Fine

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul woke up, rubbing her eyes. She groggily got up, her body aching from yesterday's events. As she rolled over, she saw the unfamiliar sight of pink hair next to her. Her face turning red from last night's embarrasing events. 

Flashback

She had confessed to Yongsun. At first she didn't reply, letting the silence eat away at Byul's heart. She felt like she was in high school again. The anxiety eating her away from the inside. The darkness didn't help either, she couldn't see what Yongsun was doing.

A moment later, Byul had felt a pair of lips on her own. It was a quick peck compared to earlier. 

"And that's how I feel about you.." Yongsun replied, sitting up. Byul rolled over to turn on the light on her nightstand. She sat up as well, taking a good look at the shy face that greeted her. Byul could see the genuine feelings behind that red face. 

"Then..I suppose this means that..we're dating now?" Byul asked, a grin on her face. 

" I suppose it does" 

End of Flashback. 

"Yah..Moon Byulyi, you've got a lot of guts" she scratched the back of her neck. Something like this was so out of character for her. She could barely remember the last time she confessed to someone else. It was usually the other way around. 

 

 

Yongsun awoke to find the bed empty, a yelp was heard.  Fear overcame her heart, she ran out of the bedroom quickly, checking Byul's bathroom and office before running out to the living room. She turned the corner to find Byul holding a pan of what seemed to be something burning. 

"Oh, good morning Yong" Byul grinned, she noticed Yongsun looking at the pan. "Ah..I tried to make breakfast for us but....seems like I can't really cook" 

Yongsun walked over, embracing Byul. "Yah! I was so worried you might have hurt yourself. I woke up and you weren't there and then there was that wierd noise and-" 

"Yong" Byul's voice made her stop rambling. "I'm sorry I made you worry" Byul smiled. "Um...do you think you can take over?" Byul sheepishly pointed at the black substance in the pan. "I tried to make eggs and well...as you can see they're not edible" 

Yongsun broke out into laughter, taking the pan from Byul. "Will you grab a few more eggs while I clean the pan?" 

 

After a nice breakfast, Byul returned to her bedroom, getting ready for the day. She looked up at the clock. "I have about five minutes"  She threw on her coat, walking out to where Yongsun was watching TV in the living room.

"I thought you said you had today off?" 

"I'm waiting for someone" Byul replied, leaning on Yongsun's shoulder. The lavender scent made her feel at ease. Perhaps that's why she had knocked out so easily last night. 

"Who?" 

At that moment there was knocking at the door. Byul got up, grabbing her wallet. She opened the door to come face to face with exactly the person she was waiting for.

"Seulgi-ah, it's about time" Byul smirked. Seulgi had a stoic expression on her face. Yongsun walked over, confused as to why three police officers were standing at the door. 

"Moon Byulyi, you're under arrest on suspicion of criminal assault and battery" Seulgi flashed her badge. "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law" 

"Seulgi? Arrest? Y-Yah, what are you talking about?" Byul watched as Yongsun's eyes flashed between concern and confusion. "Byul what's going on?" Yongsun tugged at her jacket as she took a step forward. 

"Don't worry Yong. I'll explain everything when I get back" Byul smiled, ruffling Yongsun's hair. She leaned down to give Yongsun a kiss on the forehead.

Seulgi gave Yongsun an apologetic nod. "I'll take care of everything Yongsun-unnie" 

Byul walked out to Seulgi's cruiser, waiting for the bear-like cop to open the door.

"SinB, Yerin, take the other cruiser. This unnie needs a scolding" Seulgi said, they nodded, heading toward the other cruiser. "We've got a lot to talk about, Moon Byulyi" 

 

The ride to the station was just as Byul had thought it would be. Seulgi began chewing her out the minute the doors closed.

"Are you out of your mind unnie?" Seulgi huffed. "I told you not to do anything stupid but you had to just go out and knock the man out" 

"He deserved it, besides he started it" Byul crossed her arms, staring out the window. 

"You fractured his neck and broke his nose unnie! Doctors are supposed to fix people not break them" Seulgi sighed. "You're lucky you're even alive! Bogum had both a baton and a knife"

"Hmmm..." 

"Are you even listening to me unnie?" Seulgi looked at the rearview mirror, seeing Byul lost in her thoughts. She was smiling to herself. "Yah, I'm guessing you and Yongsun-unnie are...?" 

"Are what?" Byul's mind snapped to attention when she heard Yongsun's name.

"Dating?" 

"......maybe" 

Seulgi chuckled, Byul's answer had confirmed her thoughts. When

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter