17 - SERENITY

Our Spring of What Ifs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

STAY SAFE CHInGUS!!

 

CHAPTER 17

 

 

 

DR. LIU’s POV

 

 

Seattle, Washington

 

 

 

‘Hot Summer, Hot, Hot Summer…’

 

Damn. My girlfriend looks so cool dancing…

 

Okayyyy those hips… really to die for!

 

I really feel sorry yesterday when she said her waist was hurting…

 

Geez… I did go hard a couple of times…

 

Can’t help it really… her moans triggered the animal in me…

 

At this moment, I thank God that I don’t have a d*ck. Because if I have, Soojung is probably pregnant by now. Goddamnit! We are going to be parents and we are not even ready!

 

I facepalmed myself with a laugh. Geez! I’m going crazy.  

 

Woah! The 3 of them are really good performers… singing and dancing live in front of thousands, not even blinking nor missing a beat.

 

I increased the volume of the video clip I am watching on my smartphone, oblivious to the people around me. The hell I care! I’m watching my girlfriend perform and no one can stop me!

 

The 3-minute performance ended much to my dismay. I searched for another clip on the tag I am following, my lips curving into a wide smile seeing a new one and another song. I sat back on my seat in the lobby of a hotel where the gathering is being held, resting for a while before going back inside the ballroom.

 

I called Soojung earlier before their performance to send my support, I’ll be busy when they are performing that’s why I promised her I will watch the clips that the fans will post on SNS. After my talk and simple dinner, I immediately excused myself so that I can finally see my Soojung perform. This is their first night, tomorrow there will be another show then they will fly back home in the morning.

 

Hmmm… I better ask Manager Hojoon if Soojung can extend her stay in Japan for a couple of days more. Maybe I can go straight there after work here… have a short vacation… yeah, I’ll call Manager Hojoon later hehe. Or better yet I’ll text him too. Going back to what I am watching…

 

HOLY MY GIRLFRIEND IS HOT

 

‘Ay- Wait a minute jeong-geul sog-ui lul ttala yaghan janeun meoghyeo’

 

I may look like a lovestruck teenager now, back hunched while smiling like a lunatic looking at my smartphone, head bopping to the music from my headphones… its the price to pay for being so supportive to the person I love.

 

Soojung is so talented. She can sing, dance, act, perform in front of thousands of fans without flinching. Her aura is overflowing! The one I see now on the screen dancing and singing is her alter ego, the Goddess Krystal Jung of f(x).

 

But behind that alter ego, after the music stops and the lights fade, my shy, introvert Soojung appears again. The girl with a beautiful smile that will make your heart drop and knees turns to jelly with just a glimpse of it. The girl with a mind so deep you will drown, a heart so beautiful, eyes so intriguing. The sweetest, most affectionate person I ever known. She has the mind of a philosopher but a heart like a kid.

 

Cute. Always cute.

 

Especially when she gives you that very cute pout and puppy eyes… OH GOD. YOU CAN NEVER SAY NO.

 

YOU WILL GIVE EVERYTHING, THE STARS, THE MOON, THE SUN, THE WIND, EVEN THE WHOLE GALAXY AND MILKY WAY.

 

I love that girl so bad… tsk tsk.

 

I don’t know if making an anonymous SNS account is a good decision, but for the love of Soojung, I did. Hahahaha!

 

It’s been a long time since I saw her perform live with her bandmates, the last time was in LA when they attended the K-pop Conference. I remember being in awe because of their great charisma on stage and overflowing talent. I was so proud of her that day, so proud and excited that I shouted to the top of my lungs in a sea of k-pop spectators the words, “I LOVE YOU KRYSTAL JUNG!!! WHOOOO THAT’S MY GIRL!!!”

 

I got weird stares from everyone.

 

They probably thought I’m a weirdo fanboy or fangirl.

 

“Oh yessss… f(x)! f(x)! f--”

 

“Ehem…” I felt a tap on my shoulder startling me. Causing me to suddenly stood up from my seat, unluckily dropping my phone.

 

“OH JESUS KRYSTAL! I MEAN CHRIST!”  

 

*BLAG!*

 

OH .

 

Taking off my headphone, in front of me is my friend Mr. Bill Gates with an amused smile on his face. Probably thinking and laughing at me inside because I look like a startled teenager hiding something.

 

“Dr. Liu! Hahaha! What the hell are you doing that you got startled?!”

 

“Goodness! Bill!”

 

I quickly took my phone from the floor to check it. My eyes turning wide because of the big crack on the screen. Oh oh !

 

“Oh goodness! I’m sorry Dr. Liu!”

 

Huhuhuhu  T_T

 

I hope it's still working…. T_T

 

“Nah, it’s okay Bill. I was a bit surprised when you tapped my shoulder. Hmmm…” I pushed the Home button of my iPhone 6S checking if the smartphone is still working. Oh great! Still working! “It still works hahaha.”

 

“What are you doing here all alone?” he asked. I motioned for him to sit on the couch to make him comfortable. He’s old already, he needs to sit down so his knees won’t hurt. Hehe.

 

“Just taking a few minutes off from the chaos inside…”

 

“You were watching some video.” haha… this old man.

 

“Haha… yeah… Ummm… you see…” sheesh how do I say this? I motioned my hand in the air trying to explain “I’m watching a concert video… of my… girlfriend. Umm… they are currently in Japan performing on a summer music festival. I promised her I will watch their performance after my talk.”

 

He answered me with a nod as he stares at me and to my iPhone with a broken screen. The bottom right side of the screen has some cracks but still manageable. Tsk tsk… I’m going to bring this to the technician when I come back home to Seoul.

 

“How are you, Amber?”

 

I smiled at him and placed my broken smartphone inside the pocket of my blazer. “I’m doing good. Far more better than before, Bill.”

 

“I was surprised to learn that you settled in South Korea after leaving Amundsen. Is it going to be permanent?”

 

Hmmm… permanent…

 

It depends on the situation…

 

“Well, it depends. I mean… Soojung, my girlfriend… she has her career there. I haven’t thought about that, Bill. We shall see what the future will bring us.”

 

“But you do plan to settle down, right?” he asked.

 

“Of course! But the thing is, even if I am ready, Soojung is not yet ready. I want us to settle down at the right time… both of us ready to face the new chapter of our lives together.”

 

“So what happens now to your career as an Environmentalist? Are you going to stop flying to areas affected by the lack of resources or you will continue your advocacy while in South Korea?” His comment actually made me stop and think.

 

I thought I got it all figured out.

 

The two of us stared at each other for a while, silence enveloping us.

 

“I won’t stop, Bill.” I said breaking the silence. “You caught me off guard there haha… but thinking of it now, I know I will still continue what I have been doing before. As long as I am needed, I will give a helping hand.”

 

“What if she stops you from doing it?” he asked.

 

His question made me smile. He doesn’t know Soojung.

 

He doesn’t know her more than I do.

 

“She won’t. Because she supports me like how I support her career. I know she is proud of what I am doing, Bill.”

 

He answered me with a nod then stood up from his seat. I also stood up after him, placing my hands inside the pocket of my khaki pants. His eyes studying my face with a serious demeanor, probably thinking I’ve gone loony with my answers. I know Bill, he only wants the best for me.

 

Sighing, he gave me a farewell nod, which I reciprocated with a nod too, then turned around to leave. I took a deep breath, slowly releasing it to calm myself when he suddenly halted from his leave and turned around again to face me. I wonder what he forgot to say…

 

“Is she worth it?” he asked.

 

Is that even questionable?

 

My lips formed into a smile, seeing Soojung’s face on my mind. Just the thought of her gives me that feeling of contentment and happiness I have never felt before with anyone.

 

“She will always be worth it.”

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~

 

 

 

SOOJUNG’S POV

 

 

 

 

‘Good morning y’ - Amber

‘😘😘😘’ - Amber

‘It’s around 5 in the afternoon here, imma go for a short run…’ - Amber

 

‘I miss you…’ - Soojung

‘😭😭😭' - Soojung

 

 

 

 

“Ughhhh…”

 

I buried my face on the pillow with a sigh. Ugh. One more night… last night today then we are finally going home!

 

Should I fly back home tonight instead of tomorrow morning?…

 

Tsk.

 

I miss Amber…

 

I miss the kids…

 

*Sigh*

 

I better call Jess…

 

Raising my head from the pillow, I tapped on the screen of my smartphone to Facetime Jessica unnie. She’s probably awake now… I hope. LOL.

 

Connecting….

 

Ringing….

 

‘YAH!’

 

Unnie’s voice came booming from the screen making me laugh. Her hair still disheveled and still looking so sleepy. Awwww…

 

“Unnie!~ Good morning!~”

 

‘What’s good in the morning!? It’s still early! You are disturbing our sleep!’ HAHAHAAHAHA! She looks so pissed! She can’t even open her eyes properly due to sleepiness hahaha!

 

“Jess it’s already quarter to 10 in the morning.”

 

‘Still early!’

 

“Where are my kids?”

 

‘Oh, goodness Jung Soojung! You called this early in the morning just to check on your puppies!?’

 

“I’m being a good parent!”

 

‘How about being a good sister?!’

 

“Hahaha! Silly Jess. Of course, I miss you!”

 

‘Tsss.’

 

“Where are they? Still sleeping?”

 

‘What do you expect? I think those two got their sleeping habits from you…’ she said crinkling her nose.  

 

“Duh?! I’m their mother.”

   

She raises her phone to also capture in the screen the gray fluff ball beside her on the bed. ‘This sweet boy won’t leave my side since yesterday.’ Aaaawwwwwww! My Pepper is sleeping soundly lying on his side, snuggling on Jess unnie’s side. ‘He looks pierce, but Pepper is actually very soft and cute.’

 

Oh God, I miss them so much T_T

 

“Where’s my other boy?”

 

She tapped on the screen and the camera view changes. I let out a quiet laugh seeing my ever cutie pie Taco sleeping on his back all legs up. Awwww… my boys… T_T

 

“Aigoooo~”

 

‘Is this how Amber sleep?’

 

“YAH!”

 

‘That little guy almost bit Tyler last night.’

 

“NO WAY.”

 

‘Yep, your little rascal almost bit my boyfriend’s legs because he tried to sit beside me on the couch while watching TV. He was between us, Ty was an arm reach away from me.’

 

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

 

“Seriously?! Taco did that!?”

 

‘And your little fluff ball here showed his little fangs to Tyler when my boyfriend tried to enter my room. Pepper was growling like a cute wolf last night. I think he scared Tyler a bit hahaha haha!’

 

Wow. My boys are doing a pretty good job of protecting Jess.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter