35.

Heal me (Married to brother-in-law)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

( I have updated thrice in the span of 7 days. So, don't miss chapter 33 & 34 before you start reading this)

 

 

 

 

The next week went majorly uneventful as Munhee tried her best to avoid talking with Baekhyun so that he wouldn't stab her with his queries related to Sehun. It was the day before her graduation day, when she went to talk with Baekhyun on her own. 

"Tomorrow is my graduation ceremony."  Munhee started from to the point while Baekhyun wore his tie standing in front of the vanity mirror. 

Baekhyun seemed slightly taken aback that she finally came out of her cocoon and talked with him, that, Munhee saw through the reflection in the mirror.  "I know."  But he recovered fast and replied. Munhee had no idea of how in the earth he already knew about her graduation ceremony date where she didn't remember ever telling him about that.

Munhee fidgeted with her fingers as she was fighting with the sudden unease in talking to him after avoiding him like a plaque for many days.   "I was thinking of going to my parent's place today. With the kids, of course."  Munhee let her husband know.

Baekhyun finished perfecting his tie as he now turned back, his form leaning into the vanity table, arms crossed over his chest. For a moment, Munhee thought he might be against her idea. Though there weren't any reason, at least in her knowledge, for which he would oppose her proposal of visiting her parents, whereas she only visited her parents for once in the past two months.   "You can go if you want so. Uncle Jae can take you guys. Will you be back within tomorrow?" 

 Munhee nodded, though she was going to go even if he had opposed. But asking this was just an initial push to herself so that she could ask him regarding what she really wanted to.  "Yeah, we'll be back. Will you go as well? Not today, but tomorrow? I mean, I know tomorrow's a weekday, but it would be...nice to have you there."  Munhee stated nervously.

She knew she should do the opposite and make sure he shouldn't be present there as there's always a high risk of him bumping with her friends and them finding out about her relation with Baekhyun. But it was her graduation ceremony, if her sister was alive, she would've definitely be there to celebrate the day with her. Myunghee might've even dragged Baekhyun with her as well, saying that it's a big day of her sister's life and he should be there as her one and only brother-in-law. So, Myunghee being absent from her life, there's not many people left to celebrate this day with her. And what she saw from their seniors' graduation ceremonies, that pupils mostly tend to stay and celebrate with their families on this day. So, she clinged onto the hope that her friends would also be too busy with their families to keep a keen eyes at hers. 

"I'll see about this. Can't promise you on it, have some urgent matters to handle in office."  Baekhyun replied nonchalantly. Munhee nodded at him, she didn't want to admit that she felt a little down at the thought of not having him there. Maybe it's for the best?    "Have you decided what to wear at the ceremony?"  He asked seeing the girl digging her head in her closet. 

"Do I need anything special to wear?"  Munhee never got why people specially girls made such a fuss about graduation dress. Well, wouldn't their more than half body will be covered with the long black coat thingy? Then why getting a headache over it? 

"It's your graduation ceremony!"  Baekhyun gave her an 'Of course' look. 

"I'll pick something out from here. Not a big deal. I have too many!"  Munhee waved her hands at him. True, her closet was filled with many new untouched dresses she had ordered but never wore, so she shouldn't face any trouble in choosing one from there. 

Baekhyun looked like he was about to say something about her statement, but then he decided against it and nodded at her,  "Okay, then. We should get going now."  Saying this the male left the room. Munhee tiptoed to follow his figure entering into the kids' room,  she also tailed along as the kids have drawing classes for today's routine and she's gonna tag along with them.   

Munhee had already dressed the kids in their cute matching orange-red skirts with orange tops. Since it's drawing class, the school didn't pressurize the students to wear school uniform.  The four of them discarded downstairs to have a light breakfast before leaving for their respective destinations. 

  As their most repeated routine, Baekhyun had dropped them at the kids' school. He kissed the kids, bidding them bye for next one and a half day as they would be with Munhee in their grandparent's place, also throwing a 'Text me when you reach there'  at her. The next two hours were enjoyable as Munhee got to see all cute classmates of her babies  enjoying their fun drawing class, they allowed the gurdians to attend and see the environment of the class on this day of week.  Though, they allowed the gurdians to attend with their kids' for the first whole month as the kids of really young age were their students, and kids tend to cry and show tantrums initially if they are left alone in an unknown place with unknown faces. 

As for her babies, the first two weeks were really hard for them to suddenly cope with the new environment and new people. But the constant support from teachers and Munhee herself, made them understand how the school thing worked. 

As for today's drawing class, Miseo drew her stuff toys, and Sarang drew flowers. It was a free-to-will class, where students weren't instructed to draw one particular thing. Instead, they let the students draw whatever they wanted and let their imagination flow naturally. This school's flexibility was one of the reason why Munhee and Baekhyun had chosen it for the kids.

 After their class ended, Munhee and the kids made their way out of the school, where her Driver, Uncle Jae was waiting for them with Munhee's car. Uncle Jae smiled and waved at the kids when they reached near the car. Uncle Jae was initially Baekhyun's father's driver. He had served Byun family for over twenty five years. And when Baekhyun requested his father for a trusted driver, undoubtedly Uncle Jae was the first choice. Munhee could understand why Baekhyun called him uncle rather than calling him formally, since the older male was friendly and kind, always smiling, loyal. So, now, all of them just settled to call him Uncle Jae. 

 

After reaching home, Munhee fed the kids some light snacks before going on her hunting mission to search a good dress that would be wearable in such ceremony, she also had to search in the babies' closet to find their outfits which would match with her. When Munhee found something wearable for the three of them, she packed their clothes and prepared the three of them ready to go.

 

 

 

 

 

                                               ******

 

 

 

 

 

"My daughter!"  Munhee's mom squealed seeing her daughter after almost one month, and trapped her in an air blocking hug.  "My little angels!" Then she attacked the babies with squishy hugs. Munhee smiled at the feeling of seeing the happy faces. 

She saw her father waved and smiled at her while he was talking over the phone. Something mischievous cooked in Munhee's head and she grabbed the opportunity to finalize it when her father turned his back at their direction while still talking. She silently padded till she was standing just behind her father and waited for him to end the call. The moment he ended the call, Munhee jumped and gave him a backhug while wrapping her hands around his neck hollaring a loud 'Dad', a gesture both father and daughter were familiar with as she's been doing this since she was a little girl.

Burst of laughters were heard from the pair of father-daughter, also the kids as they watched the playful side of their Mama,   "Yah! You're not a kid anymore! And I'm getting older, I can't carry you on my back anymore!"  Her father said between his laugh, but did nothing to untangle Munhee's hands from his neck. 

Munhee released her grip and went in front of his father to busk in a proper hug.   "Missed you, my little brat."  He sighed and kissed the crown of his daughter. The gesture that Munhee missed so much and also out of nowhere it reminded her of Baekhyun, him and her father were almost the same when it came to doting on their daughters. 

"Missed you too, dad." Munhee muffled, tightening the hug with a warm smile. 

"Okay, let go of me now, let me meet my grandchildren too!"  The older male joked and broke the hug to kiss and hug the little ones as well.

After an enjoyable lunch, Munhee and her mother sat in their master bedroom, while the babies were watching some TV show with their grandpa on the downstairs. 

"Mun, how are you?"  Her mother finally got to ask, and by the simple question, she meant how her life as a mother, as a wife and as overall going. "Is Baekhyun treating you well?" Her mother traced her finger over Munhee's wedding ring while she hold her hands and waited for her daughter to speak up.

"Yes, mom. He's being nothing but a caring gentleman."  Munhee replied while smiling reassuringly.  Her answer was honest though, even after everything, she couldn't deny that ever since he'd apologized to her, he's really being the caring oppa he used to be to her. Although, everything was and probably still a little bit awkward between them, but it was still good enough than his previous attitude. 

"I'm so glad to hear that." Her mother sighed happily. The happiness of her mother knew no bounds when Munhee told her about Baekhyun's apology, minus Baekhyun's condition as the male requested her to not let anyone else from the family know and cause them unnecessary worry.  

"Mom, have you got what I told you to get?"  Munhee asked.

"Of course, it arrived just yesterday. Your timing is great." Her mother giggled and excitedly went to her closet to bring something out and got back on the bed with Munhee. 

Munhee took the crafted wooden box, that was the trademark of their traditional family jeweler, and carefully opened it. She smiled seeing the design of the jewelry, satisfied with the final product. "It looks nice." She mused.

"Yeah, looks nice. But the necklace chain should've been a bit thicker!"  Her mother pointed out. 

Munhee shook her head at her mother,  "No, mom. It's perfect. And I didn't have much budget to make it thicker even if I wanted to!" 

"I told you we could contribute in it! Heck, it was our responsibility to buy the whole thing."  The older female looked offended that Munhee didn't let her parent pay, instead, she insisted to buy it with her savings she had before her marriage. 

"Mom, don't sulk now. I wanted to buy this with my own savings. Really!" Munhee pouted at her mother, staying with Miseo and Sarang did her good and now she was mastering her aegyeo skills. 

"Fine. But we're going to shopping today. And you won't nag about it."  Her mother stated firmly. Munhee wasn't someone to roam around in the malls from hour to hours. She'd been mostly dependent on the online shopping technology. Only Myunghee had the power to persuade the girl to move her into a shopping mall. If Munhee tried, she might even count the number of times she'd actually gone to real shopping.

"Okay, fine by me too!" Munhee agreed as she didn't see any hardship in it now. Also, it's been a long time they went to shop together, so it excited Munhee as well.

"Great. We're up for some girls' time!!"  Her mother cheered making Munhee laugh along too.

 

 

 

 

                                                *****

 

 

 

"Mom, I thought you wanted to get something for yourself?"  Munhee whined as her mother did the first thing, dragged Munhee and the kids to the largest boutique shop in the mall and started picking up dresses which could in no way be suitable for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter