CHAPTER 16: GETTING CLOSER

Reset: What Kind of Lover?

RESET

 

CHAPTER 16: Getting Closer

 

Morning came. Jeonghan was the first one to get up. That explains how hard working Mingyu was last night when he found themselves on the bed rather than the outside from last night. Lots’a hardwork for their Mingyu everyday huh?

 

Jeonghan paused with sleepy eyes looking at the surrounding including the handsome man beside him. He realized Mingyu’s arms was holding his head with such a nice, firm biceps leaving his head right into the perfect angle he wished for a pillow. In addition, his whole body was wrapped with a sun kissed skin, so warm and very delicate. What a comfortable human blanket with added little weight with hands around his small frame, Jeonghan felt satisfied. The embrace Mingyu was giving him made the wingless angel calm and happy.

 

For all Jeonghan know, the members only does this royal treatment with him.

 

Soon after, Jeonghan remembered what he’s done last night. A kiss. As usual, he felt embarrassed but what was done is done. No turning back. He’d rather have that memory than none. Meanwhile, Jeonghan got this guts to pull himself closer to Mingyu and cuddle him as tight as his feeble arms could.

 

On the other hand, Mingyu was sound asleep. He won’t even flinch.

 

“Poor Mingyu. I’m sorry, but I gotta set an alarm because you need to attend to a show. For now, sleep tight.”

 

Jeonghan did not sleep this time. He never had a chance. That was because he’s too anxious for the alarm to sound. Nevertheless, he get to enjoy the warmth of Mingyu’s big and comfortable built. Meanwhile, Mingyu waking up not pass but before the alarm as he mumbled “I’m hungry.” unconsciously.

 

Jeonghan giggled. Pulling his arms away from the taller man was useless because he was being pulled back with a tight and overwhelming embrace.

 

“Good morning!”

 

“Good morning. Sorry to keep you up late night.”

 

“No worries. Just a small task. Did you have a good sleep?”

 

“Yeah. Very well. How about you?”

 

“Yuhp. Now, let’s get going because I am really getting hungry and so we can drive home. Thanks for the date, Jeonghanie~ I’ll look forward to our next dates.”

 

“Sure.”

 

The two went home as soon as possible. The moment they got home, they saw the members assembled in one place because Jihoon had a brilliant idea. Yet again.

 

People were streaming with their new song entitled “Getting Closer” right after ‘Home’ by their prodigy- VOBO, Master Lee Jihoon. Jihoon, was at that time, presenting the whole album to his friends for review before they finally publish it.

 

A few minutes later after hearing all the songs included in their new track, Jihoon made the boys listen to a mix he made just in the afternoon to consult the boys if they were approved with such genre. If so, he’d continue to compose it. Getting Closer was a hell of a new genre for all of them, now, another refreshing song was introduced to them again. It was just a minute long but if they would summarize the feeling of it, they would say that the song was very dramatic in terms of the beats. It was a mix traditional and non trad instruments mixed together. They wouldn’t say it’s a dark concept but they felt extreme hype with it. The approach was quite bold, still having this little amount of conservativeness on it. Overall, it was unique in their ears. Not like them huh? They’re discovering more and most probably evolve into another level.

 

Confused yet thrilled. That’s what’s going in their mind right now.

 

“What’s that?” asked Mingyu getting excited upon hearing the song.

 

“The new HIT song.” Said Seungcheol proudly.

 

Chan was very hyped opposite to Soon Young who was quiet on his frowned brows, not because he didn’t like it, but he had this choreography getting ready inside his head. Basically, Soon Young’s mind was in chaos and everybody could tell.

 

“Ya, Mingyu ya, you have schedule right now, so make haste. Later, we’ll discuss it to you.” Reminded Seungcheol.

 

Meanwhile the rappers would need to gather because they’re going to write their own lyrics. Exam as usual. The lyrics were given to them with a blank space to fill in after some instructions.

 

Assembled to their own spaces, everyone was busy with their duties. And DK was the busiest making the others busy too.

 

“Ya! Pipes down!” shouted the others.

 

“What? I am serious here.” Showing his innocent face.

 

“You are too loud, hyung.” Reminded Vernon.

 

“Too much?”

 

“How do you think people will feel after hearing shouts from the other part of the wall, hyung?” Said Dino with a sigh. “I can’t concentrate either.”

 

“Oh.”

 

Jun noticing that DK was getting upset, Jun approached and jumped over the young ones to give him some diversion. It shocked DK so much like he almost feel his eyeballs pop. Congratulations, Jun! You are successful diverting DK’s attention to you. However, the big thud distracted all of them.

 

“What was that?” asked Joshua.

 

Finding them all ran into the same place at the same time, they witnessed Jun clinging on DK while patting his head.

 

“What’s wrong with you, hyung?” said the shocked DK to Jun playing like a koala clinging tight on his back.

 

“You okay? I’m sorry, I got excited because your voice is really pretty.”

 

“Really?” smiling at last. Thank goodness DK was comforted completely.

 

“Yeah. Want to practice with me?” Jun asked.

 

“Where?”

 

“Where I can have a piano.” Jun smiled.

 

“Alright.”

 

So, the team had their own division as per now. Before they went to their office for the piano, Jeonghan reminded Jun about their upcoming date.

 

Jun wasn’t expecting it too soon. Now that Jeonghan invited him, he panic displaying different types of Junhui’s eccentric behavior. Later on, he started running, but soon after he’d stop and think. A few moments later, he’d become hyper again until he gets the right mood to adjust with. Geez! This man. Running into DK’s mind. He’s too unexpected. It’s just that the adjustment had gone too far with Jun feeling a sudden shyness crawling all over his body. Now, he’s pulling DK out of the house so he could feel a little relief.

 

“I will prepare for our date, hyung.” Said Jun while running outside with a happy face. Excited and dangerously active.

 

Boom! Another accident had occurred and thank goodness it was just a small bump but had things in tangle afterwards.

 

“YA! Careful, IMMA!” said Minghao who was very troubled with his friend. Baby rather.

 

“We’ll be back!”

.

.

.

On the road, Jun forgot about the practice he promised to DK. They were going out of the way and heading to the other instead.

 

The confused DK had too much for a day now, he thought he needed to make Jun come to his senses again. “Where are we going?”

 

“DK, can you lend me some time so I can shop for our date?”

 

“I thought we will practice?”

 

“Yeah. But, DK, please?”

 

Who wouldn’t go when Jun says ‘Please.’ Even Jihoon would say yes just for him. So, instead of getting their job done, they did shopping. And mind you, they were like on a date with Jun in charge. Quite messy but, nothing to do when it’s ‘the Moon Junhui’ you’re with. At least he’d buy you food. Not just food.  Anything you like no matter how expensive it’s gonna be.

 

Inside a restaurant, King Arthur was with his Chinese constable. Who gave honor to him by buying a good feast to enjoy.

 

“You know hyung, I am glad you invited me for a walk.” Said King Arthur with his mouth full.

 

“Oh. That’s nothing. Thanks for accompanying me to buy these stuffs.” Jun looking at some props and gifts he bought for their date. Oh dear! He’s more than prepared than he thought.

 

“Thanks. Will you treat me next time?”

 

“Of course!” said Jun merrily.

 

“Ajuuu Nice~ What is that you are preparing?”

 

“Props and maybe costumes. Just simple thing.”

 

“Woah~ that’s gonna be an epic, I guess.”

 

“Nah. Not really.” Jun chuckled. “What else do you want, King Arthur?”

 

“You are allowing me to have something else?”

 

Jun looked at him and blink too many times because he was confused. Seemed like he didn’t get DK’s logic. “Isn’t it not a meal if we don’t have dessert?”

 

DK’s eye widened. “Ooooh~ right. Right.” He nodded abusing the older one. “I guess I am LUCKY today~”

 

“You earned it.”

 

They ended up eating the whole day instead of having their practice. They didn’t even notice the time. When they got home, Jun secluded himself from others with the stuffs he bought. He was inside his room, concentrating with things he should do for the date. It’s time for dinner and Jeonghan was the one who called him. DK already told that he was not eating. Probably Jun too because they had no idea how they shop for both things and food. That they buy food in every street they went in to look for the things Jun had listed.

 

Jeonghan knocked and opened the door. He found Jun very busy building things on his own. He was with a glue gun, very focused on his own activity. His room was in chaos. It’s messy and you could see things from all over the place. Bet his roommate would scold him for that.

 

“Junie, time for dinner.”

 

Jun didn’t hear him, so he called again. Jeonghan knew that he wouldn’t be heard in a soft voice since the younger was so into his project.

 

“Jun? You up for dinner? We’ve prepared the food, just come along if you want to eat.”

 

Finally, Jun noticed. He became startled as he began keeping his project with his blanket, as if nothing had been revealed for the longest of time Jeonghan was there.

 

“Oh! Have you seen a thing?”

 

Jeonghan thought it’d be better if he’d lie to lessen Jun’s paranoia since it was obvious that the pure and innocent man didn’t want him to know about his project. “Nope. I just came.”

 

“I see.” A sign of relief Jun displayed which Jeonghan find adorable thinking that Jun was that of a kid sometimes. He’s quite imaginative. No wonder he’s an artist.

 

“You gonna eat?”

 

“Nope. I’m still full. I ate with DK while… while we’re together.”

 

“I see.”

 

“Hyung, when do we date?” asked Jun straight.

 

“The day after tomorrow. Coz you have your schedule tomorrow for a photoshoot, right?”

 

“Yes. Is it going to be a whole day?”

 

Oh my, Jun was being so adorable. “Yes.”

 

Jun smiled widely. “I will look forward to it.” Said Jun giving a little pressure on Jeonghan unconsciously.

 

“You are pressuring me.” Jeonghan teased.

 

“I didn’t mean to say that. But the others story excites me.”

 

“Oh, did they tell you?”

 

“Every single one of them. I bet Mingyu is telling everybody your date downstairs.”

 

Now that Jeonghan knew that there’s a very expectant person in their date, maybe he should project it a lot better than what he’s heard. Though, Jeonghan had no idea how exaggerated their stories were. Even Jihoon exaggerated too much for the others to get envy. But Jeonghan was very confident of the things he prepared for Jun.

.

.

.

The next morning, Seungcheol was out because he thought he’s having a not so good feeling again. He was with Joshua to accompany him to the hospital. They made sure Vernon was left inside the house due to the Jeonghan’s therapy every once a day.

 

Oh, and Soon Young was already on his zone. He was learning the song and now the dance. It was very fast indeed. Dino were there to help. Now, their living room was like a practice room because all of their things set aside to the walls. Both were very energetic. Their adrenaline was rushing, opposite of Jun who just didn’t have the energy that time as he sat on the bar eating cereals.

 

“You didn’t sleep, did you?” assumed Seungkwan. He wasn’t wrong when he saw a nod as the older’s response. “What did you do? You know you have a photoshoot today, right?”

 

“I did something for our date.”

 

“Oh~ I bet that’s a surprise.”

 

“Yeah.” Suddenly, Jun felt a little energized just by thinking the project he did. It turned out well. That’s what he thought to himself and he’s very proud of it.

 

Seungkwan was seen a smile on his lovely face. Vernon liked it so much that even though he just woke up, as soon as he passed by Seungkwan he pat his face and squish it a little with smile on his face.

 

Seungkwan was alerted. He frowned while drinking his morning iced coffee. “What was that for?”

 

“Nothing. You look cute.” As honest Vernon would usually tell.

 

Not new hearing these things from Vernon. He’s always like that. Now that they observed, they noticed that there’s one person that hasn’t been out for a while. It’s Jeonghan… and since he’s alone in his room most of the time, they needed to check up on him once in a while.

 

“Gotta check Jeonghan hyung for a while.” Said Vernon after drinking a cup of warm water while singing a very low ‘Change Up’ lyrics with Jihoon’s line made everyone hear chuckle.

 

When he opened the door, he suddenly rose his tone into a soprano level because he saw Jeonghan on bed holding his head in so much pain.

 

“Jeonghan hyung. Jeonghan hyung.” Vernon called in haste. “What’s wrong?”

 

Jeonghan couldn’t hear him. At least his bass tone, but not his words. His ears were deaf again with a sharp monotonous sound and he’s feeling terrible as if his head was being pierced.

 

Everybody hurried following Vernon’s step. “Do you need anything, hyung?” asked immediately by Seungkwan.

 

“Oh dear. Oh dear!” said Dino. He rushed towards their kit and get some hotpacks and the injection given by his doctor. Which was his job to inject whenever Jeonghan feel these symptoms with red spots growing on his body. Dino’s eyes was as sharp as an eagle. He noticed that immediately and aided it.

 

“I’ll get water.” Said Jun.

 

“Alright. I’ll get a towel.”

 

“Hyung, you can do this.”

 

Realizing that s were around to help him overcome the disease, he smiled and said “I’ll be fine. Thank you.”

 

“We know. Just hold onto me, hyung. You got another shot to take.” Said Vernon.

 

“Don’t worry, it won’t hurt. I can’t feel anything on any parts of my body.” Jeonghan chuckled painfully. “But my head.”

 

Minghao proceed to the massage he knew from a Chinese aunt he met last tour in China. While performing the massage, Jeonghan felt pain like a sudden volt entering his body and shouted. Minghao and the others were surprised on his reaction.

 

“Press it again.” Said Jeonghan because for the first time in that level of attack, he could feel again. As the other continued the massage, Jeonghan whimpered more than once.

 

“Should I stop?” said Minghao.

 

“No. Please continue.” Said Jeonghan.

 

After a while, it prevented his coldness and shortness of breathes. Now, everyone was calm.

 

“Where did you learn that?” asked Jeonghan.

 

“With the aunt I met while having a massage.”

 

The other’s chuckled hearing that Minghao was really their Carat Nation’s Healthy Ahjumma. “You are officially the ahjumma of our team, hyung.” Called Seungkwan.

 

Minghao was embarrassed because, yeah, it felt like it’s true. He’s drinking a lot of vitamins with teas and all the healthy stuffs. Now he had a massage. Geez! Adulting is quite difficult, yeah?

 

“Thank you everyone.”

 

Jun was pretty late since he had just boiled water to wipe Jeonghan’s body with luke warm water. “Oh! Everything alright now?” But his efforts wouldn’t be put to waste since they still needed that, just for the proper procedure. It’s quite a quick operation and they were happy that he didn’t end up turning cold and in pain.

.

.

.

Later on, his doctor called, reminding him of his therapy in the hospital. Doctor Eric never stopped developing new kinds of therapy and also medicine to that sickness. Now that he was reminded, another person rang their doorbell. Dino opened the door and found Ye Jun by the door. Again, with the food he got from the farm.

 

“Hello, Chan!” he greeted lively.

 

“Oh, hyung!”

 

“Is it okay for you that I will be accompanying Jeonghan for today’s therapy?”

 

“Oh- for me… I am fine with it.”

 

“I just need to be with him because Doctor Eric wanted to talk to me too. He said that Jeonghan’s schedule would be today, so I made haste and bring all these to you too. Hope you ‘ll like it.”

 

Seeing that there were a lot to eat again, not just the abundance but also the freshness, Dino thanked him a lot.

 

“There’s Kimchi under the carton of milk.” Ye Jun added.

 

“Kimchi?!” Soon Young heard his favorite food from a far and he’d never falter to welcome Kimchi on the table.

 

“Oh hyung!” greeted the excited Soon Young to Ye Jun. “How have you been?”

 

“Oh! Soon Young! It’s nice to see you. I bought your favorite Kimchi. I heard you like it. And I hope all of you too. I’ve done two batches. One here and one to the other dorm.”

 

“Oh! That’s very kind of you.” Showing an enormous heart sign and blowing it towards their kind hyung.

 

“Is Seungcheol here?”

 

“Nope. They’ve gone to the hospital.”

 

“What’s happened to him?” the other worried. Also, it made the SVT who didn’t know about the situation worry too.

 

“He just want to see a doctor. Joshua hyung said Seungcheol hyung’s fever is returning again.”

 

“Oh no.” said Seungkwan. “He should rest.”

 

“Let’s talk to him. We can offer our help right?” said Jeonghan.

 

“Of course. Sometimes, Coups hyung just keep it to himself.” Said Minghao.

 

“Please tell him and the others that I accompanied Jeonghan today. Let me have a few time with him too, if you may. Do you have any schedule after?”

 

“Ah- no, hyung. You can do whatever you need to do.” Smiled Vernon.

 

“Thank you.”

.

.

.

 

While Joshua and Seungcheol were consulting a doctor. Joshua persist to let him be informed of whatever Seungcheol was experiencing. It was unusual for a strong man to have this symptoms and it’s really frightening that it keeps going back once in a while.

 

“I can take care of myself, Joshua.” Said Seungcheol in a weak voice.

 

“Right.” Answered in sarcasm very determined to take part of Seungcheol’s diagnosis.

 

The doctor explained that he had a healthy body and that everything was normal but his heartbeat. Although his heart was counted healthy, the heartbeat showed an uneven diagram. It was worrisome if it continues but first, the doctor advised he take vitamins daily including the other supplements and go return after 7 days to see if there’s any improvement. If not, he’d direct him to someone who could help.

 

Going home, Joshua sighed “Hey, you can talk to me.”

 

“Yeah. I know that.”

 

“What’s happening to you, Coups?”

 

“I’m not sure too.”

 

“Better get everything fine before it gets worst. The team needs you.”

 

“Thank you. I know. Sorry for making you worry.”

 

“That’s the kind of thing now, huh? You and Jeonghan keeps on saying that lately.”

 

Seungcheol scoffed with smirk. “Yeah. I think so.”

.

.

.

On the other hand, Jeonghan had gone to Dr. Eric to have his monthly check up. They let Jeonghan do the things for observations while Dr. Eric consulted Ye Jun as he knew that he had the same sickness with him.

 

“I retrieved your records from your doctor, I found out that you have much worst situation than Jeonghan.”

 

“That’s true. Dr. said, Jeonghan was mild and probably a slow progressive one. I had gone through tests like this, but every time it’s just getting worst.”

 

“How have you overcome these events?” asked Dr. Eric

 

“I- I don’t know. It had stop attacking me one day. I never discovered what happened then. Although I am not sure if there’s still a possibility it may show up again.”

 

Dr. Eric sighed as the weight of the research was felt all in his shoulders. It was a hard disease and it needed more research and patients to have them tested with some experimental procedures and treatments. “This is getting hard because of the pressure.”

 

“I agree. Thank goodness Jeonghan reached for help. It saved me a lot. He made sure he’d take care of me even though he had a tendency to forget me sometimes.” The other breathed deeply.

 

“Support you? In what way?”

 

“He supports me financially.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah. He told me that idea first thing after he began training and it made me mad. I even fought with him. I’m such a fool.” he sighed. “But I owe him a lot. So, I gotta do everything just to make him happy and healthy.”

 

“That’s kind of you. May I ask something?”

 

“Anything?”

 

“Have you been keeping a diary?”

 

Ye Jun was surprised and thanked that he did such thing before because he’s bored. And somehow, his doctor asked him to do that in the latter part. “Yes. I did. I kept them all. Should I bring them?”

 

“If you will allow.”

 

“Of course. I am all willing to, if that would help Jeonghan a lot.”

 

“Thank you. And may I know if there have been any attacks lately?”

 

“I don’t know if it was it but, I have tremors and paralysis once in a while.”

 

“May I check upon that too? If you are willing to, I may have to look at you as well.”

 

“Sure. But I got to warn you that I’ve been living far from here because I have a farm to take care of. I cannot just go here. I hope you understand.”

 

“No problem. I can visit you.” Dr. Eric smiled.

 

“Sure. Take a vacation there if you want.” The other gladly offered.

 

“Thank you.”

 

Before Ye Jun went out, he remembered to tell the doctor something. “Hey, I don’t know if we had the same cure or prevention for this sickness but, when I can sense my attack coming, I tried to fight it with another pain, so it wouldn’t continue at all.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Well, this may sound unpleasant but… I induce pain, open wound if I can or something that I could feel more than the approaching pain coming from inside my body. It’s just directing my pain into another spot. Sometimes I do activities that would calm me down. That’s the reason why I have a farm. Heavy workloads had helped me.”

 

“I see.” Eric smiled. “Let me try that on Jeonghan.”

 

“But he’s full of activities right now. I don’t know why he’s getting worst. If I usually gets an attack, just years back, trying not to harm yourself was hard for a period of time. My body just locks me down.”

 

“I see. It is somehow psychological.”

 

“I think so. But something is triggering the attack. I just can’t tell yet.”

 

“Thank you so much for the help.”

.

.

.

Going home the two, Jeonghan and Ye Jun, dropped by a café to eat and talk. Taking some time together Jeonghan became worried after hearing Ye Jun’s previous condition “Is it true that you do that?”

 

“Yeah. But don’t do it to yourself. I will kill myself if you do that.”

 

“Oh! That’s not necessary. Minghao massaged this morning and I think it had the same thing with you redirecting the pain.”

 

“That’s good then. A massage is quite nice.” Ye Jun chuckled.

 

“Yeah. But it’s kind of painful, you know. But that’s fine.” Jeonghan chuckled.

 

“About Seungcheol. I am worried about him too, Jeonghan. You are all a bunch of kids.” He sighed. “You know, weakness is visible in his face every time I see him. I think you need to talk to him. I don’t know him well but, he’s still a man. Maybe he’s stressed with things, he just didn’t know its putting too much on him. I know you’ve experienced that yourself.”

 

“I see.” The other sadden.

 

“Jeonghan. You need to be strong. Did you remember a thing in your contract?”

 

“With?”

 

“With Pledis.”

 

“Oh- that. Yeah. Of course.”

 

“I am still angry with that but- I hope you are all doing great. It’d be very displeasing if they know. Treasure every bit of your friendship because I know they love you so much.”

 

Jeonghan sighed heavily. “I know.”

 

“It’s a hard job for you to be honest, but don’t make their fondness of you break their heart.”

 

“I hope I didn’t do something terrible before. They’re too kind for me and…”

 

“Just be responsible.”

 

“I know.” Jeonghan became problematic.

 

“You’ve changed a lot, Jeonghan.”

 

“Worst?”

 

“I don’t know. Something has changed.”

 

“I believe so.”

 

“Do you remember anything?”

 

“Not all, but the wild ones. Maybe they’re all coming back slowly right now. Things are flashing in my head and I think I did something wrong. Very wrong.” Becoming haunted with his conscience.

 

“You need to fix this before you hurt them again.” Ye Jun was looking strict. “It is my fault Jeonghan.” And sighed. “You are doing this for me.”

 

“It is my choice, Ye Jun.”

 

“You are important to me Jeonghan and even If you become angry at me just to make things right, I will do it.”

 

“Then let me try to fix this out first.”

 

“Just call me when you need me. I’m sorry for being like this, Jeonghan. But I just want you to be you again. If it’s not possible to be yourself years ago, then, at least you need to live comfortably and honestly. You are lucky for having your friends.”

 

“I know. I’m really feeling guilty right now.”

 

“You are not the only one, imma.” Ye Jun did an endless sigh again. “I’m really sorry, Jeonghan.”

 

“Don’t be, you are adding more guilt on me.”

 

“Sorry.”

.

.

.

Going back to their dorm, the first thing Jeonghan went in was the dorm 1, Seungcheol’s area. Seungcheol and Joshua happened to be in the living room, now playing games. They both seemed okay but he need to check on them too.

 

“Hey, how are you guys doing? I heard you went to the hospital, Cheol. You feeling better?”

 

“Yeah. I think so. I already drank my medicine.”

 

“It’s been lasting for a while now. We are worried about you.”

 

“Will go again for a follow up, don’t worry.” A gummy smile and a naughty charismatic smile was on his face.

 

“Update me.”

 

“Sure. But I need you to focus on your therapy too, is that clear?”

 

“Yes.” Then, Jeonghan thought of a great idea. However he wasn’t sure if it would work. “Cheol.” He called with a steady voice. Both Seungcheol and Joshua were surprise.

 

“What is it? You are scaring me.”

 

Jeonghan laughed. “Why are you playing, imma! Just get to bed and rest.”

 

Their eyes were shocked. Even the boys at the kitchen peak a little with their wide open eyes. Wonwoo, who was with them for just meters away even heard Jeonghan’s voice despite on earphones.

 

“Wha-what did you just say?”

 

“I remember things Cheol. Now don’t get me going because you might feel you want to vomit. Don’t be nice to me, I think I’m getting into myself soon.”

 

Well, that’s a good- o great idea.

 

“Really?” asked them altogether with excitement.

 

“Yeah. But don’t get excited too much. I can’t remember everything yet. Just a few-“ Jeonghan blushed. “Just a few silly things.”

 

Seungcheol jumped in gladness and embraced. Jeonghan. “Oh, I miss you so much.” And the others join in too. Even the little monster who just woke up because of the smell of the food rushed and automatically cuddled in his half asleep without even knowing what it was. His body just automatically attracted to the hug and there he was, sandwiched between Mingyu and DK. Oh how Jihoon regret it.

 

“Damn! Why am I even here?” Jihoon whispered.

 

“Now get back to your position and continue whatever you are doing. I can’t breathe you chickens!” said Jeonghan.

 

With that sudden aggressiveness in Jeonghan’s voice Woozi suddenly got his blood rushing in his body. “Oh! Oh!” finding his way out or even closer to his favorite hyung just to say. “Is it true? Jeonghan hyung? Hyung?” still wondering around the tall humans before him.

 

“Good morning… I mean good afternoon, little monster.” Greeted Jeonghan lovingly to the heartbroken Jihoon and a wink. “Go eat your pancake.”

 

Jeonghan need not force the push over a pool of big babies because Jihoon, the new cute Hercules, shoved them quickly just to have his moment with his Jeonghan hyung. And as bowling pins, they breakdown up until their body reached the floor.

 

Jihoon ran and gave a precious and tight hug to Jeonghan and said “Is this real?”

 

Jeonghan embraced him back and answered “Yes, Jihoonie. Though I cannot remember everything yet.”

 

“That’s fine. As long as you remember m- us well like this.”

 

While the others thought of something. “Ya. Is it better if he stays like this? Do you think he remembers those things that… you know.” Whispered Seungcheol to Joshua.

 

“Oh that… I-“ Joshua stuttered because he was so confused and flustered. “I think… I think he shouldn’t remember those. Just don’t bring any of the things he shouldn’t remember.”

 

“Yeah. I guess you are right.” Agreed Seungcheol who was now drenched in sweat because he recalled that he’s the most aggressive between all of them in terms of attacking Jeonghan with his love arrow. So better yet behave himself not to scare the still innocent Jeonghan. But who knows if he’d remember all those things yet. If he does. “It will be dangerous if he does remember everything.”

 

“For a while Jihoonie, will put a sick man to bed right now.” Excused Jeonghan while looking to Seungcheol.

 

“Alright. Good to have you back, hyung.” Jihoon smiled adorably and Jeonghan had fallen in love with that smile- as always.

 

Looking at Cheol, Jeonghan demanded for his attention and the older automatically went towards him like a scared child. Jeonghan touched his ears and pulled it up and dragged him back to his room. “You naughty old man. Stay put. No playing. Rest first so you can rest your body and mind from all the tensions.”

 

It looked painful, the drag, but actually it’s just a light one. Seungcheol had just nailed the acting so the kids won’t worry too much. Jeonghan shut the door for a talk. “Hope I didn’t really tear your ears from your face because your acting just got me.”

 

Seungcheol chuckled. “I don’t think you are strong enough to tear it out anyway.”

 

“Rest well, Cheol.”

 

The other wasn’t saying anything. Jeonghan thought he didn’t believe him.

 

“Cheol? Do you not believe me?”

 

Seungcheol was stunned “Oh- I- I believe you. It’s just that it was surprising. It’s a good news, Jeonghan. Thank you.”

 

“Did I make you sick?”

 

“No. I don’t know what’s happening. Maybe it’s due to the exhaustion piled up for years, Jeonghan. Sorry for being weak lately.”

 

“It’s alright to be weak. We are all here, like how you all support me. So, I should be the one to thank you, Cheol. Rest well and I mean it when I say no playing. If you like, I’ll give you a book or something to rest your eyes from radiation. Maybe it’s one of the reasons why you feel pain.”

 

“I can’t live with that kind of isolation, Jeonghan.” Pouted his lips.

 

“I’ll prepare a board game later. If no one wants to play with you, call me. I’ll list punishments.”

 

Seungcheol sighed. “This is a real military quarantine.”

 

“Maybe. You are the captain, Cheol, we can’t afford to lose you here. I’ll be your… uh- your? Hmmm… what job is that when you just look and lie down and rest?”

 

“Same situation as a prisoner Jeonghan. Aigoo.”

 

“Let’s just say, right hand man.”

 

“It has always been like that, Hanie.”

 

Hanie smirked and acted as he shouted with his soft voice “Ya! I told you not to grab a gadget!

 

On the other hand, the others who were listening just went to “Is he really coming back soon?” said Mingyu.

 

“I guess so… it’s giving me a mixed feeling though.”

 

“Hmmmm… I guess mine is getting tensed.” Said DK. “But, can’t wait for him to be back.”

 

Jeonghan opened the door widely and announced “Seungcheol should rest guys. Don’t let him play gadgets. I’ll be back with books and board games. Will leave him to you. Need to check the kids up stairs.”

 

“Yes, sir!”