CHAPTER 40: Gravity

Reset: What Kind of Lover?

 

While at the park, Seungcheol grabbed Jeonghan’s hand and said “Should we go home?”

 

Jeonghan didn’t want yet, so he didn’t respond, instead, he said “I guess I broke Mingyu and Jihoon and you so much, Cheol.”

 

“I am fine now. Jihoon and Mingyu would be fine. Don’t worry. They are babies but they’ve grown now.”

 

“No matter how you say it, we are not yet as fine as before.”

 

“Hey. We’ve talked about this just a while ago. All we can do now is for us to heal slowly. By the way, what happened to Mingyu and Jihoon anyway?”

 

“Well, I think other than I hit Mingyu so hard with my own hands, I think I also wounded his heart with things I never meant to say. Jihoon, on the other hand, was shattered into pieces.”

 

“You can’t deny their feelings now, Jeonghan. You are obviously their favorite and no one else.”

 

“But-“ Jeonghan sighed.

 

“Things will get better. You told me that many times. Why can’t you believe in yourself now?”

 

“Because I don’t know how, Cheol.”

 

“We should get going. It’s getting late now.”

 

“I just hope you will all forgive me completely.”

 

“I did.” Said Seungcheol.

 

Jeonghan looked at him in the eye “No. You haven’t.”

 

“How can you say that?”

 

“I can see it through your eyes. It’s not like us now Seungcheol. Everything changed.”

 

“Why are you still on this?”

 

“I feel so much guilt.”

 

“Well, like I said we all need to heal but I am okay now. I won’t speak anymore. You’ll just oppose everything I say”

 

Joshua called all worried since it’s getting late and they were not home yet. Also, for another concern.

 

“Are you guys doing fine? Because Wonwoo here isn’t?”

 

“We’re about to go home. What happened?”

 

“What happened?”

 

“Wonwoo’s hands are trembling, imma! How come you didn’t convince him to go to the hospital?”

 

“I told him to go. Is it bad?”

 

“It just won’t stop, you know. It’s worrying me. And I think he’s-“ currently looking at Wonwoo who was chilling in the sofa watching TV like nothing is abnormal going on with his hand. “He’s lying to me.”

 

“Alright. Let me get in there.”

 

“Don’t bring Jeonghan. It will make him worry.”

 

“You should’ve texted me!”

 

“Really now. Try to look at your phone! Geez!”

 

Seungcheol didn’t realize he’s missed numerous text messages from Joshua saying ‘come back quick.’ “Joshua said I need to bring you home as early as possible.” lied Seungcheol.

 

“Is there something happened?” asked Jeonghan.

 

“Nothing. Joshua is accusing me again.”

 

“No. I heard there’s something happening?”

 

“Just a little accident in our TV. DK spilled some coffee on the wires. The channels has been glitching.”

 

“Oh no! You should pull the plug.”

 

“They did but Wonwoo, not knowingly plug it again.”

 

“Is he okay?”

 

“Yeah. Just a little ground but he’s fine.” Thank goodness Seungcheol thought as fast as he could to cover up Wonwoo’s little problem in case Jeonghan encountered him.

 

On their way home, Jeonghan called Wonwoo.

 

“Yes, Jeonghanie?” answered Wonwoo.

 

“Seungcheol said you ground yourself with the wires. Are you okay?”

 

“Ground?” Wonwoo trying to think but then he realized it maybe a little lie about his hands.

 

“With the TV when you plug in.”

 

“Oh. Nothing to worry about. I’m fine. Are you good with Seungcheol hyung?”

 

“Yeah. We’re running- I mean,” looking at Seungcheol holding his hand with a comfortable way to walk since he couldn’t run due to no energy. “We are walking home.”

 

Wonwoo smiled. “Alright. Good night. You have to sleep early.”

 

“Yeah. Thank you. Would you like me to visit you?”

 

“No need. You need to sleep.”

 

“Alright, Dr. Jeon. Good night.”

.

.

.

DORM 2_

 

Woozi was not calm as per usual. That was because he didn’t know what happened to Wonwoo’s hand. It wasn’t painful, Wonwoo confirmed, but the fact that something was wrong with him Woozi seemed unsettled.

 

“You should go to the doctor.” Woozi was still convincing Wonwoo like a broken recording tape.

 

Wonwoo couldn’t take the staring anymore and so he pushed the smaller person on his forehead using his point finger. “Stop staring at it. It won’t stop even if you chant on it.”

 

“But you said, it’d go away.”

 

“Yeah. Sometimes.”

 

“Every when do you have those?” asked DK.

 

“Sometimes.”

 

“That doesn’t answer anything, hyung!” Demanded Mingyu.

 

Joshua, on the other hand, was waiting for Eric’s call for the possible reason Wonwoo’s hand was trembling so bad. Wonwoo didn’t have that from the past, unless they didn’t notice which is impossible.

 

Eric called immediately to answer Joshua’s question. He asked if Wonwoo still holds Jeonghan’s hand while doing the therapy. On the other hand, Joshua admitted seeing Wonwoo doing such things.

 

“Tell him to stop. It’s not for him. Even if he wasn’t the one who was being shocked, there are some waves that may occur on his body through Jeonghan. It’s not even good for his whole body. Advise him to stop.”

 

“I see. I will. And you take care of yourself, Doctor. You are the 14th member of Seventeen and we are expecting you to be alright.” Joshua teased. “Any update about you?”

 

“Just a few hearings more. This is annoying but I’ll be back in no time. Thank you and take care.”

 

“We will. Thank you. And can you please call Seungkwan? He’s eating too much gummy vitamins. He won’t listen to us. I think he will listen to you. Text message would be fine. Thanks a lot.”

 

“Will call him right away.” He laughed.

 

“Don’t skip meals, Doctor. I know you are busy with your concerts there in London.”

 

“I didn’t skip any.”

 

As soon as Seungcheol went home, Joshua explained what Dr. Eric had told him.

 

“Ya. Stop holding Jeonghan’s hand whenever he’s in therapy.” They scolded.

 

“I tried to.”

 

“What?”

 

“I tried not to hold his hands because that’s what Dr. Eric said.”

 

“And why are you holding them when he said not to?”

 

“You can’t help, hyung. You will know if you see him go through the new therapy.”

 

Seungcheol sighed. “I guess I’ve been missing a lot but you better listen.”

 

“I will try.” The younger simply replied.

.

.

.

After the talk, Seungcheol went to check the boys, specifically Mingyu and Jihoon. They looked normal on the outside but there’s definitely weird in their auras.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong? You can talk to me.” Said Seungcheol with a calm tone.

 

“Nothing.” Answered both.

 

Seungcheol was worried with the team. There’s so much things that were coming. Besides HIT, they were to release a new song called FEAR. Jihoon really relates their songs based on true experiences which was good and genuine.

 

“Guys, we need to perform. Whether we are good or not in our situation, we are still to act professional on stage.” Seungcheol reminded, also to himself, because he’s not yet comfortable with their current reconciliation.

.

.

.

The night before they would performed HIT, Jeonghan saw Joshua coming in his room. It’s per as usual the checking. “Joshua, you don’t have to come to me every night. You need to rest too.”

 

“I know you can do it. You lived without us for quite a while but I just want to make sure.”

 

Jeonghan smiled. “Sorry for taking so much of your time.”

 

“That’s nothing. Jeonghan, I am also here to talk to you about things…” Joshua paused “I know you couldn’t remember that I was with you that time when the president offered us that job.” Joshua revealed.

 

“What job?”

 

“The one who’s supposed to take care of the kids including the leader.”

 

“Oh, you did?”

 

Joshua didn’t mind if Jeonghan could remember and continued. “And I didn’t accept the offer that time. But now I realized the importance of that job, I think I should be doing my job as well. But I won’t accept the money you are giving us Jeonghan. It’s for you.”

 

Jeonghan giggled. “You and Seungcheol have the same mind.”

 

“I’m not.” Joshua immediately deny.

 

“I can see how you take care of the kids, Joshua. I know you are taking care of them even if you deny it.”

 

“I’m just a zoo keeper. You are the master.” Giggled Joshua.

 

“I haven’t asked you yet. Aside from knowing about the offer since long time ago, why did you not hate me?”

 

“Because, it’s not purely your fault. I mean we took it to another level you never really never planned of.” he smiled awkwardly when he remembered how he was looking down at Jeonghan at first when he heard that he accepted about the offer. “Did you know that I don’t like you for doing that at first?”

 

“I didn’t know that.” Said Jeonghan with surprise on his face.

 

“But you are a beautiful person. I can’t help but to fall for you as well. I know everything from the start. I wanted to say that you don’t have to hide it from me anymore. I said this once though, but you don’t even remember.”

 

Jeonghan laughed. “You are my secret knight all along, Joshua?”

 

“Might be.” Joshua proudly admitted.

 

“Why are you doing this things for me?”

 

“Because my conscience cannot handle it.”

 

“Is that all?”

 

Joshua looking at Jeonghan in the eyes. “There’s much more to that now.” He smiled gently.

 

Understanding what Joshua meant to say, Jeonghan smiled.

 

“I think you don’t fully understand, Jeonghan.” The other simply looked at Jeonghan so dearly.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I know you are thinking that I have feelings for you.”

 

Jeonghan was surprised. He was embarrassed somehow. “Oh- that’s… um- I’m sorry I-“

 

Joshua smiled and said “You are wrong to think that simple of me, Jeonghan. I should be mad at you for that reason. I am here. To. Confess again.”

 

Jeonghan’s eyes started to widen.

 

“I love you even if I can’t have it back.” Joshua smiled. “But that doesn’t mean that I am giving up on you.” And a smirk on his face.

 

“I-I-“ Jeonghan began to stutter. “I don’t know what to say.”

 

“You don’t have to show affection towards me just to make me feel comfortable.” Joshua sighed heavily feeling his exhaustion upon a very long day. “I should get going. I’ll call our Tiger to be on duty with you tonight.”

 

“Thank you, Josh-“ Jeonghan halted when someone knocked on the door.

 

“Come in.” said Joshua. “You are lucky, you are the perfect one to guard Jeonghan for the day.” Joshua added guessing it was Hoshi who knocked the door. However, in their surprise, it was Woozi.

 

“Jihoon-ah?” asked Jeonghan. “It’s already late.”

 

Jihoon stuttered in shyness “I- It’s just that Seungcheol hyung told me to exchange with Joshua hyung so he could have a proper rest.” With a low and almost inaudible tone.

 

“Oh great! Don’t sleep for the first 3 hours Jihoon.” Reminded Joshua.

 

“I know.”

 

“Alright. Good night.” Said Joshua as he left.

 

Inside the room, there’s more than awkwardness than space. Jihoon was puffing over shyness alone with Jeonghan. He’s planned more than that. It shouldn’t be quiet, Jihoon thought.

 

He’s cute in Jeonghan’s eyes though. That might suffice. But the older thought he had something to say by observing his actions.

 

“Thank you for coming, Jihoon. I know this is very exhausting.” Just to start with.

 

“I was ordered to do so.” Said Jihoon. However, Jeonghan knew it was a lie.

 

“I see. Good night then. Thank you.”

 

“Uh-“ Jihoon exclaimed.

 

“Yes?” asked the older sweetly.

 

“I need to tell you something.” now, the boy was blushing.

 

“I’m listening.”

 

“Sorry for how I acted the last time we talk.”

 

“I’m sorry with the words I have said. I was not in the right mind.” explained Jeonghan.

 

“Probably you are tired. Maybe, all you’ve said there was true.” Said Jihoon sadly and quite feeling the urge to cry again. Cursing his tears at the moment for interrupting with his plans. “But.”

 

It was a quiet moment for the both of them. Jeonghan waited patiently.

 

“Just. Keep going.” Jihoon said with a little ambiguity.

 

Jeonghan still didn’t utter any word.

 

“Let’s keep going. Let’s not stop with all of this. I know everything’s a mess but- there’s nothing change between us, right?”

 

Jeonghan smiled. “Nothing Jihoon.”

 

“You still love me, right? Despite what I’ve said and acted.”

“Of course.”

 

“And I still love you… so… basically we- we just fought and as usual, we will be okay again, right?” said Jihoon anxiously. “You can tell me if you are tired. I can sort it out. Just don’t give up on me.”

 

“I will never give up on you. You are precious to me.”

 

Jihoon, reaching his hand to the older, waiting for a respond. Jeonghan didn’t think of any other reason why Jihoon reached his hands but to hold it so he held the other’s smaller hand quietly.

 

“Just hold me like this. Understood?” with seriousness written all over his face.

 

“I will. Thank you.”

 

“Go get some rest now. I’ll keep watch.” Said the younger.

 

Jeonghan giggled and said “Do we hold hands while sleeping?”

 

“Yeah.” Jihoon agreed with a frown on his face, not because he’s angry with him but he’s determined to never let go.

 

“Thank you, Jihoon. Good night.”

 

But the other didn’t respond. Guess the gesture was more than enough.

.

.

.

STUDIO_ HIT COMEBACK FILMING

 

“Are we all set?” asked Seungcheol as they were ready to go down for filming. He checked the kids thoroughly and when he saw that everything was fine, they proceed.

 

HIT had to be filmed several times with several angles from practice to the real show. That’s when it hit them hard thinking why do they wanted to continue doing such a hard, almost for Olympic stamina choreography? Damn! They were definitely exhausted with no battery left enough to move. People around them could even hear their panting. That was rough.

 

Seungcheol noticed Jeonghan struggling to catch up his breath. Don’t get him wrong, he was at the same situation as Jeonghan right now.

 

Seungcheol crawled towards Jeonghan. Jeonghan, on the other hand was too lazy to move. He waited for Seungcheol instead.

 

“Great Job!” greeted the both of them.

 

“You okay?” asked Seungcheol.

 

“Yeah. I think so. I feel a little dizzy.”

 

“Me too. But when it gets too serious, just let us know.”

 

Going out from backstage, Jeonghan felt this urge of wanting to vomit. Same as Joshua, Hoshi, even Wonwoo wanted to vomit as well.

 

“Excuse me for a while.” Said Jeonghan covering his mouth.

 

“You feel like throwing up?” asked Jihoon.

 

Seungcheol investigated although his sight was spinning. The dance HIT them hard as well. Seungcheol noticed that Wonwoo was at the corner, calming himself leaning by the wall to prevent from vomiting as well. Hoshi was looking up.  Jun had left early for using the bathroom. And Joshua was concentrating not to puke on everyone’s faces.

“Go run now, Jeonghan. It’s just at the corner of the room. I-“ Seungcheol experiencing vertigo as his body leaned a bit sidewards “I-I will follow. Can somebody look out for Jeonghan?” Blinking his eyes repeatedly as he tried so hard to get his posture right.

 

“I will.” Volunteered Wonwoo. Better to let it out. “At least he had someone to be with-“ since he couldn’t hold it anymore.

 

Both ran to the bathroom while others attended to some who weren’t feeling well.

 

“Mingyu, kindly see look after the 3 in the bathroom. I think some of us needs to go to nurse station.”

 

“Got it.” Said Mingyu.

 

Seungcheol assigned Mingyu because he knew he’s reliable despite his clumsiness and his problem between him and Jeonghan. Still he’s the strongest among them.

 

BATHROOM_

 

“You okay?” asked Wonwoo from the other cubicle. Which was a little bit weird to ask when they have their own business to finish.

 

Jeonghan giggled, finding what might be the most awkward scene they could face right now. “Yeah. Having my own business here.” Resting for a while with a little pant because he’s got nothing to let out. His stomach is empty. “My stomach is hurting now, Wonwoo yah.”

 

“Me too. We ate nothing but apple in the morning.”

 

“I know. Would you excuse me, I have t-“ Jeonghan couldn’t let finish his sentence because he had an urgent matter.

 

Wonwoo was leaning on the wall across Jeonghan. “Hang in there. I’ll be there for a little while.”  How inconvenient their situation was.

 

Jun, who was on the farther side of the cubicle went out to finish and clean up. He heard the two talking when he interrupted. “Will be there in a while. Just cleaning up my mess.”

 

“Do you have tissue in there?” asked Wonwoo as he tried to get up with his feeble legs.

 

“There’s none. Have my hanky though. Don’t worry, it’s clean. Haven’t used it.”

 

“It’s for Jeonghan hyung. Go to him right now. Will let my feet set first. Can’t feel them.”

 

“I understand.” Jun went to see Jeonghan. He found him resting on the floor, bowed down all weaken and catching his breath. Jun approached him immediately. “Hyung, you okay? Do you need oxygen?”

 

Jeonghan shook his head so Jun took out his handkerchief to help clean Jeonghan. It’s unfortunate that Jeonghan had to vomit once again. Meanwhile as Jun assisted, he noticed something awful. He saw a red tint on Jeonghan’s watery spew.

 

Jun was alerted. “Jeonghan hyung, can you stand up?” asked him with urgency which made Wonwoo worried.

 

“Something’s wrong? What’s happening, Jun?” forcing himself up even though his body was collapsing.

 

“I think that’s blood in his spew.”

 

“What?”

 

“Can you run?” Wonwoo stated knowing that they didn’t have any phones with them since they just finish the performance. Wonwoo went of the cubicle. “Is he still conscious?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Go now. Run!” Wonwoo managed to go with Jeonghan inside the cubicle. “Jeonghan-ah, can you keep awake?” keeping him conscious while Jun stepped out and accidentally bumped on Mingyu.

 

Jeonghan had no energy even though he wanted to speak but he thought keeping his eyes open would answer his question.

 

Mingyu, on the other hand, panicked because of what he saw. “Hey, how is he?” immediately went beside the two.

 

“Can you carry him?”

 

Seeing the blood on Jeonghan’s mouth dripping on his neck to his clothes, Mingyu was in complete shock. “What’s happening?”

 

“He needed to be rushed. I can’t carry him right now. My legs are weak.”

 

Mingyu picked Jeonghan up. It’s like Jeonghan was paralyzed at the moment. “Hold on.” Stated Mingyu while lifting Jeonghan carefully.

 

Wonwoo was there to assist. “Careful Mingyu.”

 

“Is it an attack?”

 

“I hope not. Dr. Eric is not here.”

 

“What?” exclaimed Mingyu, now in extreme anxiety. “Where did he go?”

 

“Back to London. Let’s just hope it is not an attack. I don’t want him to be in the hands of those inhumane doctors.” Pertaining to those who experiment on Ye Jun.

 

“!” Looking at the stains all over Jeonghan. “Then explain why is there blood?” almost shouting as he demanded for answers because it was terrifying to see. It’s the first time he’s seen this kind of symptoms and it’s giving him the impression that it was the worst.

 

“You can already see the answer Mingyu. We should face the reality.”

 

Mingyu was shocked. He was hurt on how simple Wonwoo explained it to him. “You don’t get to say that, hyung.”

 

“That’s the truth, he’s hiding from us, Mingyu. All I say is true. Now get out this room as soon as possible. You can leave me here. I will follow.”

 

Mingyu was upset. He was sad and hurt for a hundred of times because of Jeonghan. Why does love hurts so much more? It was different from what he has known, from what he has expected. Love should be happiness and beautiful like what they write in their songs. But why was it striking his heart like a lightning enough to kill him? While having these thoughts, he carried Jeonghan on his arms, making sure he was comfortable as possible. “Hang in there.”

 

“You can’t sleep right now, hyung.”

 

Jeonghan smiled even though he’s weak. Tried to speak even in a whispering tone. “I won’t. Just walk comfortably. It’s embarrassing people see me like this. Please don’t make a scene.”

 

“I can’t do that. Time is of importance.”

 

“Why can’t you believe me, Mingyu ya?”

 

Mingyu started walking calmly. While Jeonghan kept hiding his face in Mingyu’s arms “Keep me.” Said Jeonghan.

 

“It’s impossible for you not to get recognized.” Said Mingyu with half worried and confused face.

 

“Just let me not see them at least.” Jeonghan’s voice began having a nice and thick texture on it.

 

“You really okay?”

 

“Not much. I want to eat. My stomach is hurting.”

 

Mingyu knew what to do. He carried Jeonghan the way he could cling on his shoulders to hide his face. “That enough?”

 

“Yeah. Thank you.”

 

“Let me get you some o-“ when they hear Hoshi and DK running with Jun holding their kit. “Oh dear.”

 

Jeonghan sighed and had the same opinion as Mingyu. “Oh dear. Please tell me those two aren’t alone.”

 

“Jun hyung is with them.” Watching the three running, thankfully, with not too much embarrassing panicking on their emergency run.

 

“Keep them quiet.” Said Jeonghan embarrassed. Mingyu felt the tightness of his embrace as he hid his face buried securely onto the other.

 

“Hyung. He’s fine now.” Said Mingyu. “Go get Wonwoo hyung. I think he needs oxygen too.”

 

Thank goodness, Jun noted to bring 3. One for Jeonghan, the other for Wonwoo and the last was probably for him because he’s still feeling weak.

 

“Wonwoo hyung is in-“

 

“He’s near us.” Said Jeonghan as he darted his eyes to the other who was smiling at him walking in a slow paced motion behind them.

 

Jun went to him instead since the two wanted to be with Jeonghan. That’s for sure.

 

As Jeonghan’s team went to a corner, the first thing Jeonghan asked was “Do you have wet wipes?”

 

The two rustled to find the wet wipes and wondered why? “What for?”

 

“Just a little clean up.” Said Jeonghan. “Don’t look.”

 

The two obeyed nevertheless, no matter how curious they were. Mingyu was helping with covering. Also with the cleaning where Jeonghan couldn’t see.

 

“You need to see a doctor.” Suggested Mingyu.

 

“I will only see Dr. Eric with that.” Said Jeonghan with a firm and quite sure with his tone.

 

“I know. But this-“

 

“I will become better if we eat.” Said Jeonghan with a smile. “And I am telling the truth.”

 

“How can you tell that when you-“

 

“You never believe me Mingyu.” Jeonghan giggled. “In this case, there’s nothing we could do about that. Dr. Eric said it might happen again.”

 

Learning that Jeonghan had experienced that before while he had no idea, Mingyu become more upset. “Why don’t you like us to know?”

 

“It wasn’t my intention. I didn’t know either at first. Dr. Eric explained it to me.”

 

“I see.”

 

“I think I can walk now. Just need little assistance.” Said Jeonghan with a relief on his face that the attack wasn’t happening this time around. Guess the therapy was working. It’s worth the pain.

 

The two other boys assisted him up while Mingyu stayed behind him.

 

Meanwhile, Jeonghan asked “Can we eat noodles?”

 

“Sure.” Said the two.

 

“I’d like jjajangmyeon.” Recommended Soon Young.

 

“That’s a good idea. Seungkwan knows a good place near here.” Answered DK.

 

All six of them had returned to the room where they were assigned. It was only Seungcheol they’ve seen in the room waiting for them. “Everything okay?”

 

“Yup.” Answered Jeonghan. “Just a little messy.” Said Jeonghan.

 

“Let’s go now. I am hungry.” Said Seungcheol standing with his back hurting a bit. “The others are already in the car.”

 

“You all change quickly now so we can go. I will wait for you outside.” Hiding his difficulty in breathing. He even gave up the oxygen for his little puppies to use.

 

Seungcheol went to the van, as he sat on the front seat. His head was leaning towards the window with eyes shut.

 

“Hyung. You good?” asked Vernon who was concerned.

 

“Yeah.” The older responded lazily.

 

“You know, you can rest.” Said the younger. “Just tell us what to do. We know Jeonghan hyung should be the priority but that is no excuse for you.”

 

Seungcheol smirked and said “Thank you buddy. Just tell me when they arrive so we can go and eat.”

 

“Sure.”

 

When they’re about to go, in the vocal team van, Joshua asked another small oxygen. He went out briefly to give it to Seungcheol. “Hey, it’s okay to look weak. Just recover as fast as you can. I’ll be right here if you need me.”

 

The whole hip-hop unit was moved on how sweet Joshua was but the idea of him being the general leader was terrifying still, so they cheered Seungcheol up for his fast recovery.

 

“Thanks.”

 

“It’s just us who’s going to see you like that. Don’t worry.”

 

Seungcheol smiled when suddenly Joshua teased as he commented. “I know I am attractive, Seungcheol. But that’s no excuse for you to fall in love with me. My heart is taken.”

 

“Damn it, Shua! I am almost moved by your dedication. You ruined it.”

 

“Don’t fall for me. You are not my type.” Joshua seriously told Seungcheol which was in fact hilarious. Boys were laughing at the back.

 

“He’s being rejected right away.” they murmured.

 

Joshua was laughing. “You treat me ice cream after this, Cheol.”

 

“Why me?”

 

“Because I treat you good right now.” The other suggested.

 

“That’s a good point.” The others agree.

 

“Geez!” Seungcheol exclaimed.