CHAPTER 41: Fallen Angels

Reset: What Kind of Lover?

 

 

Mingyu and Jeonghan had not reconciled yet. Mingyu thought he hadn’t have the chance to do so. One morning after HIT’s promotion. Seungcheol took the idea of having a cardio boost with jogging/ running that morning. It was because HIT was too much and they could’ve performed well if they were healthy in the first place. Also, to give them another perspective while running with the view and fresh air.

 

“Hey, have you two talked?” Wonwoo asked Mingyu while running.

 

“We haven’t.” Answering Wonwoo knowing who he was referring to.

 

“Then go talk.” persuaded the other.

 

“I am ashamed, hyung. I can’t even speak with him looking at me.”

 

“I’ll give you this last chance, Mingyu. I am never going to give you another. Your call.” Wonwoo speeding up after pushing Mingyu lightly to the back. “Start with assistance. You know he has weak stamina.” he advised.

 

Meanwhile, everyone rushed forward knowing that it’s time for Mingyu and Jeonghan to talk. They left the two behind. Mingyu slowed down while Jeonghan was obviously panting. He couldn’t continue anymore. He already requested for help but the members intentionally play deaf in order to give Mingyu time with him.

 

“Can you continue? Do you want rest?” started Mingyu.

 

“Water.” Jeonghan requested as he stopped immediately knowing that someone was with him.

 

Mingyu gave the water bottle which he carried and stopped as well. “You should rest. I’ll text them that we will rest here.”

 

“Yeah. Please. They- I mean…” said panting. “I can’t move my legs anymore. Why are they so active?”

 

“Well, they left us alone.”

 

Jeonghan smiled. “Yes. I kinda feel it that way. How are you?” asked Jeonghan gently as he sat by the bench in front of Han River, luckily. It was such a nice view to reconcile.

 

“I am good. You?”

 

“I am too.”

 

“Sorry. I’m so sorry.” Mingyu was so ashamed to face Jeonghan that time. His heart was beating ever so fast.

 

Instead of answering immediately, Jeonghan leaned on Mingyu’s shoulder to rest. “Mind if I use your shoulders?”

 

Mingyu nodded. “It’s all yours.”

 

“Mingyu… If my forgiveness is what you are waiting for, I assure you I have forgiven whatever it is. My question is… will you forgive me?”

 

“I have done you terrible, hyung. I don’t have the right to be asked for forgiveness.”

 

“You are too hard on yourself Mingyu.” creating friction on both of his hands for heat. “It’s kind of getting cold. Don’t you think?” referring to the weather that morning.

 

“Let me hold yours.” Getting Jeonghan’s hands to keep them warm as usual.

 

“Say, Mingyu… Since I think we are slowly getting better… Can I get the Mingyu from before?”

 

“Nope. Not anymore.” Said Mingyu shyly.

 

“I see.” Said Jeonghan in dismay.

 

“I will get you a better one. I’m sorry for being rude and immature.”

 

Jeonghan smiled in relief “I missed you.”

 

“I miss you too.”

 

“Thank you, Mingyu… Ummm- would you mind carrying me on your back again?” asked Jeonghan adorably.

 

Mingyu chuckled. “Yeah. I get it… Thank you, hyung.”

 

.

.

.

CHOREOGRAPHY FOR FEAR_ FOR NEW RELEASE ODE TO YOU FULL ALBUM

 

Jihoon came out with a new single entitled “Fear”. Actually, he had already finish the whole album but for now, they needed to choreograph Fear for their showcase.

 

“Please do not make it harder.” Pleaded the other boys to their bright choreographers.

 

“The vibe of the song is just different.” Hoshi muttered.

 

“I agree. It needs the power but in a perspective of pain.” said Dino.

 

“We will work this out.” added the choreographer trying to revise some parts of the original choreography they presented for better interpretation. It was a hard decision to make but experimenting on the flow would be beneficial too.

 

It’s been the whole day since they’ve been working on the choreography but Jihoon doesn’t seem happy.

 

“Something wrong, hyung?” asked Seungkwan worriedly.

 

“I don’t know. I can’t tell since I’m not good with it. It is beautiful as it is but there’s something missing.”

 

The director and main choreographer agreed.

 

“We are all not getting the vibe.” added the pale genius composer.

 

“How do you want it to be?” asked Seungcheol bravely.

 

“It’s fear and anger together. You all know how it felt.” Jihoon pointed out referring to their previous cold war but not to offend. It’s just for reference.

 

“What you probably talk about was hurtful, hyung.” Frowned Vernon getting what Jihoon wanted to tell.

 

“I am sorry. I am not to offend anyone here. It’s just for reference.” Jihoon defended.

 

“Let’s not return to that.” Minghao interrupted feeling guilt.

 

“Maybe what Jihoon is trying to tell is, he wants us to interpret the pain of love. You know what I mean. Because right in here…” Jun reading the lyrics. “This is all about us.”

 

“That’s why this sounds familiar.” Agreed Seungkwan. “Especially the- Please Tell Me What Should I Do?”

 

“Should I be the poison?” asked Jeonghan wondering.

 

“Oh! No! I mean. You should give me the artist judgment here, hyung. I’ve written that based on the feeling. I didn’t want to offend you.”

 

“Jihoon.” Called Joshua strictly.

 

“No. that’s not what I meant! This applies to many.” Jiihoon defended.

 

“Like us?” Seungcheol with tone firm.
 

“Hyung. Listen to me first.” Jihoon said in panic.

 

“Let him explain.” Jeonghan said gently, with no offense taken, to give way for Jihoon to explain.

 

Jihoon was about to explain when Vernon interrupt scanning at the other lyrics of their other songs in the album. “We have a story here.” he noticed.

 

The other members looked it up as well. It sure had a painful impact on each of them, especially to Mingyu. The words written in ‘Lie Again’ was so on the point, Mingyu thought it was the exact message he sent Jeonghan in which he regretted so much. Now that he was forgiven, Jihoon might have put more fuel into a small flame dying out to blaze again. It was like pouring salt in a still flesh wound. DK, on the other hand, took notice of it as well. He looked at the tall puppy cautiously.

 

“Hey… did you tell Jihoon hyung about your message?” DK asked.

 

Mingyu became confused. He thought DK might have told it to Jihoon at some point. “You didn’t tell him?” He suspected.

 

“Why would I? I am angry at you… It’s not like I want a complete war. I don’t want Jihoon hyung feel more left out or annoyed, or worst, angry.” DK whispered.

 

“You think he could read minds?” asked Mingyu.

 

“It’s not like Jeonghan hyung would tell Jihoon… I think, he could read minds.” DK admitted innocently. Then, they both agreed just to finish their absurd conversation.

 

“It’s kind of offensive to me.” Criticized Dino. Everyone looked at him. “No. it’s because I felt guilty on this as well. I mean- anyway, let’s do this. We should do this better than anyone.”

 

“Oh pain. I can’t go back to that.” Minghao murmured painfully.

 

Jeonghan was looking at Wonwoo. He’s never returning an opinion.

 

“But I agree with Dino. We can pull this off.” Jun stated.

 

“But the pain. Argh!” Soon Young, as usual, over reacting upon it.

 

“Then, let’s do it while it’s still there.” said Jeonghan referring to the pain. “We can do this! Fighting!”

 

“Don’t get offended hyung. It’s not what it looks like.”

 

“It exactly how it looks like.” Dino teased.

 

“You!” Jihoon staring sharply at Dino.

 

Seeing Jihoon’s glare. “Alright. That’s it. Hyung. This is beautiful. I mean what do you think? I agree with you. It applies to anybody else.” Laughing awkwardly.

 

“In this room.” Jun added.

 

“LIE AGAIN is the worst.” Uttered Mingyu with the song turning him weak.

 

“I know Mingyu. I know.” Answered DK.

 

Meanwhile, Wonwoo cut the conversation “Let’s do it. It’s not only about a certain person. I think let’s listen to Jihoonie.”

 

“Thank you, fox.” Sighed Jihoon in relief as he revive himself.

 

“You got my back.”

 

“For that- you will be the one to start.” Said Jihoon.

 

“Why me?” asked Wonwoo.

 

“The pressure’s on you now.” Said Seungcheol because he was a candidate if not for Joshua.

 

“I regret interfering now.” Sighed Wonwoo.

 

“I think it suits you Wonwoo.” Encouraged Jeonghan. “Your charms are way more than this, Wonwoo. C’mon.”

 

“Aigoo.” More pressure was on him now that Jeonghan thought that he’d cheer up with his encouragement.

 

“Go hyung!” shouted the younger members.

 

.

.

.

They went home that night. It’s earlier than usual because Jihoon interchanged some vocals and distributed it to different members than the first arrangement. Now, they have to learn another line. Wonwoo, that time was in the living room reading and practicing his lines. He thought, he’d sleep there and lay the spare bed he’s using before so if ever he’d fall asleep, he would be comfortable.

 

One moment, Jeonghan knocked on the door bringing his pillow and blanket with in his set of silk purple pajamas.

 

Wonwoo was surprised seeing Jeonghan by the door with his stuffs. “It’s already night.”

 

“Yeah. I can’t sleep. Can I sleep with you in the living room?”

 

 “I know you come here for something.”

 

“Aigoo, Wonwoo. Can’t I just miss you?”

 

“Nope. There has to be something. You in pain?”

 

“Nope.” Feeling sad knowing how he made Wonwoo feel.

 

“Tell me honestly now.” Said Wonwoo.

 

“Why are you in a hurry?”

 

“Because it’s uncomfortable.”

 

“Sorry. Can I come in first before I explain?”

 

Good thing the bed was set. “Great! You can actually sense that I will come down to sleep here.” He sat on the bed with Wonwoo. “Wonwoo yah?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“You okay to get disturbed by me?”

 

“That’s your privilege.” Smiled Wonwoo.

 

“I know I’ve hurt you too. A lot. It’s just that, I am wondering what else could have I done for you Wonwoo to ease your unwanted feelings.”

 

“What’s with that?”

 

“Don’t you hate me?” asked Jeonghan.

 

“Ask me that one more time and I will kill you.”

 

“So you are?”

 

“No. Why would I?”

 

“Then tell me how you feel?”

 

“For you?” asked Wonwoo with a serious face.

 

On the other hand, Jeonghan was surprised with that answer- question to be corrected. “Uh- I mean yeah. Maybe. What do you want me to do for you? You’ve been there the whole time with me, but I never ask you what you want.”

 

“What I want?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“You won’t flinch or anything?”

 

“Nope. I promise.” Jeonghan kind of felt it wasn’t a great offer to begin with since it might cause confusion but he could see Wonwoo suffering quietly. He would like to mend it slowly the best he could.  

 

Given the freedom, Wonwoo got closer. Jeonghan was frozen. One moment, Wonwoo simply buried his face on Jeonghan’s chest.

 

Jeonghan embraced him tightly and warmly.

 

“I know I’m not the type of guy to say these things but- my heart has been shouting this all this time. I love you greatly, Jeonghan… so much, I will follow you even it can cause me pain.” Wonwoo declared mightily.

 

Jeonghan was surprised as he uttered no words upon Wonwoo’s confession. He believed that he was blessed for having these boys love him so dearly, they were willing to sacrifice so much for him.

 

“It’s okay to look for somebody else, as long as you notice me too. It’s okay to kiss somebody, just not in front of me. It’s okay to love somebody else, as long as you say you love me too.”

 

Jeonghan was mesmerized on how Wonwoo expressed his feelings for him. Indeed, he is overly blessed. Poor Wonwoo, the only channel to his pain was words and tears. Jeonghan embraced the younger tightly.

 

“Don’t cry because of me, Wonwoo. I am not deserving of your love.” Hearing the younger cry in silence, Jeonghan murmured. “Aigoo.” feeling his tears about to fall. “I’ve made my precious angel fall to the darkest.” he murmured while whispering to the other “I’m sorry I’ve caused you this. I love you.” a kiss on the cheeks he offered.