19.

Heal me (Married to brother-in-law)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Please read the PS part of author's note if you don't want to miss out the FUN!)

 

Munhee was able to study in peace as Baekhyun was out after breakfast, saying something about bringing his essential things from home. 

But her mind wasn't anywhere near the word Peace. 

Baekhyun being out of her vision wasn't enough to clear her mind from his weird behavior since he entered into her parent's house. 

 

It was lunch time already  and Munhee decided that she should at least feed the kids; studying for exam wasn't turning into anything fruitful for her. She should rather spend some time with her babies, than trying to study when it seemed near impossible for her to concentrate. 

 

"Baekhyun haven't returned yet?" Her father asked as they all ate their lunch, minus Baekhyun. 

"Nope." Munhee replied with a bored tone, and concentrated on feeding Miseo and Sarang, whose heads perked at the mention of their daddy. 

"Have you called his phone to know where he is?" Her mother butted in.

"Call daddy!" Miseo and Sarang demanded together. 

"Mom, he is a grown up man. He's not any baby who will be lost in his way back!"  Munhee rolled her eyes at her mom. She didn't need to call her so called husband every hour to ask his whereabouts. She doesn't care where he is. He is a jerk, and that's all she want to remember.

"Babies, daddy will be back when he wants to. Okay? He will be back soon." She told her babies, so that they won't sulk and stop eating their food. Her eyes trailed towards the door of the house, but she snapped out within a second. Why are you even worrying about him?  She scold herself immediately.

 

                                         *****

 

The sky started to getting dark outside. Munhee huffed as she checked her hand phone for the nth time to see whether she'd got any text from Baekhyun, or to check the time and wondering where he is off to! 

 Munhee was honestly annoyed at her own self, her exam was knocking at her door, but her concentration was nowhere near her books or notes, she was rather waiting for her jerk husband who seemed to forget about his own promise of staying here till her exams end. Not that she wanted him to stay by her side, it would be more distracting and undoubtedly way too more annoying for her to have him near.  But she could mock him for his fake promise. 

 

"Okay, it." Munhee slammed her book on her table angrily.  Even after a whole hour of trying hard, she only managed to finish one question from her note. If she goes at this rate, no one can stop her from failing her exam. 

She decided to just go the hell for it, and call Byun Baekhyun, so that she could finally get him off of her head and learn some topics to at least pass the exams. 

 

She dialed the contact 'Grumpy daddy' with angry taps of her fingers and waited for him to receive her call. And she has already sworn to herself if he wouldn't receive her call today as well, she'd have to go for a round of inquiry of him neglecting her calls.

The call was finally received, Munhee released a secret sigh before she started talking,  "Where are you?" she went straight to the topic, without wasting any greetings. They don't even have the greeting each other relationship, so she'd rather not be humiliated by greeting him and not getting any reply for it.

"Who's this?" Asked a female voice, much to Munhee's shock.  Okay, why did a girl receive his phone?  Is it too che for her to start thinking what every wife would think at this point?   "Hello, you're there?" The voice asked impatiently, as if Munhee's call interrupted the girl in her important task itself.       

"Isn't my number saved on his phone? Can't you read?" Munhee asked back, annoyed at the terrible assumptions surrounding her head. And the fact that the person received her call without hesitating, did it mean Baekhyun didn't even save her number? And why would it even matter if he didn't do so!.  Despite this, Munhee waited for the female to reply her question with a thumping heart.

"Yes, I can read pretty well. I suppose you don't have any name, Miss Ninja girl." The female replied, her tone also held the same irritation as Munhee.

" Okay, whatever!" Munhee huffed, "I suppose you know the owner of this phone? I am his wife. So could you kindly hand him his phone over so that I could talk to him?"  Munhee tried to sound intimidating, she didn't even know why she wanted this. 

        

" Oh! It's you , Mrs. Byun!" The female said back, though she sounded bored, not affected by the fact that she has received the male's wife's call.  "I'm Liana. You remember me right?"

Oh how can she forget Baekhyun's lovely secretary!  "Yes, Liana. I didn't ask for your name though. But it's still nice to talk to you again." Munhee rolled her eyes as she talked with the girl. She didn't know any exact reason, but she didn't like the Liana girl at their first meeting. She wasn't liking her at this moment, as well.  "Where's my husband?" She gritted.

"You see Baekhyun is kind of busy. So I received his call. I hope you don't mind. I will tell him about your call once he's free. Is that alright?"  This girl still has the audacity to call her superior by his name. 

"That's okay. You don't need to tell him." Munhee lastly said before disconnecting the call. 

Munhee didn't know why she was fuming, she only knew that she didn't like the girl Liana, and her attitude. 

Her initial motive was to talk with Baekhyun and return to studying, but now after whatever happened in the phone call, she can't shove her head into the books. She needed to cool down first. 

 

 

                                          *****

 

    

In order to cool herself down, she went to her only escape, her babies.

Munhee played with them, told them some stories she could remember at that time, made them a few snacks with the help of her mother. She helped her mother in preparing dinner, avoiding the older lady's questions regarding the whereabouts of Baekhyun. After preparing dinner, Munhee went back to the room where the kids stay whenever they visit this house. She helped the kids changing into their pjs, and listened to their nagging about not having their father even when he promised his daughters that he would spend the day with them. Munhee couldn't help but to sigh when she had to lie to the kids that their father is handling some urgent work and that's why he couldn't make free time for the whole day.

Munhee left the kids to watch some cartoons as she decided that she should study a little bit before going for dinner. 

Munhee opened the door to her room and the moment she did it, her eyes almost popped out of their places, she almost felt her heart rate increased in a spare second at the view in front of her.

There he was, her husband, Byun Baekhyun, freshly out of shower, in his pajama shorts and with his top as he hold his tee shirt in his hands, gaping at Munhee with equally round eyes. 

Munhee tried her best to act unaffected by the half male in front of her. It wasn't the very first time she has seen him without a shirt, but it might be the very first time when she paid attention to his body. He had broad shoulders, his skin probably whiter and smoother than her, he didn't possess any abs as he doesn't work out much, but his body proportions weren't bad . 

Okay, Munhee, love, you're staring and commenting on his body. This is not good. Comeback to your senses. 

Munhee gave his gaping face a bored look before locking the door and marching towards her study table. 

"I thought you would scream or something." Baekhyun commented as he wore his tee, Munhee saw him from her peripheral vision as she fumbled through page after page. 

"It's twenty first century. You can see plenty o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter