69.

Heal me (Married to brother-in-law)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sorry for the disturbance, but I have started a new fic, do check it out if you're interested in reading another of my arranged marriage crackhead fic! The name is "Second Lead Syndrome", click on the story's name if you wanna check it out! Thank you and enjoy the relatively short chapter down there! 😇

 

     

 

                                      ________

 

 

Two weeks later...

 

 

"Who was being the wisest person on earth and decided that one month would be enough time to prepare for my wedding?" Munhee asked out loudly as she plopped beside Jisoo - the self declared bridesmaid along with Mina; sarcasm dripping from her every word, as well as frustration. 

"You." Mina and Jisoo reminded her without any mercy. 

"Right. Me!"  Munhee huffed, grimacing at the irony. "I haven't seen my fiancé for two weeks. Fourteen freaking days!" She lastly whined out, her voice almost breaking either out of exhaustion or because she missed Baekhyun too much. 

Though she wasn't in any place to complain, because the man was too busy in managing everything - business, wedding preparations and all. Even though their friends and family were doing as much as they could, Baekhyun was still the one to bear most of the weight since he was the groom; and like Munhee, he had to be there during from smallest to biggest decisions regarding the preparations. The couple had been communicating through phone calls and video calls throughout the time being, but for a greedy heart like Munhee's, it wasn't enough. 

"Girl, you are literally sitting at Byun mansion right now, and you will get to meet him within an hour or so!" Jisoo reminded the hopelessly whining girl.

Currently, Munhee was here, because today, they were going to choose their pre-wedding photoshoot outfits as well as wedding fits. For some bizarre reason, Munhee had accidentally spoken out that they should hold their pre-wedding photoshoot in Japan - because they had a lot of memorable moments there and that place was important for them. And that had successfully earned Baekhyun's excited approval. For this, they had to shove a three nights and two days trip to Japan in their already tight schedule. She had no clue whether her wedding would go well at this point, because things still seemed so scattered that she was dreading that some major plans would remain unattained, and it would lead her wedding ceremony to be a disastrous one.

"Mun, have you sorted out your priorities for your wedding gown?" Her mother-in-law asked as she came out of the guestroom. 

And that was the time when Munhee almost choked on nothing but air.  "Uhh n-no, Mom. I am too confused! I just… don't know what to choose! One day I settle my mind on something, the next day my mind changes." She would probably be the most indecisive bride ever in history, because she really couldn't make up her mind for the love of everything. Since wedding dress would definitely be one of the most important elements for the ceremony and for herself, it was making her even more antsy at the feeling of choosing the wrong dress. After all, it was a one time thing, and this opportunity would never return in her life for the second time - though it already was a second time opportunity for her in the first place. 

"What do I do with this girl!" Her mother had also followed out Baekhyun's mother, and facepalmed at her daughter's indecisiveness. 

"It's okay, Sweetheart. It's natural for a bride to be confused, because every bride wants the best for their wedding. Don't worry, we have two days. If needed, we will stay longer. We're definitely going to find 'The dress' for you."  Mrs. Byun placated Munhee sweetly, unlike her mother who seemed like she wanted to smack her daughter on the . 

And well, they'd all be camping here in Byun mansion for the next two days, since all of them wanted to be a part of the outfit choosing ritual.  

"Thanks, Mom." Munhee leaped forward to cradle Baekhyun's mother in a tight hug for being the sweetest mother-in-law ever. 

The older lady chuckled fondly, and patted her back, "No, thanks to you, for being my daughter-in-law." She cooed lovingly. Munhee used the opportunity to stick her tongue out at her mother, showing off how she was still showered with adoration even if she was being a whiny hopelessly indecisive bride. 

"Okay, I think we should start for our destination now." Her mother rolled her eyes, but smiled nonetheless, happy to see the bond between her daughter and her other mother; and urged everyone to get going. 

"I'll bring the kids."  Munhee nodded and gestured everyone to head out, while she made her way to the playroom. 

"Mama, we also want a wedding dress!" Miseo excitedly demanded as soon as Munhee entered to fetch them.

Their mother fondly laughed at their innocent but adorable demand. The little ones must've heard about this topic, since it was the hottest topic in their families for the past few days.  "Of course, loves. You will get your wedding dresses when you'd get married."  Smiling, she answered them.

"Really?" Miseo gasped.

"When will we get married?" Sarang bounced on her heels as the trio of mother-daughter made their way out. 

"When you will be big like Mama!" She cooed while leading them out.

"What are the little ones talking about?" Mina asked, when Munhee and the kids reached outside.

"We will get married when we will be big like Mama!" Sarang quipped an answer even before Munhee or Miseo could start. So the other little one ended up nodding enthusiastically. 

"I really wish all the luck to the two poor boys, whoever they will be. Baekhyun will be ten times more difficult than his own father-in-law." Jisoo snorted. 

"Hey! He isn't that bad. He is just overprotective of his daughters because he loves them!" Munhee immediately defended the father of her babies. But somehow in her mind, she could already picture how scary of a father-in-law the male would be. 

"Hey, don't badmouth my son-in-law, Jisoo! What if Baekhyun and Munhee births a girl in future, and your son Jino would be the one facing Baekhyun to get his daughter?" Munhee's mother butted in to defend Baekhyun. "So, keep thinking the positive thoughts, will you?"  

Jisoo nodded and beamed up, "Oh my! It would be so dramatic but sweet!" The pregnant girl squealed, making everyone laugh.

"We should go now!" Munhee hollered, she was already getting impatient at the thought of finally having to meet the love of her life after all these long days; and then all of them parted into two cars to reach their destination. 

 

 

                                           _______

 

 

They reached the boutique Baekhyun and their wedding planner Lucas and his team had sorted out. Munhee's jaw dropped when she entered the enormous shop, which was filled with all sorts of dresses, though the most eye-catching view was the rows and rows of pretty wedding gowns presented there. However, another worry enveloped her mind, the more choices, the more confusion. 

 'Ugh! How will I choose my dress!'  The girl cried in her mind, even though she had been dreaming about her and Baekhyun's wedding for a long time, she had never put much emphasis on her looks in her imagination, because well, her imagination would mostly get stuck onto how handsome Byun Baekhyun would be looking in his wedding suit and how he would be waiting for her at the altar with open arms.

"Noona!" Jongin also entered behind them along with Lucas; immediately getting his hug from the bride, bringing her out of her thought-land.

"You look too happy!" Munhee commented as they broke the friendly hug.

"Of course, I'm happy. Hyung has just asked me to be his best man!" The younger male announced giddily.  "Ugh I felt like I was getting proposed for marriage!" He snickered, making Munhee playfully roll her eyes at him.

"That's great, Jongin. Though, I thought he had already asked you last week. Because he had told me that he's going to make you and Junmyeon his best men back at that time." Munhee would've left a sarcastic comment as a reply to the younger male's silly comment, but she was happy to see the grinning male nonetheless. 

"Maybe he was shying away! That's why it took him one week!" Jongin joked, making the girl laugh. "Anyway, I have a message for you. Hyung is waiting for you at the right corridor outside."

"Huh? Isn't he coming here? Why is he waiting outside?" Munhee asked confusedly, but was already preparing to sneak away before any of the moms could notice her. She was certain, if they started their dress hunting session now, there was no escaping from here.  

"He is. But he said you two will get busy choosing outfits. So, he wanted to meet you beforehand." Jongin explained. "Let me you outside."  

The pair slipped away from the shop, walking towards the seemingly vacant corridor. Munhee's eyes caught Baekhyun's back facing her, as he conversed into his phone, that's when Jongin gestured to her that he was leaving them alone and he was gone.

Finding Baekhyun alone, something mischievous played into her mind. Trying not to make any sound, she silently walked towards her fiancé, and then she did what she used to do with her father, a surprise back hug; though she didn't use much force since he might be having an important conversation over the phone, so she held him gently. And when he glanced sideways, still a bit surprised, his lips stretched wide as he noticed her; she rewarded him with a loving peck on his squishy cheek. He shook his head like a strict teacher, and pointed his lips instead, finally earning another peck at the mentioned place.

"Talk to you later, thanks." After getting his rewards, he immediately ended the call. Turning around while pocketing his phone, he engulfed his love with a tight hug, the long gap in seeing each other had definitely impacted him as much as it did on Munhee. 

"I've missed you so much!" Munhee huffed, burying her head into the crook of his neck, taking in his comforting scent. 

"Me too, Love." The male whispered back, unwilling to let go of her. But he also had to see her face for a little more, because he was never going to have enough of seeing her; so he leaned back, tracing his lovestruck gaze at every detail of her face. "Are my eyes not working fine or did you just get even more beautiful?" He asked, looking baffled.

Munhee couldn't help but let out a shy smile, the fact that she could literally hear and see the genuine surprise in his features as he kept training his focused eyes all over her face - no trace of playfulness - it was ought to make her abashed. "Well, look at yourself. As if you haven't gotten more handsome!" She countered back after getting over the wave of fluster. Though she wasn't lying, this man had the ability to become more handsome with every passing day, she was the living proof of witnessing this sorcery of him. 

Baekhyun only laughed in a bit shy manner, and dived in for a nice and warm kiss. Though it ended up in a dramatic way, as Baekhyun had pinned her against the wall of the vacant space. "Why are we here by the way?" Taking a small break in between, Munhee asked her curious question a bit breathlessly. 

"Isn't it obvious, Sweetheart? We're here..." He leaned down to smooch her slightly parted lips, "...for this." Then stated slyly. 

Munhee rolled her eyes, but liking it too very much. "Our family, friends and wedding planner are waiting for us though." She reminded him nonetheless, since she was aware of the high possibility of them getting lost in each other in such a way, that could end up having the others wait for them unnecessarily.

Baekhyun softly groaned, but nodded anyway. "Fine. Let's go." They started walking back towards the boutique. "I am actually.... dreaded to see you in a wedding gown, Sweetheart."  The male lowly murmured to her, his hold slightly tightened around her hand while he revealed his thoughts.

"Huh? Why?" The soon-to-be-bride asked in confusion. 

"I..." It seemed like he wasn't able to search for the proper words to explain what he was trying to convey. "I just.... I just know you will look too... I mean way too beautiful than I can handle. What if I faint or something? Or worse, what if I start crying like an idiot in front of everyone?" He let out a huge breath after expressing his inner turmoil. 

Munhee was mum for a few moments, only silently staring and inwardly gaping at the male; and of course, her heart was leaping inside her ribcage at his words. 'Gosh, this man!' Earning an urging look from her fiancé, she cleared and decided to express her own wishes regarding this phase of their wedding preparation,  "Umm actually, I was thinking about not including you while I'd be choosing my wedding dress. And I myself don't want to see you choose yours. I want us to see each other in our wedding outfits on our wedding day." And coming to think of it, it would be better for her heart as well, since she was certain she was going to react the same way as Baekhyun was fearing himself to.

They were already stepping inside the store, their friends and family members were already picking out some dresses in advance to help the bride. Baekhyun squeezed her hand,  "I think that's a better idea. And moreover, if I see you wearing a wedding gown, I will be too tempted to do heck with everything and get married to you right here, right now." He whispered into her ears, earning a flustered giggle from her. 

"Don't tempt me with your ideas!" She warned him in between her laughter.

"It's not funny, Baby! I am two hundred percent serious about this." The male insisted. 

"Well, aren't they our lovely lovebirds?" Jisoo was the first one to notice the couple, so she brought everyone's attention to them.  

"If you two are done, then can we start? We have a long list of things to choose!" Munhee's mother reminded the couple. 

Both of them winced at the strict aura from the older woman, and nodded. "Let's start." Baekhyun agreed. "We shall choose the pre-wedding shoot's outfits first." 

So, all the men and the kids found themselves sitting on the couches, while the females flocked together in shortlisting the probable dresses. Munhee and Baekhyun had planned the photoshoot to be in four sessions, three sessions as a couple session and one special session with the babies. For that, they'd need wedding outfits, as well as some formal and casual outfits. Lucas's right hand Hani had come up with some outfit ideas which would go well with the concept, so it helped them pick out the dresses from the sea of outfits. 

The first one they ended up choosing, was the casual one; it was a pretty off-shoulder blue floral dress that reached till Munhee's knees. Everyone approved it the moment they saw her in it, so it was easy. Next was the formal one, for that she had to trial a few dresses and lastly ended up going for a long fish cut lavender dress, it was made of organza fabric, sweetheart neckline and sleeveless. 

Munhee was hesitant in choosing a sweetheart neckline one, but when she had noticed her starry eyed lover, she just knew that it was the one. 

Next one was the toughest to decipher, since it would be a wedding gown as well - which she'd just wear for the photoshoot, but a wedding gown nonetheless. Even though they had agreed on not seeing each other during wedding outfit choosing, it was the pre-wedding one, so they deemed it was okay to be present during it. 

Back to Munhee's current dilemma, she had already tried five dresses, and even though they were kind of alright, she still couldn't manage to make up her mind on one, added with the different opinions of her friends and elders - everything seemed even more confusing for her. And this time, her fiancé didn't help either, because he would be gaping with lovestruck eyes at every gown she would put on, making her even more stressed.  

"You're no help!" She ended up softly hissing at the male as he gave the same reaction to the sixth gown. She couldn't even imagine how tough it would be for her to choose the right wedding gown when the time would come, she'd probably end up trialing half of the dresses here.

"What did I do? You look absolutely beautiful in each of them!" Baekhyun defended himself while pouting. 

"There's like ten more dresses inside, I can't possibly trial each one of them! I have to choose my wedding gown later as well!" Munhee sighed, feeling and looking absolutely hopeless - she didn't even need to see the mirror to know how her face might've been contoured in a stressful hue. 

"You know what!" Baekhyun stood up, he couldn't remain sitting like that when his woman was having such trouble. He took long strides towards the small round platform where Munhee was standing, it was the center so that everyone could see the bride's dress clearly, and helped her get down from there. "Let's go." He murmured before walking them towards the back.

"Where-" Munhee stopped her question midway, because there was only one place in this direction, that was the changing room. Her face heated up when she heard their friends cheering at that, of course in a suggestive way. She didn't dare to look behind her back and witness their mischievous faces, neither she was ready to see the moms' faces, she only continued to follow her fiancé silently. 

Baekhyun locked the door to the large changing space, and brought her towards the remaining dresses piled up at the hangers. "Sweetheart, when I say you look beautiful in everything, I don't just bluff." He started sincerely.  

"But I can't possibly wear all of them! I have to choose one. And you saying all of them look good on me, is making me more indecisive!" Munhee whined back, forgetting her previous embarrassed state.

"You can take all of them if that makes it easy for you." The male sighed and told her seriously.  

Munhee rolled her eyes at his impossible suggestion, "No! I only need one!" she protested. 

"Fine. First, you'd need to relax. So close your eyes, and take a few slow breaths."  Baekhyun instructed her calmly, rubbing her shoulders with his thumbs in a placating manner. When Munhee did as said, and opened her eyes back, he gave her an encouraging smile,  "And now, you need to clear your head." Saying so, his smile turned a bit cheeky, and without giving her any time to contemplate how she would be clearing her head, he captured in a loving yet passionate lip-lock. 

"I... I'm blank."  The girl muttered in between her small pants after the kiss had ended. When he had suggested to clear her head, she didn't think it would equal to numbing her all other senses and rendering her with only the sense of attraction thriving in her whole body. 

He chuckled onto her face, causing her to involuntarily shudder.  "That's good. Now we can pick out the one that you prefer the most." He mumbled and started skimming through all the available options. "You said you want a simple one for the photoshoot, right? How about this one?" He picked out the most simple design among the already too-simple looking gowns present there. 

Munhee raked her eyes at the gown, she did pick it out with the other options, but she had been reluctant to trial it as it was too plain. But now that it was held by Baekhyun, she kind of liked the simplicity of it.  "I want to try it on." She nodded and took the dress from his grasp. 

"Go on."  He smiled and leaned towards the closest wall, crossing his arms over his chest while he kept his gaze fixed in her way. 

"Aren't y-you going out?" Munhee cursed herself for stuttering like an idiot, but she didn't move a muscle as she waited for him to walk out or at least turn around.  "Go wait outside with others, I'll get changed and be there." She again told him, feeling drying down as it didn't seem like the male had any plans to do as said.

Baekhyun tilted his head lazily, his smile widening, surprisingly no hint of mischief in his eyes. "You don't have to go out there. Don't think about what others will say, or what the others like. Do and choose whatever you yourself like, it's about your big day." And knowingly or unknowingly, he had given her a new boost of energy not only for this choosing session, but also for the ultimate gown choosing session as well.  

She gave him a smile full of appreciation, "What would've I done without you?" She cooed, earning a cute nose-scrunch from the male. Then she casted her eyes back to the dress in her hold,  "Umm are you seriously not going out?"

"Nope."  Came his fast reply. "Do you need me to go out? Or turn back?" He asked her softly. Actually, turning out wouldn't ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter