24 - Dr. Liu's Concept of Four 1st Dates

Our Spring of What Ifs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N: HEY CHINGUS! HERE IS OUR SECOND UPDATE FOR TONIGHT.)

Peace yow~!

:D

 

 

 

CHAPTER 24 - Dr. Liu's Concept of Four 1st Dates

 

 

 

 

 

“Breaking News!”

 

“Former Girls’ Generation member Jessica Jung swindled by her business partner!”

 

“Jessica Jung’s Blanc & Eclare going bankrupt?”

 

“f(x) Krystal still silent on her sister Jessica Jung’s latest issue”

 

“Former Girls’ Generation Jessica Jung’s downfall”

 

 

My eyes rolled in annoyance while reading the headlines for the day. The grip of my hand tightening on the iPad when I read a couple of comments from the netizens. I felt like being swallowed by the couch with every vile word I read. My chest tightened, a small gasp coming out of my lips when I read the last comment.

 

“She deserves it! That’s called KARMA!”

 

“Taeyeon ssi is probably laughing her out right this moment.”

 

“It’s her fault though.”

 

“Jessica ssi, it’s not like you will run out of men. You chose a downgrade from Lee Dong Wook ssi to that scammer Tyler Kwon.”

 

“Soojung-aaa TT… don’t be like your sister.”

 

“B*tch Jessica d*e”

 

 

 

 

I can’t do this anymore.

 

Taking a deep breath, I exhaled it loudly with eyes closed and leaned back tiredly, tossing the iPad on the coffee table that startled the kids. I opened my eyes when I felt on my face, it was Taco that somehow made me smile a little while I felt Pepper’s warmth on my feet. Their sweetness lessening the heavy feeling of angst and annoyance I feel inside. “Sorry babies, I’m not mad…” Taco settled on my lap comfortably as if giving me the comfort I need. I rested my hand on his back his softness while I stare at the wall.

 

It was just last week when everything seemed fine and going well. We thought it’s the end of my sister’s suffering… but it was short-lived.

 

Closing my eyes again, I took deep breaths, calming breaths. Blocking every noise I can hear in the background - except the pitter-patter of the afternoon rain falling outside. The sound of rain has always been music to my ears, it has a calming effect in my soul and clears my mind of every negativity.

 

That bastard! He had the audacity to walk out of the detention center like a free man in the middle of the night when he did the evilest thing to my sister. He took everything away from her without remorse.

 

Her dignity, her life.

 

Blanc & Eclare is Jessica’s life. A dream come true.

 

Now… it crumbles.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: I recommend playing this song)

 

Amber came home early from the university just in time while I was preparing a simple dinner. Music from Maurice and the Zodiacs playing softly in the background to lift up my mood. Listening to the music of my preference is one of the things I do when I want to lift up my mood. I will pop up my choice of vinyl record classics on the turntable, a glass of red wine, a nice view of the Han river with the stars twinkling in the sky, or on a relaxing rainy night… Heaven.

 

I welcomed her in the foyer with the kids who were so excited when they saw her. They kept on barking excitedly because they want Amber’s attention and a pat on their heads. Tsss… these two spoiled brats.

 

She gave me a tired smile and a pat on my head that I answered with a pout, welcoming her in my arms with a big hug. “Tired?” I asked. My right hand the back of her head with gentleness. I felt her body loosening up in my embrace, the warmth of her body making me smile.

 

“Emphasis on ‘WAS’, love. I was tired a minute ago but seeing you now…” she leaned back still having her arms around my body in a hug. She flashes her beautiful smile that made me bite my lips because oh God she looks so adorable in my eyes. She’s blushing!

 

“Seeing me now what?~”

 

“I’m not anymore..~”

 

“Sweet talker.”

 

“Don’t you miss me?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Cruel woman.”

 

“I’ll take that as a compliment, Professor Liu.”

 

She answered me with a cute laugh, her eyes scanning my face. Her eyebrows raised amusedly nodding her head with approval. “Looks like you are having a listening party with the kids. Maurice and the Zodiacs…” Amber’s left hand took my right hand from her neck, her right hand resting at the small of my back, and started swaying our bodies in a slow dance then chuckled. “Told ya, that vinyl record is the best gift I ever gave you.”

 

Have I said before that Amber at dancing? Yep, she does. Obviously, she isn’t trained like me, but she can do a decent slow dance and a little rumba. Just don’t get her drunk or else you will see Amber doing a breakdance on top of a table.

 

I circled my left arm around her neck, the two of us swaying slowly to the music. Amber's lip-synching to the song makes me laugh.

 

It amazes me how Amber’s presence can influence my mood and feelings. Maybe it’s because of her charm, or maybe it’s because of how she makes me feel.

 

Her stares, the way her eyes look at me. Full of gentleness and devotion, love. She makes me feel like I’m the most beautiful woman whenever she looks at me with adoration. She doesn’t even have to say anything, the way she looks says it all.

 

Her lips formed into a cute smirk while looking at me, “Remember our first date?”

 

“Tsss. We went on 4 first dates, Liu.” I replied in a snort.

 

“No we didn’t!” she said with a laugh.

 

I playfully pulled her hair snickering. “Date number 1 was in that bar where you were performing with your band. You sang a Lenny Kravitz song onstage. Then you came down from the stage and pulled me in a corner table then ordered a glass of lemonade…”

 

“What?! That’s not a date--”

 

“... imagine ordering a glass of lemonade with 2 straws in a BAR then said to me ‘This is our first date, Soojung.’” her face turned red that made me laugh once more. She remembers it! I know she does! She was a funny mess that night. And a hot, y rebel looking snack.

 

“Oh God that was embarrassing.”

 

“You were cute. But a mess. A cute mess.”

 

“Your kind of mess?” she asked with a smile. I gave her a peck on her right cheek, caressing her face after. Our bodies swaying to the music. “Yep, my right kind of mess.”

 

“How about the second ‘first date’?”

 

“Oh, that afternoon while strolling at Acorn Street. You suddenly held my hand when a cat jumped in front of us. You held my hand and didn’t let go the whole day…” I can still remember that day, the way Amber’s hand felt warm in mine. I remember blushing so hard when she took my hand, my face heating up when she intertwined our fingers while walking along the street lined up with beautiful brick houses.

 

“For the record, I was so nervous that day Soojung. I thought you will punch me when I grabbed your hand.”

 

“You handled your nervousness so well…”

 

“Did I?”

 

“Yep. A stuttering mess but you passed.”

 

“Damn. And the third? Was it the day I brought you to the Harvard Art Museum?”

 

I narrowed my eyes playfully and shook my head. “Nope. It was at Charles River when you were rowing. You ask me if I want to learn how to row, so you made me ride in your little boat…” the memory made me snort in feigned an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter