04.

Heal me (Married to brother-in-law)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Two more days passed, Munhee didn't dare to initiate any sort of conversation with Baekhyun or even stay anywhere near him until now. 

She was guilty and she was afraid. Guilty because she knew part of all this happened because of her and afraid because she didn't want to witness the look of hurt, distaste and disappointment Baekhyun gave her the other night.

Baekhyun seldom came out of his bedroom, not even looking out for his children when he did. It was as if he had build an unseen barrier around him, where no one, not even his own children could get through. 

On the other hand, placating Miseo and Sarang was becoming harder day by day.

They'd never stayed without their mother ever since they were brought to this world. Myunghee being a housewife led them to stay under their mother's shelter for every moment of their lives.

"Annie,  mummy still sleeping?“  Sarang had asked once when Munhee was trying to feed the twins.

"Why did mummy sleep in other house? Why didn't she sleep in our house?" Miseo threw another heart wrecking question at Munhee, referring the hospital as other house where they were taken to see their mother for the last time.

"Is mummy upset with us?" Miseo asked again.

Munhee bit her inner cheeks to control her tears. She wanted to answer them something, anything, so that they would stop questioning about their mother, but forming a word seemed to be too much difficult for her. 

"N-no baby, mummy isn't upset with any of you." She managed to choke out this much,  "Now please finish your food, or mummy will be seriously upset. Mummy's good girls' never skip food. Right?"  

"Right." Both of the girls agreed together and opened their mouth to eat.

 

Munhee let out a sigh of relief when the girls finished the food without questioning further, or else she didn't know how to handle them. 

"Now good girls go to your room. Annie will be back after cleaning up, okay?" She told the girls while wiping their mouths with tissue.

"Okay." The girls agreed again, much to Munhee's relief.

 

"Mun, can you come with me for a second? I have something important to discuss with you." Munhee's mother called out to her when she was doing the dishes.

"What is it?" 

"Just come to my room after you're finished." Her mother said and made her way out of the kitchen.

 

Munhee finished the work at hand and made her way to the guest room where her parents were staying, just beside another room where Baekhyun's parents usually stayed whenever they would come over, just like now. 

"Mom.."  Munhee entered the room and call for her mother's attention who was staring outside through the window. 

"Come, sit." Her mother told her while making her way to seat on the bed.

After they'd settled,  Munhee's mother took her hands in her hold,  "I've always thought that you were immature comparing to your age. I used to think you're my spoilt and irresponsible little girl." Her mother started with saying some not so pleasant words that in a normal circumstances would led Munhee whine and throw fits like a brat.

"Mom, is this all you want to talk now?" Munhee asked, in a slight whinny tone, a small smile at her face after a long time.

"Let me finish first, don't interrupt me." Her mother scolded her lightly.  "Okay, so I was saying, I used to think  all these about you. But you, my child, have proven me wrong. The way you managed everything and everyone in this house, in such hard times where matured persons like me, your father, Baekhyun all were out of track, you alone took care of everything. And before I start my real agenda I want to tell you that I'm really proud of you, my daughter." Her mother squeezed her hands showing the sincerity in her words.

"Real agenda?" Munhee asked, slightly confused the way her mother made it sound like a business meeting.

"Y-yeah. Actually, I've called you here to talk about something else. Something serious. Something that involves the lives of the people who live here in this house. Promise me to hear me out first before you come to any decision?" Her mother looked at her expectantly. 

"Okay?" Munhee was still confused and a little nervous by the way her mother was asking of her full attention. And the indirect mention of Baekhyun, Miseo and Sarang also tugged at her heart.

"As I was saying, the situation in this house is not any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter