37.

Heal me (Married to brother-in-law)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

4 months later......

 

 

 

 

Munhee was currently having a good time at Baekhyun's old bedroom, in his parent's house. She flipped through the pages of the photo album, which consisted numerous photos of Baekhyun, from the very day of his birth, till his high school days. There weren't any photo album of him after he graduated from high school since he thought it was nothing but cringe,  information source: Mrs. Byun.

Munhee loved going through the photos of this particular album again and again everytime they would visit here. Baekhyun was super adorable in his childhood, no doubt Miseo and Sarang were the two most adorable babies she'd ever seen since they owned almost all facial features like their father, effect of the good genes.

Baekhyun had objected when the first time his mother attempted to show Munhee his childhood photos, nagging something about the pictures being embarrassing, but no child can win against their mothers no matter how much they've grown up, so Baekhyun ended up sulking with his mother while she showed Munhee these photo albums. Last time when they visited, her mother-in-law even showed her some cute but mostly embarrassing videos of mini Baekhyun. Munhee could only guess that Baekhyun was a happy kid, and too much playful for his own good. It was as if she couldn't even match the Baekhyun from the photos and videos with the Baekhyun she lived with. 

"Hey, Sweetheart!"  Mrs. Byun entered Baekhyun's bedroom and smiled seeing Munhee.  "What are you doing here all alone?"  She asked while she sat beside Munhee on the bed, her smile doubled when she noticed Munhee with the photobook.

Munhee was alone since everyone were busy gossiping downstairs, that would include her parents, Baekhyun, his parents and the kids. They were currently having some sort of family gathering at Baekhyun's parent's house. Munhee had excused herself saying that she needed to use washroom. After doing her business, she stopped to admire Baekhyun's old bedroom since she really liked visiting this particular room. Maybe because this room gave her some glimpse of how Baekhyun used to be in his childhood, what kind of music he liked judging by the posters of music bands hanging on the walls. And if not for this room, she wouldn't  ever know he was a black belter in Hapkido. 

"Nothing special. Just watching some old photos. They're really cute."  Munhee answered while smiling back.

"So... You said over the phone that you wanted to tell me something? I think this is the best time for us to talk, no one is here to interrupt."  Mrs. Byun asked, looking quite curious. 

At the mention of that, Munhee perked up,  "Oh, yeah, I have a surprise for all of you."  Munhee said, her smile getting wider at the idea of the surprise.

Mrs. Byun looked at Munhee intently before her eyes widen in sudden realization,  "Oh my god!" She gasped almost dramatically, making Munhee a little taken aback that she hadn't even mention about the whole surprise thing, but her mother-in-law looked already too thrilled,   "Oh god! I was waiting for this news for so long! Finally, you and Baek are going to have a baby!"   The older woman squealed happily, her eyes almost turned glassy out of happiness while she trapped Munhee into a bear hug.

Munhee could literally fall out of the bed hearing her mother-in-law if not for the said female holding her so tightly.  "Um m-mom, it's not like that!"  Munhee managed to pry her hands away, so that she could clear the misunderstanding. 

"What? Are you not going to have a baby?" Mrs. Byun frowned in confusion, but then again, her eyes lit up,   "Gosh, don't tell me it's not just a baby, but babies! Wow, my son just keep scoring doubles. How many weeks has it been? But you don't look like you're carrying twins. I mean your belly looks as flat as ever!"  Mrs. Byun exclaimed with a proud smile making the girl grimace. 

"Not even that.."  Munhee squeaked, she didn't like to break the older women's heart, but her assumptions were getting really weird.  "I don't look like that because I'm not p-pregnant, mom."  Munhee softly delivered the news.  "The surprise I'm talking about,  is actually about Baekhyun's birthday celebration." 

It took a whole minute for her mother-in-law to cope up with the disappointment, then she smiled a little at Munhee.  "Sorry, dear. I keep getting over excited at the thought of having another grandson or granddaughter. Okay, let's end this topic here. So, tell me what are you planning about Baek's birthday celebration?" She quipped, Munhee was relieved that the older woman didn't look that much hurt after that.

 

 

 

 

 

                                            _________

 

 

 

 

By the time Munhee and her mother-in-law managed to sneakily include everyone's approval regarding Munhee's plan, excluding Baekhyun, it was already time for them to take a leave. 

The two moms and Munhee expected to get Baekhyun's permission regarding their plan, which was just a simple family trip to the popular tourist spot Jeju island for a week, before they'd leave. But all three of them were fidgeting nervously, since asking Baekhyun to leave his works for a whole long week and that even for celebrating his birthday? it was definitely an attempt to shove bare hands into the lion's mouth. 

"Yah, he's your husband. You should know how to persuade him. You tell him!"  Munhee's mother, who was pretty brave regarding any other matter, was also cowering at the thought and tried to push her daughter into the lion's cave alone. 

"Me? You guys said you will help me!" Munhee whisper yelled, feeling betrayed at that.

"Munhee, let's get going."  Baekhyun, who was already prepared to leave, called for her. Munhee was getting more tensed, it meant they didn't have much time to talk with Baekhyun, and there was no way Munhee would ever attempt this while they're back at their house and there's no moms to have her back. 

"He's already all set to leave! Mun, you go ahead, we'll have your back."  Mrs. Byun whispered from the back.

" I h-haven't even thought what and how to say!" Munhee objected, her not-so-strong attempt to save her .  "What if he scolds me?" 

Munhee could hear the scoff her mother let out.  "Oh please! We all know he would do anything but scolding you."  Her mother stated way to confidently. After all these months, Baekhyun had been nothing but the caring friend in her life. Munhee had to admit her mother was somewhat right. The male had always been patience with her. Well excluding the two or three time he lost control over his temper and snapped at her, but Munhee already knew those times it was her fault to trigger her husband's patience. And also, one of the reason of Baekhyun's rage was Munhee trying to induce him for taking a break from work since he got fever at that time.

That time they argued for Baekhyun being adamant of not taking even two single days' break, and now they're talking about a week's break? Even though it was her plan, but suddenly she was regretting planning the trip as a six nights & seven days trip.

"Yes, Munhee. I know my son. He adores you. It's only you and the kids who can make him do anything!"  Munhee heard her mother-in-law whispering gleefully. Munhee wanted to correct the older woman about her being able to make Baekhyun do anything, but both of the moms started persuading her again.

 

Munhee was about to rebute, wanting to point out that they were the moms and Baekhyun would at least listen to their whole talk before rejecting the plan, while she was almost certain that her husband would not even spare a glance before defying the proposal the moment she'd utter the words  'leave' & 'work' in a same sentence. But before she could attempt to coax them to not be coward, she saw Baekhyun coming towards the kitchen area where the three of them stood. 

"What are you doing standing there? We should leave!" Baekhyun told her while he walked towards her.

"N-Nothing.." Munhee stammered while dismissing, missing the chance to start the topic.   "Let's g--aahhh"  Munhee's sentence interrupted with her own surprised screech when the moms pushed her towards Baekhyun's direction. Out of nervousness, they might've pushed her with a little too much force since Munhee lost her balance. The girl closed her eyes shut tightly and waited for the impact of a painful hard fall she was expecting as Baekhyun was still a few steps away, so there's no way someone can stop her from kissing the ground.

But that didn't come, instead, she found herself clashing into a sturdy place, instead of painfully landing into the harsh ground, she found herself into someone's firm but warm embrace,  Baekhyun. Out of instinct her hands clutched the material of her husband's shirt from both sides. She could also hear the distant voices of her babies gasping something like 'Woah! Daddy saved Mama like a superhero!' along with some more gasps from the elders.

 "What are you guys even doing?"  Baekhyun grunted at the impact of pulling Munhee into his chest, while he glared at the moms. His arms wrapped around Munhee safely, making the girl's heart bounce rapidly.  "She could've fall flat on the ground!"  He added, his tone not happy at all.

"Hey.."  He turned his attention back at the frozen girl in his arms. Cupping her face gently he slightly pushed back Munhee's face so that he could take a look at her features.

Hearing his soothing voice calling her so tenderly, helped her to come out of her initial shock and she opened her eyes as a response to his call,    "Are you alright?"  He asked, his face scrunched up in concern. His caring, worry filled voice sounded sweeter than honey to Munhee's ears, making her want to melt then and there. Munhee managed to give him a nod to which the male's face relaxed a little if not wholly, and then feeling everyone's eyes on her, she flushed and gently distanced herself from Baekhyun.

"I'm alright."  She assured her husband, who went back to glaring at the older females.  "Baekhyun.."  She tucked the sleeve of Baekhyun's shirt to gain his attention again,  "It's not their fault. I tripped on my own, they just gave me a slight push which wasn't even powerful enough to do any harm. Stop giving them your scary glares. They are our moms!" Munhee tried to placate the seemingly raging male. 

Baekhyun opened his mouth, probably attempting to throw one or two lectures, but was interrupted when the moms rushed to Munhee,   "Oh god, I'm so sorry, child. Are you alright?"  Mrs. Byun asked, her tone guilty. Her mother also gave her a sorry gesture while rubbing her back to relax her. 

Munhee nodded at the both of them,  "Don't be sorry, mom. I'm really alright."  Her heart was actually swelling seeing all of the people in her life being so caring, protective and sweet. 

Munhee heard Baekhyun sigh, she whipped her head at his way, finding his face looking less raged now, that made Munhee let out an inward sigh of relief as well.

" We should get going if you're alright."  Her husband told her, and waited for her to untangle herself from their mothers' hold.

"Wait, Baek. We have something to talk about with you."  Mrs. Byun stepped forward. "Munhee and us planned a family trip. It will be for a few days." she started the dreaded topic. 

"Are you guys taking Munhee and the kids with you?"  Baekhyun asked, he looked like the gears of his brain already started running as he thought of that.

"No, it's me taking everyone on a trip. And that everyone also includes you."  Munhee joined in, since it was her plan to begin with, she would feel guilty if Baekhyun reprimanded his mother alone.

" Where?" He asked curtly, already disliking the idea.

"Jeju island." Munhee's mother delivered.

"You guys can go if you want. I have work."  Baekhyun shot. In Baekhyun's dictionary,  'I have work' was the indirect meaning of 'No.' 

"Son, you work literally everyday! Take a break. Munhee's already booked all the tickets and hotel rooms. Can't you do it for us?"  Mrs. Byun insisted her son, trying to give her flaring son her puppy eyes.

Baekhyun eyed Munhee at the mention of her name making the girl gulp. Then he again looked back at his mother,  "Munhee has planned everything, right? So I'd like to talk about it with Munhee, alone."  He told her mother with finality.  "I'm going. Stay here if you want."  Baekhyun told Munhee curtly before walking towards outside with the kids.

"I'll try my best. Keep your preparations going on. I'll update you guys. Bye."  Munhee hastily told and bid the both pair of parents, grabbed her purse from the sofa before rushing outside, in fright of a raging Baekhyun actually leaving her here.

Sprinting to the outside, Munhee found Baekhyun and the kids already settled in the car. Car's engine was humming, but Baekhyun sat there with crossed arms. Looking close to a sulking giant kid. That thought quirked the corner of her lips. But she forced herself in a neutral face before moving into the car. When Munhee was done fastening her seatbelts, without giving her a single glance Baekhyun drove them away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                             ________

 

 

 

 

 

Munhee knew she had to start her mission to persuade Baekhyun if she wanted to make this trip happen, since there was only two days left, well technically there's only two nights and one day left. But she was already scared at the idea of approaching Baekhyun. The male himself seemed like he didn't want to start this conversation even though he had said back at his parent's place that he'd talk with Munhee regarding this matter. 

 'You've got to do this now. Because now or n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter