Chapter 29: Twin Flames

Reset: What Kind of Lover?

RESET

 

CHAPTER 29: Twin Flames

 

Jeonghan and Joshua snuck from their friends that time. They ran off somewhere far nobody knows. The next thing was Jeonghan informed Wonwoo coming from a text to get ready for a good date the moment Joshua and him returns.

 

Upon getting an abrupt and seemed rushed scheduling, Wonwoo sensed that there’s a need of an immediate fixing with regards to Jeonghan’s problem with his health or with the sin he’s referring to when he’s talking about not wanting to hurt them all. Eitherway, it’s going to be a hell lot to work out, considering that each might throw up different opinion and emotion. With that being said, Wonwoo was getting anxious of the things that may happen in the future.

 

To be honest, Wonwoo wasn’t expecting much. Whatever is possible, he would make it happen as promising as ever.

.

.

.

Joshua and Jeonghan were now on their way to the harbor. Joshua was worried about things, but he wanted all to be happy right now. It’s such a rare event in their lives, so better get the most of it.

 

Just before they left, they left a note by the table of each dorms saying “Save it for later- JJ”

 

Mingyu was the first one to see because he mostly do the cooking. “Hey! Whose are these? Who’s JJ?”

 

Wonwoo was the one to answer. “Jeonghan and Joshua hyung.”

 

Where did they go?”

 

“You mean, going? They’re on a date.” Stated Wonwoo.

 

DK was surprised that they thought of that in the middle of things going on as he looked at Seungcheol who was still sad and half angry. “Do you know where?”

 

“They said, they’d be going somewhere they can’t be contacted through phone but letters.” Answered Wonwoo.

 

Meanwhile, on the other dorm, Vernon was the one to see the letter left sticking under a basket of loaf. Same with the boys downstairs, he asked “Who’s JJ?”

 

The others wondered cluelessly. “Why?”

 

“It says: Just chillin’. Be back tomorrow.-JJ”

 

They all checked one another and find out that it was their Jeonghan hyung who was missing. And by counting the dates left, they assumed that the other J was meant for Joshua.

 

“They’re on a date?” wondered Jun.

 

“Probably yes.” Answered Minghao.

 

“That was abrupt.” Said Dino, and about to change the topic. “Guys, is Seungcheol hyung okay? Maybe something happened during their date that makes him sad.”

 

“You think so?” asked Seungkwan.

 

“Yeah. I’ve noticed that too.” Added Vernon.

 

“Should we ask?” asked Soon Young. “Maybe something happen again to Jeonghan hyung that they probably won’t let us know.”

 

“That would explain things.” Said Jun.

 

“But who are you going to ask?” wondered Seungkwan. “I don’t want to start talking about it with Seungcheol hyung. He looks scary. And who knows what’s in his mind right now. He’s kind of mad and sad-ish. I totally don’t understand.”

 

Soon Young was about to volunteer but Minghao held his hands and a shake his head saying “Hyung, let’s give the task someone else.”

 

“But only Shua hyung could do that with Don, you know.” Uttered Chan with confidence towards Joshua.

 

“I think so too.” Agreed the others.

 

“But this is too awkward, you see?”

 

“I agree. So, let’s just wait for the two to come back home.”

.

.

.

Meanwhile, in the other part of Korea, Jeonghan and Joshua got a rented mini caravan for their seaside camping. Jeonghan took the first step to the sea, play with his feet in the waters until he felt the cold sensation running up his body as soon as he walks deeper and deeper to the ocean. Joshua came through and started dancing with the waves.

 

It felt freedom.

 

“We should go somewhere really secluded and reserved some time across Asia!” Joshua said merrily, hoping that a nice vacation could happen for them to rest. Well, he’s got some places in mind where he’d like to take his friends for vacation, especially Jeonghan.

 

“Where would you like to go? There’s Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Cambodia- uh, Malaysia. I guess I want to try visit tropical countries. They’ve got beautiful beaches and islands there.” Said Joshua.

 

“Indonesia has. Seungcheol, Wonwoo and I already went there.” Jeonghan boasting, feeling that he’s ahead Joshua.

 

“You know, I’ve been to the Philippines but I haven’t explored much of it yet. I’ve got not much time to spend. Mingyu and I have been thinking of going on a vacation there lately. You want to?”

 

“What do you want to do there?”

 

“Some adventure. We’d like to try the survival challenge. But it’s better when we’re all together.” Joshua giggled. “The more of us, the chaotic it becomes.”

 

“You mean living in the forest?” Jeonghan slightly had a doubt about the idea.

 

“Yeah. Like the real thing. Real camping. That’s gonna be fun!” Giving a little devilish facial expression.

 

“You are scaring me.” Said Jeonghan. “I know why you want to bring Mingyu in there. You devil!” He giggled.

 

“Oh. No. No.” suspecting that Jeonghan was thinking he’d use Mingyu for things to get comfortable. “You are the only one who’s thinking like that. It’s a real true friend trip.”

 

“Am I the only one?” scoffed the other.

 

“Right. Might be Jihoon too and other more, but that’s not what our goals are going to be. We’d do extremes.”

 

“I was just kidding. Mingyu is useful but he needs taking care of. And besides, don’t do that crazy idea. You might die. Don’t!” said Jeonghan worriedly.

 

Joshua was surprised that Jeonghan could be serious getting scared for anybody else. “We won’t. But anyway, I guess that’s not your thing. But… I’d like to see you work like our first One Fine Day again.” .

 

“Right. That was too tiring for me.”

 

“Then, it’s gonna be worth to see.” Telling like it’s a very exciting show.

 

“That’ not fair.” Jeonghan pouted and sighed. Guess that would make others happy as well. He couldn’t blame them.

 

Oh well, they needed to use their time wisely. So, off to the car and drove somewhere interesting after a rest in their quite economical yet comfortable stay in their mini caravan to rest.

 

“What do we do tomorrow?”

 

“You tired?” Jeonghan became surprised when Joshua seemed to get ready for an early retirement when their day had just started. They can’t call it a day yet! They just had some good rest while enjoying the view with the food. That can’t be it.

 

Joshua, on the other hand, became surprised. “Why? Are we going to go somewhere?”

 

“Of course! I mean if we’d just sleep, it’s useless.”

 

“Oh. I think I did not over think.” teased the other with a giggle.

 

“We will be very busy tonight. Would you like to have any request?”

 

“Up to you. I’ll do whatever you want.”

 

“It’s not about whatever I want. It’s about what we do together.”

 

“Alright. After this… hold my hand. That’s how dating starts.” Said Joshua fearlessly.

 

While the other was dumbfounded. “I didn’t know you are just too bold.” He giggled. So immediately, he reached his hands to the other.

 

Walking with hands resting comfortably on each other, thankfully Jeonghan’s hand was warm, they roamed by the seaside. Breathe some fresh air. Bathe their feet and lie down on the sand waiting for the sunset in peace.

 

“It’s beautiful here.” Said Joshua.

 

“Yeah. I know that the beach calms you down.”

 

Joshua smiled and looked at his date “Thank you. This is a great breather for me.”

 

“Glad to hear that.” Smiled the other.

 

“Jeonghan? Let’s talk right now.”

 

Jeonghan looking to the other “About what?”

 

“About us. About everything. You. The team. The two of us.” Said Joshua in a serious tone.

 

Jeonghan was flustered with a sudden serious talk but the talk Joshua demanded was either to be done either now or soon. “Alright. Where do we start?”

 

“Can you tell me what happened to you and Seungcheol? He seemed not himself lately.”

 

“I-I cannot answer that right now. I mean I’ve got some things to say. I don’t want to tell you guys until my plans are done.” Looking quite scared, Jeonghan released a tone that’s sad.

 

“You’re scared.” Looking to the other. “Hmn. I guess you are right. This is a date and I say let’s enjoy the company of one another.” Grabbing the beauty’s hand again as he dragged him to the sea. To the deepest they could reach.

 

“Ya. You should stop right there!” warned Jeonghan getting scared because his feet almost couldn’t touch the ground as they both struggle to lift their faces above the waters.

 

However, Joshua released his grasp from Jeonghan as he got farther and farther until Jeonghan couldn’t see him from any angle. It scared the hell out of him. He was confused. “YA! Joshua Hong!”

 

After a few seconds his eyes couldn’t catch a hint of the man, he charged himself to take another step, not caring if the sea would drown him. But that moment, Joshua held him on his waist and appeared in front of him magically. He was laughing loudly until he found out that Jeonghan was crying all along. He was surprised. He didn’t know that the other would take that seriously. Now that he has tears on his face, Joshua felt guilty. “Hey. Are you okay? Something hurt?” worrying about the things not related to what possibly made Jeonghan cry. Joshua cupped the older’s cheeks and smiled while wiping his tears away. “Hey, did I make this to you?” now he realized.

 

Jeonghan nodded innocently. The Capricorn smiled and kissed the older on his nose and apologized with his loving tone. “Sorry, Jeonghanie. I didn’t mean to scare you.” And embraced him while getting back to the seaside.

 

“Let’s get back now.” Added Joshua. Looking at Jeonghan again, he saw a mark on his neck. At first he thought that it was due to an attack but he kept his silence and observed. Landing on the seaside, he saw it clearly and realized what may have happen between Seungcheol and Jeonghan.

 

He was silent for a while, like Seungcheol has been doing- a silent of anger and something else that’s labelled to be a sad one. But still, he trusted Jeonghan as he held his hands walking back to their caravan. “Hey, want a drink?”

 

“P-probably just a little bit.”

 

With how he replied in such stutter, Joshua might have find out that they were drunk that time. Hoping that they didn’t really do it, but you can’t control yourself over alcohol when it gets you. He wasn’t expecting a good news but he just clenched Jeonghan’s hands like he wanted to protect him. He did not know what really happened and who’s at fault but he’ll try to understand first before he’d throw the blame into others.

 

It was painful just by thinking but he tried to be composed and happy. Although, it was hard to focus when there’s too much going on in your mind.

 

That’s when Jeonghan noticed that his date was out of his mind for quite a while. He suddenly remembered the mark he might have seen while his clothes were being dragged down by the sea current. He covered it immediately, hoping that the other did not noticed at all.

 

“Let’s change now.”

 

“Yeah. Sure. You go first.” Said Joshua. “I got to find my toiletries and a pair of good clothing tonight.” Smiled him even though he’s hurt.

 

“Alright.” That time, Jeonghan was weary about Joshua finding out a lot more. Including the bruise he inflicted to himself. It was very big and it was hard to hide with the clothes he brought with him since he forgot that he has a lot to conceal. Good thing his jacket can help.

 

After they both get dressed, they stroll in the streets. They ate dinner little by little as they pass through every street with food stall on it. On their way to the unknown, they passed by a noisy street full of loud music and bars. It’s not as toxic as the others in the city. In fact, it’s quite relaxing. People dance and drink by the sand and enjoy the bonfire with their cold fresh brewed beers.

 

Joshua was liking the vibe. He wished he brought his Jeonghan no. 2 with them.

“Hey, why don’t we go have some fun on that bar?”

Joshua and Jeonghan joined the crowd and dance the night. They both never thought they’d do such thing but dancing in a crowd felt different from dancing on stage. Anyway, since they are free that night, there’s nothing wrong in getting wild, right?

 

Joshua was wild. Maybe by the influence of the beer but Jeonghan didn’t see his friend like this before. He’s not the type to get attention but tonight is different. Well, guess, nothing’s wrong with giving it all tonight. Although, Jeonghan couldn’t catch up with Joshua’s energy. Thank goodness the music turned mellow. Slow paced and relaxing. Came right in time!

 

However, Joshua grabbed him and again dipped their feet to the sea. “This way, it’s more relaxing.” The gentleman smiled. “Care to dance with me, Jeonghan?”

 

Since they do not know how to dance in partners and Jeonghan just want to rest, he rested his body towards Joshua and placed his chin on Joshua’s shoulders in a manner of an embrace. Joshua could’ve never thought Jeonghan would do that and chuckled. “Guess you are tired, huh?”

 

Jeonghan smiled as he felt Joshua’s arms wrapping around his body this time. It felt so good. The warmth, the slow paced, the air. Everything is perfect right now. Joshua did not want to let go.

 

“Jeonghanie…”

 

“Mn?” trying to get his ears near Joshua because the music was too loud for him to hear clearly.

 

Joshua was satisfied with how Jeonghan sink himself to his neck and smiled. “I like this.”

 

“Honestly, I am really tired but this- I like this. It’s very comfortable.” He giggled. “Should we get to the next destination? I mean the true destination?”

 

“Oh- so you really have a plan?”

 

“Yeah. Let’s go to a small theatre here. There’ll be shows. I hope you’ll like it.”

 

And yet, Joshua was amazed on how Jeonghan find gold everywhere. They watched a small traditional play of instruments and dance. It wasn’t normally Joshua’s interest but it was so mesmerizing to watch. They didn’t even use their phones. They actually left it to the cabin because it won’t be needed anyway.

 

It was a good night. Though, Joshua was getting himself ready for the terrible news after they go back. They went inside their caravan and lay down in one bed. Tried not to be drunk to avoid the unavoidable. It was just adorable when the owner filled their mini house with lights. It felt like dream land. And just by the big window in the ceiling, they could view the stars. Thanks to the clouds who cleared a sight for the two of them to view the milky way.

 

“Good night, Jeonghanie.” Said Joshua but there’s no more reply. He checked upon Jeonghan thinking about how tired he’d become since they’ve got lots of activities that night. Well, the angel was obviously asleep in his arms already.

 

Since it was kind of humid that night, Joshua thought of taking Jeonghan’s jacket off for his comfort. After taking out Jeonghan’s jacket, he noticed a big bruise on his arms. Joshua became worried and just for checking, he felt his pulse just to be sure that no attacks had happened that night.

 

When things seemed good that night, Joshua rested himself beside Jeonghan. As always, he wondered his eyes around Jeonghan’s beautiful face. Weak but still beautiful. Jeonghan’s face has spoken many words to Joshua. He knew he needs help.

 

Joshua caressed Jeonghan’s face tenderly while figuring out how he could help even when it hurts until he slept.

.

.

.

 

The next morning, Joshua couldn’t find Jeonghan elsewhere. He panicked a bit until he heard noises, inclunding Jeonghan’s soft voice as he shouts.

 

 “Shua! I bought fresh fish and squid! Let’s cook them.” Holding them all in a net with a smile bright like sunshine on his face.

 

Joshua was relieved and at the same time happy seeing such a bright smile. “You should smile for me like that always and every day.” Greeted him in exchange. “Good morning!” With his soft voice.

 

“You better cook, Shua.” Giving everything to him.  

 

“I thought you’d cook me breakfast.” Wailed the younger.

 

“You know I can’t cook well. These are rare find. You better cook it.”

 

He agreed, actually. “Yeah. Lemme take care of these.”

 

Joshua cooked it with a few yet remarkable seasonings found in the cabin while Jeonghan was looking after the grill.

 

While cooking, Joshua asked about their next activity, but that one’s going to be in the city. Jeonghan explained that it was just a simple. They’d be riding a cruise. It’s actually eating again, so he advised not to eat too many but it was kind of problematic because he bought a lot. So, they thought they’d bring some home for the others before they proceed to the cruise.

 

“I noticed that you’ve brought me to lot of water viewing today, Jeonghan.”

 

“Yeah. Because… wait. Aren’t you reading the paper I gave you? The theme for today is Capricorn. Half fish.” Jeonghan giggled merrily.

 

“Oh! Right. Although it’s an element of earth, is it not?”

 

“Well, it doesn’t matter. I am referring to the tail, Mr. Hong. Don’t you like it?”

 

“Of course I like it! Thanks!”

 

“Gosh Joshuji.” Rolling his eyes in full circumference.

.

.

.

Heading back to the city. They did deliver the fresh seafood over the dorm and immediately went to the port, as planned.

Jeonghan clipped a Capricorn brooch which he brought from the comic con where Jun and him had dated, so he could pin it to Joshua with his lovely casual suit on.

 

“There you go! Aigoo, isn’t it cute?” looking at the brooch.

 

“I am and I thank you.” Joshua giggled. Since they wore the same brooch, they were officially couple.

 

“Let’s enjoy, Shua. I hope you like this.”

 

Entering the ship, it was a good sight. Quite elegant. Actually, it’s also a high-end restaurant since Jeonghan thought that he might not enjoy fancy restaurants like the others. Joshua was quite unpredictable, though, it wasn’t the generic as well.

 

“You’ve picked well, Jeonghan.” Looking around he found a y dressed bar just beside their seat.

 

“I know.” Giggled the other as he ordered steak with wine. “Enough of seafood. Let’s go for meat.”

 

“Fantastic!”

 

It was dim inside unlike the view outside. There were billiards right at the corner and a few games to enjoy with, but they chose to enjoy the company of each other with a bottle of good wine.

 

“This is great! Let’s have a date again like this and I will be the one in charge.”

 

“Sure.”

 

“Hey. Just tell me anything. Don’t worry, I’m a neutral person. I’m a Capricorn.”

 

“That doesn’t sound right.”

 

Joshua giggled. “Because it’s part fish, part human. Like libra. There’s balance. I will listen.”

 

“I know you made that up but okay. Let’s see. Thanks!”

 

The two spent quality time together. It was a quiet date. The most chill and comfortable date compared to the others. Even if they won’t talk, silence weren’t too bothersome for the two.

 

Going home, while driving, Joshua held Jeonghan’s hand, kissed it and said “I know you are getting tired now. Thank you for a wonderful date.”

 

“I should be the one to thank you.”

 

Just in front of their building, Joshua stood steadily in front of Jeonghan asking for a sweet and tight embrace. Jeonghan didn’t bother at all. He ran without doubt, reaching for the other with a warm embrace.

 

“Thank you for everything, Shua.”

 

“Quit saying that. I don’t feel good at those phrases, Jeonghan. Just give me a very gorgerous smile.” Holding the other so tight. Tighter than the other could and pressed his face near his ear and said “I love you.”

 

Jeonghan was surprised. He couldn’t utter any word. Nevertheless, Joshua wasn’t expecting any in return. He just want to say it.

 

Jeonghan replied in a way of touch instead. He patted the other’s head and smiled the way it was felt through his cheeks.

 

“I’ll be right here.” Offered Joshua.

 

Jeonghan nodded. “Thank you.”

.

.

.

Returning home in each of their dorms, Joshua felt weak falling directly at the floor. The sound was alarming and so everyone got up to see. Jihoon was the first one to see and shouted “Hey! Hyung! You okay?”

 

“What happened?” Mingyu came rushing from the bathroom to check.

 

Joshua became weak about the things filling up his head. He had mixed feelings and it felt so heavy, his heart couldn’t take the burden anymore. He wasn’t unconscious but he’s feeling his head was spinning. He didn’t know if it was the alcohol that had hit him or the feelings he couldn’t let go when he had to for everyone.

 

Wonwoo got up as well because it began feeling serious. “You need any help?”

 

Meanwhile the others, DK and Seungcheol, were on stand by.

 

Joshua, on the other hand, tried to stand up by himself although feeling heavy and weak. It was fortunate that he didn’t feel it while driving, otherwise, they could’ve got into an accident. With the help of the others, Joshua managed to get up. His heart beats faster. His cheeks were red and he’s feeling a strange heat on his neck to his cheeks.

 

“What happened?” finally Seungcheol asked in concern.

 

“You don’t have to worry. Just let me rest.” Said him.

 

Joshua was currently feeling the weight of the responsibility, both his and Jeonghan’s after he left. Ever since Jeonghan needed to leave for his treatment last time, he was the one to carry each and everyone just to stay intact like Jeonghan usually does for the team.  It wasn’t easy and he’s sure that although Jeonghan does his job perfectly in their group, it doesn’t mean it’s not a great weight for him as well. It’s taking a toll on him, especially when another storm is about to come.

“Hey, Seungcheol?”

 

“Yes? You need something?”

 

Grasping the eldest clothes gently “You tell me, how have you been?”

 

“Why ask me? You are the one who’s sick.”

 

Joshua smiled and answered. “Don’t worry about me. I think, I’ve had too much of water…I want to know about you.”

 

“Are you drunk?”

 

“A bit. But this is nothing. I can hear and understand you clearly. How are you?”

 

“I’m fine.”

 

“Not that I can see. You have highs and lows Seungcheol. You have your own weakness because you are not the super hero.”

 

“I don’t know where you want to lead this conversation.”

 

“Hold on to us, Seungcheol. You are not alone.”

 

Of course, it convinced Seungcheol that the person was drunk with the abrupt out-of-the-topic conversation.

 

“Just get a good rest. We can talk tomorrow.”

 

Joshua smiled with a scoff. “I told you I am fine. There’s a storm coming Seungcheol and you’re not gonna like it.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Jeonghan is slowly remembering his memories, even the first things even before us.”

 

“And?”

 

“He’s confused right now.”

 

“You are making crazy conversations here, Joshua.”

 

“Might be but have a good grip if we are important to you. I’m worried about you, Seungcheol. I’ve never seen you weaker than this.”

 

“Shut up and sleep.” Carried Joshua mightily and tucked the blanket to cover him comfortably. “Good night. Just call me when you need something.”

 

“You are more confused than Jeonghan right now. I know there’s something wrong between you. I want to get mad the possibility I just discovered but I trust you both.”

 

Alerted, Seungcheol avoided and said “Just get to rest.”

 

“Promise me you will… we will survive this.”

 

Seungcheol sighed and thought that Joshua might have this kind of drunken issues, so he let him be.

 

On the other hand, Wonwoo was getting ready for his date tomorrow. He felt strange since Seungcheol and Jeonghan came from their date but he got to hang in there and get a good grip.

 

That night, Wonwoo had to ask Jun if he could replace him to accompany Jeonghan tomorrow to the hospital since they would have a date afterwards.

.

.

.

While everyone was asleep, Jeonghan couldn’t. It isn’t because of his sickness but his conscience. He texted his best friend but he didn’t reply at all. He came texting Wonwoo and finally a text back. “Aren’t you going to sleep yet?”

 

“Why aren’t you too?” replied the younger.

 

“Can’t sleep?”

 

“I was but I heard my phone.”

 

“I see. I’m sorry. Goodnight Wonwoo. See you tomorrow.”

 

“Can’t sleep?”

 

“Yeah.” Admitted the older.

 

“You want me to climb up there?”

 

“Can you?”

 

“Sure. Not a problem. Do you have ice cream?”

 

“Let’s buy?”

 

“Will wait for you downstairs then.”

 

Both meet downstairs. Jeonghan giggled. “Never thought that you’d be my midnight snack buddy, Wonwoo.”

 

“I usually don’t have midnight snacks, but if you need me, I’ll accompany you.”

 

“Sorry for bothering you this late night.”

 

“That’s nothing.” Smiled tenderly by the other. “Can I hold your hand?”

 

Jeonghan looked at him with his large and confused eyes but forget it. He immediately smiled and held the other’s hand tight and warm.

 

While eating ice cream in Jeonghan’s room, Wonwoo couldn’t help but to ask about the activity they’d be doing in their date tomorrow.

 

But first things first, Jeonghan had to apologize that they might get into the hospital with him and that he might feel a little high. That’s what his therapy does.

 

But, Wonwoo’s answer was as cool and poetic as always. “As long as I am with you.”

 

Jeonghan giggled. “You are really my modern Shakespeare, Wonwoo.”

 

“I can be that.” Satisfied with a handsome smile.