6 - Memories of Someday

Our Spring of What Ifs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! 

BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE, PLAY THIS SONG WHILE READING THE CHAPTER. ITS THE SONG THAT KRYSTAL IS LISTENING TO ON THE START OF THE CHAPTER. https://open.spotify.com/track/2As8jV9qVbzgqNzG65IiH8

WELL, ENJOY! 

SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT, UPVOTE! 

PEACE YOW! 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 6

 

KRYSTAL’S POV

 

 

 

“You said you loved me
And I kind of believe that
But these days who knows what it means..”

 

 

 

My fingers tap to the rhythm of the song playing in full volume from my old iPhone (that I still keep because its still in good condition and holds precious memories of US) while I lie idly on the floor. “Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist” Official Soundtrack has been on loop after recovering from my shock of seeing Amber earlier. I badly needed some ‘pick me up’ from my idiotic act earlier and yes, music will always be my pick-me-up.

 

Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist… it was one of those rare things Amber and I had in common when it comes to movies and music. Amber was the mainstream type of person while I’m the artistic chic who loves movies, specifically Independent films.

 

Who would have thought she likes Michael Cera’s humor? And who would have thought that mainstream Amber Liu will like the movie and the Official Soundtrack? Yep, I was a bit surprised but kept it inside. And yes, in my eyes she was overly adorable.

 

Amber Liu is not the type of person who will like something just to impress. She won’t pretend liking a book, a movie, music nor art. If she doesn’t like it, she says it. Plus I’m not the type of person who wants my partner to like whatever I like just to convince ourselves we are meant to be. Errr… that’s boring.

 

That’s why it came to me as a surprise when Amber was the one who downloaded the whole Soundtrack of the movie and saved it on my then iPhone that is still functioning now. Saying, “Dope movie and OST am I right or am I right?” paired with y smirk, a wink and just-got-out-of-bed hair that I swear to God (I know it sounds so weird but well I AM weird) turns me on.

 

*Sigh*

 

She got a French from me as prize… and a heavy make out session while listening to the playlist...

 

It was funny too because while making out, Amber suddenly stopped kissing me and declared “I feel like Nick minus the ‘still hangover to his ty ex-girlfriend’ part. I don’t know why.” 

 

“Don’t immerse yourself too much in the movie...” i said.

 

“Maybe because of how he realized that he likes Norah... like it was only hours that they met. Norah was obviously attracted to him not just because of his looks but because of his character and music choice... like he puts his heart in everything. Its rare to find a movie like that...” her brown eyes were looking through mine. There wasn’t any sign of waiting for an approval nor challenging me to top what she said. Just simply expressing her thoughts that if she didn’t let out will bother her all night.

 

I nodded my head mincing the words she vomited. The two of us staring at each other for i don’t know how long, hands intertwined, my weight on her lap. Enjoying the music blasting from her laptop. “You still have a paper to finish that is due tomorrow morning...” I said in a low voice still looking at her.

 

A few moments later she let out a smile that made my heart flutter as always. She took our intertwined hands and planted a kiss on my knuckles and said “I was planning to finish it later and just cuddle here with you.”

 

Awwwwwwww....~~~

 

That was really sweet of her... but i won’t let her stop whatever she needs to do.

“I need my Scientist, not a cuddler.”

“I can be both.”

“Paper first, cuddle later.”

“Nooooooooo...” whiny Amber is cutie Amber but nope.

“Clock is ticking... tick tock tick tock...”

“But... but... you’ll be leaving in the morning...” 

“That’s why I’m telling you to finish your paper now.” 

“You really don’t want a cuddler?”

“Nope. I want a Scientist.”

“Are you sure~? No? Okay. How about a quickie instead of cuddles?”

“AMBER!!!”

 

 

♪ These are the last words
I'll say to you
These are the last words
I'll say to you ♫

 

 

I twisted my body a little, stretching my legs and my back to ease the tension I feel inside. Oh that feels so gooood…. my lips curving into a smile with the sudden rush of memories. Amber ended up finishing her paper, me falling asleep while reading a book. When I woke up in the morning she was already beside me her arms locked tightly around my waist. We had breakfast at the Diner before we went on our separate ways, Amber going to her classes while I, going back to New York where I left my clueless sister. She thought I visited my bestfriend Young Eun LOL.    

 

Those were the happy times....

 

The floor feels good on my back… thank God for carpets..

 

I have this weird habit of lying down on the floor of my room while talking on the phone with Vic unnie. Sometimes I do this too when I talk to Luna unnie or with Jinri. It gives me that feeling of calmness… being below other things. Like I can see the world in another point of view.

 

Or I’m just really weird.

 

Lying down on the floor beside my hotel bed, holding the handphone by my left ear while whining to my ever dependable and lovable Victoria unnie. Watching the blue skies of Paris that appears to be cloudless today. What time is it anyway?…

 

How long have I been lying here?  

 

What are you doing now Amber?…

 

“Vic unnie~~...” stupid stupid stupid SOOJUNG!

 

I ALREADY HAD THAT CHANCE!!!

 

“You stupid girl! Why did you look away!? WHAT ARE YOU?! A HIGH SCHOOLER DOING MILDANG?!”

 

“But unnie... I didn’t know what to do!!!! I panicked!” WHAT CAN I DO?! I TOTALLY PANICKED WHEN I SAW AMBER TURNING HER HEAD ON MY DIRECTION! I DIDN’T KNOW WHAT TO DO! I ENDED UP PRETENDING TO LISTEN ON WHATEVER MY SISTER IS SAYING. DAMN IT.

 

“What room did you say she entered?”

 

My face suddenly felt hot, remembering how the person I’ve been longing to see for years entered the room besides mine.

 

We are literally a few feet away from each other now!

 

OH MY GOD.

 

“Uhh... 5-503?...”

 

“Then listen to me JUNG SOO JUNG. You get out of your room, stand in front of Suite 503’s door and knock on it. Go get that idiot or else you will miss this chance fate has given you!!!”

 

“But unnie....” *sigh*

 

“DON’T LET ME DO IT FOR YOU!!!”

 

“VICTORIA UNNIE!!!” 

 

“I’M OUTSIDE NOW, FINISHING THIS GOD DAMN 50TH PICTORIAL OF MY CAREER IN FRONT OF EIFFEL TOWER. DON’T MAKE ME DITCH THIS SHOOT AND DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO! THIS IS FOR YOUR OWN HAPPINESS! YOU’VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS CHANCE... ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS KNOCK ON HER DOOR AND TALK TO HER. YOU NEED CLOSURE, SOOJUNG.” 

 

Closure…

 

Do I really need closure with Amber Liu?

 

“What if I don’t want closure?...” I whispered clutching my phone tight, hands trembling.

 

Victoria unnie sighed at the other line then answered in a calm voice that made me bite my lips to stop my tears from falling.

 

“Then follow what your heart tells you. Whatever happens, unnie will be here waiting for you with a big hug. You can do it, Soojung. I know you do. Don’t let this chance pass by without fighting for what you think you deserve. Just remember...”

 

“What unnie?...”

 

“If you get hurt, heads up. If you want to cry, just cry. Everything is going to be alright.” 

 

"Unnie its not easy..."

 

"Who said its easy? Nothing is too easy in this world. I know this is nerve wracking for you Soojung... Just do what you think is right. If you feel the then go for it!"

 

"YAH VICTORIA SONG!!"

 

UGH. *FACEPALM*

 

.

 

GOODNESS!

 

If only…

 

“Talk to you later you silly girl! They are calling me now! Unnie needs to earn money so I can eat! Bye! YOU CAN DO IT! FIGHTING!!…” the next thing I heard were beeps indicating she already ended the call. Tsss… Vic unnie… you can literally eat anything you want now without doing that photoshoot! My Vic unnie is filthy rich!  

 

I sighed for a hundredth time today and threw my phone on the bed, ruffling my hair and kicking my legs in the air like a crazy ahjumma in frustration.

 

Arrrrghhhhh!!! Whyyyyyyyyyyy????

 

I feel so stupid. Ugh.

 

Amber was there! A few steps away from me… and I let the chance slip away. T-T

 

The moment I saw Amber turning her head on my direction… in my panic… I pretended to be busy talking on my handphone. Pretending I don’t see her. Pretending its a normal day and she is not there. Pretending that I am talking to my sister who was nagging me consistently on the line asking what the did I just say.

 

Coward…

 

Even my inner self hates me.

 

She entered the suite beside my suite. We are literally in one place now! Breathing the same air-conditioned hotel air!

 

But what is she doing here? Why is she in Paris??

 

Maybe you can find the answer to your questions if you are doing now what Victoria told you to do! 

 

Can I do it?

 

What if she finds me annoying?!

 

What if all this hiding was an indication that she really does not love me anymore?

 

What if she is not interested to see me anymore?…

 

What if--

 

My phone suddenly started ringing, startling me. I sat myself on the floor and crawled up to the comfy bed like a kid, seeing the name of the caller blaring on the screen of my handphone. Eh? Victoria unnie again? I lazily swiped the screen to accept the call in Loudspeaker, resting my chin on the soft mattress. “Unnie--”

 

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! WHY DID YOU ANSWER THE CALL?! OH MY GOD STOP ASKING THE ‘WHAT IFS’ JUNG SOO JUNG! ACT NOW! You always worry about nothing!!!” oh my GOD this ahjumma is really creeping me out! How did she know…

 

“Yah, yah I’m moving now! Stop doing that unnie its really creepy!” I buried my face on the fluffy comforter inhaling the clean lavender scent of hotel fabric conditioner. I don’t even know what to do or where to pull that courage to do it!

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter