3 - Memories of Chicken Nuggets and You

Our Spring of What Ifs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! POSTING A SHORT CHAPTER FOR ALL OF YOU. 

 

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want - The Smiths

 

I recommend playing the song while reading. 

 

Peace yow!~

 

 

 

CHAPTER 3

 

SPRING, 2013

CAMBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETS

 

KRYSTAL’S POV

 

 

 

 

I, CHRYSTAL SOO JUNG--

 

NO, I, JUNG SOO JUNG IS--

 

NO NO NO!

 

Why did I even agree to watch a movie with them?

 

Aiiishhh!

 

A deep sigh escaped my mouth once again, my eyes on the big screen but my mind unfocused. I can’t even appreciate the movie since it started 10 minutes ago.

 

Why?

 

HOW CAN I EVEN FOCUS?!

 

“Soojung…” OHMIGOD THAT LOW WHISPERY VOICE AGAIN!

 

Don’t be too obvious Soojung!

 

Turning my head on my right, this cute shy looking good smelling Amber was holding up with her left hand a box of Mcdonald’s Chicken Nuggets and French Fries as if she’s giving me a box of jewels. “O-oh. Thanks…” MOOOOMMM SHE BOUGHT ME A BOX OF 20s!!!! I’M NOT EVEN ASKING HER TO BUY FOR ME!!!!

 

 

I wonder… did she heard my mumbling earlier?…

 

“My pleasure…” she flashes her grin and Krystal Jung dies on the spot.

 

What the hell is happening to me!?

 

I shook my head to throw away those ‘thoughts’ swimming like Lactobacillis inside my head. Better focus in this movie and my Chicken Nuggets and Fries…

 

“Soojung…” I’m dead.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I forgot to give you this…” MOOOOM SHE GOT ME DOUBLE PACKS OF BARBECUE DIPPING SAUCE!!!

 

She opened the small packet of the sauce and placed it inside the box I am holding. Her full attention on my food while my attention was fully on her face so near I can consider it food.

 

Especially her long… pretty… eyelashes… pulling me…

 

OHGODWHATTHEHELLISHAPPENINGTOME.

 

STOPITSOOJUNGSHEISAGIRLANDYOUAREAGIRL…

 

….YOUAREAGIRLANDYOUCANLIKEGIRLSTOOLIKEHOWBOYSCANLIKEGIRLSANDBOYSTOO…

 

Gosh…

 

This is just a silly crush…

 

A crush that developed after few hours?!

 

I quickly looked away trying to ignore this growing fondness. This is crazy…

 

Really crazy--

 

I froze in my seat when she took my free hand placing a couple of tissues in there, the contact utterly freezing the remaining brain cells I have.

 

MOOOOOOOMMMMM SHE HELD MY HAND!!!!! MOOOOMMMM I DON’T WANNA GET MARRIED EARLY!!!!!

 

Stop it Soojung you sound like a lunatic my goodness!

 

But one thing I noticed is…

 

Her hands are warm… and I felt secured in just a few seconds her hands touch mine.

 

Is this a sign?

 

Crazy.

 

I muttered a simple ‘Thanks’ that she answered with a hum her eyes already glued on the big screen. I’m going crazy I don’t even know why darn it! I need this date to be over as much as possible…

 

The most annoying part is seeing your bestfriend and her date being sweet in front of you. The hell this two! They really sat on the row in front of us! Not even in our row but in front of us! REALLY LEAVING ME TO SIT BESIDE AMBER!

 

Oh please DO NOT ever try to smooch in front of me or else I will abandon you all here and go back to the hotel!

 

Taking a deep breath, I decided to just put my focus on the film since even my seat mate is engrossed now on what we are watching.

 

UPSIDE DOWN… Interesting movie…

 

Like this cute person beside me.

 

Suddenly turning my world upside down.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the movie ended, the four of us decided to have dinner in a nearby Japanese restaurant at Harvard Square. Yeah, I know… I said I wanted this date to end quickly. But I respect my bestfriend and I will do anything for her happiness. Soooo off we go to dinner!

 

And of course, the dating couple are attached together by their hips and arms while I and Amber walk following behind them. The two of us walking side by side with one ft. gap between us, the film being discussed along the way.

 

I’m usually talkative with close friends but never with strangers. That’s me, always awkward around people I do not know that they think I’m rude or cold. I lost count of the instances I was called names because of my coldness but I don’t care, this is me. Although sometimes hate comments really dampens my mood. I hate it.

 

But for the first time ever in my whole existence, I found myself exchanging opinions with this person Amber Liu. Its been quite nice.

 

“Wait, so you are saying that the movie ?!” I said, crossing my arms in front of my shirt for warmth. The night is beautiful and a bit cold… the right kind of cold. Biting my lower lip, I took a glance at Amber and instantly my gaze landed on her lips.

 

Oh.

 

She answered my question with a chuckle and a shrug.  

 

“Well, if that is how you categorize romantic movies then yes it .”  

 

“The whole visual of the movie looks great…”

 

“But the story plot still .”

 

“You gotta admit it Amber, the imaginary two worlds were one of a kind. Its the modern version of Heaven and Hell. Panem and District 13..”

 

“Hmmm… you got a point there. Its a generic love story being told for ages already.” I nodded my head in agreement. “Typical love story… Rich girl…”

 

I saw the small smile on her lips and boy how I wanted to smack her head. DON’T SMILE LIKE THAT!!! “Poor boy…”

 

“Bad circumstances..”

 

“You and Me against the world cliche type of movie.”

 

“True.” the two of us nodded in agreement, both turning our heads to each other and smiled. My cheeks burning in embarrassment that I have to look away immediately for her not to see it. What the hell is happening with me today?!

 

Both of us turned quiet for a while walking, my inner self finding more things to discuss with her and I don’t even know why. The refreshing wind of Spring blowing my hair in a disarray again. Aww I forgot my rubber band…

 

I brought my hands to my hair to fix it when Amber halted us two in our steps leaving me confused. “I have a rubber band… you can have it.” she said while pulling out two pieces of rubber band from the pocket of her Harvard jacket. Great!

 

 

“Thank you! I forgot my rubber band--”

 

 

The next action she did again, froze me on my spot.

 

 

“Here, let me get that for you.”

 

 

She was standing in front of me, half an arm away that her intoxicating scent clouds my judgement. MOOOOOOOOMMMMM SHE SMELLS LIKE JO MALONE!!!!

 

Fixing my long hair and tying it in a ponytail using the rubber band she offered. I don’t even know how to react, nor have the strength to push her…

 

Why?

 

 

My knees.

 

 

The close contact turned my knees into jelly.

 

 

Like literally… took my breath away.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter