13.

Heal me (Married to brother-in-law)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Within fifteen minutes, Byun family was good to go out. Baekhyun helped the kids to settle in the backseat of his car. Munhee contemplated whether it would irritate her bilious husband if she seated shotgun. 

Baekhyun closed the back door of his car and without sparing her a single glance he opened front door for her. Munhee was a few seconds late to react to his generous offer and take the front seat, which made Baekhyun glance back at her as she was standing behind him,  " Get in." He ordered.

Munhee nodded and hurriedly took the seat before he changed his mind. Baekhyun closed the door of her side and took the driver seat. 

Munhee kept glancing at him as he drove through the ten minutes path for the supermarket. "Do you want to say something?" Baekhyun must've noticed her eyes on him as he asked her. 

Munhee smiled at him, "Thanks, Oppa."  

"For what?" He asked while keeping his eyes glued to the road ahead. 

"For the ride." She replied.  

"Not a big deal. It's weekend, I don't have any work anyways." He shrugged. 

Munhee's smile grew as she nodded back. Her face might have seemed calm, but inside her, her stomach was churning in a good way. Baekhyun seemed to be in a good mood today. They were conversing like civil people. It's a big improvement in Munhee's eyes. 

"So-" Baekhyun caught her attention as she was kind of lost in her own thoughts. Munhee hummed back turning her eyes toward him.  "What kind of car do you want?" He asked.

Munhee controlled the urge to roll her eyes. Yet she replied calmly, "Oppa, I don't want any car. I hardly go out now. Even if I'd need a ride, I'd just use uber or any other public transport." 

Baekhyun shook his head , his eyes still fixed to the front,  "Those might be inconvenient. I am not saying this for you, it will be inconvenient for Miseo and Sarang as they've never used public transport." 

"Then why are you asking my choice regarding cars?" Munhee asked him, little disappointed how he easily showed he didn't give a damn about her. 

Baekhyun hit the brake, Munhee didn't even notice that they'd already reached their destination. He fully faced her now, his brows knitted in irritation, "Can't you just give a simple answer to my simple question?" He didn't spat at her like he always does, but his tone wasn't gentle either.  "Isn't it obvious that you need a car? You're also uncomfortable in using public transport. That's why I am here, driving you off."

Did she say Baekhyun seemed to be in a good mood?  Cut that out. He was rather nagging more than usual. 'What's up with him?'

Munhee broke their eye contact, she heaved a sigh, "I just don't want you to spend unnecessarily on me."  She mumbled, loudly enough for her husband to hear. 

As the car being on stop, Miseo and Sarang were also indulged in the conversation of the elders, there heads turned from Baekhyun to Munhee, then to Baekhyun again like audience watching live show. 

"It's my money. Why would you bother?" Now he spat. 

It was true that Munhee felt like she had been spending a lot of money, money that she didn't earn, for buying useless stuffs such as dresses, makeup which she hardly used, household tools, accessories. Untill recently she didn't even realize that she was spending money for nothing but to stay out of boredom. And she felt guilty. Seeing how hard Baekhyun worked, how much stressful was his way of earning money, she felt really guilty that she'd been spending without any conscience. It felt like Baekhyun was compensating her sacrifices by giving her credit cards and letting her buy whatever she'd even think of. And no matter how she thought of it, it didn't feel good. She wasn't a er for money and expensive things like some other girls of her age.

"But it's me who is spending the money. It doesn't feel right to spend the money you earned by working hard- like some sandpaper." Munhee snapped back, unable to control the piled up frustration that suddenly rose till . 

"If it makes you feel better, then I'd let you know that I feel good when you spend my money. I own a whole company and I won't go bankrupt even if I buy you the biggest mall in Seoul." Baekhyun snapped back, eyes glaring at her as he ruffled his hair out of frustration.

"Why are you sounding like you are my sugardaddy who has lots and lots of money and you will feel pleased to see me spending your money?"  Before Munhee could contemplate what was spurting out, she had already said those words. Munhee immediately pressed her lips shut, avoiding Baekhyun's shocked and glaring gaze, she turned her head while praying that the kids shouldn't hear her. 

 She internally cursed herself to notice both of the kids' attention was on them. If it was bad enough to argue before them, then it's ten times worse to use dirty words before them. 

"Mama why is daddy your sugardaddy?" Miseo being the older and more attentive one asked Munhee.  

Munhee bit her lips in frustration, kids were fast learner and somehow they had a knack in learning things they shouldn't more profoundly. She could hear Baekhyun groan, probably for the same reason as out of their whole conversation the little one picked out the very word that she shouldn't have heard at this age. 

Munhee raked her brain to say something plausible so that it wouldn't get triggered in the kids head, but her own head was spinning after the long argument. Baekhyun beat her to it as he started after clearing his throat,  "We add sugar to someone's name if the person treats us sweetly like sugar?" He managed some bull and Munhee prayed that the kids wouldn't stuck on this topic anymore. 

"Then mama also sugar?" Sarang quipped in beaming cutely.

Baekhyun glanced at Munhee and faked a smile toward the kids, "Yes, mama is so sweet. She is sugarmama." He gritted unwantedly. 

"And my babies are the sweetest. Now let's forget about this okay? Let's go, who wants candy?" She asked to distract them and bot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter