15.

Heal me (Married to brother-in-law)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER! )

 

 

 

 Munhee  was stressed. Really stressed.

Stress of presenting herself as a good daughter-in-law. 

This was the very first time her mother-in-law would visit their house after their marriage. Not that she wanted to impress her husband by getting the favours from his mother. It's just an housewife instinct that she wanted the very first guest in her house, who was also her mother-in-law, not to be disappointed at her. She wanted her hospitality to be commendable.

This was also a big chance for getting back at Byun Baekhyun, who happened to be pretty arrogant and sarcastic towards her while pointing out her poor skills in cooking. 

She will make him shut his mouth for criticizing her cooking skills and make him his fingers after eating her delicious food. At least this was what she had been planning ever since she'd entered in the kitchen in this early morning. 

She had already revised all the recipes four times that she had jotted down from her mother in the previous night. She was confident enough to not forget any step and apply all the tricks for the perfect dishes just like her mother cooked.

Munhee was currently marinating the chickens that she would fry and dip in the red sauce just before serving the food. 

 

"Isn't it too early too start cooking?" Munhee jolted up from her concentration at a gruff voice, that was none other than Baekhyun's. 

"You scared me!" Munhee mumbled as she turned to glare at her husband for startling her in this quiet hour.

"It should be me who should say this." Baekhyun crossed his arms as he leaned on the opposite counter,  "Do you ever expect to wake up and come in the kitchen only to find someone with messy hair and white gown moving around in the kitchen? It will look scary, definitely." Baekhyun smirked, it looks like he liked making fun of her. He used to do it in the past also, but those were in a less humiliating way. 

Munhee realized she didn't comb and tie her wavy and messy after-sleep hair before starting her cooking mission, it must've looked scary. Also it wasn't that hygiene either. As much as she wanted to rebute or reply him with a bigger sarcasm, he was kind of right. 

"I forgot to tie my hair." She muttered to herself. She raked her eyes over the kitchen and found her hair tie she usually used to tie her hair while cooking. But both of her hands were occupied and she was in the middle of mixing the ingredients, so she couldn't just wash her hands to do her hair. 

'I should just be careful till the marinating, after that I'll tie my hair up.'   Munhee planned inwardly and went back on finishing her half finished work without giving the man still standing there another glance.

Munhee could see in her peripheral vision that Baekhyun took a glass of water, and drank up before he vanished somewhere behind her. 

Munhee let out a silent 'what the heck!' when she felt him come closer, much closer than her comfort, behind her. He was close enough to make the both of them feel the heat radiating off their bodies. Munhee tried not to shiver in the unusual contact. He didn't say anything. Without any warning he scooped her messy hairs with both of his hands, making her heart rate palpitate irregularly, and tied them with the hair tie. After that he immediately scooted away, giving both of their bodies a respective distance which they always maintained. 

"Uh thanks." Munhee mumbled, she wasn't even sure whether her small voice reached his ear or not. She wasn't sure either why in the earth her heart rates seemed to be increasing by every passing seconds!

"Whatever. I did it for the kids. If by any chance they wake up and and watches you like this, they would be scared." He curtly said before leaving.

He stopped at the ending boundary of the kitchen and turned around, Munhee immediately hid her frown because she couldn't let him see that his little insults did have effect on her,  "By the way mom won't come alone. Dad is also accompanying her. My offer for ordering food from outside is still on. Just give me a call or text beforehand."  he said before leaving.

"I don't need your help!" Munhee shouted loudly enough for him to hear.

'What does he think of himself! I will prove you wrong Byun Baekhyun!!'  Munhee huffed as she stomped on her feet till the sink to wash her hands.

Munhee fridged the marinated chicken and then it sunk on her that she would have two persons to impress then. While thinking about getting a good review from Baekhyun's mother was already stressing her, now that there's Baekhyun's father added in the picture, she could feel herself getting more nervous. While Baekhyun's mother was a sweet woman who absolutely adored her and she would be kind enough to say that her food was good, Baekhyun's father was strict on this matter just like Baekhyun. Like father like son. She was doomed.

 

                                           ******

 

By the time the clock hit six in the evening, Munhee managed to finish four main dishes and six side dishes aside from the time she had spent in cooking their lunch separately and not forgetting to spend some time with the kids. She dearly hoped that the food amount would be enough for all of them. And the taste, she would be ashamed if the taste was not at least near her mother's dishes.

Now that her cooking was done, she took the kids to their room for changing their clothes. She could see her devastated state in the mirror,  'Munhee, love, you look like a zombie.'  She self talked with herself while she neated the kids' attire.

Now that the kids were also ready for greeting their grandparents, it's her turn now. Appearance was also important to leave a good impression on someone. And the ladies in Byun family would always came first in this case. So, if she's going to make herself look like a Byun household lady, she'd also have to look presentable. 

Munhee was climbing down the stairs to go to her room when Baekhyun entered the house. He must've taken early day off to be here for his parents. 

When Munhee reached downstairs, they came face to face. Baekhyun scanned her from up to down and was most probably about to pass some comments on how awful she looked, but Munhee beat him,  "Yes Yes, I'm going to change now. I just finished cooking and changed the kids' attires." 

Baekhyun's face seemed somehow little amused, but he didn't show it for longer, "Good for you. They'll be reaching within half an hour." He informed her before going upstairs to change into comfortable clothes.

 

 

Munhee chose a simple yellow knee length dress that should do the work of elegance on her non-attractive attire. She tried an elegant bun like Myunghee used to do, but she looked nowhere elegant like her sister. But the doorbell already rang indicating the arrival of her in-laws, so she just had to survive this day looking like a  Monalisa with cheekfats and a horrific bun. 

 

 Munhee found Baekhyun opening the door while Miseo and Sarang peeking from behind his legs. As the kids didn't get to see their grandparents from their father's side for many times, they were a little shy around them. 

She saw his parents hugging him and then the kids, not forgetting to plant few kisses on the kid's adorable cheeks and forehead. 

Munhee was fidgeting her fingers. She didn't know why did she feel nervous whereas she never felt like this before. Probably because now she wasn't the little sister of their daughter-in-law. She herself was now their daughter-in-law. The word in-law came with a specific kind of nervousness that was hard to get rid of. 

 

"Munhee, dear!!" Mrs. Byun exclaimed happily and gave her a warm tight hug. "How have you been?"

"I'm quiet good, Aunty." Munhee replied. 

Mrs.Byun shook her head in a scolding manner,  "Dear, I know all this is new to you and somehow awkward as well. But I'm your mother-in-law now. You can't call me aunty. Ple

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter