Warmth

Heartbeat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun looked at the door, she swore she thought she had heard something there. Brushing it off, she went back to watching the show on the TV. Wheein and Hyejin had left long ago, leaving the older woman alone. She thought she would catch up on her dramas since Byul wasn't home. She didn't stay up late much, not wanting to develop any bad habits or disturb the doctor's sleep. She knew Byul overworked herself often, which only made her worry even more. She couldn't focus on the show, wondering if Byul was doing ok, if she had eaten, if she had taken a break.  It had also unexpectedly began raining today, Yongsun wasn't sure if Byul even had an umbrella.

The jingle of the door code made her look over, she got up quickly, excited to see Byul. It seemed like she had finished earlier than expected.

 

 

Byul walked in, completely drenched by the rain. Yongsun could see her once white shirt soaked with water and what seemed to be a red substance. Yongsun looked up to meet Byul’s face, her expression haggard. Her eyes trailed down to where Byul’s arm was, the doctor was clutching her arm.

“Byul..?” Yongsun called out, meeting her sad eyes. Byul was in a daze.

“I….I’m back..” Byul spoke with such heavy words. She trudged inside, walking past Yongsun, going immediately to her room. 

Yongsun followed behind, grabbing the first aid kit in Byul’s office before entering the bedroom. She looked around, noticing how neat it was. Various photos decorated the pristine room. Byul had gone into her private bathroom before Yongsun could say anything. So she sat on the bed, waiting for her to come out.

“ I wonder what happened...I hope Byul is ok..” thoughts flashed through her head. Different scenarios ran through her head.“Maybe...she had a bad day at work….but that doesn’t explain the cut on her arm” the cut seemed to be a decent size. Not big enough for stitches but she couldn’t really tell. Byul had covered it up as she walked in.  

Yongsun waited for what seemed like an eternity, she got up immediately when she heard the bathroom door open. Byul had on an oversized gray shirt and some sweatpants, the wound on her arm was noticeable but the bleeding seemed to have ceased.

“Thanks..you can just leave that there for me to-“ Yongsun cut her off.

“No. Sit down, I’ll help you…” Yongsun motioned if ever to take a seat on the bed. Byul held out her arm, a small gash about an inch and a half wide was on her forearm. Fortunately it didn’t seem to hit anything major. The gash itself wasn’t deep but shallow, like a really bad paper cut. 

Byul opened , hesitant to say anything. She seemed unsure how to really explain any of this.

“We can talk when you’re feeling better ok? I’ll make bring you something to eat after we’re done” 

Byul didn’t reply but nodded her head, watching as Yongsun disinfected the wound and wrapped it up. 

"Are you hurt any where else?" Yongsun asked, Byul shook her head. The older woman wasn't convinced, she gave Byul a concerning look.

Byul sighed, a small smile forming on her lips. "I suppose nothing gets past you" She pointed at her knuckles, they were scraped up but nothing seemed to be broken. 

"Did she get into a fight?" Yongsun thought, the only reason any of these inj

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter