would like to work fast.”

 

“You should be done by now if you were there. Aigoo.” Scolding Jeonghan.

 

“I’m tired.” said Jeonghan cutely.

 

“Aigoo. Why are you sooooo adorable?” Mingyu murmured and sighed. “Hyung! Help!” Mingyu called the others from Jeonghan’s hypnosis because he was slowly giving in.

 

“What?” asked DK who came back with the others who were looking like they worked out way too much with their sweat.

 

“Are you fighting again?” Seungcheol scolded.

 

“Jeonghan hyung is lazy doing his own dorm!”

 

“Ya! I just want help.”

 

Jihoon was laughing “Hyung… you don’t have to hide it. Want me to help?”

 

“You would?” Jeonghan become delighted.

 

“I just can’t carry big ones. I need Mingyu with it.” Jihoon teased.

 

“If you want to carry things, why don’t you ask the people in your dorm, Jeonghan-ah.” Said Joshua.

 

“We can’t!” Dino and Soon Young answered together soaked in their own sweat.

 

“His room is a mess.” The 8 added.

 

“Yeah. He’s trying to fix things and end up messing it instead.” Seungkwan sighed as he saw the process.

 

“I am really tirrrrrrrrrrreeeed!” crawled Jun in exhaustion as Vernon patted him at the back with laughter.

 

“I will assist you as soon as we’re done, hyung.” Volunteered Vernon.

 

“Maybe tomorrow.” Said Chan.

 

Just by looking at them, Seungcheol wondered what kind of cleaning they were doing. “What happened to you?”

 

“They are basically redesigning their dorm, hyung. But it’s very spacious now!” DK’s eyes were sparkling asking if they could do it in their dorm as well.

 

Reading what’s inside DK’s mind, Wonwoo immediately reacted. “Nooooo.” In his lowest of tone. “I cannot. I’m really exhausted as well.”

 

Seungcheol went back and forth their dorm to see. He was convinced but he’s too tired. Maybe they need to plan it out. They will rearrange and clean their dorm as well. He discussed it to his fellow dorm mates and no negotiations applied. After hearing it, people just fell down on the floor like a pile of lifeless people. Just like the old times.

 

Jeonghan was so glad he was still with his beloved people. “I love you all guys!” he shouted.

 

“I love you too!” all responded in unison.

 

They fell asleep on the floor like they were in trainee days. This time with all burdens lifted up. Slowly, they would start healing and this time, no crying because they believe that all was going to be well.

 

THE END

 

 

I hope you enjoyed this series. This will be my last sequel. And I’m sorry if I wasn’t able to elaborate some things regarding Jeonghan’s sickness. haha! It’s too complicated to explain, I don’t know how. Forgive me. And then, since I’ve got 3 candidates for Jeonghan… I think I made the relationship too complicated for me to choose one, but I would like to know which of the three your bet was (or any of Seventeen members) if you may. Just chat me at the comments below. I am curious about it. 

 

Thank you!!! I love you all!