14 - Decisions

Our Spring of What Ifs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Note:

Red Italics - Soojung

Blue Italics - Taeyeon

Green Italics - Amber

Purple Italics - Jessica

 

 

CHAPTER 14

 

SOOJUNG’S POV

 

 

 

 

15 minutes.

 

It has been 15 minutes since I regained my consciousness after fainting, my mind still in a daze but stable. I don’t even know why I fainted. Probably because of hunger… or most probably because of shock.

 

I just… I just can’t understand what is happening.

 

The event earlier was something I didn’t expect, especially from the two of them.

 

Looks like Fate is playing on us 3.

 

I cleared my throat to break the overwhelming silence growing inside the room. My eyes taking a peek first at Amber who was sitting on the living area playing with the puppy. She turned her head on our direction giving me a warm smile before turning back her attention to the snuggling puppy in her arms.

 

Zero is kinda cute though. Just like Ginger.

 

Tsk tsk. My dear Dr. Liu…

 

She really wants a puppy. The way her eyes sparkles while playing with the puppy makes me smile. She looks so adorable!

 

Okay, I’ll think about the 'adopting a dog' part on our relationship. I do love dogs too, but the only reason I don’t have one is because of my busy schedule. I’m always out of the country… actually, most of the time due to work and also personal vacations. I only stay in Seoul when I have any upcoming schedules or a drama to film, but most of the time I spend it with my friends and family in the US.

 

Adopting a pet and taking care of it is a serious business. The two of you build this connection, trust. It's like having a kid with cute paws and wriggling tails. You feed them, you walk them, you bring them to the Vet for any health-related concerns, to the grooming salon for their grooming.

 

Your pet is like your own child, you give each other comfort in times of misery and loneliness. Their silliness can make you smile, their feels like them giving you empathy and affection. I, personally, will feel bad if I have to leave my “kid” every time I need to go overseas or spend a lot of time outside because of my work.

 

When us humans already feel loneliness when we are alone all day inside our house with no one to talk to, what more are dogs who are so affectionate and playful? Every one of us needs a companion.

 

I feel that Zero is doing his job perfectly as Taeyeon’s companion.

 

Sigh.

 

I’ll think about it later.

 

Taking a deep breath, I released it slowly before I broke the awkward tension we have. “So… ummm… I apologize for fainting earlier.”

 

Taeyeon who was playing with her hands on the table looked up to me and awkwardly nodded. “It’s fine… but are you okay though? Is it your anemia?” My face suddenly felt hot and a bit touched because of her question.

 

Wow… she still remembers…

 

I shook my head giving her a small smile. “Nah, not my anemia. Ummm… I don’t know… maybe because of shock?” my eyes darted to Jessica who has her attention on her hands. She was also playing with her hands on the table, specifically playing with the ring that Tyler gave her. I wonder what she’s thinking…

 

“Well… you have all the reason to be shocked anyway… we don’t even see each other inside the Agency anymore.”

 

“Hahaha… well… nothing to do there anyway. I just go when needed.” she nodded at my reply. I saw how she looked at my sister who is still having a blank space until now. Ugh. Taeyeon looks like asking for a back up from a wall.

 

Ugh. Jessica Jung. Why are you even acting like a guilty kid who was caught with her hand inside the cookie jar?!

 

“So Jess!” I purposely raised my voice a little just to surprise her stupid stillness. She reacted in a snap so surprised she knock the fork on her right.

 

“Yah!!” she immediately made a gesture to pick up the fallen fork then gently placed it down on her right. “Soojung! Stop raising your voice like that!” She glared at me shooting daggers in my direction.  

 

“Oh, sorry~.” I turned to Taeyeon and gave her a smile. “Please stay for dinner.”

 

She gestured to herself eyes wide not believing what I said. “Di-dinner?” Of course, how can she not believe it? It’s me KRYSTAL JUNG asking her to stay for dinner and being nice. The sister of their ex-member whom the fans labeled as the person who has the biggest animosity towards their group.   

 

I looked at her and my sister, two people who was once so close they were inseparable when their group was starting. The young Soojung witnessed the closeness, the friendship the two of them built. But then… things happened.

 

My sister and Taeyeon shared a look, the latter like asking if it’s okay while my sister having that soft stare then answered with a nod. It was like watching the old Taeyeon and Jessica again after all these years, even me I can’t believe it - that Jessica Jung can be a softie when it comes to Kim Taeyeon.

 

“O-okay, I’ll stay for dinner,” she said with a quiet smile.   

 

Another awkward silence enveloped us three. Oh well, I’m hungry. Might as well start eating because the food has turned cold already!

 

“Okay! Then let’s eat now because I’m really hungry…” I stood up from my seat and went to the kitchen to get a set of plate and utensils. If they aren’t going to speak about it then might as well eat than waste our time awkwardly staring to one another. I came back to the table and placed the plate and utensils in front of Taeyeon. My sister was still silent which bothers me so much.

 

What is happening to her?

 

The normal Jessica Jung would have been blabbering non-sense and defending herself from questions I haven’t ask. This Jessica right now is not even doing nor saying anything, just staring at blank space as if she’s too riddled with the world’s problem.

 

Amber and I shared a look, my girlfriend giving me a nod as if saying we are going to talk about it later. She made her way to the dining table and sat on my left, Jess on my right sitting at the top of the table, Taeyeon sitting on the other side opposite me.

 

“Ummm… oh, by the way…” I turned to Amber touching her arm and saw her smile at me before turning to Taeyeon “This is Amber… my girlfriend.” she handed her hand across the table to Taeyeon who was bowing, sparing a glance at me - as if asking how, when, or where - before awkwardly accepting Amber’s handshake with her Korean accented English. “He-hello… ah.. Taeyeon..” she patted her chest while smiling at Amber.

 

“It’s an honor to meet you, Miss Taeyeon.” when Amber started talking in Korean, Taeyeon had a wondering look, surprise even, because of Amber’s mastery of the language.

 

“You speak Korean… wow…”

 

“Ah, yeah… hahaha…” Amber shyly reached for the back of her head scratching it. She turned to me and smiled before continuing “One of the perks for having a Korean girlfriend who has the patience to teach you the basics.”

 

“What can I do? I’m a good teacher~…” I said in a jest, flipping my hair jokingly. Both of them shared a laugh breaking the ice instantly.

 

“Well… okay, you are great but also I’m quite a quick learner too…”

 

“Tsss… yeah right..”

 

 I turned to Jess and saw her sighing, her eyes finally on me. “Shall we eat now, Jess?”

 

She answered me with a nod, her lips smiling but her eyes had that sad look. Something is really bothering my sister and I will make her tell me everything…

 

Whatever it takes.

 

“Let’s start dinner, I’m starving too.” she gave Amber and Taeyeon a smile then patted my hand that is resting on the table, squeezing it gently.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

I came out of the bathroom while drying my hair with a towel but my mind was so occupied by the events that transpired a couple of hours ago. I sat in front of my vanity mirror and stared at myself in the mirror, my head full of thoughts.

 

After dessert, we called it a night and said goodbye. Amber and I accompanied Taeyeon downstairs at the Basement Parking to send her off before we went back to my unit. Well, my girlfriend can’t get enough of Zero so yeah… she sent him off. LOL.

 

It was surreal. Very surreal.

 

Such a bizarre event tonight. I can’t believe this… that Kim Taeyeon was in Jessica Jung’s apartment. That they had a talk… that she spent hours with my sister and me. It was something I never thought will happen, not even in a million years.

 

Until now I wonder what might be happening to Jess. It's very unusual for her to act like that, more unusual that she and Taeyeon were talking and interacting like that. Is there something happening that I didn’t know?

 

Here comes the weird and alarming part.

 

Taeyeon said something to me before driving off.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter