23 - Chasing the Slimey Lizard

Our Spring of What Ifs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! POSTING THE FIRST UPDATE FOR TONIGHT. 

Peace yow~! 

:D

 

 

 

Chapter 23 - Catching the Slimey Lizard

 

 

 

Dr. Liu’s POV

 

 

A week passed by and still nothing.

 

No trace of Tyler Kwon everywhere.

 

The people my father hired to search for him in China are still getting the needed information and tracing his whereabouts. Dad said he will inform me immediately if there are any updates, saying he will make sure that Tyler Kwon will be found.

 

Thankfully though, the issue hasn’t reached the media. YET. And I hope never because if that happens, it will be the biggest news of the year according to my girlfriend.

 

It was a Saturday morning, both of us too lazy to get up from bed enjoying cuddling when my phone suddenly rang. “Love… it’s yours.” Soojung sleepily said with her face on the crook of my neck.

 

“Who calls this early…” I mumbled while reaching to my right, getting the ringing phone on top of the bedside table. My left hand immobile as it was around Soojung’s shoulders using it as her pillow earlier.

 

Seeing the name on the screen, the sleepiness in my system disappeared, and became alerted. “Love, it’s Dad…” I informed Soojung who immediately raises her head from my neck, sleepiness also fading away. She sat on the bed like me with eyes hopeful, wanting to hear good news. I told her last night about the favor I asked my Father to do, at first, she was so embarrassed that Dad had to be bothered about their family problem but I explained to her that it’s fine and my Father was willing to help.

 

“Hello… Dad?”

 

“Amber! Thank God you finally answered. Sorry for calling so early…”

 

“Nah, it’s okay Dad we are already awake…”

 

“Good, good… is Soojung there?”

 

I threw a look at Soojung before answering Dad “Yep, she’s here…”

 

“Okay put me on speakerphone. She needs to hear what I will say…”

 

I tapped on the screen putting our phone call into speaker mode and placed the phone on the bed. Soojung scooted closer to my side putting her hair in a ponytail. My eyes landed on her bare that I have to smirk mischievously. She saw the look on my face giving me a ‘stop-it’ look, slapping my grinning face playfully. Damn. What can I do? She looks smashingly delicious. “Hi, Uncle David!~…”

 

“Soojung!~ How are you? I hope I didn’t disturb your sleep…”

 

“Nope, not at all! We were just lazying around since I don’t have any schedule today… it got canceled.” Actually, she asked Manager oppa to reschedule her meeting this afternoon with her Agency bosses to Monday. I believe it’s about her contract renewal.

 

“Listen, Soojung… this is about that guy Tyler Kwon.” Soojung and I shared a look and both giving a nod in understanding. I gave her the phone and stood up from the bed picking up the robe from the floor and placed it on her back, helping her wear it to cover her body. We kinda had some fun and celebration last night that we both ended up sleeping because of exhaustion due to the intense physical activity.

 

“Oh…”

 

After dressing up Soojung, I found my shirt and boxers by the foot of our bed lying carelessly on the floor. I picked it up and wore the garments quickly then settled beside Soojung ready for what my Father will say.

 

“Sure Uncle, I’m ready to listen…”

 

I took her right hand and intertwined it with my left hand giving her moral support. I hope this nightmare will be over immediately. Soojung worries so much for Jessica who won’t even go out of her unit because of fear the media might find out about the problem, waiting for news about that prick Tyler Kwon. Even their parents are so furious, Uncle Jung especially. Their mom’s Blood Pressure shot up when Jessica announced to them the news. They were very devastated.

 

Who wouldn’t be devastated? They trusted the bastard so much.

 

“Well, the men I hired already found where the bastard is hiding. Apparently, from the US he flew to Thailand using a fake passport and identity. He is currently staying on a private island living like a rockstar…” I heard the sneer from the other line then Dad continued “I already talked to my Hong Kong friends giving them the information gathered. My friends in Thailand are currently watching his every move. The Hong Kong authorities are coordinating with their Thai counterparts and Interpol, they will conduct a special operation today to arrest Tyler to bring him back to Hong Kong for questioning and to face his other charges…”

 

Soojung’s face lit up like a heavy burden was lifted from her shoulders because of the information Dad gave us. I can’t help but plant a kiss on her temple while holding her tight. Finally! That prick should really be arrested! He took all of Jessica’s earnings from her business and not just that, he even managed to up concerning Jessica’s career!

 

“Uncle David, thank you so much… my family is indebted to you…”

 

“It’s the least I can do to help your family Soojung. Take care of your Father and Mother… I know this is hard but don’t worry everything will be alright… your sister must be devastated I know what she feels because I’m a businessman myself.” I saw how Soojung was biting her lips to stop herself from tearing up but her eyes betrayed her. I gave her hand a gentle squeeze to let her know we are in this together.

 

“I’m so embarrassed right n-now…”

 

“Don’t be! The who should be feeling that way is that bastard. Just think positively my child…”

 

“I will, Uncle. I will.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter