19 - Dr. Liu's Thoughts

Our Spring of What Ifs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: HEY CHINGUS :)

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A LONG UPDATE THAT I MADE A WEEK OR TWO AGO. BUT BECAUSE OF PERSONAL MATTERS I DECIDED TO CUT THIS CHAPTER INTO TWO. WILL POST THE OTHER CHAPTER SOON.

I MISS YOU ALL :)

PEACE YOW :)

 

Chapter 19

 

 DR. LIU’S POV

 

 

 

Soojung’s face-off with the Agency was a success. Well, we consider it a success because they stepped back and did not ask her again to do their plan for another media play. Soojung told me the co-CEO warned her that she will regret her decision.

 

I don’t know if it’s a threat or a harmless way of salvaging their faces. But none the less we have to be vigilant when it comes to her agency. Soojung said she still has 2 years left on her contract and she is planning not to renew after it ends.

 

When I asked her what are her plans after her contract ends, she only gave me a cute smile shrugging her shoulders and continued on reading her script.

 

Anyway...   

 

The news outlet who took our photos had a private meeting with our representatives 2 days after that meeting of Soojung with her agency. Soojung and I were watching through video call while they settle the situation.

 

It was nerve-wracking.

 

Turns out there are more photos than we expected.

 

It was like digging a treasure chest of precious jewels from the past, the revelation giving me goosebumps at the same time amazement.

 

Photos from 2013 in Los Angeles when their group attended K-con. We were photographed together leaving the premises of their hotel where the whole group stayed. Her group mates went back to South Korea while Soojung stayed in my hometown for a couple of days.

 

There were 3 photos of Soojung entering my car and 2 photos of us from afar while eating in a Sushi restaurant at Beverly Hills. Only my side profile was shown in the photos plus both of us were wearing sunglasses at that time.

 

How dedicated they are that they managed to follow me and Soojung in LA?! Its almost Hollywood paparazzi style!

 

Then the other photos were the recent ones in Tokyo. There were two photos of Soojung leaving the hotel that night entering the van. One photo of the van while they were following where the vehicle is heading then the rest were the photos of us in the hangar hugging and when we kissed. The back of my head visible in the photos which were obviously taken from afar by a camera phone. It’s obvious though, full zoom that’s why the photos were a little pixelated. 

 

We asked them through our representatives to name their price. Let’s be honest here, money is the only thing that they want. Why waste our time denying or stopping them?

 

If they really want to release those pics, they should have done it a long time ago. Even those photos from Tokyo.

 

But nah, they didn’t. Why?

 

Because they need those photos for bargaining and blackmailing agencies and artists. Especially sensitive photos that definitely will break a celebrity’s career overnight.

 

What else will their agency do? Of course, pay the paparazzi to silence them.

 

They brought the photos to the agency knowing that they will earn. While the agency found a way to use it for their own gain. Pathetic.

 

In the end, our camp and the media agency reached an agreement.

 

They will surrender all the photos they took from 2013 to present, including the physical copies and the hard drive where everything is saved.   In the event that those photos resurface in print or Social Media without our knowledge, our legal team will file a case against them for breaking the signed agreement. They will not post any articles about Soojung that may damage her career nor follow her again. Anything that was discussed in that meeting is confidential and must never be mentioned to anyone ever again.   In exchange, we will pay them 2 Billion Won for their silence. If they break the agreement, they will pay quadruple the amount and will face legal charges that will cost them a lot of money.

 

I don’t regret paying them. If it’s the price we have to pay for their silence and not troubling Soojung and her family, then it’s fine.

 

It’s just money. I will earn it. Just now I’m earning it without doing anything. I have good investments that’s why I’m not worried at all plus my finances are being managed by my financial adviser... courtesy of my father’s company. ;)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Maybe you are all curious about my family background. Hmmm... how do I explain it without bragging?

 

My parents are Taiwanese immigrants, worked their way up to where they are now, and worked hard to give us the best life.

 

I have an older sister named Jackie and I love her dearly. She’s the best sister ever, hands down.

 

My father’s family are all living in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter