10.

Heal me (Married to brother-in-law)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Munhee was in her lone sulking state on the couch in the living room, searching for something watchable on Netflix when the bell of the house rang.

Munhee dashed to answer the door, eager to finally have the babies back, as the whole day was quite lonely for her without the presence of Miseo and Sarang. Gosh she missed them like crazy. 

She was greeted by a wide eyed Miseo holding Baekhyun's hand, and in his arms was sleeping figure of Sarang. She stopped herself from saying 'Hi' to Baekhyun because she was still little upset with him, even though she knew it didn't effect him at all. He also didn't say anything to her other than watching his daughter's adorable exchange with her.

"Mama!" Miseo greeted her excitedly, Munhee's face stretched into a wide smile as she picked the girl up in her arms.

"Baby, how was your day? Had a lots of fun?" She asked and the little girl bobbed her head more than thrice, indicating how good her day was spent.

"Yes, Mama. We played a lot of games, we enjoyed the rides, they were so scary! And we ate a lots of candy!" Miseo kept explaining her experience as both of the adults made their way towards the living area.  

"That must've been so fun!" Munhee exclaimed. "Oh you forgot this cutie." Munhee pointed at the new bunny plushy in Miseo's hand.  "Did you win it from some game?" 

"No. Daddy can't shoot well. Daddy lost all games." Miseo pouted. Munhee chuckled, she eyed Baekhyun who was resting on the opposite couch with Sarang lying on his chest now, she didn't miss his redden ears. 'Wow is he embarrassed now?'  She mused inwardly. It wasn't a daily affair to find The Almighty and Perfect Byun Baekhyun  being embarrassed of himself.

"Hey!! But I did buy all the toys you both wanted!" Baekhyun protested making Munhee giggle, she almost forgot for a moment that she was upset with him.

"It's okay baby, we can't be good at everything." She explained Miseo. She shouldn't miss such chance to teach something small but valuable when time would come. Her mother used to teach her and Myunghee like this. "By the way where is Sarang's toy?" She asked the girl.

"I left them at the car." Baekhyun voluntarily replied, much to Munhee's surprise. 

Munhee cleared , it was awkward. After the morning's activity, it was way more awkward for her to have a simple conversation with him. "Should I bring them?" She offered her help. 

"No, I'll bring them. Can you help both of them to their bed? They must be really tired." Baekhyun said. 

Munhee nodded and took Sarang from him and gestured Miseo to follow along. She changed both of the kids' into their pjs. Tucked them in their fluffy blanket. 

Miseo usually took a bit longer to fall asleep than Sarang. Munhee ran her fingers through the girl's hair that helped her eyes to get droopy instantly.

Baekhyun entered to the kids' room with two bags full of toys. He kept the bags on the couch. Watching Baekhyun enter the room Miseo again sat up,  "Daddy, are you going to give Mama her gift?" She asked pointing at the bag. 

Munhee exchanged glances from Miseo to Baekhyun's direction, to gape at the fact that whether she heard it right or Miseo was sleeptalking?

"Baby husshh, sleep now. It's already late. We'll see the toys in the morning. Okay?" She tried to make the little one lay down again.  

Thankfully, Miseo listened. After two or three minutes she was fully asleep. 

Munhee then heard Baekhyun clearing his throat. She peeked at him to see him holding something in his hand and waiting for her attention. 

With a big push inwardly, Munhee stood up and made her way to Baekhyun. As they were now standing face to face, she could clearly see he was holding a soft toy, a monkey plushy. 

She blinked at it and then at him, waiting for him to at least say something. She was supposedly upset with him, so she wouldn't talk with him first.

"This came with the pair of bunnies I bought for them." Baekhyun said while stretching the monkey towards her direction. 

It was cute, light brown colored, with sticky ears that seemed unnecessarily like Baekhyun's. Munhee wanted to coo at it, grab it from his hand and feel it's soft fluffy body, but she held herself. 

'Let's be upset with him. Let's not take it. Don't greed over such small things.'  She reminded herself strictly.

Seeing her reluctance to take it, Baekhyun shoved it in her hands making her almost jump at the contact.  "Take it already. It's not that you don't like them. You had a plenty of your own soft toys at your house."  Baekhyun said in a slightly irritated tone. 

Munhee didn't know why her lips trembled. But stupidly enough, she was touched. Even though he didn't intend to buy it for gifting her in the first place, but he did think about her. He did remember her likings from before. And this small gesture somehow indicated her that there was still a chance for them to go back to their old sweet relation state, despite the boundaries of their relationship being changed, it was still much better for them to be back at their old friendly state. 

Munhee squeezed the toy, she lifted her eyes to finally met with his, and with no other intention in her mind she hugged him. She clasped her hands on his back, burried her head in his chest. Happy tears fell from her eyes.   "Thank you, Oppa. It's really cute. T-Thank you." She knew she was thanking him for other purpose. But he didn't need to know.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter