4 - Unforgettable Random Memories of You P1

Our Spring of What Ifs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


CHAPTER 4

 

 

 

 


“Welcome to Paris once again Docteur Liu!” 

 

I took the hand that was offered to me and shook it with a tired smile. Jacques Stratford, the man who always welcomes me in Paris. He is a member of the Climate Change Committee and a good friend. Copper hair with aristocratic nose and gray eyes, towering over me with his large frame. He welcomed me with his charming smile and kind nod. 

 

“Thank you for welcoming me as always Jac. Sorry for waking you up so early.”

 

“Ahhh no no it is fine Docteur Liu old people rise early than young ones like you.” I answered him with a chuckle shaking my head. “Do not be sorry. Come now and let us check you in to your Suite. It has been ready for you Docteur-..”

 

“Jac, as always, just call me Amber. Please.”

 

“Hahaha! Okay, okay Amber! By the way I apologize for this place! The Peninsula was fully booked for the week this is the only hotel with an available Suite when I called them yesterday...” 

 

 

I marveled at the structure in front of me, admiring the architecture and simpleness it has. Probably just 5 floors… with small terraces on the second and top floor. I’m used on staying at The Peninsula when I travel to Paris but I guess this is fine too. As long as I will have a pleasant and wonderful, uninterrupted stay then good. 

 

 

 

We entered the establishment that screams comfort and relaxation, the muscles on my back instantly craving for the softness of a mattress. Ugh. My back… I need to stretch this later…

 

To be honest, I don’t care where he puts me to stay for the whole week. What is important for me right now is to have a nice, warm, and comfortable bed so I can finally sleep. I want to sleep this tiredness away and be energize for the following days that is coming.  

 

Of course add a pleasant bathroom with Hot & Cold shower, magnificent Wi-Fi connection, and manageable Breakfast Selection then I’m good. 

 

Its not bad at all, the hotel looks decent. Hotel Elysées Union.

 

We were ushered to the Patio where an indoor garden welcomed us while they ready the room also bringing my luggage, Jac and I decided to have coffee while chatting. 

 

 

“Jane told me in an e-mail sent by her secretary that she has a ‘wonderful’ surprise…” I made a gesture with my hands quote and quote that made him laugh “… tomorrow evening. I wonder what it is…” 

 

“Hahaha! Me too, Amber. Me too. I am wondering what that surprise is. You know her, always full of surprises.”

 

“True, so true.” I nodded agreeing to Jac. 

 

“She likes you Amber, very much.” I answered him with a chuckle shaking my head with an embarrassed smile. This old man really… tsk tsk tsk. 

 

“Goodness Jac! Jane is already my--” my words were cut off when sudden noises of screams filled the once quiet air of the hotel. Who the hell…

 

Screams here and there, that I immediately concluded as something what you hear on TV and concerts. The kind of screaming that hurts your ears and irritates your senses. I closed my eyes trying to calm myself from all the screaming I hear. Because WHY! WHY WILL YOU SCREAM LIKE A PIG WHEN IN A CONCERT OR WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU IDOLIZE?! 

 

And its all too familiar… 

 

“Ugh… c'est embarrassant! Je suis désolé pour ce docteur... it is probably someone famous who came. I forgot to tell you its the week of the fashion show…” Jac kept on babbling about the fashion show that is happening tomorrow but my mind already drifting to a distant memory.

 

 

 

 

“You know what my ultimate dream is?…”

“What?” 

“Be invited to attend the Fashion Week in Paris or Milan… sitting in front seeing those beautiful clothes as if they are precious art being displayed for the audience to admire. Oh my God that will be exciting!” 

The twinkle in her eyes and dreamy look says it all. Soojung is daydreaming and I love it when she does that. Because I have all the time in the world to stare at her and watch her face let out the expressions I so love to see. 

Always full of wonder and amazement… 

She took a sip of her Milk Shake still trapped in her daydream while I enjoy watching her as always. I’ll never get tired listening to all her babblings…

Like how I will never get tired of loving her…

 

 

 

 

Soojung… have you reach your ultimate dream? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Amber!”

 

I was brought back to my senses when Jac called my name. He was already stan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter