CHAPTER 30: Cat’s Eye

Reset: What Kind of Lover?

RESET

 

CHAPTER 30: Cat’s Eye

 

Both have good sleep that night at Dorm 2, Jeonghan’s territory. It’s just that, eating too much ice cream before sleeping wasn’t a good idea.

 

“Aigoo.” Jeonghan grunted as he stood up, to go to get some hot water.

 

“Where are you going?” with a hoarse voice due to the ice cream issue.

 

“Aigoo. We can’t be sick today, Wonwoo.” Reached the younger’s hand and brought him up “Let’s grab some tea. You want to eat?”

 

“You will cook for me?” asked the younger.

 

Jeonghan giggled and said “I was about to ask you to cook.”

 

Wonwoo scoffed. He was disbelief. “What? Ramyeon?”

 

“Yeah. We have that in the cabinet.”

 

“You have egg?”

 

“Let’s check it out.”

 

“I want coffee, Jeonghan. Make me one.” Requested the lazy Wonwoo walking behind the older.

 

Jeonghan made coffee for everyone so they could just get at the table if they already woke up. Wonwoo, on the other hand, wore an apron to cook ramyeon.

 

“What’s up?” Dino asking as he yawned. “Why is Wonwoo hyung here?”

 

“We have a date.” Answered Jeonghan.

 

“Oh! You have the power still, hyung? You’ve been dating three people straight in a row.”

 

“Why? What’s the problem?”

 

“Aren’t you running out of funds?”

 

“I am fine. I have budget, remember?”

 

Dino went cracking his neck and said “I didn’t feel it. I think I’ve gone over your budget because we’ve brought too many.”

 

“If I don’t stop you then it’s still in the budget.”

 

“Alright. I should’ve asked for more.” Murmuring with his wide open and honest eyes.

 

“Cham! This kid.” Murmured Jeonghan. “You want coffee?”

 

“Yeah. Thanks. I’m waiting for the ramyeon, Wonwoo hyung is cooking.”

 

“They are not for you, Dino.” Answered Wownoo immediately.

 

With a complete shock, Dino turned his pleading head to Wonwoo but Jun was the one who begged when he woke up due to the aroma of the coffee sliding in to their room.

 

“Cook for us too, please.” Scratching his stomach with a light touch.

 

“I’m done with ours. Would you like me to open some for you?” teased Wonwoo referring to the uncooked instant noodles.

 

“Hyung, don’t be so cruel to your little brothers.” Said Seungkwan waking up next.

 

Wonwoo grinned as he served two cups for only Jeonghan and him. “We can eat now, so we can go.”

 

“This is unfair.” Seungkwan pouted as he followed Jun. They were about to get their food in the cabinet, but then they saw a big pot with ramyeon on it. Full of freshly cooked Ramyeon, enough for everybody else. The ones in the small pot was bacon. The rice was ready too.

 

“Oh, you cute little wolfie.” Jun rejoiced as he planted a kiss on Wonwoo’s cheeks without hesitation. The other, on the contrary, got annoyed as he wiped the wet part on his cheeks.

 

“You do that to me next time, I will kill you.”

 

“If you can.” Teased Jun and giggled. “Thanks for these. Do you have egg?”

 

Wonwoo pointed into the table with a big plate for numerous sunny side up eggs.

 

“He cooked all of that.” Jeonghan was so proud of Wonwoo. “Let’s eat all together. Call the others.”

 

Dino brought coffee inside their room and it instantly woke them up and crawl to the kitchen. Wonwoo went back to their dorm after their breakfast that he, for the first time, cooked by himself. He dressed up casually after taking a good bath. Mingyu noticed him roaming around.

 

“You going somewhere?”

 

“Yeah. Where’s the vitamins?”

 

“I put it inside the refrigerator so it’d be yummier.” Mixing pancake batter on a large bowl. “Are you going out now?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“But you haven’t eaten breakfast yet.”

 

“I had one.” Sighed as he imagined how tiring it could be. He looked at the taller male and thought that he and DK deserved a good pat on the head for thanking their efforts to cook. So, without saying anything, he went to the taller male, pat him at the back and placed his cheeks on Mingyu’s shoulder instead of giving him a hug.

 

Mingyu was confused on how Wonwoo acted. “Something must have happened today.”

 

“Yeah. It’s so tiring to cook for people.” He said. “Thanks for the Great Effort Mingyu. Hug DK for me.” He said mysteriously.

 

No need because DK had just went out of the bathroom, ready to help Mingyu with their chores.

 

“Hyung. I think, it’d be good to thank him personally as well.”

 

DK was confused more than Mingyu felt. Wonwoo did the same to DK. Pat his head gently and put his cheeks on his shoulders. “This is weird.” Murmured DK with a smile.

 

“You did a great job, DK. Well done.” And left without clearing things out.

 

When he left, DK was still in disbelief face and said “What was that?” in front of the laughing Gyu.

 

“I don’t know. Whatever.” Mingyu back at mixing his batter.

 

Wonwoo waited for Jeonghan to come out of their dorm like a typical suitor does. Jeonghan, on the other hand, prepared so much so his date won’t get disappointed. Seungkwan helped curl his hair, good thing, it went well. Dino was assigned to put hair spray on it.

 

Jeonghan came out with a nice get up. It made Wonwoo flutter even though they’ve been together the whole night.

 

“I’m impressed.”

 

Meanwhile, the other also noticed that his date’s hair was curly as well. “Who did that? It looks really nice on you.”

 

“Guess, I did the right choice. I borrowed Mingyu’s curler.”

 

“He had that?”

 

“Yeah. Thank god, I don’t have to deal with the flat one. Should we get going?”

 

“Yup. I’ll drive.”

.

.

.

In the hospital, Wonwoo was there to wait for Jeonghan until his therapy ends.

 

On the contrary, in a private room with Jeonghan, Dr. Eric began scanning Jeonghan’s diary. It stated a lot of things, including having an . Very private to reveal but they had no choice. Upon scanning the notes Jeonghan had made, Eric discovered that after the , there was no record of having an attack, not even the mild ones.

 

Normally, once in a while, Jeonghan could feel tingling on his fingers. It wasn’t that bad but, it’s still an attack and it may harm him too. Some cases would be blindness and deafness but it never occurred once based on the diary.

 

“Keep observing.” Hoping that the therapy he devised for him works at least.

 

“You mean?” having thoughts that Eric recommended something inappropriate maybe. He just want to clear out things.

 

Since Jeonghan was a bit confused, Eric might have been said the wrong sentence. “Sorry. I meant, you should keep jotting down notes.”

 

“Ah- okay. That’s a relief.”

 

Eric giggled. “We’ll get some blood samples today, and a few therapy as always.”

 

“Yup. It won’t take long right? Coz I am going somewhere with Wonwoo.”

 

“Yeah. It should be almost the same time we spend your therapy. Except that we need to extend a little time for your blood.”

 

Jeonghan proceeded with his therapy and as always, he’d end up like a paralyzed person. No one could tell how much pain his therapy caused. He was lying on the bed and it would be worth a little wait to get him better.

 

Wonwoo entered the room with Jeonghan’s favorite yogurt drink just to cheer him up. He waited and actually had a nap that caused a red mark on his forehead while waiting for Jeonghan to get ready. Jeonghan, on the other hand, noticed the red mark and giggled. “Sorry to keep you waiting. Let’s go?”

 

Wonwoo smiled.

 

First stop was a cool cat café with no ordinary cats residing in it but Caracal cats. So elegant and huge. Jeonghan wasn’t expecting that they could grow like triple the size of the normal cat, almost a tiger but younger and slimmer. They’re very luxurious and was good in the eyes but their size scared the hell out of him.  

 

Meanwhile, Wonwoo became fascinated. Even so, he didn’t forget Jeonghan risking his life just to get him there. “They’re Caracals, hyung.” Reaching his hand at the back “Hold my hand. We’ll be fine.” Said Wonwoo with a very reliable stance. Although, it was a wrong timing when a Caracal stood to touch a keen from human race, Wonwoo stumbled a bit because they’re too heavy. What a shame. They should’ve let Wonwoo win this game first thing in their date.

 

“Are you okay?” asked Jeonghan peaking half way through the door.

 

“Yeah. They’re heavy.” adjusting his glasses smartly through his fingers. “But we’re good. I think they’re domesticated. They just want to play.”

 

“They should be domesticated, Wonwoo. I don’t know why I wanted to go here. They look so cute on the pictures.” Looking troubled because he’s really scared, but after looking at Wonwoo’s fascinated face, Jeonghan smiled. “But if this makes you happy, then, I think I can be brave.” Clinging onto the back of Wonwoo.

 

“How can I see your face if you are going to stay at my back, Jeonghan.”

 

“Yeah. I will probably have my courage later when we’re seated.”

 

Jeonghan was definitely and ever be that cute. Wonwoo chuckled and enjoy the frightened Jeonghan at his back.

 

“We can stay for a shorter time if you want.” While the cats were getting the hang of Wonwoo’s cat presence as they kept on gathering around them for a nice pat.

 

When Jeonghan saw Wonwoo comfortable, as well as the cats to them, he thought that they might stay a little longer. “No. We can stay. Just order me more drinks so I can be distracted.”

 

“They’re kind. Try to touch them.”

 

“Oh dear.” Jeonghan whispered from Wonwoo’s back letting a smile on his face.

 

“You can do it. Let’s find a seat first.”

 

Finding a seat near a nice spot, Wonwoo finally met his date face-to-face. “There you go. A nice and beautiful sight.”

 

While the older remain vigilant in case a cat jump on them and eat them.

 

“You okay?” asked Wonwoo worriedly.

 

“Will be.” concentrating on the cat who was staring at them. “He won’t eat me right?”

 

“They won’t. They just find you beautiful.” Still displaying the fondness on Jeonghan’s reaction.

 

“Right. You are handsome. Why can’t they direct themselves into you?”

 

Wonwoo chuckled. “Because you are mesmerizing than I am. I am just a handsome cat in their eyes.”

 

It surprised Jeonghan and scoffed. “Friends are alike, ei?”

 

“Who?”

 

“Soon Young? Who says he’s a tiger but he’s actually a cub.” Jeonghan finally scoffed and giggled.

 

They drank coffee while feeding and playing with the cats. Although, Jeonghan wouldn’t dare touch them just because they’re looking too wild despite their sweetness. The force of their sweet cuddling was kind of strong for Jeonghan. Wonwoo, however loved the interaction. All Jeonghan did was took a picture of his date because he couldn’t move a single muscle.

 

“If you keep showing fear, they will tease you.” Advised Wonwoo.

 

“Ah- really?” alerted “I don’t know how to move though.

 

“I think we better leave as soon as possible before you die in fear here.” The other chuckled.

 

“No. Enjoy yourself.”

 

“This is supposed to be a date. How can I tolerate seeing you like that? I’d bring Jun and Dino here next time. Coups hyung is really interesting to be in here too. Thanks for showing this to me. I love this place.”

 

Jeonghan smiled “Glad to hear that. Just tell me when you’re ready.”

 

“10 mins is okay.”

 

Very well said. Wonwoo, at exactly five minutes,held Jeonghan’s hand and grabbed their things. “Let’s go to the next destination.” With a smirk he carried his handsomeness with coolness.

 

“That’s so fast. You sure you want to go now?”

 

“No. I’m good. I’ll visit next time.”

 

“You really sure?”

 

“Quite. Yes.” And winked. “Let’s go.”

 

Lunch time! They went to a restaurant with an old library with it. It was huge. Most of the books there were from the first printing presses since wars started. There were newspapers and other things that took part within the history. Looked like they jumped from the present to past after entering the mystery door. Not creepy at all. Just that the smell was definitely old.

 

Looking around, Jeonghan has always stayed beside Wonwoo. “This is great! How did you find this, Jeonghanie?”

 

“In the internet, of course. I’m proud of myself now that I make you bedazzled with all my fancy discoveries.”

 

“You deserve a prize right there, Hanie~”

 

“Uh-yeah. I agree.” Nodded proudly of himself.

 

“Can I hug you?”

 

“Right now?”

 

Wonwoo nodded.

 

“Then, gimme that hug.” Jeonghan opened his arms for the younger. Wonwoo got nearer looked at Jeonghan first, so lovingly, Jeonghan couldn’t help but to feel his heart beat goes faster. “I’m waiting.”

 

Wonwoo give his y grin and eventually embraced the older man with tenderness and love. If he could stop the time he would do so.

 

Jeonghan sniffed once again. “You smell like a Caracal now, my dear.”

 

“Might have a back-up plan for that.” Getting something on his pocket and sprayed it to the both of them. Now, it smelled like a fresh and wide field of lavender.

 

“That smells so relaxing.”

 

“That’s why I always have it with me.”

 

“Should we order? I’m starving.”

 

“But we just had our drinks back there.”

 

“I was so tensed, I used it all up.”

 

Wonwoo giggled.

While waiting for their food, Wonwoo and Jeonghan got to roam around the area. Looked for something interesting to borrow because it’s literally a restaurant inside a library. Jeonghan got an interesting pair of puzzle game while Wonwoo, but of course, got a book to read. He got something like a documentary.

 

When their food was served, the tableware looked antique too, hoping that it wasn’t from the wars too. There’s no way they could, yeah? Anyway, better eat now. The food was incredibly sophisticated and fresh. Jeonghan liked it so much as well as Wonwoo.

 

“I think it’s organic. This must be so expensive, Jeonghanie.”

 

“Not at all.” As he’d always say.

 

“Let’s split the bill.” Suggested Wonwoo. “Even I would like to buy you this lunch.”

 

“Nope.” Jeonghan answered.

 

“Then, where should I treat you?”

 

“Just treat me nice.”

 

“I will always be nice to you.”

 

“I know. So, that turns out that I am the one who should pay for this.”

 

“Witty angel. Thank you for these. Can we stay?”

 

“Sure. I’d like that too.”

 

They played a very intense puzzle. It was hard to solve. If there’s no prize for them to solve it, they would’ve taken it home. It turns out that the game they picked was like a competition, for goodness sake. They’ve drained their minds on it. Thank goodness, they finished it just in time.

 

The waiter brought them a nice prize. It was looking new in antique qualities. It was a pencil case just like the ones they found out in some movies. Again, to solve things. They could only open it after thinking quite a good move. Even their prize has its own difficulty level.

 

“Congratulations! You made it. You are the first winner since the last 5 years.”

 

“How many people have solved this puzzle?”

 

“The owner who was a war veteran. His son. And the both of you. Only three wins.”

 

“Oh! That’s amazing!”

 

“Are you somehow related to the owner?”

 

“Yes. I am their grandchild.” Smiled the manager.

 

“I see. That’s pretty nice.”

 

“Thank you for solving the third case.”

 

“Oh! Are there different cases?”

 

“Yes. And once solved. It’d be displayed at the hall.” Explained the manager. “Can we also get your signatures? My daughter is a great fan of yours. No wonder you looked familiar.”

 

“I see. Thank you for recognizing us.” Giggled Jeonghan. “So.” Looking at the puzzle container. “We need to solve this too, right? Is there another prize inside?”

 

The manager smiled. “Yes. Of course. Come back when you solve it.”

 

“There’ll be a prize for that too?” asked Wonwoo this time.

 

“Yes. Our it’s a special cake passed on our traditions for years.”

 

“That’s awesome!” said Jeonghan thrilled looking at the other who was also thrilled and said “Wonwoo ya- game on.”

 

Wonwoo nodded.

 

How many cases are there?”

 

“Around 236 for that book.”

 

“We will grow old here, Wonwoo ya.”

 

“I know. I can do that though.”

 

“Where is the game from, if we may ask?”

 

“I’m not pretty sure. I just heard that these are only translated into our language and history but the original, I think, was inside a museum. It’s written in English.”

 

“Oh. That’s thrilling.” Exclaimed Jeonghan. “How many more games are here? And what’s the most considered the most difficult one?”

 

“Oh. The one you played is no doubt our hardest mystery game. My grandfather solved 3 of them. My dad was 5 and for you, 1 and counting.”

 

“Wow! Yeah. Will do.”

 

“Please do recommend us too if you liked our food and mysteries.”

 

“Will sure do. I love this place!” Said Wonwoo with his twinkling eyes.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“We’ll claim our prize immediately, Manager.”

 

“I will expect that.”

 

Another series had ended. If they could stay there for quite a while, they would but Jeonghan has prepared a lot more for Wonwoo.

 

Next was arcade. Jeonghan wasn’t that good playing but he wasn’t as bad as their Soon Young play. They’ve spent quite time playing in the arcade and have won prices to themselves.

 

It wasn’t that late, so Wonwoo might want to ask him a dinner somewhere.

“Did you prepare for dinner?”

 

“Just a simple restaurant near us. Do you want to go somewhere else?

 

“Yeah. Can we?”

 

“Sure.”

 

“Hold my hand.” Asked Wonwoo.

 

“I’ve been holding your hand from the moment we went outside Wonwoo. Why are you so adorable?”

 

“I want to be cool though.”

 

“You are.” Jeonghan was pretty convinced.

 

“I know.”

 

Wonwoo drove to an amusement park where they first dated. Jeonghan might have seen the same scene from the past.

 

“This is where we first dated.” Explained Wonwoo briefly.

 

“Yeah. Now that you mentioned it. Should we enjoy the last full blast of rides?”

 

“We are not riding.” Said Wonwoo.

 

“We’re not?” displayed a disappointed face.

 

“We’re here for dinner.”

 

“I know. But one ride would be good.”

 

“We’re here for our photo taken.”

 

“That’s it? Where should we eat dinner?”

 

“I discovered something good nearby while you are in London.”

 

“You are still going here?”

 

“Yeah. When I am missing you.”

 

“That’s sweet of you.”

 

Wonwoo gave him a good and handsome smile as always. They’ve reached the photo booth but somehow, it changed. Wonwoo was disappointed. Jeonghan noticed. “What’s the matter?”

 

“The booth has changed.”

 

He didn’t know that Wonwoo could be sentimental too. “Does it matter?”

 

Wonwoo nodded without a doubt.

 

“We can still have our photos taken.”

 

“I left something there.”

 

“Oh!”

 

“I planned to show you when you returned.”

 

“Aw, Wonwoo. Don’t pierce my heart with your charms. We’re going to find that one.”

 

“I hope. But. First, let’s have our photo taken.”

 

The two went in. Have their photos taken and have it printed to stick it on their phone cases like they always do.

 

“This is where you kissed me first, yeah.” Jeonghan teased.

 

“Yeah. Accidentally. Must admit that I didn’t regret it.”

 

Getting the hang of it since he remembered quite a lot now. “You. How many times have you kissed me? I remember you are such a fierce person for doing that.” Interrogating Wonwoo with a tease.

 

“Actually I can count. Still counting if you’d allow me.” Wonwoo teased, but he was kidding. Though he actually would want to.

 

Jeonghan stuck a gummy on the other’s mouth “There. Tsk! Such a tease.”

 

“Where did you get these?” munching a delicious gummy bear.

 

“You like it? I got it from the café while you are busy with your large felines to play with. I actually bought a kilo of different kinds.”

 

“A kilo?” surprised by Wonwoo.

 

“Yeah. For everyone.”

 

“How come I didn’t notice?”

 

“Because you are busy. I am bringing them the whole time until we reached the car. I bought sachets for emergencies like these. They are good aren’t they?”

 

“Yeah.” Picking another while waiting for their pictures to be printed. They’ve taken many and they forgot that its slow printing, but the quality had upgraded. They finished the gummy candies until one was left inside the sachet. Jeonghan immediately stole it while Wonwoo almost had it. Damn! That was close.

 

“You want it? You get it?” Jeonghan was ready to swallow it with a little tease as he stuck half of the gummy candy to see if Wonwoo would get it or he’d let him be. There’s no sign of stealing though. Wonwoo was just staring.

 

“Do you want it?” asked Jeonghan so he could split it into two.

 

“Hmn. No.” went closer and stole the one half stuck out of Jeonghan’s lips with his lips. “I can get it on my own.” And grinned.

 

Jeonghan was surprised. He was scared for a second. He never knew Wonwoo would actually get it that way. It looked romantic but the younger’s canine teeth was scary. To the point that he somehow thought he’d bite his whole lips. But, Wonwoo made sure he’d bit the gummy and kiss the other’s lips.

 

“Hope you don’t mind that.”

 

“Ya! I was scared. I thought you’d bite me.”

 

“But I didn’t.”

 

“I thought you’d get it with your hands.”

 

“It’s dirty. I’ve held too many things. I haven’t washed yet.” He said as an excuse. “Hope you don’t mind.”

 

“Aigoo Mr. Jeon.” Sighed Jeonghan.

 

“Is it okay to kiss you like that?”

 

“I don’t know. It seems fine. Maybe I got used to it.”

 

“But do you like it?”

 

“I’m not sure?”

 

“You know Jeonghanie, if you don’t chose, you are just going to hurt yourself.” Looking at the sky “But if you chose, there might be people who’d get hurt.” Getting troubled with the possible dilemma.

 

“You are looking serious now, Wonwoo. Is there something you want me to confirm?”

 

“Why are you being so generous? You’re basically giving yourself to others... to someone like me.”

 

“Hmn. Well. I- I don’t know if that was the right thing to do. But, I am so confused and I don’t know what to do.”

 

“Yeah. You can tell us what to do and not to do. You should prioritize yourself, Jeonghanie.”

 

“I’m afraid.”

 

“I know, but you can’t sacrifice yourself for others. You can be more hurt than the people you are worried about.”

 

“I just- I…”

 

“It’s because you are so beautiful inside out, no one can prevent themselves falling in love with you.”

 

“Are you confessing?”

 

“I’m just saying. It’s up to you now.” Wonwoo smiled. “I am starving and when do these pictures get printed.” Adjusting to another topic before it gets more serious.

 

“I guess, they’re all finish.” Getting the ones that’s been on the machine and counted it. “Yup. We can eat now.” Jeonghan reached his hand to Wonwoo. “Take my hand.” And smiled.

 

Wonwoo smiled and held it tight to pause. “Look, Jeonghan, I don’t know how our future would turn out. I am scared but I want you to remember that I’ll be here. For you. Just hold my hand like this when you need me. Even if I don’t understand things or even if it hurts. I- I just want you to know that- I love you so much.” With a painful smile Wonwoo showed, Jeonghan was taken aback.

 

Jeonghan looked at the other in surprise. “You don’t need to beg like this, Wonwoo. You don’t deserve to be treated like what I am doing. No one does.” Reached Wonwoo by a hug and said “I will always be here for you too.”

 

“I am aware that you need time.”

 

“Nope. What I need is my most important people. I need all of you.”

 

Wonwoo forced a smile for Jeonghan.

 

“I really messed up, Wonwoo. As much as I don’t want all of you to get hurt-“ Jeonghan sighed.

 

“You know, there’s always a solution to everything. All you need to do is to be honest and be yourself.”

 

“Yeah? You think so?”

 

Wonwoo nodded sincerely. “No matter how painful it is, as long as you are honest and sincere, things will get fixed.”

 

Jeonghan smiled. “Thank you for that. Means a lot to me.”

 

“I’ll let you hold my hand. Borrow my shoulders. Lend my ear. Will do all of that for you.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“Do you trust me?”

 

“Of course, I do.”

 

Grinning his face. “Let’s go to the restaurant.”

 

“Wait. I’m not feeling good after that smile.”

 

“Wait ‘til you see.”

 

Running into the small restaurant. It’s mixed Chinese and Korean and they all have exotic things to try on. Goodness! The smell! Half of it was old fermented one which was unpleasant to be honest, and the other side was meaty in taste.

 

“You want to try Hongeo?”

 

“What’s that?”

 

“A fermented fish. They said it doesn’t have the nicest smell but it’s delicious.”

 

“I don’t know. Can we have beer with it?”

 

“Most certainly.”

 

“Is it okay if I order? And it’s gonna be an outdoor dinner. A picnic.” asked Wonwoo.

 

“Sure! And tasty food please.”

 

Oh dear, when the food came, it really poisoned their noses. The smell! It stinks but they’ve got beer to rescue. Just try. There’s nothing wrong with that.

 

“Cheers!” they toasted together in their picnic set-up under the tree with their car blocking the main road so no one would notice them watching the starts together. Ended up kissing after a few drinks, hyped with the heat inside the car, holding their breaths for perfect and blissful kisses where they could work a spring in every single touch they kiss.

.

.

.

When they got sobered, it was already 3 in the morning making everyone worried.

 

 

Note: Finally the last date. You've waited so long guys. Thank you for holding on. Have a nice day!

My favorites are obvious but... Have you noticed who my favorites are? ahaha! They're quite a lot. I hope I did make it obvious so we could trim down the candidates. Thank you again.