18.

Heal me (Married to brother-in-law)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Knock.

"Munhee, open the door." 

Knock. Knock.

"Munhee, wake up, hurry!"

Knock.

Munhee's deep slumber broke at the constant knocks and her mother's soft yellings. She squinted her eyes, let out a soft groan when she craned her neck as it really hurt because of the uncomfortable state she was sleeping in. 

She squinted her sleepy eyes at the mini watch beside the table lamp, it's two in the morning. She's been sleeping on the table where she was supposed to do something else for hours. 

Munhee jolted when she heard another pair of knocks. She wiped her drools from the corner of , lazily stood up from her chair to check why her mother was calling for her at this odd hour of night.

Her pace increased at the sudden realization that the kids are also in this house. Something must've happened with them, that's why her mother was calling her constantly. 

Munhee rushed open the door, even though her eyes were still small from the sleep.

"Mom, what happened? Are the kids...." Munhee stopped her question when she saw someone standing behind her mother. Munhee squinted her eyes again, she's definitely seeing things if she's seeing Baekhyun in front of her, at this hour. Right?

 "Are the kids alright?"  Shrugging of the thoughts of Baekhyun she concentrated on her mother. She really must be hallucinating at this point. She did read somewhere that if you think about something or someone more than necessary then you end up dreaming or hallucinating about them.

"Yes. They are sleeping." Her mother assured, then she moved aside to reveal the man standing behind her, making Munhee's droopy eyes finally pop up in surprise.  So he's really here? 

"Baekhyun arrived here just now." Her mother smiled guesturing at her husband.

Baekhyun was having trouble in meeting her eyes. Munhee gaped at his form, he looked really tired by the way his dress shirt was untucked, his tie hanging loose, his hairs disheveled, his blazer draped over his arm.  And judging by the time, it didn't take a lot of time for Munhee to realize that he came here in a hassle as he didn't even change his office attire.

Munhee didn't know what she should say. Should she say anything? But if she doesn't, her mother will doubt their relation's state. She didn't want to cause anymore havoc and mess things up even more than they already are.

"Move aside, girl. Let him in, he must so tired for having to drive all the way here!" Her mother nudged her body aside and gave space to Baekhyun so that he could enter her room.  He did it silently and without giving Munhee any eye contact. 

"Baekhyun was so worried about you over the phone! Why didn't you pick your phone when he called?" Her mother interrogated further.

Munhee's heart skipped a beat at the mention of him being worried about her. But then she was cruelly reminded by her own mind that she didn't came here alone. She brought his daughters with her, and she didn't need anymore explanations in this regard.

"I was busy. So I didn't notice getting any calls." Munhee directed her curt answer towards Baekhyun. And as if sensing her eyes on him, he finally looked up properly at her.  His lips were pursed, he didn't say anything in reply.

"Okay, it's getting really late. I am going to go now. My duty of reconciling the husband with his wife is done. Now I've nothing to do here. You guys can have each other now." Munhee's mother teased. 

Munhee could only control her urge to roll her eyes at her mother, why are their mothers so excited about her and Baekhyun's relationship? Why are they even expecting something from such marriage?

"Mom!" Munhee warned in annoyance. 

Her mother patted her head and made her way out of the room after offering the both of them a soft smile. 

Now that her mother is leaving the room, it struck munhee, hard, that her mother left Baekhyun here, which means Baekhyun will sleep here. Out of all the things, this could be the worst. She wasn't ready to face Baekhyun yet. She haven't overcome the scenerios in the morning. She haven't forgotten neither forgiven the acts he pulled up this morning. 

"Wait, mom." Baekhyun stopped his mother-in-law from leaving, Munhee almost let out a releived sigh at the thought that Baekhyun must be decent enough to not force himself in a room with her. He should respect her decision of staying away for him.   "Sorry for asking when I've already ruined half of your sleeptime. But, uh could you provide me some change of clothes?" He rather asked this. 

"Oh my! It's okay, son. It totally slipped off my mind that you'd need some comfortable clothes to sleep. Munhee, can you please give him some of his clothes from the other room?" Her mother asked and went away from there when Munhee dumbly nodded. 

 Munhee was about to go out of her room when Baekhyun blocked her way, much to Munhee's shock he locked the door. 

Munhee gaped at him, "W-What?" She could only mutter this much. So many questions and fears running inside of her mind.

"We need to talk." He muttered, his eyes founding hers, and he didn't break the eye contact like earlier. Instead, he held her gaze, waiting for her to give in and talk to him.

"What is it?" Munhee asked nonchalantly, or she tried to do so. But her heart almost reached at as their close proximity and every situation surrounding them.  

"Can we have a seat, and talk it out properly?" Baekhyun asked, and he didn't wait for her reply as he went deeper inside the room, taking his seat on her bed. He waited for her to have sit next to him so that they could do whatever talking he wanted to do.

Munhee reluctantly went to sit beside him, leaving one feet distance between their bodies. It was already suffocating for her to be stuck in a room with only him. 

"Munhee, look, I don't like to twist and turn everything. So I'll come to the point straight. Why are you here?" He asked in a calm voice. But Munhee could feel the nervous aura radiating from him.

"I had some work here. I tried to contact you but.." She shrugged. She tried to act as much nonchalant as she could.

"You left the house, along with the kids, you didn't even think about letting me know beforehand like a rational person should. So what if I didn't receive your calls, it wasn't really intelligent and sincere of you to leave the house with just a simple note!!  You could've just waited for me to return home or if it was really urgent you could've called into my office's number!!" Baekhyun tried to keep his voice as calm as possible. Munhee knew he was unhappy at her way of coming all the way here without a proper explanation. But he was holding it in, he didn't wanted to came out harsh at her.

"I didn't think of calling at your office at that time. I was in a rush!" Munhee explained.

Baekhyun crossed his arms over his chest as he gave her a scrutinized gaze, "So, care to tell me what was all the rush about?"

"My finals are in two days. Actually not two, it's starting the day after tomorrow. I needed to come here as soon as possible, if I don't study enough to pass this time, my year will be wasted."  

"Oh! That's g-good. It means you came here because you wanted to study for finals?" Baekhyun's face seemed to relax at the realization that Munhee didn't leave his house because of him. 

"Yes." Munhee replied curtly.

"So uh, I have something to tell you." He cleared his throat, even though his voice was working just fine. "I initially thought that you are angry at me and so you left without meeting me." Baekhyun scratched his nape, he seemed nervous.  "So I rushed here to... you know, apologize?" 

Munhee was a little taken aback at his honest confession, and her heart raced when he told her that he came all the way to here so that he could apologize. But she doesn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter