CHAPTER 38: Lucky

Reset: What Kind of Lover?

RESET

 

CHAPTER 38: Lucky

 

Wonwoo was acting weird lately. Everyone noticed. Joshua tried to make him confess but he couldn’t just let Wonwoo surrender.

 

“You should go get Jeonghan hyung from the hospital. He’s waiting. Let me just take care of something here. This madness can’t take any longer.” As if he’s trying to tell things to Joshua. It was night, but why did Wonwoo directed him to the hospital instead of his apartment?

 

Anyway, Joshua thought Jeonghan needed to have someone fetch him. He didn’t mind. Besides, he needs update anyway.

 

HOSPITAL_

 

“Joshua? What are you doing here?” asked Eric in surprise.

 

“Wonwoo asked me to fetch Jeonghan.”

 

Dr. Eric smiled and murmured “He’s been here, huh?” And sighed.

 

Dr. Eric gave Jeonghan’s room number and said. “He’s not going home. He’s going to stay here. And please don’t tell him I told you.”

 

“What’s going on?” asked Joshua.

 

“He’s still fighting. Don’t worry.”

 

Joshua had a bad feeling with what Eric had said. It made him ran to the room and saw Jeonghan sleeping with a dextrose. He was surprised. Joshua feared that Jeonghan had another attack. He went in cautiously and sat beside him. Just then, he was hearing the raw music of Jihoon. The music sounds like Jihoon confessing indirectly to Jeonghan as he uttered “What a jerk.” He smiled sincerely. “Good for him he could express his feelings with his music.” And giggled. “I hate him for this. Should I tag along?” planning to deliver the song with his voice as he stared closely to Jeonghan.

 

“How have you been doing, sleeping beauty? Whenever I want to be with you, you are always asleep.” Joshua sighed after he teased with a smile. He held Jeonghan’s hand, fortunately, not cold. Just then he could feel the other responding.

 

“Why are you here when I told you not to?” Jeonghan responded as he became fully awake.

 

Joshua was surprised that he might be the reason why Jeonghan was disturbed on his sleep. “I’m sorry, did I wake you up?”

 

“Not at all.”

 

“You! How can you keep this from us?” scolded Joshua immediately.

 

“I did. I just didn’t give you the whole details.”

 

Meanwhile, a person came visiting. “Hi, you two.” Said the revived Ye Jun from a long coma.

 

“How are you?” asked the both of them.

 

“Fine. Will go back to the farm tomorrow. They must be missing me.” He giggled.

 

“Did Dr. Eric permit you to do so?”

 

“Yeah. But with restraining orders.” Ye Jun laughed.

 

“Better follow him or he’ll make you in prison.” Advised Jeonghan.

 

“I can see that right now. How are you?”

 

“I should be sleeping right now, but this guy came to wake me up.” Looking at Joshua with a smile.

 

“Sorry. Didn’t mean to. Then, sleep. Will be right here.” Assured Joshua.

 

“Just a few more question.”

 

“Yes, Jeonghan.” Stated Joshua even though there’s no question yet.

 

“Haven’t even ask about it yet.”

 

“Oh. Thought, you’d ask if I love you. I answered Yes. Is that not it?” he teased.

 

Jeonghan giggled. “You silly.”

 

Ye Jun who was listening believed that maybe it was not meant for him and Jeonghan to be together. Their bond was special but maybe not for lovers. There’s definitely someone for him.

.

.

.

DORM 1_

 

Wonwoo came inside Mingyu’s room unannounced. Suddenly, he grabbed Mingyu up.

 

“What are you doing?” asked Mingyu in irritation.

 

Wonwoo stared sharply at him and said “I don’t care what hurtful words you have said to Jeonghan but this problem should be fixed. I’m giving it to you as your last chance.”

 

“Mind your own business.”

 

“My business is Jeonghan. Not you. If you can’t resolve your problem as soon as possible, I will land this fist on your face like what DK did, you hear me?”

 

“What’s wrong with you?”

 

“What’s wrong? Are you hearing yourself now? This is my team. My family! Anyone who ruins it can go freely. You get me?” Wonwoo shrugged in anger.

 

Mingyu shoved Wonwoo’s grip “I need more time.”

 

“Well, for your information, there’s not much of Jeonghan’s time here.” revealed it with anger.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Are you stupid or something? You are hurt. We all are! But this childish act of yours won’t earn you empathy. Get your off that bed and talk to Jeonghan. I’m not asking for you to apologize. He knew he was wrong and that’s why he’s doing the things that I hate.”

 

“What happened?”

 

Wonwoo scoffed. “You are indeed stupid.” He insulted as he walked out.

.

.

.

Ye Jun visited Seungcheol the next day in their dorm. He asked if they could talk. Seungcheol wasn’t a selfish guy. He just need space to breathe and Ye Jun knew how bad Seungcheol was doing right now.

 

They talked in a café with a more relaxed mood. Guess Seungcheol had the time to think a little.

 

“You okay?” asked Ye Jun.

 

“Yeah. And good to see you back. By the way, I’m sorry I acted like that with our previous meeting. Thank you for the food. We ate them well.”

 

“I understand. Glad you liked it.” Ye Jun smiled.

 

“You should have rested.” looking at the fresh changed bandage on his head. “You aren’t healed yet. You should’ve text me instead so I can come to you.”

 

“No need. I’m was discharged. I’m on my way home actually.”

 

“To the farm?” asked Seungcheol in surprise.

 

Ye Jun chuckled. “Yes. Dr. Eric permitted me to do so. Besides, I’ve slept long enough. I have to attend to my cows.”

 

“But you sure you’re okay? You can stay with us for the meantime.”

 

“Thank you for the offer. Maybe next time. I’m just here to tell you that I am sorry. It was also my fault Jeonghan did that.”

 

“No. I totally understand. Of course he loved you. He’d do that for you. Besides, if it happened to me, maybe I’d accept the offer too.”

 

“Seungcheol, I know you have your own battle to fight but I am here to ask if maybe you could give Jeonghan another chance. Not because he’s sick. He doesn’t want pity that’s why he’s trying his best to reach out to you. I know this is so desperate of me. And I am also aware that you need time but please believe me his love for all of you is true.”  Explain Ye Jun sincerely.

 

“Don’t worry… I will do my best. Besides, we’ve been together for a long time. I’m sure there’s a way to mend this.”

 

“I might have not much time left, Cheol. If in case-” Ye Jun’s words were cut.

 

“Don’t dare say that.”

 

“This is my reality now. Our reality. You know how tricky our illness is. I can feel I cannot look after him for a longer time.”

 

“No! You can’t say that. He-“ a little hesitant “He loves you more than anybody else. He’ll suffer more if you are gone.”

 

Ye Jun was surprised and laughed. He thought Seungcheol must have been mistaken. Maybe if he had the courage to confess to Jeonghan when they were younger, who knows they might be together now, but he replied. “No Seungcheol. It’s not me. I am just a friend.”

 

“But I-“

 

There, Ye Jun found out that he overheard it. “You heard our conversation do you?”

 

“I didn’t mean it. I apologize.”

 

“Well, I should be proud to say that I might be his first love, but I am not going to be his last, unfortunately. Although he is going to be my first and last, I guess.”

 

“Don’t say that! You can survive this.” Still not convinced on what Ye Jun was trying to say.

 

“All I can do now is to give him my heart when I die. Well, in both literal and sentimental.” Ye Jun chuckled like it’s a joke.

 

“Ye Jun. It’s not funny.”

 

“I’m glad to help him in any way.”

 

“How do you think he’d feel?” asked Seungcheol scared of how Ye Jun takes death lightly.

 

“You and the other members will be with him. It’s not about me anymore. I wish you all happiness.”

 

“How can you accept all this things this easy?”

 

“I can do nothing about it now. At least there’s a chance for Jeonghan to survive if I’d give him my heart. Isn’t it romantic?” Ye Jun laughed. “Dr. Eric talked to me through this already. It might be the answer.”

 

“I don’t understand.” Said Seungcheol wondering what he’s trying to say.

 

“Jeonghan has a weaker heart each day, Seungcheol. He might be in more danger than I am. We might have the same sickness but the organs they attack is different. Jeonghan’s problem is his heart. Mine is my brain. Dr. Eric said… Jeonghan can most likely have a chance to live longer through a heart transplant than mine with a brain transplant. If the operation will be a success, they might have more time to discover the cure to our illness.” Ye Jun explained carefully.

 

“I cannot accept this.”

 

“You should, Cheol. If it’s not me, it’s Jeonghan who’s going to die.”

 

Seungcheol became speechless. Frightened.

 

“I’m sorry I’ve brought you another pressure and stress on you but I can’t wait any longer. I have so much respect and trust in all of you and I believe you will all get through this. Stay strong, Cheol. Sorry for passing you my part of responsibility. Also, could you tell your adorable squad that even if it’s just been a short time that I’ve known all of you, I would like to say thank you for making me feel part of your family. It’s easy to love you all just like Jeonghan said.”

 

“Are you kidding me? If I said that to them, they’d cry the whole time and it’s going to be noisy 24/7.” Seungcheol sighed with the sad joke. “What do you want me to do?”

 

“Make the most of your time. Enjoy life. Time is so short. Soon, you’d turn old and it’s not good to feel regret over the things you wished you should have done.”

 

Before going, Ye Jun added “You’ve got lots of rivals in your team, Seungcheol. I hope you are not running last to tell him how you feel.”

 

Seungcheol frowned as he deciphered what Ye Jun meant.

 

“Why does Jeonghan attract many… way too many people? Tsk! Tsk!”

 

Seungcheol finally get it and smiled “We have the same sentiments.”

 

“I should get going. I will bring something when I go back. Gosh! I miss Chan.” Ye Jun uttered longingly.

 

“You and Jeonghan are quite alike.”

 

“That’s why we cannot be together.” Ye Jun giggled as he fixed his bag preparing to leave. “Ah- would you mind taking over a farm? Thirteen of you would be great!”

 

“What?”

 

“I am sure you all could manage my farm. It’d be wonderful if you do. Let me know so I can write it on my will, alright?”

 

“Hyung! Please don’t scare me like that.”

 

“Take care Seungcheol. Better be open with your disease, so you can heal easily. See you next week.”

 

“See you.” Seungcheol smiled.

.

.

.

 

Meanwhile, Eric was called earlier than expected. It was because the report of two doctors accusing Eric for his misconduct. He had one offense before, the first time he revived Jeonghan. Now, he had the same accusations and there were two supervisors who went against him. He had ran out of cards this time. Even though, his reasons were right, the committee was still biased in their decision, especially with money involved.

 

Dr. Eric was suspended with his license. In addition to that, his request for Jeonghan’s voucher was declined until he chose to cooperate with them. From there on, Eric decided to help Jeonghan and Ye Jun by himself.

 

He was summoned back to the HQ but he didn’t tell anyone. Before leaving, he entrusted Jeonghan to Joshua and Wonwoo. He even asked to convince Jeonghan not to sign the contract yet without his approval. Then, he added a few more reminder to keep including the issue about the pain killers and his schedule for therapy and monitoring.

 

Joshua knew it wasn’t a simple call back from London. He knew that Dr. Eric was in danger of stripping out his license because of the two evil doctors that condemn him of accusations he didn’t do.

 

“Dr. Eric, will you be fine?”

 

Eric smiled. “I’m a grown up man now, Josh. I’ll be fine. Don’t tell others. I’ll be back.”

 

“We can testify.” Wonwoo added, having a hunch of their conversation.

 

“Or punch ‘em in the face if you like.” Joshua added.

 

“That’s sweet of you two, but no punching in the face… I will be back. But first, I already asked a doctor to take my place. Don’t worry, he’s a friend.”

 

“See you soon! Stay safe.” said Wonwoo.

 

“Thank you. You too.”

 

“Better yet come on one of our tours.” invited Joshua.

 

“Am I the only person who stan K-pop group at my age?”

 

“Nope.” Joshua giggled. “We’ll make you proud.”

 

Eric left with smile on his face.

.

.

.

DORM 1_ MORNING

 

The moment he woke up, Mingyu decided that the misunderstanding should stop right now. Wonwoo was right, it shouldn’t take for long.

 

He decided to make peace with DK, although, he’s a little hesitant at first. The most effective way to approach a member is through food. So, Mingyu grabbed DK’s favorite morning drink and called “Hey. Can we talk?”

 

DK looked at him and grabbed the drinks. “I probably need to talk to you as well. I’m sorry I punched you.”

 

Mingyu smirked and said “I deserved that and… Honestly, I didn’t know you can hit that hard.”

 

DK smirked. “I should have hit harder if you are a person I don’t care about.”

 

“Right! I apologize I’m such a jerk.”

 

“I know.” Answered DK. “Go call him.”

 

Mingyu showed his dying phone and smiled “I think I can manage to make one last call.”

 

DK was surprised how Mingyu’s phone could still turn on after a critical damage. “Woah! It’s still alive?”

 

“Barely. Need to buy new one.”

 

“Of course, you almost crash it into pieces.”

 

“Yeah. Luckily, I saved things on my laptop ahead of time… About Jeonghan hyung.” Started Mingyu. “I know what I did was bad. Really bad and I cannot forgive myself for that.”

 

“You shouldn’t be forgiven for that. That’s what I am thinking that time. I am so angry at you, I might kill you.” Said DK in full seriousness.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Don’t apologize to me. Apologize to hyung.” Sitting straight to face the other. “I was about to talk to him that night. I followed him to his humble apartment and you know what I saw after he looked at your message on his phone?”

 

Feeling terrible to what he’s done, Mingyu sighed heavily.

 

“He’s in a terrible condition, Mingyu. He’s losing his life and I cannot let someone hurt him like that.” Gripping his fist. “It makes me angry every time I remember.”

 

“Help me talk to him.” Asked the taller.

 

“You should do it correctly this time, Mingyu. For Jeonghan hyung and for the team.” advised the other. “Mingyu… I am serious when I said he’s dying.”

 

“For Seventeen!” toasted Wonwoo from the back as he intentionally spilled water on both to tease and because he’s proud of them. Only the two grunted in annoyance with the sprinkle of water.

 

“Go now. Don’t worry about the little kitsune here.” Wonwoo sighed after Mingyu jumped off the sofa and murmured. “Why am I helping my competitors?”

.

.

.

NEXT DAY_

 

Seungcheol called for meeting in Dorm 1 by afternoon since Jihoon had already completed their next song entitled ‘Fear’ after hundreds of revisions. Hoshi was there. He was called early in order to analyze the song for choreography. The music was different from the other songs Jihoon had produced. Hoshi took a liking and was seen interested and invested with the melody already.

 

In dorm 2, people were having a meeting regarding their decision of convincing Jeonghan to live with them again. Mingyu and DK were just right in time when they asked if Mingyu could fetch Jeonghan instead, insisting that he needed to talk.

 

“I don’t know what you’ve done but I hope you fix it. Bring him home to us again.” Minghao stated throwing a big bag for Jeonghan’s things.

 

Mingyu nodded. “Thank you.”

“We’ve done terrible things to him. We should bring back the smile we took on his lovely face.” added Minghao.

 

“Should we clean?” said Dino eagerly.

 

“Right. Let’s decorate a little.” Suggested Seungkwan.

 

“That’d be nice.” While Jun collects his crafts materials. “Let’s make a good photo frame.”

 

“Great! I think I may ask our editors for a quality picture of us together.” Said Vernon.

 

“Print the biggest one you can. Don’t forget to give us the measurements.” Said Jun.

 

“Who’s in charge of food?” asked Dino.

 

“I will be.” said chef DK. “Who will go with me to the market for grocery?”

 

“I will.” Said Dino.

 

“How about the cleaning, baby boy?” Said Seungkwan.

 

“We’ll get back as soon as possible.” Answered DK. “Because we need to clean too.”

.

.

.

JEONGHAN’S APARTMENT GROUND FLOOR_

 

Mingyu saw Joshua by the entrance. Looked like he was waiting for someone. When they met eyes, Mingyu apologized and ask this moment to go talk to Jeonghan. Joshua smiled. “I’ve been waiting for you.” and a little punch on the chest.

 

“Me?”

 

“I am making sure you won’t chicken out. Go! Bring him home!”

 

Mingyu smiled even though he’s feeling the anxiety on his chest. “Yes, hyung!”

 

“He’s at the rooftop. Now be gentle. Don’t startle him, he couldn’t see at the moment. I checked on him earlier.”

 

ROOFTOP_

 

Mingyu was nervous, obviously. He couldn’t help but to hear his heartbeat up to his ears. He shouldn’t fail because the whole team was expecting a lot from him.

 

Mingyu didn’t want to startle Jeonghan, but knowing how clumsy and now nervous he could be, he would definitely give Jeonghan a fright. The first time he’s knocked totally give Jeonghan a fright on how loud it sounded.  Mingyu sighed. He was hopeless.

 

“Who is that?”

 

Mingyu came in silently- as silent as he could.

 

“Wonwoo?” the first name he mention was the frequent. “Shua?” yet no one was answering. Looked like he still couldn’t see.

 

“No.” uttered Mingyu who was stuck by the door unless Jeonghan permitted him to come in.

 

“Mingyu?” Jeonghan became alerted.

 

“Can we talk?”

 

“Come in.” invited Jeonghan with a weak voice. Mingyu went close to see the other up front. On the other hand, Jeonghan was waiting for the younger to speak first since he asked for a talk. For a few moments, silence had been the only thing they both could hear.

 

 Mingyu was standing right in front of Jeonghan, checking on him. There were definitely machines around. A new one. Moreover, a dextrose was pinned on his beautiful skin while wires has been assembled on his bed. There’s even medicine lined up for his everyday intake.

 

Mingyu breathed heavily on what he witnessed. It was worst.

 

“Mingyu?” asked Jeonghan once again because the other seemed not responding. Otherwise, he’s gone deaf again.

 

Mingyu couldn’t prevent his tears to fall along with his knees. He couldn’t even dare touch that fragile person in front of him. “Did I-“chasing his breathes. “Did I do this to you?” while eyes travels across every part of Jeonghan’s body where he could be reminded that Jeonghan could never be the same again. He’s broken in and out.

 

Jeonghan was surprised of how Mingyu responded. Surprisingly, his voice was full of pain. He could feel it even though he couldn’t see.  

 

“I’m sorry.” Said Mingyu still sobbing as he held Jeonghan’s hand gently. “I’m sorry I blamed you for everything.”

 

Jeonghan bit his lips as he couldn’t utter a word remembering the words Mingyu had said.

 

“I am a terrible person, Jeonghan-ah.” uttered Mingyu repeatedly. “I was so selfish and greedy.” Looking at the frail person to his face as his hands caressed them softly. He looked exhausted and weak. “I know you might not forgive me for what I did. I’m sorry.”

 

“I am at fault, Mingyu.”

 

“No. You are the kindest person I’ve ever met, Jeonghan-ah.” smiling, still with tears, as he remembered a good memory with him. “You don’t deserve a bad person like me in your life.”

 

With Mingyu’s speech and tremble, Jeonghan knew that this man in front of him was suffering more than he does.

 

“Don’t feel sorry for me.” Said Jeonghan in a stern tone as if rejection in Mingyu’s ears.

 

“I’m sorry.” Mingyu whispered.

 

Jeonghan was irritated upon those words. “If you have nothing better to say than this Mingyu, just please, leave me alone. I am waiting for someone.” He stood up as he finds distance from Mingyu even with his eyes blind.

 

However, Mingyu took Jeonghan on his embrace with no any other words but a solemn and sincere caress. He couldn’t say any words because he knew his apologies won’t help anymore. He believed that the pain was already engraved upon Jeonghan’s heart and left an ugly scar on his beautiful heart.

 

Jeonghan cried with Mingyu’s No-word apology. He was hurt by that man but he could feel Mingyu’s sincerity.   

 

“Please don’t cry for me anymore. How dare I to hurt you when you gave all to us.”

 

“Why did you come here?”

 

“To get you back.” Mingyu answered bravely.

 

“I don’t belong there anymore, now that I-“

 

“I don’t deserve your love.” Mingyu said hurriedly. “If you don’t want to see me near, I will keep a distance. I promise you that. Just please come with me. Let me get you home.”

 

“Why are you doing this? Aren’t you the one who told me you don’t want me?” Jeonghan’s sentiments started as he recalled the message Mingyu sent recklessly.

 

Migyu felt sting on Jeonghan’s words. “No… I-I love you, Jeonghan. I truly love you from the bottom of my heart.” heart’s been filled with pain as tears were pouring endlessly.

 

“I don’t understand.” Choosing to resist from the other’s embrace as he finally regained his sight. He faced Mingyu.

 

“What I did was dreadful. I-I did it because of anger, Jeonghan. Please.” Mingyu was panicking explaining himself. “It wasn’t true.”

 

“Please leave all and for once.”

 

“You have the right to be angry at me. I will not use any excuse this time. I will do what you want me to do. I swear. Just please-“ he started crying so hard “please, come with me. Come home.”

 

Jeonghan froze will all the pain he’s going through. He’s feeling the total weight of depression and anxiety. He’s just unable to describe his pain through words but of tears.

 

“Don’t forgive me. I’m fine with it just please let us take care of you.”

 

“I’m not weak, Mingyu.”

 

“I am… and I am ashamed of that.”

 

Jeonghan was seeing the man clearly now. The man who was weaker than he was at his state. Who was crying so hard, reflecting on what he did.

 

“We need you so bad, Jeonghan.” Mingyu said weakly as he stepped away as a gesture that he’s true to his promise. “If you allow me to just get you home right now. I will never go near you anymore. Will not speak if you don’t want to. Will no longer look into your eyes, if you say so. I won’t touch you or even meet you unless we need to.” Stepping little bit farther away.

 

“How immature!” Jeonghan murmured but inside, he’s hurt that Mingyu thought to himself he didn’t deserve love.

 

Mingyu looked down as if a servant serving his master.

 

Jeonghan, with that little gesture, felt the guilt but it was too painful right now. He couldn’t even prolong the conversation. If he could run at the moment, he would escape.

 

“I’m not ready to go home.”

 

“I don’t like to say this but I won’t go unless I am with you.”

 

“There are people who can never accept me anymore. I can’t burden them any longer with a sight of me.”

 

“That’s not true.” Said Mingyu.

 

“You should go.” Besides, Jeonghan knew that if he returned, things would never be the same again.

 

“I will not give up on you. Never again.”

 

Jeonghan scoffed with sarcasm. “Then, let’s punish ourselves with this stupid game.”

 

Mingyu stayed outside until Jeonghan say so. He’s serious with his promise. Mingyu was waiting right in front of the door, sitting on the table outside even if it burns his skin out. He would stay. He would wait. He ordered food and bring them to Jeonghan and leave as soon as possible.

 

“You look like an idiot. You don’t need to do this.” Jeonghan reprimanded.

 

Mingyu didn’t answer and just leave. He even a nosebleed due to the heat. While Jeonghan remained inside his small apartment.

 

Jeonghan ate. He need it. Besides, he thought Joshua wouldn’t come anymore since Mingyu was now here. On the other hand, Mingyu couldn’t eat. He lost his appetite. He couldn’t eat since Jeonghan left. Moreover, the amount of alcohol he consumed upsets his stomach all the more.

.

.

.

People knew it wouldn’t be easy. Either way, they have but only one goal. That was to bring Jeonghan back home so they could all start to heal.

 

Meanwhile, Seungcheol and Jihoon went up since they’d hold the meeting there. However, he was surprised with the amount of preparation the kids in dorm 2 had done. Extravagant decorations seemed a little off.

 

“It was just a meeting.” Seungcheol murmured in confusion.

 

“Yup.” Joshua smiled at him and fix Cheol’s messy hair. “I’m giving you back the throne. I’m exhausted. But if you need me. I’ll probably function for a week and that’s the limit. Depends on my mood.”

 

“Where is Mingyu and Jeonghan?” asked the moody Jihoon who couldn’t get over the things he just learned. The truth that he couldn’t accept yet about Jeonghan.

 

“They’re fixing something.” uttered Wonwoo.

 

Jihoon was reminded about the message he read. He doubted it would easily get fixed. Even though Jeonghan could forgive easily, the pain couldn’t simply be forgotten. “We are never going to be the same again.” Uttered Jihoon in disappointment.

 

“I know.” Said Joshua with a smirk “Because this is when the competition starts.” He declared boldly.

 

Seungcheol frowned. “What do you mean?”

 

“Jeonghan needs someone beside him. I should’ve snatched it the moment you turned sour but you are lucky I wanted a fair fight. Man to man. I mean man vs… uh- men?”  Said Joshua with a tease, also confused because he didn’t know how many of them wanted to have that spot on Jeonghan’s heart.

 

Wonwoo smirked and said “So am I.”

 

JEONGHAN’S APARTMENT_

 

Mingyu hasn’t said anything yet. Meanwhile, Jeonghan was reflecting on how he acted earlier. He was guilty as suppose that he should be asking for forgiveness but Mingyu was so stubborn. If he could hit him for once, he would.

 

“Stupid.” He murmured on his bed beginning to think how he missed the boys. His apartment is basically lifeless. That moment, he questioned himself if he was deserving to go back home.

 

Meanwhile, Mingyu’s barely living phone rang. He answered a call from Joshua. “How are you?”

 

“Not good. He won’t still go with me.”

 

“Aigoo. By the way, you’ve got a job. Operate the machine for his treatment. It’s new. I left the instructions by the table. And Mingyu… do your best! Don’t come here unless he’s with you. Remember that!” Joshua strictly reminded.

 

At the back, people find Joshua really harsh. Mingyu is a fragile man. He’s tall but he’s like a glass. Jeonghan would probably be more stable than him.

 

“Yes. I will. Even if it gets me days to do that.”

 

Joshua was satisfied with Mingyu’s answer. “Good. Have you eaten?”

 

“Got no appetite.”

 

“You’ve been refusing meals for days, Mingyu!” Joshua shouted. “You get your food now and eat!” scolded Joshua.

 

“My stomach is upset.”

 

“Yes dear boy and that’s because you’d rather drink alcohol than consume food! You see a doctor immediately! Bye now.” Joshua hung the phone.

 

“Hyung… you are sounding too harsh.” called Jun cautiously at the back. DK and Dino were actually scared.

.

.

.

Mingyu knocked by the door to do his assignment. “Excuse me but I was instructed to help you with your treatment. I’ll be gone as soon you finish.”

 

Still not meeting eyes, Jeonghan got annoyed on how Mingyu really played that childish oath.

 

“Nope.” Dismantling the dextrose on him, he surprised Mingyu by standing up. “I will go to the meeting. I cannot keep them wait.”

 

“You can’t miss it, Jeonghan-ah.” argued Mingyu worriedly trying to stop Jeonghan’s actions.

 

“From now on, call me with hyung. I’m still older than you!” said Jeonghan recklessly in annoyance.

 

Mingyu was surprised but he still obeyed. “Yes, hyung.” He answered politely.

 

That time, Jeonghan was out of patience. He threw the IV on the younger. “Bull! Are you doing this to really piss me off?”

 

“No. I- I just want to help.”

 

Jeonghan’s jaw was gritting in frustration. “Speak Mingyu! Speak! Speak!” Jeonghan shouted as he threw punches at the younger’s chest.  Mingyu did nothing but to accept the weak punches being thrown at him. “Do you plan to be stubborn like this?... I’m not doing it!”

 

Hearing how stubborn Jeonghan sounded that time, Mingyu turned himself stoic. He carried Jeonghan to bed without his consent. Not even a word.

 

“What are you doing? Get me down!” Jeonghan ordered.

 

Mingyu pinned Jeonghan down. Of course, as gentle as he possibly could since he had no choice but to force Jeonghan for his sake. On the other hand, Jeonghan slapped Mingyu on the face impulsively. Even Jeonghan was surprised with his action. He felt the pain on his own palm. How much more on Mingyu’s face. Yet Mingyu had no reaction.

 

“Let’s get you the therapy, I’m begging you. I’ll wait by the door if you want me to.”

 

Jeonghan gritted his teeth. He lost that time so he murmured. “Let’s go home.”

 

“Thank you. Please take the therapy first while I grab all your things.”

 

“I’m sorry, Mingyu.” Jeonghan suddenly uttered.

 

Mingyu was surprised and answered “You have nothing to apologize, hyung. I’m just fine.”

 

Jeonghan suddenly felt guilty as he turned quiet to receive the therapy without any struggle.

 

“Do you need anything?” asked Mingyu before the therapy started.

 

“No.”

 

“Then, let me proceed now.” As he went to get the switch.

 

“Wait.”

 

Mingyu stopped as he waited for what Jeonghan has to say.

 

“You.” Said Jeonghan.

 

“Sorry?”

 

“I need you to stay beside me. The shock is too painful for me to handle. I need someone to hold me.” Jeonghan uttered as he bit his lips.

 

Mingyu rendered a smile. “Thank you.”

 

“That’s not even a task to thank for. It’ll be quite painful for you as well.” Again with a pissed tone.

 

“I can bear anything for you.” Mingyu smiled.

 

Once the machine was on, it surprised Mingyu how terrible it might feel on his hand. What more when you could feel it all over your body? It broke Mingyu’s heart wishing that he could take all the pain instead of Jeonghan. If it was the only way he could help, Mingyu would happy to hold his hand forever.

 

Jeonghan rested for quite a while Mingyu packed up.

 

“I lied, Mingyu.” confessed Jeonghan weakly “I don’t want to go home. I don’t want them to see me like this.”

 

Mingyu went to Jeonghan to lend his ears.

 

“Mingyu… I’m sorry, I hurt you.”

 

“I should say that.”

 

Jeonghan smiled “I miss home.” Looking at the ceiling. “Say, can you carry me? I want to go home.”

 

“Of course. Just tell me when. I’ll be ready.”

 

“I want to go home now.” Jeonghan stated.

 

“Hop on my back.” Kneeling so Jeonghan could reach. “Let’s go home.” with a gentle smile on his face.

 

Jeonghan placed his weak body on Mingyu’s back, so comfortable and stable. “I might throw up later.” He warned.

 

“I’d be ready. Then… we’re leaving now.” Said Mingyu as he walked from the door of  the apartment.

 

“Mingyu?” asked Jeonghan now that his anger had subside.

 

“Mn?”

 

“You don’t mean what you said earlier, right?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“That you’d stay away from me?” Asked Jeonghan.

 

“I am.” Mingyu simply answered with a serious but sad tone since he considered himself not worthy of Jeonghan’s love.

 

Jeonghan’s heart sunk. “I didn’t mean to say that. I- I was just not myself.”

 

“It’s better that way, hyung. The lesser I’d be with you, the lesser I can hurt you.”

 

Jeonghan thought he ruined Mingyu. It was not what he wanted. Mingyu was never serious like this before. He should have be more patient because now he realized that he’s been so Lucky all along.