16.

Heal me (Married to brother-in-law)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Dessert time after dinner was going well than the actual dinner. Munhee's foul mood picked up by the sweet taste of her favorite strawberry ice cream. 

  

"Oh I forgot!" Mrs. Byun  perked up at the sudden reminder of something in the midst of their conversation about Baekhyun's first birthday party and how he jumped over his birthday cake. Mrs. Byun rummaged through the bags she had brought with her. 

"I have bought some gifts for my grandchildren." She smiled as she handed out the nicely wrapped boxes, that could be some toys. 

"Mom you will spoil them. You've already showered them with chocolates and clothes!"  Baekhyun nagged as it was the second round of giving gifts to the kids. Mrs. Byun smiled sheepishly in reply.

"Let her, son. We don't see them on a regular basis anyways." His father defended. 

"I have something for you too. Don't sulk." Mrs. Byun teased Baekhyun. She handed him out a whole bag. 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes but eventually took the bag. Munhee tried to peek over to have a look at what he got but she couldn't as her name was called by her mother-in-law.

"Munhee dear, this is a small gift for you. I hope you'll like it."  She spoke softly and she handed Munhee what seemed like a jewelry box.

"Thank you. Can I have a look of it?" Munhee asked politely.

"Yes, of course."

Munhee opened the velvet box, there was a diamond pendant with matching earrings and bracelet. And it looked hella expensive.  Beautiful without any doubt.

Munhee slightly gasped as she'd never gotten such expensive gifts ever. "M-Mom, you didn't have to. It must be so costly!" 

Mrs. Byun being seated beside Munhee, held her hands with a grateful smile covering her features,  "No dear. It's nothing, really. You're my son's wife now. Who else would I spoil if not you?" 

"But still.."

"Get used to it, my child. Spoiling our loved ones is in our blood." Mr. Byun offered making Munhee shut whatever she was going to say and accept the pricey gift wholeheartedly.

"Where is mummy's gift?" Miseo asked out of the blue, turning the whole atmosphere stiff. 

Munhee could clearly see everyone raking their brains to come up with something while at the same time trying to conceal the hurt they felt. 

"Miseo, baby..." Munhee walked up to Miseo who was on her grandpa's lap, waiting with wide eyes for her question to be answered. Munhee didn't know how to explain her. She took the baby in her arms, patting her tiny head to fall in her shoulders. This was all she could do. Give them as much love as she could. She didn't feel like lying about their mother. But they wouldn't even understand even if she tried to explain everything. 

Munhee trailed her eyes towards Baekhyun, who had Sarang on his laps, thankfully, the little one was already asleep. And Baekhyun, Munhee couldn't even look at his face. Everyone present there could clearly see the dark clouds surrounding over him. 

"Baby, let's get you to your bed. It's sleepy time." Munhee tried to distract the child. 

"Why didn't grandma bring gift for mummy? She brought gifts for everyone!" Miseo mumbled making Munhee feel a crack in her heart. 

"Miseo, sweetheart, grandma did bring gift for mummy. She will hand it to mummy directly. Mummy is on a vacation, remember?" Munhee hated to lie to these innocent souls, but she failed to find any better way. 

"Grandma will meet mummy?" Miseo's head perked up, "I want to meet mummy too!!" Miseo beamed wider, her eyes twinkling just by the thought of seeing her mother after so many days.

 Munhee felt her lungs had no more oxygen left in it. She could give them everything, she could push herself over her own limits for the sake of their happiness, but how could she bring back someone who was not here anymore? 

"It's time for bed, Miseo. No more talking." Munhee jerked up at the sudden cold tone behind her, Baekhyun.

"But I want to m-meet mumm.....mummy" Miseo didn't even complete her sentence as she started crying silently with tiny whimpers. 

"Hush, baby. Please don't cry. I'm sorry." Munhee felt her own eyes stinging but she kept herself strong for the little one. 

"Mom, dad , we'll be back." Baekhyun said before turning to Munhee, "Let's get them to bed." He said as he made his way towards the kids' room while carrying the sleeping girl. 

Munhee turned her eyes to her in-laws, and they shot her a sympathetic smile.  Munhee silently followed after Baekhyun after that. 

  

By the time Munhee reached to the kids' room, Sarang was already tucked in their bed. Munhee raked her eyes over the room, finding him on the balcony. He had his distant gaze over the dim city lights. 

Munhee wanted to comfort him, but knowing the fact that he had never opened up to her in this regard and not to forget the fact that he sees her as the cause for his wife's death, it wouldn't be wise to approach him.

Thus, Munhee concentrated on the still crying girl in her arms. It couldn't be explained with words how much pain she felt seeing the tears strained face of this little being. Munhee couldn't just leave her like that. 

Munhee somehow managed to adjust in the bed  with the girls.  "Don't cry baby. If you cry any longer mama might also cry along." She mumbled as she gently wiped her baby's tears. She tucked the child into her chest to let her feel the warmth of a mother that the kid has been missing. 

Miseo's tiny hands clutched on Munhee's clothes, she buried her head more into the warmth. "Don't cry mama. Mama looks pretty when she smiles." The little one muffled back and this time Munhee couldn't help the tear that slipped her eyes. 

Munhee hurriedly wiped of her tears as she noticed Baekhyun getting back inside from the balcony. 

She patted the baby's head and back for a few minutes as Baekhyun seemed like he was waiting for her. After some moments, Munhee heard Miseo's steady breathing and her tiny hold loosening from Munhee's clothes, indicating that the little one was finally asleep. 

Very slowly and as silently as possible, Munhee detached herself from the sleeping girl and got out of the bed. 

Baekhyun uncrossed his arms and walked out of the room, Munhee again followed after him. Baekhyun stopped after they were out of the kids' room.  He traced his eyes over her features for a second,  "They are staying over for tonight." He mumbled. 

Munhee nodded, it was pretty late for Baekhyun's parents to go back as their house was almost three to four hours journey from here, so they requested them to stay here for the night. 

 "They shouldn't know that we sleep in separate rooms." Baekhyun said as they slowly climbed down the stairs. 

"Don't worry, they won't." Munhee whispered. 

"Mom, dad, why don't you guys get some rest now?" Munhee tried to smile, but she wasn't sure if the smile came out after this long day. 

"Yes, I think we should. My back hurts." Mr. Byun grunted and all of them bid goodnight afterwards. Munhee pretended to follow Baekhyun towards the master bedroom. But when the lights of the guest room were turned off indicating Baekhyun's parents were sleeping now, she returned to her own room.

 

                                           *****

 

 

Munhee heard a knock, but she was way too groggy to even open her both eyes to look at who had entered her room in such early hour.  'Why is he here in early morning?' she thought sleepily. 

She felt her bed dip, and even in her sleepy state she felt utterly confused when she felt  Baekhyun's hand patting her head softly. 

" Oppa, what?" Munhee asked in her groggy voice, little irritated at him for disturbing her sleep.

"I'm not Baekhyun. I'm his mother." A familiar voice said.

Munhee jumped and sat up straight with wide eyes, as if she got caught while stealing something. Well, techniqally she did get caught. 

' I forgot that they are here. And why did I even guess Baekhyun would do something like that! Get back to your senses Mun!  And !! She just saw me sleeping in this room! What do I do now?'  Munhee panicked inwardly.  "M-Mom, good morning." She tried to muster up a smile and calculated her mother-in-law's features in search of any signs of displeasure. 

"Good morning, my child. Did you sleep well?" Baekhyun's mother asked with a gentle smile, but Munhee couldn't feel relieved even with the gentle smile she got, she only nodded dumbly.  "Munhee, dear, please relax. It's okay. I understand." The older lady smiled understandingly. 

 "Y-You are not upset?" Munhee asked, fidgeting with her duvet. 

"I would've been really upset if your marriage was a normal one. But I want to let you know th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter