CHAPTER 28: The Consequences

Reset: What Kind of Lover?

RESET

 

CHAPTER 28: The Consequences

 

The night had been so exhausting. Time to wake up, at now, late morning. Seungcheol opened his eyes, feeling a little headache from the hang over. Meanwhile finding Jeonghan without upper clothing jerked him off the bed, adding some more pain aside from his hang over. His eyes became larger in shock and began examining his body as well.

 

N A K E D under the sheets it is. Seungcheol knew they were in trouble.

 

Jeonghan soon woke up and grasping what had happen last night, his shock was slowly showing in his face.

 

“god! What happened?”

 

“Oh no. On no. Oh no no no no!” Seungcheol murmured to himself while the other was looking at him saying the same things in his mind. “!” pushing his hair in distress.

 

“Oh no. Cheol?” gulping in fear. “This is not what I am thinking, right?”

 

Then Seungcheol blindly agreed. “Yeah. Yeah. Do you remember anything? Because I don’t… as of the moment.”

 

“Nope. None.” But fear didn’t subside.

 

“Alright. Keep it cool.” Seungcheol breathed heavily as he stood up with his body. “Me too. Maybe we are just drunk and played a little but nothing serious happened.” Looking at Jeonghan, still covered with the blanket as a cover for the meantime “right?”

 

Jeonghan seeing that golden piece of Seungcheol would always shock him no matter what. “Uh- ye-yeah. Nothing happened. We- we should get going.”

 

“Yeah. Right. Right.”

 

They both tried to collect their things to get dressed but, coincidentally, they remembered the glory that happened last night because of the pattern where their dress was thrown and scattered.

 

“Oh dear.” They both exclaimed with a troubled expression.

 

<<

(Warning!!! Mature Content!)

 

When they entered the door, they were glued on the wall with some serious cardio going on. Seungcheol could still feel the tightness down there and remembered Jeonghan crying with his breathes on his skin.

 

Jeonghan, on the other hand, could recall how he teased and play the other’s body very fondly. How he get him so hard and how they both treated the table their stage in every they both needed.

 

It wasn’t done yet when they positioned themselves on a bigger space. Riding wasn’t a really good going in their mind. That might make them feel good the other night but, this time, it’s a pain in the - literally and metaphorically.

 

_End of the Flashback>>>

 

Both found themselves on the floor. “Goodness.” With a large eyes.

 

“What have we done?”

 

“This is my fault.” Claimed Seungcheol.

 

The other wouldn’t let the other sole liable with the crime they both took pleasure of. “It’s not. It’s mine.”

 

“!” Seungcheol murmured while hitting his own palm with his fist.

 

“Don’t hurt yourself.”

 

“This is my responsibility. I’m sorry.” Said Seungcheol gritting in anger to himself.

 

“No. I- I don’t know but… this is clearly my fault, Cheol.”

 

“I am really sorry.”

 

“No. please.”

 

Both of them were problematic.

 

“No one should know, right?” said Jeonghan.

 

The other agreed. But their conscience were killing them.

 

“Let’s fix things and get out of this room.” Seungcheol recommended. They even clean up their mess. Both get their showers and dressed properly after fixing the room so no one would ever tell that they did it. They cleaned it as neat as possible. After clearing their mess up, Seungcheol noticed bruises on Jeonghan’s arms and thighs.

 

“Was that my fault?” again, problematic to what he might probably done.

 

“Uh- no. these are my fault. And I mean it.”

 

“What happened?”

 

“I- I knocked myself into something before we get here.” He lied.

 

“Are you sure? Are you okay? Why didn’t you tell anybody?”

 

“It’s just bruise. This is nothing.”

 

Seungcheol was getting some suspicions again, but just by looking at Jeonghan with so much time, its getting him turn on. Same with Jeonghan. That would bring them more trouble so they promised to keep the distance and act like nothing happened.

 

Good thing Jeonghan’s bruises would give them another issue to fix. They went into the car with all their things and also their thoughts of disappointment to themselves. Now, they could clearly remember everything they’ve done after they sober and it’s worst. They could even image their faces while doing it. Seungcheol couldn’t drive. They spent most of their time at the car that afternoon. It felt the world was turning around. They weren’t so sure if they could act normal in front of the others. It’s beyond their wildest of dreams and it’s making them crazy.

 

All voices heard in the car was their heavy sighs. No talk at all. Even a phone call would startle them to the fastest beat of their hearts.

 

Seungcheol’s phone was ringing and the one calling was Joshua.

 

The first thing Joshua said when he picked up was “Where are you?”

 

“Uh- going home.” Joshua’s voice sounded like and urgent matter. “Something happened?”

 

“Is Jeonghan beside you?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Ye Jun is rushed to the hospital.”

 

“What?” shouted Seungcheol which startled Jeonghan beside him. “What happened?”

 

“Well, it’s a long story and you needed to be here as soon as possible. He needs blood.”

 

Seungcheol became worried. He immediately pulled the gears of the car and rushed. And since there was nothing to hide anymore, he didn’t care if Jeonghan would ask some questions.

 

“Cheol, is there something going on? I- I can ride another car if you are not comfortable with me.”

 

“No. it’s not that. Whether or not feeling comfortable, we still need to be together.”

 

“Then, what’s wrong? Why are you rushing and where are we going?”

 

“YE Jun is in the hospital. Joshua said he needs blood.”

 

“Ye Jun?” wondered the beauty.  Seemed like he forgot about him again.

 

“He’s a close friend of yours, Jeonghan. I’ll explain to you later. Grab on tight.”

 

In the Hospital_

 

Joshua was with Wonwoo that time. They were free to look after Ye Jun after a call from Dr. Eric. Ye Jun was reportedly fell on the stairs in the morning to get hays for his cows. His injuries wasn’t serious but the lateness of knowing that that incident happen had made him lost more blood.

 

Seungcheol and Jeonghan was coming towards them in rush. “Hey, where do I donate?”

 

“Sorry to call. It’s just that you are the only ones who’s AB.”

 

“Yeah. I understand. Where should I go?” panting with the sudden marathon.

 

Joshua pointing the direction to where they could take his blood. That time, Jeonghan visited the man inside his ward. He wasn’t sure yet who he was but Joshua and Wonwoo tried to let him understand. Ye Jun was on his sleep while Jeonghan was trying to figure out who the man was. When he tried to, his head was hurting. Fortunately, his smell would make him remember. Although, there were some difficulties about it since Ye Jun’s smell changed a bit due to the place and the kind of job he was in. When he remembered really quick, Jeonghan held the other’s hand. There, Joshua and Wonwoo understood that he finally recognize the man.

 

Ye Jun woke up after a few hours after the blood was given to him. Jeonghan was left there to be with him while Joshua was with Seungcheol. Wonwoo left for a while to buy food.

 

Inside the room_

 

“Are you okay, Ye Jun?” asked Jeonghan worriedly.

 

The other smiled and said “Yeah. You don’t have to worry.”

 

“Did the attack occurred again?”

 

“Yeah.” Said Ye Jun with a weak voice.

 

“I’m sorry, I should have been with you that time.”

 

That was when Ye Jun learned that the boy was lost in time again. It was hard to cope up with sudden memory inserting in the middle of another time and he felt pity on him too. “Not a problem, Jeonghan. How have you been coping up?”

 

“I’m good.” Said the other “No need to worry.” But when he said that, there was a little discomfort on the way he expressed it. Ye Jun noticed.

 

“Something wrong? Come here. We can talk.” said Ye Jun.

 

“I’m sorry.” Said Jeonghan again as he sat beside the older with their hands together.

 

“What are you sorry about, Jeonghan. I said its f-“ Ye Jun’s sentence was cut when he saw marks on Jeonghan’s skin, particularly in the neck. “What are those?” pointing to the portion where he saw one.

 

Jeonghan panicked and covered what could probably caught Ye Jun’s attention. From his quietness, Ye Jun became suspicious and asked “Is that a bruise or-“ removing Jeonghan’s hand covering the skin. When he finally analyzed things, he frowned.

 

“Please. Don’t get mad. I-“

 

“Who’s with you?” asked Ye Jun with anger.

 

“We were drunk, Ye Jun. It’s nothing.” Answered the other as if he was full of guilt.

 

Ye Jun scoffed. “Nothing?” looking strictly at Jeonghan and added “You did it, don’t you?”

 

Jeonghan became quiet.

 

“Who is this man with you?”

 

Jeonghan become anxious and its paralyzing his speech.

 

“Jeonghan!” he scolded.

 

“I- it was Seung-“

 

“Tsk! Then tell me how the hell it’s nothing, Jeonghan?” the other scolded with anger.

 

“I’m sorry. Please. Let me explain first.” His hands began shaking because of the tense. “We were drunk and we didn’t mean it.” Explained the other.

 

“Do you really plan to continue doing this?”

 

“I didn’t mean to. I’m sorry. It will never happen a-“

 

“It will never happen again, Jeonghan. I will tell them. They need to know.” Ye Jun threatened. “Is it because of the contract regarding my medical expenses? Huh? You need to stop this!”

 

The other couldn’t utter a word anymore. He was scared and he felt terrible for betraying not just Ye Jun but the others as well.

 

“I can’t let you give yourself to just anybody. You need to respect them and yourself, Jeonghan. This is not helping, alright?” Ye Jun shouted. “Let us fix this together. This can’t go on like this, you understand? Your friends are also people who gets hurt and if you continue to do this, you will be hurting yourself too. You are not a person who get to offer what others want you to do. This is not life, Jeonghan.”

 

“But I-“ his tears started to fall. “But I didn’t know what to do, Ye Jun. I’m scared of losing you.”

 

Ye Jun was surprised but what Jeonghan was doing wasn’t right. “I appreciate everything, Jeonghan. It’s just that, this is wrong.”

 

“I know. I will fix it right away.”

 

“With dating them one by one? Bringing them hopes that you’d love them back the way they wanted to?”

 

“That’s not what I meant. They are important to me. I want them to rest.”

 

“But why are you acting like you are for everybody? And now, you’ve done it! How was that supposed to fix things, Jeonghan?!”

 

“Please. Listen to me.”

 

“You tell them. I know that you have a good purpose for the money and I am very much thankful to you that I am still here. But this is wrong.”

 

“I know.”

 

“Then, you should end it right now.”

 

“I plan to but not now.”

 

“Then when? If everything is worst? If you completely ruin all your relationships? Tell me when?”

 

“I don’t know. I- I’m scared, Ye Jun.”

 

“Because you know its wrong.”

 

“Because I love you. And I can’t lose you.”

 

“How does it sound to you, Jeonghan?” said the other firmly. Also feeling guilty that it was all because of him.

 

Meanwhile, Seungcheol was still on the other side of the wall, getting hurt from what he’s hearing about their conversation. It’s not like he wanted to listen to but it just happened. On the other hand, Wonwoo came back. He was about to give Seungcheol his food but he suddenly left for no reasons with unexplainable expression. Wonwoo then attempted to knock, but a sudden confrontation held him back.

 

“Are you really out of your mind?” scolded Ye Jun more. “You are losing those boys now because of me!”

 

“I don’t want to lose them either. I will not lose any of you.”

 

“By keeping this a secret? Is that what you mean?”

 

“Then, tell me how?”

 

“You stop this mess now before its too late.”

 

“But how about you?”

 

“I can do this, Jeonghan. Like how you survived.”

 

“I understand that you don’t love back me but-“

 

“If only I can tell you how much I love you, Jeonghan but its not me right now. Your heart is not for me anymore and that man would be hurting if you don’t fix things as soon as possible.” Sadly admitted.  

 

“That’s not true. I love you since- since we were young.”

 

Ye Jun smiled. “If I only knew back then, I should’ve told you those words too. But, now it’s different. I know you are confused, but it’s not me and I already accepted the fact that I can never have the same love you have to me back then.” Grabbed Jeonghan to his arms. “I made you do this. Let’s fix them. Doesn’t matter what happen to me now. It’s the time I should help you, alright? Do you trust me?”

 

Jeonghan was surprised. He was kind of confused in his tears.

 

“Just prepare yourself because it’s not gonna be easy. They cannot be nice forever because they love you but you cannot lie to them forever. Your love to them will bring you all back together but you cannot give up now.”

 

“It’s not your fault, Ye Jun. You don’t have to suffer because of my foolness.”

 

“Believe it or not, I have a big part on this. Don’t cry now. All I want is for you to live the life without hiding. I want you to live in all honesty because that’s who you are. I cherish you the most Jeonghan. Even if my cows ran out of milk, I will make it appoint to give you all the nutrients you needed just for you to be healthy again. I love you.”

 

Jeonghan tightened his embrace to the other. “I don’t know what you’re talking about right now but, I trust you.”

 

Ye Jun giggled. “Sure. If I forget about you during this process, you got to do this (tight hug) to me everytime so I can remember. Coz you know what? You are the first person I remember as soon as my memories get back and the rest will follow.”

 

“Will do. Thank you so much.”

 

“How many dates do you have left?”

 

“Two.”

 

“Then, don’t break their heart yet. But I need you to be quick.”

 

“Thank you. You’ll be fine, right? We’ll be out for some concerts, YE Jun. I need you to be healthy.”

 

“My fresh eggs won’t let me down. I am strong as steel.” The other chuckled.

 

That time, Wonwoo dared to enter wearing his regular strict and sharp expression while delivering their food. “Sorry, there’s many people in the café.”

 

“That’s nothing. Thank you.” Said Ye Jun.

 

Wonwoo looked at Jeonghan’s swollen face and said boldly. “You know, Jeonghanie? Stop crying like someone’s dead when someone got hurt or getting sick. It can make people down.”

 

“I see.”

 

Ye Jun made sure that he covered the marks Jeonghan have in his neck. “Thank you for the food.”

 

“No problem.” Said Wonwoo still observing while eating.

 

“We’ll talk later. It’s better that I tell you than you finding out from the others.”

 

Jeonghan nodded.

.

.

.

Outside the hospital, Joshua saw Seungcheol sitting on a bench with scorned face. It was after he talked to Dr. Eric about Ye Jun’s condition since he was the only one who could explain things to the man.

 

“Hey.” Joshua approached. “Is there something I can help?”

 

“Nothing. I am fine.” Said the other with a grunt.

 

“Did something happen?”

 

“Not important at all. Can you just leave me for a while?”

 

“I understand. Just want you to know that I am here. You can tell me.”


Seungcheol nodded.

 

Going Home, Seungcheol’s expression and mood was foul. People could easily tell. But they wasn’t so sure when did he get that expression from. Asking wasn’t an option because everyone was scared of him. Jeonghan was scared as well. Actually he was worried that he heard what they actually talked about inside the hospital room. He feared that Seungcheol would stray away from him.

 

That night, Jeonghan wanted to think about the things he should be fixing as soon as possible. He got up late night and went to a convenient store all by himself. Wonwoo actually saw him from the window while closing the curtains. He became alerted about Jeonghan’s suddenly having his alone time this late night. He decided to follow him but he needed back up. He went to the 2nd dorm just to check if it was really Jeonghan who went outside. Then, after confirming, he went to Minghao, woke him up to ask for a mock massage he did to Jeonghan’s hand that he recovered fast. It was pretty painful and it was unavoidable for Wonwoo to not hurt his friend as well. Poor Minghao he got a pretty nice bite after he pressed a portion of the wolf’s palm.

 

“Geez! How dare you, hyung!” exclaimed The8 after feeling a burning sensation on his arms.

 

“Thank you. That hurts, man.” Contemplating to his hurting palm as if it was disabled.

 

“Yeah. That hurts too.”

 

“Sorry.”

 

“Now, begone.” Asking his older brother to get lost because he’ll be tuning into his sleep again.

 

And Wonwoo did. In fact, he tried to follow Jeonghan as if he could smell the scent of their angel along the street. He knew and would always suspect that he’s gone to the nearest convenient store for a good beer.

 

He was right when he found a pretty man outside with his coat on, alone with a single can with him. Wonwoo thought it wouldn’t be complete without another round and a little food to chew- peanut would be perfect.

 

He tapped the other’s cheek with a cold can while the other was startled. “Here you go.” said in low tone.

 

Jeonghan looked at the man who offered him another drink and recognized “Wonwoo? What are you doing here?”

 

“I found you sneaking around. They didn’t know, do they?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“And how are you sure you’d be okay alone?”

 

“Sorry. I wasn’t thinking at all.”

 

“You are serious right now, Jeonghanie.” The other teased although he was risking the mood because Jeonghan might get mad at him.

 

“Oh. This is nothing. I am just sad.”

 

Wonwoo knew what exactly making Jeonghan sad. Although the idea was incomplete yet and he’d be patiently waiting for Jeonghan to reveal it himself. So, he directed it to the possible subject he could throw. “I know you are worried about Ye Jun hyung.”

 

It wasn’t what he’s worried about, but he could count him in, since he was kind of worried now due to the accident he had. “Yeah.”

 

“He’s strong. Just cheer him up.” Said Wonwoo.

 

“Yeah. Thank you. Why did you follow?”

 

“Not yet ready to sleep.”

 

“I see.”

 

“When can we date exactly?” asked the wolf.

 

Jeonghan looked at him like it wasn’t the perfect time to talk about it. However, since there’s nothing to talk about, he had to ride with it. “I was thinking doing it abroad but I think I’m gonna make it sooner before our concert.”

 

“Anything would do. I’m the last right?” Smirked Wonwoo.

 

Jeonghan smiled and nodded.

 

“I am expecting too much, Jeonghanie.”

 

“Just lower your expectation.”

 

“I cannot do that. Mingyu has told me so much. Chan had told me exciting things as well. You can’t let my expectations down now.” Said Wonwoo with his teasing yet lovely and most of all expectant eyes.

 

“Alright. I will do my best.”

 

“Will expect that.” Now grinning.

 

“Wonwoo?” called Jeonghan.

 

“Yes?”

 

“If I did terribly wrong. Would you forgive me?”

 

“How wrong is that?”

 

“Like it will hurt you so much. Would you ever forgive me if I’ve done something that would hurt you so much?”

 

“Depends.”

 

Jeonghan became anxious and Wonwoo noticed.

 

“As long as you have a good reason, I will believe in you. We all make mistakes. I do not have the right to despise a person who’s doing things for reason.” Said Wonwoo maturely. Now, looking at Jeonghan “Would you like to confess to me about the thing that’s bothering you?”

 

“I will tell you for sure.”

 

“Then if it needed to be solved as soon as possible, you better tell it fast.”

 

Jeonghan smiled. “Thank you. I don’t deserve that kindness you are showing me, Wonwoo.”

 

“What? The love? IS that grave you are expecting us all to be mad at you?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

Wonwoo sighed heavily. “I think you don’t know me yet, Yoon Jeonghan.”

 

“You are kind and I know that.”

 

Wonwoo looked at him without saying a word but a little gesture saying ‘Come here and lean on me.” Jeonghan leaned his head to the man. They stayed there until they were willing to go back due to the sleepiness that they’re having.

.

.

.

Seungcheol’s quietness, and almost everyday, having a foul mood alerted the other. Joshua was always the one to volunteer to talk to the other if in case no one would. But he didn’t act violently as if he was mad. Sadness covering his face with madness, so no one would dare ask. He’s been doing his job, still, as their leader but he had this doubt growing inside his heart. He was confused, worried and disappointed to a lot of things and it included himself.

 

“Seungcheol. Let’s fix things right now.” Said Joshua immediately.

 

Seungcheol looked at him and answered. “There’s nothing to fix, Joshua. I am fine.”

 

“C’mon, Cheol. I cannot just pretend that you are fine. Did something happen between you and Jeonghan?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Then why do you keep distance with him? Tell me what happened. You’re okay after your d-“ thinking carefully about the time they arrived. Joshua couldn’t identify now if it was about the date or the moment they were inside the hospital. “Was it after your date or during your date?”

 

“Joshua. Can you leave me alone? I have lots of things to do.”

 

“I can see that and you still have no progress on it. You’ve been doing those for quite a while. Just tell me what happened and we’ll clear things of, alright?”

 

“Shua.” With a stern voice.

 

“We are worried about you. Should I ask Jeonghan instead?”

 

“You go and ask him. Just leave me alone.”

 

“Look. I’ve been trying to solve things here. We are having a tour now, Seungcheol. You can’t stay like this.”

 

Seungcheol looked irritated and Joshua wouldn’t even falter with his gazes. “Just let me rest. I’ll be fine.”

 

“I won’t wait any longer after this, Seungcheol. You need to talk.”

 

“Alright.”

.

.

.

 

Jeonghan was thinking about Seungcheol’s actions. He was distant. Probably it was because of the things that happen to the hotel, but the anger? He didn’t think that he was like that when they left the hotel.

Jeonghan was scared to confront Seungcheol but it was the only way he could fix things. He gathered all the bravery he’s got and was about to go to ask Seungcheol but Joshua happened to be there with them and asked “Jeonghan. Can I get my date now?”

 

Jeonghan was surprised and didn’t know how to react on it. While the other was asking of simple things with his angelic face.

 

“Now?”

 

“I know it’s too much to ask but, we are soon going abroad and I’d like to have a good talk with you.”

 

“I think that’d be okay.”

 

“And if you are thinking of talking to Seungcheol, today is not a good time. I know there’s things that happened. It isn’t nice, is it?”

 

Jeonghan was shy admitting with a nod.

 

“Then, let’s use our time to be ready on this. I have something to tell you as well.” With a smile so affectionate, Jeonghan could feel so much ease on it.

 

“Hold on.” Said Jeonghan grabbing his book and laptop. “Will do a brief appointment.”

 

Joshua chuckled. “Will do an overnight. Would that be alright?”

 

“That’s supposed to happen since it’s already noon. But I hope Seungcheol is okay.”

 

“He will be. He just need some time. So while he’s in beast mode. Why not spend our time together so he has all the time to calm down.”

 

“I am not sure if it was a good idea but- I guess, he really needs time.” Said Jeonghan. Once he’s done with his appointments in the internet. He told Joshua to pack his things up ready for an adventure because they’d be crossing from island to another.

 

Joshua on the other hand was surprised because the things Jeonghan was doing was really fast. He suspected that the date was planned beforehand and all he’d do was to book things up.

 

“That was fast.”

 

“For you.” Said Jeonghan with a wink.

.

.

.

Hello!

LET’S KEEP ALL THE SHIPS SAILING guys. I hope you are all doing well.

Do you still enjoy this series? I am almost at the . Haha. Dates are just the other part of the story… I hope you could hang on and stay with me until the very end.

Stay safe you all. ;D