34.

Heal me (Married to brother-in-law)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Sort of a DOUBLE UPDATE for some of yall, as the previous chapter was updated approx. 2 days ago. So do read Chapter-33 before this chapter if you haven't yet.)

 

 

 

 

The Byun family ended up going on a long drive. The ride was pleasant as the city lights were gleaming besides them, the evening air refreshed and calmed the atmosphere. Baekhyun set some light ballad songs which matched with the calming atmosphere. Though they had to change the songs into some kids' songs as per the kids' demand, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

They stopped in front of a random ice cream parlor.  The place they've stopped was actually humming with people in groups or couples who must'be also out to have some fun time like them. Seeing the amount of people Munhee was suddenly reminded of the marks she had on her neck this morning. People would definitely give her some weird eyes if they'd notice the spots, which was more likely to happen. 

"We'll go there. Get down."  Baekhyun told her pointing at the shops standing just a minute afar from where they were at. 

Munhee unsurely opened the camera of her phone and checked the state of her neck. It wasn't as bad as the morning, but the trace was still there. If she was not stupid enough to forget bringing a scarf to cover it, then she wouldn't have to face this problem. 

"You guys go. I'll stay here."  Munhee told Baekhyun, giving them an okay smile. 

Munhee saw Baekhyun's eyes going towards her neck. He must've also noticed the reason why she didn't want to leave the car.   "We don't have anything to fix it wholly. But you can just....."   He reached his hands towards her and gently tucked the hair tie so that her hairs wouldn't be in a pony anymore, they fell over her shoulders, nicely covering the sides of her neck. Baekhyun brought a bunch of hairs to her front and did some tucking here and there.   "There you go. The bottom two are covered. And the top one..err I don't think people would notice it or put their attention on it. So, you are good to step out." He said before stepping out of the car. Munhee took a last look at herself through her phone's camera and she also stepped out before Baekhyun could open the door for her. Taking out the babies they made their way towards the shops.

There were not only ice cream shops, Munhee noticed some street food carts were also their. It gained Munhee's attention as it had been a long time since she last had some street food.   "Do you want some of them?"  Baekhyun asked as he caught her eyeing the spicy rice cakes with stars in her eyes. 

Munhee almost nodded her head before remembering that they had the babies with them. And she was rather strict when it came to their food habit. She wasn't particularly willing to let them have street foods as it might not suit their taste buds.  "No. Kids can't eat those. Let's just have ice cream."  Munhee replied.

"But I want to eat tteokbeokki! Haven't had them for ages."  Baekhyun told her, tone slightly near whining, which Munhee found rather cute.  "Let's have them, hmm?"  He proposed.

"But if we eat those, kids will also want to have some. And they are hella spicy. It's a big no for the kids."  Munhee defended. 

"We'll see about that. Let's go."  Baekhyun picked up Miseo in his arms and flinged to the first cart of street food without waiting for Munhee's reply. 

Munhee glared at his back but followed him anyways, with Sarang's tiny fingers wrapped around hers. They ended up having spicy rice cakes, fish cakes, spicy fish balls. Whereas, Baekhyun suggested to feed the kids only the fishcakes because they were the least spicy and edible for the kids to have without the fear of any negative outcome. After that they had some ice cream while they talked about random stuffs here and there, not as chatty as all the people around them, but at least they weren't standing there like two awkward potatoes. Munhee had to credit the kids for their most topics though. All in all, their time together was spent well.     

They were back by late evening, with their tummies full. Munhee had let Miss Lonn know in advance that she didn't need to prepare dinner so she could stay at her house for the night. They had to carry the kids to their bedroom as they were sleeping by the end of their long drive back home. 

 

 

 

 

                                          ******

 

 

 

  

Munhee was already tucked on the bed by the time Baekhyun was out from the washroom after freshening up and changed into new set of clothing. It was rather early to be on bed than their regular time, but they didn't have anything else to do and having the kids already sleeping soundly, Munhee wasn't left with much option rather than lounging on the bed till she fell asleep too. 

Baekhyun sat himself down on his side of bed, his legs tucked under the duvet and hands holding his laptop and a few files. He's been a little busier after the new contract with the new clients.  "Are you going to sleep?"  He asked while he opened his laptop. 

"Not sleepy at all."  Munhee murmured, already bored after twisting and turning for the past twenty or thirty minutes. The fact that she also had a not-so-short afternoon nap wasn't helping her sleep to grace her with it's presence at all.  "Baekhyun.."  She called the male as he didn't comment any further. She continued when he looked at her direction,   "I get extremely bored at weekends." 

Baekhyun looked like he wasn't sure how to reply or what to reply at her comment. He scratched his head while giving her an unsure glance,  "So...? I mean there are plenty of things to do if you want to get rid of boredom."  He suggested.

"I have tried a lot of things. But I end up getting bored. While the weekday are somehow tolerable because the kids have started going to school, I stay engaged then. But as per the weekends, I can't sit down doing nothing!"  Munhee sat up while she complained about her boredom.

"Then what do you wanna do?"  The male asked, seemingly clueless at where the conversation was going. 

"You know, Miss Lonn has a daughter, she's a high schooler. She stays in her dorm on weekdays, but she'd visit their house on every weekends from now on." Munhee started. Actually, this wasn't any on the whim conversation. Munhee had been waiting for the right moment to strike up a conversation regarding what she was gonna say now.

"And you're telling me all this because..?"  Baekhyun raised a subtle brow at her direction.

"Because, I..how about we grant Miss Lonn weekly holidays on the weekends from now on? She's also a mother, so she ought to miss her child while she works here. Can we do at least this much for her? And I also get bored on weekends. So I can just do the few house chores on those days. It's a win-win for both her and me. What do you think?" Munhee asked hopefull

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter