IINTRODUCTION

Reset: What Kind of Lover?

RESET: WHAT KIND OF LOVER?

 

IINTRODUCTION:

 

The moment Jeonghan returned back home, it felt strange. He couldn’t remember a thing, but his body seemed to know how to make himself comfortable. He was surrounded by weirdly handsome/ adorable boys, who were noisy, a little bit messy, and quite unique in their own ways.

 

He was with them for just about a few hours, but his eyes were very much pleased with the kind of setting he was in, instead of getting anxious at all. It was okay not to do something to impress them, at least that’s what his body dictated him to do. Though, he made himself quiet to observe.

 

It was like the first day of school when you were a transferee. They knew each other, while you knew no one. At the back of his mind, he was troubled getting himself belong with the group that was already established. Only took him a while to realize that he needed nothing but to be himself as Seungkwan shouted to call for lunch. He was surprised that he automatically stood up to respond.

 

“Lunch is ready, guys!”

 

Surprisingly, Jeonghan got a little impressed when they were able to cook food for themselves. He’s a little bit hesitant to go first, so he let the others go before him. Though one man stood in front of him with a bright smile “Jeonghan-ah, you will regret getting there last.” Said their gentleman, Joshua.

 

With that hint, Jeonghan helped himself with Joshua’s assistance. He met the boys, complete, at the table shouting “Thank you for the food. I’ll eat many!!!” as they clapped their hands and chopsticks to raid the served food at the table. However, before that, their leader stood for Jeonghan by saying “Ya. You guys eat slowly. Let Jeonghan get first.”

 

It made Jeonghan shy and blush. “No. I’m fine. Go eat. Don’t mind me.”

 

But the boys came to their senses and let Jeonghan get first, otherwise, they won’t know if he had eaten or not when they began ravishing the food on the table. “No, hyung. Please, get first. Get as much as you want.” Mingyu said with his canine-y smile.

 

One put a big cutlet of pork on the top of his rice and said. “Eat well, hyung~” oozing with cuteness, Dino assisted Jeonghan with his bright smile and sweet actions.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“Aigoo. Our dear maknae is impressing Jeonghan hyung, don’t you think?” said Seungkwan teasingly.

 

“Look how cute he is. As expected with our little and adorable baby.” Seungcheol added.

 

On the other hand, Dino blushed with the tease. Guess it’s too much for a young adult like him to be teased with that. But what could he do with all the other boys older than him? Anyway, as he didn’t seem to get hurt unlike when he was younger. Instead of denying it to the point that he wanted to throw them in the space, he remained calm. He’s more mature now. Besides, it’s not a bad thing being the youngest, though, the chores were keeping him up, as well as, his older brothers who kept teasing him 24/7. The rest were good things, such as having a reliable, loveable, and happy family- 13 of them.

 

Meanwhile, as they ate at their portable long table, Seungcheol discussed things with them regarding their schedule again, in case they were forgetting things, especially their house chores. Well, couldn’t blame them because they had gone too busy nowadays.

 

Discussion was over, and time for them to practice their upcoming launching and debut in Japan. Hoshi was assigned to look out for Jeonghan, also, to teach him everything he must learn with their new choreography. Jihoon, on the other hand, would be seeing him after the practice to coach him with the recordings.

 

“Jeonghan, can we talk?” asked Seungcheol before doing what he was assigned to do. The other nodded and complied. They talked inside a room, privately.

 

“Jeonghan-ah, treat us as a family.” Seungcheol began his talk with a warm smile. “Welcome back. I know it’s weird for you to hear such things, but please let me.”

 

Jeonghan smiled indicating that he agreed. “I already know, Seungcheol ssi. Dr. Eric told me about this family. Sorry, I couldn’t make everything normal for all of us.”  Feeling bad of the things he’d probably causing them. Also with a tone still not used to calling people comfortably when in his memory, they were all strangers meeting them for the first time.

 

“Don’t pressure yourself, Jeonghan. Everything will be fine. And please, call me Seungcheol.” Said the other.

 

“Ah. Yes.” Replied Jeonghan politely.

 

Seeing that it was such an awkward phase for the both of them, Seungcheol proceed to what he wanted to clear. “If you have any trouble in anything, don’t be shy to approach us. Especially when you are feeling not well.”

 

“Yes. Thank you.”

 

Finding more words to say, Seungcheol hang his sight staring blankly at the beautiful, and for now, innocent looking person in front of him. “Look, I am not good with advices because you usually does that to me and to the others but I’ll be here whenever you need me.” He smiled brightly. “And I might be briefing you with our personality, so we can be of good help for you.”

 

Jeonghan was listening carefully as he was sure he’d want to learn that in order for him to know each of them for a starter.

 

“I am the general leader, also the hiphop team. I function like a manager, so whenever you have problems with schedules or with the people, or even with things that bothers you, just go to me.” He leaned comfortably to a chair and added. “Actually, you can do that to other members too. But the schedule and engagements are on me.”

 

Jeonghan nodded while Seungcheol continued speaking. “Joshua is the kind of guy whom you can trust with your secrets, I think. And he’s patient than anybody else… Jun is a little bit playful, but he’ll get mature when he needed to.” He chuckled. “Jun is a thoughtful and soft kind of guy, you’ll feel comfortable with him.” he breathed to think whom to speak next and came up with Wonwoo mixing up things as he goes by their age. “Wonwoo is a quiet type of person, but he could get extreme sometimes, so don’t get fooled. But he can be your great supporter. He can understand a person by observing. You are safe with him. While Hoshi…” a little tilt as he crossed his arms while thinking of a word for their adorable hamji.  “Soon Young is very affectionate, but if his duty calls, he could be very strict. He likes talking and he’s cute when he does.”

 

Jeonghan smiled. “This family… I think it’s colorful.”

 

“Yeah. I agree. And with Jihoon, he’s strict and he might look snob but he actually care. Just let him be. He’ll get naughty when his mood hit him.”

 

“I’ll take note of that.”

 

“I bet you are scared with his sharp eyes. He’s not used to smiling. He cannot handle skinship well. He hates it, but I know somewhere in his heart, he loves it. Just let him do it for you. Forgive us when you see Jihoon pushing people just by embracing him, he’s just like that, especially to Soon Young.”

 

“I see.” As Jeonghan became aware, he got agitated with the fact with Jihoon and said to himself that he needed to be careful with his actions. Seeing that Jeonghan seemed to be frightened with the information, he followed up as he chuckled.

 

“Don’t worry, he won’t bite. We too. Just that he’s busy composing with songs, so he needed space. And please remind him to rest because he only listens to you. He’s your little monster, you see. You can control him, so save us, won’t you?”

 

“But-“

 

“Just be yourself.”

 

Jeonghan was obliged now to ‘be himself’ as they all reminded him. Even the doctor advised him to do that.

 

“Next is, Minghao. He’s the romantic guy, but brutally realistic.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“No. I just meant that although he’s in the limelight, he’s just being realistic. But sometimes, he’s cute too as he couldn’t stop with his little fantasy with his books and wines. He’s still a kid, but amongst all, he could stand on his own without babysitting.”

 

“Babysitting?”

 

“Oh. Yes. By the way, you just arrived at a day care of 13 boys. You’ll know soon.” He playfully said. “Next is our happy virus, DK. He’s an innocent and a sensitive boy, Jeonghan. He gets easily discouraged, that’s why we keep on telling him that he’s more than what he thinks of him. Anyway, he does the brightening in our group. He’s adorable and you’ll get fond of him easily.” Pouting his lips counting how many did he told already, he then arrived with Mingyu. “Mingyu… Mingyu is basically a tall puppy. He too is a kid in adult’s body, but you can rely on him with household matters. He can cook and clean, even be your huge comforter when you are feeling cold.”

 

“He’s definitely tall.”

 

“Yeah, but cannot get hold of his body much of control. He’s clumsy despite being reliable.”

 

Jeonghan was surprised with the irony of their characters, but it made them interesting to know.

 

“Seungkwan is our entertainer. He’s a smart boy. He’s also reliable and mature. He makes us laugh, but time gets when he becomes sensitive too. Nevertheless, he can handle things well too… Next is Vernon. This boy is indifferent, but when things becomes serious, you can also rely on him. He’s a simple man and you can learn things you wouldn’t expect from him... By the way, he has his own world, so as always, let him be. I think it’s his form of relaxation.”

 

“I see. He speaks Korean, right?”

 

“Yeah, he was raised here. Joshua is the one who grew up in LA.”

 

Again, the irony was really in the blood of the group Seventeen. Jeonghan thought it was definitely unique and fairly different.

 

“Last but not the least, our maknae, Dino.”

 

“He’s sweet.” Jeonghan said based on what he witnessed earlier.

 

“Yeah. He is. Sometimes.” The other chuckled. “He’s a passionate boy. He likes acting mature, but he’s still cute and he denies it. He’s talented you know, but he’s humble. Despite his age, you can run to him also. He’s strong.”

 

“I see.” Jeonghan answered while the question “I wonder what relationships I have with them back when I’m still fine.” Running in his mind that time because Dr. Eric had come to enjoy telling him stories about them. He’s a fanatic.

 

“So, Jeonghan, let’s get you to Soon Young. Don’t be scared of him, just one gentle and he’s cute again. If you get tired, just tell him.” Seungcheol reminded.

 

“Thank you.”

.

.

.

 

Inside an empty room with only wide and tall mirrors in front, Jeonghan met Soon Young who was then busy rehearsing by himself. “Sorry to interrupt.” Said Jeonghan.

 

A bright smile on his perspiring face with his 10:10 eyes greeted him. “Oh, hyung! No. it’s okay. Are you ready?”

 

The other nodded. So, they started the warm up before learning the choreography. It took Jeonghan a while to memorize things, especially when the steps were so hard that it challenges his respiratory capabilities. Soon Young look and noticed over the mirror and finally called a break.

 

“Hyung, you okay?” asked the concerned choreographer. “Just tell me when you need more samples and coaching, but I guess your body is still great with movements.” Soon Young complimented.

 

“Sorry, Soon Young.” As Jeonghan felt apologetic on how slow he could learn the steps when they were on deadline because of the recording and the actual launching.

 

“Don’t be sad, hyung. We can get through this. Just trust me and yourself. We can do this. Fighting!!!” he shouted to give energy to the other. However, instead of cheering him up, Jeonghan was astounded. Hoshi’s eyes widened in fear that he might have established bad impression to his beloved hyung. “Sorry, hyung. I got a little too excited.”

 

“I’m fine.” A dear smile the other showed, in order, not to worry the young man. “I was just surprised with your encouragement.” He giggled.

 

Oh, how Soon Young missed those giggles. “I’m sorry, I’ll be careful next time.”

 

“No. It’s fine. I like it.”

 

Hoshi was glad hearing that from him. Jeonghan could still be an angel even though they were foreign to him as of the moment. “Then, you need to be true to me, alright hyung? We can do this.”

 

Jeonghan nodded.

 

Aigoo, why was it Jeonghan was exceptionally adorable, especially when he nods innocently? Soon Young took his time staring at their Yoon Jeonghan while in practice. On the contrary, Jeonghan was having difficulty memorizing the routine. In the middle of their practice, Soon Young advised that they should continue the next morning because he had to record the remaining parts for their song, so they could patch them up already into a final output.

 

Transferring to the recording studio with Jihoon, Jeonghan remembered what Seungcheol had told him. Despite the lightening up of Jihoon’s character, his stares and seriousness were giving him fright and worry.

 

Jihoon, on the other hand, greeted him with smile even in his eyes. “I hope you wouldn’t mind recording on your first day with us.”

 

“I’m not good at singing, Jihoon.”

 

“You are good at it. Let me just warm your voice up before we start.”

 

Jeonghan let Jihoon lead him, and after a while, his voice was working nicely different from what Jeonghan was expecting. Sure he should be good at singing because he was a part of the vocal team. Now, pressure runs through his head. Meanwhile, Jihoon knew that it may took them a while before they perfect things up, but well, Jihoon needed to adjust first. Nevertheless, he was sure that Jeonghan would definitely make way on how to follow their pace.

 

It was natural for them not to finish a routine in one day, especially in Jeonghan’s case. They needed to take it slowly, no matter how pressured they were now with the upcoming deadlines. Jeonghan was aware of that, and would make sure that he does things on the right time with the expected quality being in one of the top boy groups in Korea and abroad.

 

They went home, finally, after a long practice. They’re bodies were sure tired, and their stomachs were definitely empty. Since they had no time cooking for their food at home because they were too exhausted with their practice, they chose to eat outside instead. Also, it was to celebrate Jeonghan’s return.

 

The messier it gets, the happier they’ve become. They celebrated with laughter and teasing, toasting and eating. Seemed like their stomachs hadn’t had food for weeks on how glutton they could be. In addition, no matter how loud they may be, they were aware about the surrounding as they automatically tone down their voices once they noticed that it was too much. Meanwhile, in the corners near Seungcheol, Jeonghan remained observant, though, he was happy with the company.

 

“Let’s toast!” Dino suggested and the other’s followed.

 

“Welcome home, Jeonghan!” Seungcheol started and the other’s mimicked.

 

“I’m home.” He replied as to the greeting. “I will do my best not to burden you. I’ll cope up soon.” He promised.

 

“Don’t say that. Saying ‘let’s stay forever’ is fine.” Suggested Hoshi.

 

“Don’t exclude yourself, Jeonghan. You are a part of us. And you have a spot to fit in. I’m sure we’ll be just fine.” Added Joshua.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“To Jeonghan!” toasted Seungcheol.

 

“To Jeonghan!” said the team.

 

“To Seventeen!” cheered Seungkwan.

 

“To Seventeen!”

.

.

.

It was like a new beginning for Jeonghan while the rest of Seventeen felt like they were just a dream that was just about to happen for Jeonghan. At first, Seventeen thought that once they’d see Jeonghan happy and well again, it was just as fine as before. However the feeling of being forgotten was somehow the worst thing that could happened in one’s life. It . Especially when someone so important to you couldn’t remember a bit of you.

 

When they saw Jeonghan for the first time after such a long wait for him to come back from London, for his examination and therapy, they felt extreme happiness. But it wasn’t sustainable in the long run. The boys knew what was about to happen, while the poor young man couldn’t even predict anything.

 

Both parties struggled a lot despite convincing themselves that everything’s alright, especially for the boys who’s making themselves conscious of whatever they’re doing because they know that Jeonghan might misinterpret or misunderstood given his condition. It was difficult, and it became harder and harder as day goes by with him.

 

One thing, however, Jeonghan remembered was the first time the CEO have told him on his first day 4 years ago. Resulting of mixing it up to the present one.

 

“Jeonghan. The reason you are here is to be their lover.” It rang a bell on Jeonghan’s ears one time like it was told yesterday.

 

The CEO explained to him that they’re releasing a large group with talented people. It was their goal to rise them up to the top, but in order to fulfill that dream which was also the dream of every single one of them, they need to remain intact and united. Moreover, they needed to be one. The CEO knew that Jeonghan was the key for them to stay like a family. He decided to pick an apple of the eye that definitely hook the members to look only at him in order not to look for someone outside the circle. Its purpose was to avoid scandals. His role meant by the CEO as ‘Lover’ was defined in several and different ways depends on the situation. But only a few things were clear to him and that was to take care of the group and understand each other’s needs.

 

It was hard. Jeonghan thought he couldn’t do it but, among all, he started his job earlier than the others. He thought he’d give it a try and tried contemplating about the unusual job. What persuade him to accept it was his priority which was to diagnose his sickness that no doctor had yet identify which name or syndrome to call it. He’s been suffering one of each little by little that he’d spent most of his summer or breaks in the hospital every time it attacks.

 

He’s shown signs in his early childhood, but nothing to cure it. They’ve been finding answers but it would need so much money.

.

.

.

Present_

 

One time, when Jeonghan woke up, he was noticed staring in the air.

 

DK approached as he worried. “Hyung. Are you okay?”

 

Looking with so much going around in his head, Jeonghan paused a little before he finally say a word. “Yeah. I’m fine.” Short and simple. No teasing, no Jeonghan way of speaking. He sounded like a stranger- again or rather once in a while- from the moment he came in until they released their single in Japan. Though, it wasn’t that hard to talk to him or approach him. He’s kind. He’s understanding and shy. Most especially he’s soft, especially when he smiles. People always fall for that. Number one to fall was his teammates.

 

Seventeen struggled everyday with their broken and now- unknown- relationship. They were locked up the moment Jeonghan left until he came back with none of them in his heart.

 

The tower they built for years had shattered into pieces and now, they needed to start building up again. The hardest time for the team was not knowing Jeonghan. The same goes for Jeonghan. He was scared and extremely shy. He was worried, and then he had the tendency to think about a lot of things. He’s in a new world once again that he’s having a hard time following up. Especially when fame was there before he had known it.

 

On the other hand, Seventeen had grown more mature and protective, not only to Jeonghan but also to their members. When Jeonghan was not present in their home for a few months, they tried to stay, so when Jeonghan comes back he’d still see them complete and happy.

 

+++

 

Happy Birthday to our dearest Angel, Jeonghan and to Carats who’s also celebrating their birthdays today. (Or even for the whole month of October)

 

I’m back!

 

How was this new series? I am thinking of creating another series but I decided to just continue the series because it has the same concept. The only difference is the concept of “What Kind of Lover?” I entitled it reset, so I could start again. And also, I chose to maintain Jeonghan’s sickness here to hurt you. Joke! I was joking. I love you. Why would I hurt you? Sending you hugs and kisses.

 

Gimme a hug to. I accept kisses too. I miss you so much guys.

 

Note: For my new readers… this is a continuation of my previous series stated at the cover alongside with the poster and all. Anyways, enjoy!

 

Also, this wouldn’t be so regular, as I’ve said before due to my schedule. Please be patient on me. Love you so much guys! Take care! Have a nice day. And Chill… I will make sure not to cause you any trouble. It’s just the intro. Let’s take it easy. Hahaha! This is different style guys. I am trying to write as normal as possible. Hahaha! I hope it wouldn’t confuse you. If it does, please inform me so I could change it to the script format.

 

Reviews would be very much appreciated. Mwuah! Thank you so much!

 

Here's the link: (From 1st series to last before the RESET)

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1249543/behind-the-scenes-standby

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1255813/behind-the-scenes-cue

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1281155/soundcheck

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1324778/action