CHAPTER 09: Before Anybody Else

Reset: What Kind of Lover?

RESET

 

CHAPTER 09: Before Anybody Else

 

The next day, Jeonghan was seen on his phone texting. He’s busy lying and texting all day which was kind of new to the members witnessing him right now.

 

“Jeonghan hyung, who is that you are chatting with?” Asked the curious hamji staring at him the moment he’s saw the older concentrating on the phone instead of closing his eyes.

 

“A friend.” Answered Jeonghan.

 

“I see.”

 

Now, the younger was feeling bad because he remembered others but them. Unfortunately, they’ve heard everything and it made them sad. However, it wasn’t Jeonghan’s intention to upset them. Rather, he was asking a ‘friend’ to where he could bring the 12 boys in to different kinds of enjoyable location based on their personalities. On the other hand, Vernon was helping Joshua with his electric therapy.

 

Jeonghan wasn’t able to adapt at the situation yet from the way he continued talking to his friend about the plans and other things.

 

CONVERSATION>>>

 

“Hey! It’s been a while.” Jeonghan greeted.

 

On the other hand, this long-time friend of Jeonghan was surprised of the sudden chat because he thought his memories weren’t back yet as per what he heard from his family. Nevertheless, he was happy that he finally remembered him because if not, he’d get really upset.

 

“Yaaaaaaaaaaa!” The first thing his friend replied.

 

“How are you?”

 

“Fine. I’m in the farm. Did you remember?” the other replied.

 

“Oh! You had a farm now? I just remembered that you’ve planned of it, but I have no idea that you achieved it already.”

 

Well, unfortunately, not all of his memories had returned yet, so somehow, his friend needed to adjust.

 

“Well, yeah. I have a few cows in here.”

 

“Send me fresh milk here! Do you know how to make yogurt as well? Make me a strawberry and banana too.” Asked comfortably, indicating that they were really close to each other.

 

“Ya! How could you ask me too much when you haven’t even ask me how have I’ve been?” replied the other.

 

“I’ve already asked you.”

 

“That’s it?! I’m so upset, Jeonghan-ah.”

 

“I’m happy that you are doing fine. Should I make it longer???”

 

(Sent a frowning and annoyed sticker.) “YA! I’ve been worried about you! Tsk! This brat!”

 

“Well, I’m fine. You don’t have to worry. Do you miss me?”

 

“Of course!”

 

Jeonghan replied “Hahahaha! I miss you too. Why don’t you visit me?”

 

“I’m in the farm. It’s far from Seoul, imma!”

 

“Really???” (Sent a surprised emoji.)

 

“How do you think I would put up a farm there in Seoul? Think properly! This kid! Tsk!”

 

“Hahahaha! I miss you. If you have time, come visit.”


(Sent an approval gestured sticker.) “I will. Where should we meet?”

 

“I’ll update you where. They won’t allow me to go out though.”

 

“How about in your dorm, so we don’t think of any?”

 

“That seems okay. But I’ll ask them first.”

 

“Alright. Update me.”

 

“Bring milk and yogurt too. I will help you sell it.” (Sent a teasing emoji.)

 

“Aigoo.” (Sent a troubled and restless sticker.) “I will bring some. Don’t worry, but I won’t promise the yogurt, alright? I don’t know how to make it.”

 

“Thanks!”

 

“How are you?” asked the other.

 

“I told you, I’m fine. Why?”

 

“Nothing. I want to make sure you are alright.”

 

“Why are you so worried?” wondered Jeonghan.

 

“Because you are very naughty. Do they take good care of you?”

 

“Yes. They do. They care of me so much.” (Sent a smiley and a heart.) “Don’t worry too much. I’m fine.”

 

“I’m glad to hear that. I will visit as soon as I can. Gimme the address.”

 

“Yes~ Right away.

And, where do you recommend me to bring a:

(HOSHI) Jolly and very traditional man,

(JIHOON) Serious and genius that doesn’t go out too much,

(MINGHAO) Very fashionable and cool,

(MINGYU) Talkative, talented and a cook,

(JUN) Hyper and ambiguous, count mysterious as well and creative in other way,

(CHAN) Cute and very cute,

(DK) Very bright and understanding,

(SEUNGKWAN) Witty and fabulous,

(SEUNGCHEOL) Mighty and baby,

(JOSHUA) Gentleman and sweet,

(VERNON) Very fascinating because he has his own universe,

(WONWOO) And a poetic and quiet man????????????”

 

“I’m jealous.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because you want to go out with them. How about me?

 

“Whenever you are available~”

 

“How about tomorrow?” asked the other.

 

“As if. Alright, anytime. Can you also help me with them?”

 

“Where do you want to take me first?” demanded the man on the other line.

 

“Where do you want?”

 

“How about we play soccer?”

 

“That seems a good idea. Tell me when, so I can schedule.”

 

“Tomorrow. Let’s play near your place, so they could come or whatever.”

 

“Sure?”

 

“It’s better when we are alone though. You have plenty of time with them, but you can only see me once in a blue moon.”

 

“Since you are so jealous, I will ask them if we can go somewhere else, but near alone. Alright? My milk.”

 

“Fine. See you tomorrow.”

 

<<

 

After all the ‘See you tomorrow’ by his beloved friend, Jeonghan didn’t believe him. For the reason that, his friend might probably far from Seoul and most probably was busy because he’s handling a very demanding business.

 

The next morning, they heard the doorbell ringing the earliest time they would never expect a visitor would visit.

 

Seungkwan was the one to open with his frowning and still half asleep baby face. His hair was all messy after the scratch he’s done with frustration of waking up in the middle of his deep sleep. Thinking that it might probably one of his hyung’s or if not, their manager. He grunted after opening up the door.

 

“Ei, hyung! Why are y-“ Seungkwan was about to nag but he saw a stranger instead of the possible people he’s expecting. The boy’s eyes had gotten bigger, a lot bigger, after seeing a foreign person knocking on their door that morning. It was the first time that it’s happened to them, so he got scared.

 

“Ah- Who- who are you, sir?” Still giving the man the benefit of the doubt. It’s his first time seeing that man. Probably he’s just lost or something else like an emergency.

 

“Hi! I’m Jeonghan’s childhood friend.” Introduced the other.

 

He said that with a very beautiful smile while carrying a bunch of bags, and one of them was live chicken inside a shelter. Seungkwan was observing him and thought, if he’s Jeonghan’s friend, how the hell they didn’t know him? He looked like he came from somewhere far, probably from a province just by looking at how he dressed and what he brought. The man was dressed with a simple white T-shirt. Obviously not one of the trending ones in the market. Also a baggy, looking old but comfortable jeans and old chucks.

 

“I’m sorry, sir, but may I know why-“ Seungkwan didn’t even finish his sentence when the other stated.

 

“We’ve never met in person. Sorry for my appearance. I came from the province and I work inside a farm. Pardon the way I look.” He smiled brightly.

 

The younger couldn’t stop thinking about the stranger. He believed that he’s not likely the one DK and Jeonghan met from SVT Club named TaeWoo. Besides, their appearance wasn’t that similar at all. Not to belittle the jolly and charming high school friend of Jeonghan, but this man who called himself Jeonghan’s childhood friend was that of an idol or actor material despite his old fashioned outfit. His jaw was perfectly shaped and defined. His eyes weren’t that big and round but the fierceness in it was just like of their Wonwoo hyung. Moreover, provided his sharp features including his tall nose, whenever he smiles his eyes follows. Such a sweet and charming man. In addition, he’s tall. Perhaps the same height as Jun and Wonwoo.

 

“I’m sorry to startle you and to disturb you early this morning. By the way, my name is Ye Jun.”

 

Still with a smile holding his whole image. Seungkwan was still startled and couldn’t even produce a sound. He was frozen.

 

“I’m a fan.” Added the handsome stranger.

 

Worried what had happened to the cute vocalist of Seventeen, Ye Jun waved his hand to call his attention.

 

“You okay, honey?” the man asked like an old man.

 

Seungkwan was startled and said “Ah-ah- yes. Yes.”

 

There, right at that moment, he was confused if he would believe him and invite him home or shoo him away.

 

On the other hand, Ye Jun believed that he didn’t know about the visit. Jeonghan probably, and most likely, didn’t believe that he’d visit. For real.

 

“Jeonghan might not able to inform you ahead of time. I understand. He’s always forgetful. I can wait here until he wakes up. I know I shouldn’t be visiting like this, especially your dorm.”

 

Seungkwan had a big big heart and he couldn’t just let the man stand alone by the door. He invited him in, but the man refused because he was concerned about their personal space. Besides, it’s too early to entertain a visitor. He even told Seungkwan that he’d wait outside or he could stay in a convenient store for a while. However, Seungkwan would feel terribly bad if he’d let him wait for too long. Since the man kept refusing his invitation inside the house unless Jeonghan was already awake, the boy rushed to meet Jeonghan who was still soundly asleep to inform him that a friend of his was waiting outside their dorm.

 

It was easy to wake him up that time. Hearing that his friend really went there like what he said yesterday, he was surprised and rushed to the door to meet him. He’s feeling sorry while he’s running the best as he could with his half asleep reflexes.

 

Finally, meeting him seemed like a dream- a cute dream for him. Seeing a childhood friend with such outfit and the feeling that he’s fulfilled his dream, Jeonghan felt laughing but it’s such a sweet sight and he couldn’t help but to express his endearment to his long-time friend, whom he hadn’t seen for years. He came running without pause as he embraced his childhood friend tightly with a soft giggle.

 

“How have you been, Ye Junie? It’s really nice to meet you!”

 

The visitor was seen the expression of longingness. Seemed their relationship were genuine and Seungkwan was so jealous upon seeing that. One by one, the member came out to see the ruckus happening early in the morning inside their dorm. Only to be left broken hearted with what they saw. It was so visible with Soon Young’s long face and duck lips.

 

“Who’s that?” asked Soon Young with a whisper on Seungkwan’s ears.

 

“Jeonghan hyung’s friend.” Answered the younger.

 

Their embrace were taking forever and it’s ruining their morning seeing how tight they hug each other. Their bodies was more than close to each other. Like no air could enter in between them. Their chins perfectly fits one another’s shoulders. Jeonghan had his hand wrapped around his friend’s neck while the other was placed around Jeonghan’s waist while whispering words.

 

Jeonghan seemed so much comfortable and their other members couldn’t take to look at it. It makes their heart break into pieces.

 

“How are you, Jeonghan-ah?”

 

Finally breaking their literal bond, like they were glued together, after a long time.

 

“How many times do you have to ask that?” Jeonghan frowned his brows.

 

“As necessary as I have to.”

 

“I wasn’t expecting you to come. And this early?! Are you nuts?”

 

“I don’t want to get stuck in the traffic with these.” Exposing the dairy products and a chicken shelter he brought, fresh from his own farm.

 

“You really brought me some.” Having a very pleased yet surprised face.

 

“Don’t be selfish. I brought one bottle for each of the members. I will cook the chickens later.

And…” Finally taking out a homemade greek yogurt with banana and strawberry on it. “These. Please share it. But taste it first. It’s the first time I make yogurts, so I don’t know how it tastes. I’ll probably taste it first.” As Ye Jun laughed.

 

Jeonghan was obviously very much delighted with the gifts. All hands who could carry and bring the milk to their refrigerator helped. The chickens… they stayed near the door because they’re too noisy. The boys thanked him with the surprise fresh goods, but they were worried about the chickens. They assumed that if he said that it was for eating, the chickens would be executed right before their eyes. They became scared but, no need to worry because Ye Jun was an expert. They’ve killed fishes before. But they didn’t think they could manage a chicken this time.

 

Ye Jun was welcomed inside their dorm warmly. Seungkwan began his entertaining skills making the other comfortable. Dino ran down stairs to wake his hyungsdeul up because they have a visitor. Eventually, that news alerted the team. Nevertheless, it wasn’t bad at all if it’s someone close to Jeonghan. Although they were warned that a friend might come any time, so they gave their address to him by promising just this one. They did not just expect that it was that soon.

 

All were gathered in the 2nd dorm. They greeted the man politely and introduced themselves individually.

 

The cooks started their day job cooking for the breakfast. While their milk, a liter each, was given to the boys to drink.

 

“I hope you like the dairy products I’ve brought. They’re from my cows.” He proudly announced.

 

“Thank you so much for the gifts.” Thanked Seungcheol.

 

“Enjoy drinking it.”

 

After having a taste, everyone has sparkle in their eyes.

 

“Woah! This is really something. I like it so much.” Said Vernon with a large and amazed eyes.

 

Meanwhile, DK grabbed a marker and fixed his name on the bottle can. “This is mine!”

 

“Ye Jun ssi, thank you for these, they are good.” Praised Joshua politely.

 

“Please call me Ye Jun. Glad you liked it. It’s fresh. I just got them from my cows before I came here.”

 

“Really? Cool! Thank you, hyung.” Said Soon Young.

 

“No problem. I can bring more the next time I visit.” Promised Ye Jun.

 

“Do you supply?” An expected question to SVT’s cat named Jun.

 

“Yes, but I only supply those who are near my place. Usually my neighbors.”

 

While the others were having a get-to-know-each-other conversation, there were people who were too busy drinking the fresh milk because they thought it’s too good to miss early that morning.

 

On the other hand, it was time to the interview because a lot of people got curious with this new man Jeonghan had introduced while having their breakfast served by their chefs. Actually, he’s an old friend but only introduced at the moment.

 

“So, how long have you been friends?” Asked Seungcheol curiosly.

 

“Since toddler. Our houses were just near to each other.” Answered the man.

 

“You seemed so close to each other.” Asked Soon Young, still on his milk.

 

“Probably.”

 

“Ya. How come you aren’t so sure?”

 

“Because I don’t know with you. If you ask me I’d say we are, but ever since we were separated for a long time, I don’t know if you still consider me as friend.”

 

“I do. We are close to each other.  Ya. You’re making me look bad!” Jeonghan scolded.

 

“No. I’m just telling the truth. But thankfully you can still remember me as a friend.” Ye Jun regained his smile. “He always talk about you guys whenever he’s talking to me.”

 

Seventeen felt a little relieved.

 

"It seems like he’s enjoying his time with you.” Noticed Ye Jun.

 

“I’m glad to hear that. By the way, I’m curious. What makes you want to have a farm land? If you don’t mind me asking.” Joshua asked gently and politely.

 

“Well, it’s just a dream since we were young. Also, we have a quite big property in our province, so I started working on it as soon as I graduated.”

 

“He always tells me that he want a cow to milk and chickens to lay eggs. He’s weird when we were young, but now I realized that it’s quite a cool job.” As Jeonghan realized.

 

“Isn’t it hard?” Minghao was kind of thinking about the job as his retirement.

 

“It is. But it will pay off. Besides, it’s a very relaxing job for someone like me.” Answered Ye Jun confidently.

 

“Jeonghan hyung, do you remember TaeWoo hyung? He has his own farm too, right?” DK suddenly brought up.

 

“Tae Woo?” asked Jeonghan. Pausing until later on “Ah- yeah! He has too?”

 

“We actually planned it together but ended up doing it on our own because our lands were located into different provinces. He’s supposed to help me, but his mom needed him.” explained Ye Jun.

 

“I see. Do you sell beef meat too?” their other cat, Wonwoo, was already fishing for the premium.

 

“Oh yes! Actually I do bring some for you guys. It’s best for samgyupsal. Just had to buy some lettuce, coz mine was too small to be eaten.”

 

Seungcheol was surprised and was kind of shy because the man was so thoughtful to bring food enough for all of them. He became worried that Ye Jun had nothing left back in his farm. “You’ve brought too much. Thank you for everything. Also, sorry for the trouble.”

 

“It’s nothing. I’m glad to offer whatever I have for cool guys like you.” He teased sweetly.

 

“That’s too much for us, hyung.” Said Woozi as he showed his cute smile as a sign of acceptance to this cool man who came like their Santa Claus. “Thank you.”

 

To be fair with, the boys noticed that Jihoon became very open to this wonderful and very handsome man who appeared to their faces magically. So, guess they’d be okay because usually Jihoon was highly sensitive with a new man. The milk, chicken, yogurt, and premium beef did the job.

 

“Would you mind signing the album I bought? I brought it with me.” The gorgeous man chuckled handsomely.

 

“You sure you are not a celebrity, hyung? You look so handsome and cool and really awesome.” Said Seungkwan.

 

That time, they knew that Seungkwan was already enchanted with Ye Jun, and that Vernon was quite jealous staring at him because although he received praises from Seungkwan almost every hour of their lives, he’s never been so interested and endeared just like how he was with their Jeonghan hyung’s friend. Jun tapped Vernon’s back to console him.

 

“No. You guys are much cooler and handsome.”

 

“I don’t think so. You can be a visual in a group.” Chan was kind of contemplating with the level of handsomeness, Ye Jun, was bringing them.

 

“No. you are more qualified, Chan.” The older giving the same look Jeonghan was giving him. Yeah. They were really friends.

 

Chan blushed and smiled shyly. He was flattered and he likes it. “Hyung, that’s not true.” Looking down with his blushing cheeks.

 

“I’m telling the truth.” As Ye Jun laughed like an old man. “You are so adorable.”

 

“He’s mine, Ye Junie.” Jeonghan announcing his turf while staring sharply at his childhood friend.

 

“Ask him that now.” Ye Jun teased with a giggle.

 

Oh my! They were totally the same. Plus, he’s got some qualities from each of the members and on the top of that, he’s handsome. He’s like a complete package of an ultimate competitor they could ever encounter from winning Jeonghan’s heart. He’s cool and they admired him, except from the way he came as a competitor. It can be ignored, but it would be so hard for them. They adored the caring man who just came when they supposed no to. Oh dear. Things may be messed up right now, but they were happy knowing this interesting man, who’s Jeonghan’s childhood friend.

 

One can’t prevent to ask why he wouldn’t like to be an idol and that one was DK “Hyung, why didn’t you think of becoming an idol?”

 

“Probably not my style and talent. I can see it with Jeonghan, so I was the one who recommend it to him. He’s good at acting, he could victimized everyone with it. Might as well use it to somewhere he could earn from.” Ye Jun answered while giggling. Meanwhile, one was gazing at him like he wanted to shoot him as soon as he could.

 

“Such a waste, but I’m happy you are happy with the profession you have now.” Said Seungkwan.

 

Vernon whispered to his friend’s ears. “Ya. You are too comfortable with him. Aren’t you ashamed of yourself?”

 

“He’s kind and sweet and cool, Vernon. I like him.” answered Seungkwan with all honesty.

 

Vernon was known to detecting which one should be avoided, but that time, he felt safe with Ye Jun but there’s jealousy in his poor heart. He looked helpless, but at least he’s confident that this hyung was a good man based on how he cared. Hopefully, they won’t get too jealous of him.

 

Meanwhile, after a good conversation, Ye Jun stood up and get his two domestic animals ready for cooking. “I think I should cook these friends of ours now. The preparation will take time.”

 

All were terrified.

 

“Hyung, will you kill them here?” stated DK with fear.

 

“Yeah. Sorry. Can I use your kitchen? I’ll clean it later. I don’t have time doing them before I left home.”

 

“H-how?” Jun became scared and quite trembling just imagining how the chickens would end up in the middle of the murder.

 

“Want to help?” asked by Ye Jun.

 

Jun shook his head intensely.  The older man laughed and complimented how cute he was. Ye Jun asked anybody, but nobody seemed willing to help him ‘murder’ the chicken. Well, it ain’t normal for idols to do such things. He didn’t expect anyway.

 

Ye Jun used Seventeen’s kitchen. The process was quite bloody and creepy, especially when they hear the scream of the pleading poor chicken.

 

Some covered their ears in any way that they couldn’t hear a sound of the chicken scream. Some simply covered their ears, some put on the TV to cover the scary scream. The noise was totally cluttered and it’s frustrating for others.

 

In the kitchen, Mingyu dared to come near. He wanted to help the poor hyung but he couldn’t take the amount of the blood in the kitchen. Especially when he saw the poor chicken’s neck bled until it dies. Poor creature. One was dead already, but the appearance was making Mingyu sick. SeokMin followed and did the same as Mingyu running towards the bathroom in the urge of puking.

 

Meanwhile, the sound of the dying chicken subsided. Now they thought it’s good. Joshua bravely went near Ye Jun to offer a hand, but he backed out after seeing Ye Jun chopped the chicken’s head off. Moreover, he saw the chicken twitched and it’s a game over for Joshua. He thought, he might be of help in the cooking process itself.

 

The others won’t dare but one. Chan went to help. He saw the exact scene Joshua had witnessed but this time it was on the other chicken. And he didn’t mind. He could still look it at the face. Applause for their bravest member, Channie~

 

“Hyung, want a hand.” The boy offered.

 

Ye Jun looked at the boy, as usual with endearment. He didn’t decline Chan’s offer to help.

 

“Cool. Can you peel of the feathers? I’ll do the other.”

 

Chan agreed and obeyed.

 

“Good boy. You know, you are the sweetest, Chan-ah.”


Chan felt shy, but you know the boy, he like compliments. “No, hyung.” But staying humble with it.

 

“Adorable.”

 

While they were both working like father and son, Jeonghan interrupted with Seungcheol. Unfortunately, the scene was terrifying after the undressing. Ye Jun was now chopping off the parts while Chan was in charge breaking the bones of those part that didn’t seemed to be successfully chopped.

 

The sound of the bones breaking was nerve wracking. Jeonghan fled while Seungcheol acted brave. However the scariest part was Chan holding the chicken and breaking bones without showing sympathy on the poor chicken corpse.

 

“Ya, Chanie-ya, aren’t you afraid?” asked Seungcheol with mix scolding.

 

Chan looked at him coldly with a relax reflex as he break bones and answered “No.”

 

He left Seungcheol speechless with his response and fled back to the living room.

 

“Geez. Sometimes, Chan scares me more than anybody else.” Seungcheol murmured while sitting beside Jeonghan.

 

After a while, when Ye Jun seemed to finish his preparations, he proceed to cooking the chicken. All he needed was to wait, and that’s when he approached Seungcheol & Joshua for something. He picked them because they were the eldest and he wouldn’t want to bother the others from whatever they’re doing. They had their private conversation just by the dining table. It’s not a secret anyway. Ye Jun just wanted for them to talk in peace.

 

“How’s Jeonghan so far?” asked Ye Jun.

 

“He’s by far okay, although there has been attacks but not as fatal as before.” Joshua explained.

 

“How fatal?” Ye Jun tried to cope up of whatever he missed for a very long time.

 

“He almost died several times.” Seungcheol sighed.

 

It hurts the other’s feeling, but that’s Jeonghan’s sickness. He needed to accept it and help them, so he said. “I see.” He breathed deeply. “Thank you for taking good care of him. Call me if you needed help. Jeonghan is very important to me. I cannot let anyone or anything hurt him.”

A pause had occurred before he asked the most important thing, that is “Do you love him?”

 

That question made the two chocked in their own saliva. They couldn’t respond immediately. It was supposed to be a secret. Now they were exposed because of Seungcheol’s obvious reaction. Well, Joshua blamed him for that.

 

Noticing their reaction, Ye Jun smiled “Well, I should assume based on your reaction is -Yes you do.” He giggled because their stares were telling him that they’re busted. “I know everything. He tells me.” Getting down again with “Except his condition. I’m worried.”

 

Ye Jun was too bold to confess his feelings in front of them. He’s awesome and the two got intimidated of him. He’s too perfect to be true. Well, except his fashion sense. It’s quite an old folk combination, but like what they said, it could be ignored.

 

“If you want update, I can talk to you.” Said Seungcheol thinking how the person care for Jeonghan. Guess, they were all the same and there’s no reason to prevent Jeonghan getting close to a childhood friend. Not in the position to do so.

 

“Can I visit often?”

 

The two froze.

 

Sensing that the two became alerted he stated “Don’t worry, I won’t just visit. I will inform you. And I bet that I couldn’t make it as often as I want it to be.”

 

“Sure. Sure. No problem with that.” Said Seungcheol immediately.

 

“By the way, do you have schedule for today? I would like to take Jeonghan out just for a while.”

 

“Sure, but please do contact us if anything happens.” Said Joshua.

 

“Thank you.” Sending a sweet smile to the both of them. “I-“ Ye Jun wasn’t able to finish his sentence when they heard someone asking for help near the bathroom. It turns out to be Jeonghan’s voice calling for help because he’s gone blind and deaf again. Moreover, his head felt like cracking any time. The first thing he asked for help was his childhood best friend, as he called him by his name in a hurry.

 

“Ye Junie, could you come please.”

 

They ran towards where the voice was and found out that Jeonghan was having a headache. Moreover, that he had difficulty moving now. All were ready to go towards him for help, but Ye Jun asked them to back out and leave the situation to him.

 

They let him because maybe he could help. Who knows?

 

Ye Jun came towards Jeonghan to hold his hand informing him that he’s there. Next was, he cupped the other’s head from behind his ears and massage it at some portions. He didn’t give Jeonghan a comforting pat or any gestures that would feel him safe and comfortable. Instead, the distance was clear.

 

Seventeen focused of whatever he’s doing thinking that maybe he knew how to handle him when that happens and learn something from him.

 

Ye Jun Whispered to Jeonghan’s ears gently “Can you hear me now?”

 

Jeonghan didn’t reply. On the other hand, Ye Jun repeated the process until his poor friend regained his hearing.

 

“You hear me now?”

 

Jeonghan nodded.

 

“Let’s walk now.” Ye Jun suddenly instructed.

 

Ye Jun held Jeonghan’s, now, cold hands while the other rejects the order.

 

“C’mon, Jeonghan. It’s not that you can’t use your body.” insisted his childhood sweetheart. Who wasn’t that sweet as Seventeen reads him as of the moment.

 

“I can’t move. It’s painful.” Said Jeonghan.

 

“No, it’s not. You are just numb right now.” The other reprimanded firmly. “You can do this. Walk slowly. If you do not do this, it’d be more painful.”

 

Jeonghan started showing his tears feeling that no one was there to comfort him. The rest of the Seventeen members were feeling the urge to rescue Jeonghan on his hands, but Ye Jun told them to lay low and do nothing. He also advised that they should watch because it might be helpful.

 

Ye Jun was quite cold and heartless to Jeonghan. He showed no mercy unlike them.

 

“Maybe we can do it next time.” Seungcheol came first to rescue as he explained worriedly.

 

“No. Cannot be. Let’s see if this still works. It works on me. It should work on him.” said Ye Jun, declining Seungcheol’s offer.

 

Hearing him talk about relating himself to Jeonghan’s situation, the boys have had many questions running inside their brains.

 

 Ye Jun was focused on Jeonghan as he began instructing him with gentle voice “Let’s walk now, Jeonghan-ah.”

 

Jeonghan bit his lips. He’s feeling so bad and upset and it was visible in his expression. Meanwhile, his childhood friend willingly assisted his friend by holding both of his hands. But still, no close contact but the hands.

 

The boys, on the other hand, were too worried that it would hurt Jeonghan so much. It was unbearable to see as all of them walk towards Jeonghan without them noticing.

 

“Carefully, Jeonghan. It will get worst if you buy more time.” Ye Jun scolded calmly.

 

Jeonghan forced himself to move forward, little by little. His tears wouldn’t stop falling. While the other were serious when he said he should move. It’s been a few minutes. Jeonghan had been breathing poorly.

 

“I think we should stop.” Interrupted Joshua who was feeling the pain Jeonghan was having at the moment.

 

“No.” said Ye Jun as he stood firmly with his decisions.

 

Jun was worried too, so he commented “He cannot do it anymore, hyung.”

 

“Yes, he can.”

 

Jeonghan clutched Ye Jun’s hands tightly. “Ye Jun-ah. Let’s rest for a moment. Please.” Said with a weak voice.

 

“No, Jeonghan. You need to finish this until it’s not hurting anymore. We did it together, remember?”

 

“It’s too painful, Ye Junie. Doctor Bae won’t know. Please? Can we rest for a while?”

 

“I will be the one to tell him.” He threatened. “I’m just here. Right here, Jeonghanie.” Suddenly said it with gentleness.

 

“You are mean.” Said the upset Jeonghan.

 

Meanwhile, Seventeen was causing ruckus of thinking who Dr. Bae could be. They assumed that Jeonghan was experiencing a flashback. Also, they were too disturb of how Ye Jun coldly treat their precious Jeonghanie.

 

“I’ll ask mom not to give you ice cream later.” Added Jeonghan.

 

“Then, I’ll buy one for me.” Answered Ye Jun meanly as he tried to annoy the other.

 

Jeonghan was getting pissed that his hands became a weapon, scratching the other’s hand slowly but fatally. On the other hand, Ye Jun reacted not much. A few seconds more, Jeonghan could make his movements bigger and could take steps a little comfortable than before. That’s when Ye Jun assisted the other with a tight embrace.

 

“Great job, Jeonghanie!” comforted Ye Jun. “I’ll treat you something you want. Let’s go out.”

 

“You are so bad, Ye Junie.” As Jeonghan was catching his breathe.

 

“Good job.” Patted the other’s head.

 

“Bad- Ye-Jun-ie.” Jeonghan stated with a slow pace and almost inaudible pace, hinting the other that he could faint.

 

Ye Jun, confirming Jeonghan was about to fall unconscious grabbed his body and made sure he’s standing stable with his help. This time with his head buried on the other’s neck.

 

“Ya. Hold on. You can’t sleep. Can’t faint now. We’re going out. I can’t wait for a longer time, you know. I will return back to the farm by 4”

 

Jeonghan get a hold of himself and he’s forced himself to stand firmly. Also, by assisting himself by grabbing the other’s shirt.

 

“My shirt will be torn apart, Jeonghan-ah. Carry yourself.” Complained Ye Jun.

 

“You are so bad to me. Why?”

 

He bit Ye Jun’s unfortunate chest because it was the closest. The other screamed and was a little bit annoyed with a very unnecessary move.

 

“Ya! That hurts!”

 

Ye Jun slapped Jeonghan’s mouth lightly but enough to have an impact without hesitating. The boys were surprised.

 

“You!” Ye Jun, holding his chest while started arguing with Jeonghan. “You annoy me first ever since we were young. I was just defending myself. Besides, this isn’t a revenge.”

 

“I’m good with you at all times.”

 

“Really?” with a sarcastic tone on Ye Jun’s side. “I don’t remember much. You think you’ve been a good boy to me when you ask me who I love the most? My girlfriend or you? Ya. Cham!” taking it as unfair for him.

 

Even Seventeen slammed their hands on their lovely faces knowing that he’s been like that since he was born. Aigoo.

 

“He really does that, yeah?” Sighed Chan. He violently reacted, knowing that he’s Jeonghan’s favorite victim regarding the question game of his.

 

“That was a joke. You’d chose your girlfriend anyway.”

 

Ye Jun chuckled as he tightened his embrace with a loving sway.

 

“Of course. Who would you want me to choose when my girlfriend is just meters away from me? And who knows if she heard everything you’ve said- you brat!” defended Ye Jun.

 

Jeonghan felt terribly sorry about his pranks. But yeah, it maybe half meant true. “Sorry.”

 

“You don’t remember the reason, yeah?” the other chuckled. “I chose her but I chose you at the end.”

 

Boys hearing those almost fall apart. Their fists clutched tightly in jealousy. They never knew how intimate their relationship was. Besides, Jeonghan never talked about him the whole time they’re together.

 

“Bathe now. We gotta go somewhere else.”

 

Slapping Jeonghan’s head and pushing him gently for him to go back to the bathroom and continue what he should do before he got an attack.

 

“You are going somewhere? Only the two of you?” Jun asked.

 

“Yeah. He asked us earlier. Was about to inform you guys.” Informed Seungcheol.

 

.

.

.

 

While waiting for Jeonghan to get finish dressing up so they could eat, the boys got really curious about Ye Jun’s identity. So, they asked.

 

“Hyung, you seem so close. I’m getting jealous.” Stated Soon Young honestly.

 

Ye Jun laughed. “We seemed so.”

 

“May we know how your friendship goes from the moment you saw each other?” asked DK next.

 

“Actually, I am two years older than him. We disregarded that fact because it doesn’t really matter.”

 

Seungcheol felt the burden of being disrespectful to the older man from addressing him by name because of his ignorance. “Aigoo! Hyung! I’m sorry for the informality earlier.”

 

The two eldest of Seventeen panicked. They both bowed and apologize of their behavior earlier. They were too troubled and guilty that they’ve become so awkward, but Ye Jun preferred to be called by his name especially when they’re someone near his age. The two were easily forgiven, however, it didn’t light up how the two felt. They became the laughing stock of the boys younger than them.

 

Ye Jun continued his story “Jeonghan and I met each other when I was 5 and he was 3. We both stayed at the same hospital with the same symptoms, yet no diagnosis. We stayed together. He was shy, so I did the first move. We did therapy together. Not really helpful, but when Jeonghan was seven, and of course, I was 9. Dr. Bae came and did a good therapy which I just did earlier. It’s quite the most effective way, rather than the other therapies we had together. The medicine had just got us stout.

It’s really hard to lose weight.” He sighed remembering how kids bully him because of his weight.

 

“Meaning to say, you have the same disease as Jeonghan hyung?” Jihoon finally caught up to what Ye Jun was saying.

 

“That’s what they’ve told us. Because they said we had the same symptoms. Including the visible ones. The red spots. We go blind and deaf. Our frequent headaches and nosebleeds. Our immobility and the pain.

Dr. Bae, a young neuro, was the only one to provide a good treatment, even if it was only for a short period of time.”

 

“I see. Jeonghan’s doctor experienced it himself too. So he’s quite good at looking for solutions.” Added Joshua.

 

“Dr. Bae told me that he had that one too. He discovered it one time he’s ranged in anger to himself.” He chuckled. “If Dr. Bae is still alive, it’s good that he’d be able to talk to Jeonghan’s  Doctor as well.”

 

Minghao was quite surprised with the news and reacted  “He’s dead? Is it because of the sickness?”

 

“Yeah. That’s what they’ve said. And I can’t let Jeonghan die from it too.”

 

“You said you had one too right? Does it still occur?” asked Vernon.

 

“At times, yeah. But looking at Jeonghan’s condition right now, it’s quite grave. That’s why you need to be a little strict on him.”

 

“I see. But hyung? I don’t mean to offend but, if you were close, how come he didn’t tell us about you?” asked Vernon who was still examining the other.

 

Seungkwan slapped his friend’s face while Seungcheol was in charge of covering his mouth and Mingyu to seal it, also with huge hand.

 

“Ya. That’s too much.” Mingyu whispered.

 

“We apologize.” Initiated Seungcheol while the others followed.

 

“It’s alright. He’s forgotten me for years.” Ye Jun scoffed with a bitter smile. “Twice. One when we were elementary and the second time was a few months after you guys debuted. Though I am sure that he’s remembered me every time he chats me. Just not sure how many times more he’d forget about me.”

 

“He’s forgotten you more than ones?” DK became pale. “Oh my. Sorry for asking.”

 

“Well, I don’t mind. I forgot people too. But the feeling of being forgotten is really bad. I know you are hurt as well.”

 

“But too much is too much. Are you okay?” asked Jihoon with a concern face.

 

“Well, I’m glad now that he remembered the first chapters of our lives at last. I just have to wait and let him remember more.”

 

“Sorry for asking.” Now, Vernon was feeling bad.

 

“Ya. You are so slow.” Whispered Mingyu.

 

“It must be hard.” Wonwoo added. “What did you do the first time he didn’t recognize you?”

 

Sensing that it was getting too personal and deep and also painful, Seungcheol scolded the kids “Stop asking!”

 

“I don’t know. I did everything at first but eventually, when I saw that it wasn’t helping at all, I stopped. But now, I think we shouldn’t give up.”

 

Soon Young put his arms like he was to cheer up the team like they usually do before a performance. The other followed. Joshua was the one who helped Ye Jun put his hands to hold the others.

 

Soon Young shouted “Fighting!”

 

“Fighting!”

 

 

 

So, how are you guys coping up with things happening all over the world? I wish for you and your family safety. Take care. Love ya!

 

Hope you enjoy this. Was supposed to return with my previous writing style because there’s too many names to list from the series, especially when they’re having a conversation plus their individual reaction, but I thought, its not good to return from my previous style since I started with a different approach in this series.

 

Will come back for you, alright? Please give me inspirations. Haha! The heat is melting my brain guys. Hahaha! See you soon! Would love if you leave some comments. Random topic will do. Or if you have suggestions or reactions. Maybe you didn’t understand some in this story, just ask me. Alright?

 

Mwuah! Take care!