Task #34: Eros' Shield of Protection

Angel N Devil Season 2

Seconds passed but Wang Zi still didn't feel anything. What he didn't know is that Ding Dang went in front of him, as a light green barrier appeared, protecting her and him.

 

 

"It's Eros' Shield of Protection!", Wei Yi exclaimed.

 

 

(A/N: Eros' Shield of Protection

- A barrier that only a vampire can do and the barrier protects the vampire's mate. The demons/crawlers can still sense vampire's mate feelings and attack the vampire's mate, but it cannot possess him/her. It will immediately set up once the vampire felt his heart beat when he/she set his/her eyes on a person. Only the vampire can control this barrier. The person who have this barrier won't notice it, until the vampire who loves him/her is in danger. The barrier can also be helpful at confidential times. If the vampire doesn't want anyone to come near his/her mate, the barrier will prevent them from getting near.

 

P.S. Xiao Xiong couldn't sense Ding Dang because he's both a devil and an angel.)

 

 

"So that barrier is the reason why I can't sense Ding Dang anymore?", Xiao Xiong asked in disbelief. Wei Yi nodded his head. "Yes, starting from the day that Wang Zi saw her, you won't be able to sense her for the rest of your life.", he said.

 

 

"So Wang Zi is... in love with Ding Dang?", Charlie asked. "It's a possibility. But we have to know one more thing to confirm if he really loves Ding Dang and if she really is his mate.", Wei Yi said.

 

 

"You idiot! You wasted another poison, we won't be able to kill him anymore!", one of the Day Crawlers shouted. "There's no time to fight, let's kill him!", the other said. They charged at her without any second passing.

 

 

Ding Dang took out her weapon and a red-yellow aura surrounded her. She started fighting back with her weapon and her Destruction Index reaching 5300. "Don't you try to hurt him!", she shouted at them. She was getting angry at them. He already lost enough! Why can't they leave him alone?

 

 

She was about to attack them again when a huge green fire ball appeared behind her and started rolling through the Day Crawlers. The group of demons freaked out and and started running away for their lives, leaving the park.

 

 

Ding Dang turned back to see Wang Zi staring at the ashes. Although he was looking down, she could still see the tears from his eyes. She walked up to him and squatted down, placing her hand on his shoulder.

 

 

"If you want to cry, just let it all out.", she said, looking at him. He immediately hugged her and buried his head on her shoulder, crying his eyes out. She hugged him back, silence in between the two of them.

 

 

Then the ashes started glowing, gaining their attention. Wang Zi looked at it and sobbed. "No, you can't go yet.", he whispered. Without any second, the ashes vanished like it wasn't even there. He stared at it helplessly, and cried even more.

 

 

"Are you guys alright?", Xiao Xiong asked as they finally entered the scene. Ding Dang looked at them. "Aiyo, you guys are here too?", she asked. "We're here before you even appeared.", Charlie said. "But is it really true that he's a vampire? I still don't believe it.", Yan Yan said.

 

 

"You mean, you still can't believe that Wang Zi is a half Pure-blooded Night Crawler and half vampire. Because so do I.", Kate said. Wei Yi stared at the beaten up heir of the vampire kingdom. "You lost too much energy and some blood. You need to recover soon.", he said.

 

 

Wang Zi tried to stand up, but failed as he was back on the ground again. Ding Dang sighed at that and helped him up. She put his arm on her shoulder and helped him walk. "How long have you known his real identity?", Wei Yi asked as they got near them.

 

 

"About a week.", Ding Dang said. Xiao Feng titled her head. "Aren't you afraid of him?", she asked. Ding Dang shooked her head. "Why would I? He was there whenever I need help.", she said. "You mean he is always by your side?", Xiao Xiong asked. "Uh, I don't know about that but... kind of?"

 

 

"Does he need blood donor? Only Teacher said that he lost some blood.", Xiao Feng asked. "Yin Xiao Feng, you missed the point.", Yan Yan said. "She didn't missed the point. But he doesn't need a blood donor either.", Wei Yi said.

 

 

"Master Ming Wang, you don't have to continue confusing them.", Wang Zi said in a raspy voice. Wei Yi smiled at that. "You can call me Wei Yi, Ming Wang doesn't exist anymore.", he said. The latter nodded his head.

 

 

"I think we should give these two some alone time.", Wei Yi said. They all gave him a confused look, until they heard Ding Dang speaking. "Hey, why are you hesitating? You can't continue living without doing it.", she said.

 

 

They all turned at them, watching their conversation. "But I don't plan on-", Wang Zi was cut off when Ding Dang gave him a scolding look. "Aiya, I told you before. You can always do that at times like this.", she said. He looked at her in hesitant.

 

 

"What are they talking about?", Kate whispered. They all shrugged their shoulders, until Xiao Feng gasped. "Look!", she said, pointing at them. They all turned to find Wang Zi showing his fangs and his head was leaning on Ding Dang's neck. Before they knew it, he bit her neck and started her blood.

 

 

"I told you guys, we should give them alone time.", Wei Yi said. "But Ding Dang-", Kate couldn't finish what she's saying. "Don't worry, Wang Zi won't kill her. Ding Dang is his mate afterall.", Wei Yi said.

 

 

With that, they left the park, leaving the two alone.

 

 

Flashback

 

 

Ding Dang woke up and frowned as she felt her neck in pain. "What happened?", she asked as she placed her hand on her neck. Then she saw Wang Zi sitting on the floor, sleeping. Then it hit her, he bit her neck.

 

 

She saw him waking up as well, as soon as he saw her awake, he smiled at her and got near her. "Are you okay? Do you feel hurt anywhere?", he asked. She nodded her head. "A little bit. My neck hurts.", she said. He let out an apologetic smile at her. "Sorry about that. But it won't hurt anymore after an hour.", he said.

 

 

"Does vampires have to do that whenever they got in danger? They'll someone's blood to survive?", Ding Dang asked. "That's true, but vampires are also picky of which blood they will .", Wang Zi said. There was a silence in between them.

 

 

"... Didn't you told me that you're life is always in danger? Is this it?", she asked. He nodded his head as he looked down. "Then, if you're always beaten up and has lost too much blood... you'll someone's blood?", she asked. "That's part of our healing process, we can heal anyone but we can't heal ourselves.", he told her.

 

 

"But once a vampire someone's blood, they can't anyone's blood other than that person.", Wang Zi added. Ding Dang's eyes widened at that. "You mean... if you got beaten up again, you'll my blood?", she asked. He sighed and nodded his head. "Yes, but I won't your blood without your consent. I'm also very careful to not have too much of your blood.", he said.

 

 

She began to feel a little afraid of him, but a part of her tells her to help him and fight along with him. My wish is to protect him... If that blood is one of the things that I'll do to protect him... then... "It's okay that you feel afraid of me, I completely understand that.", he said, breaking her out of her thoughts.

 

 

Wang Zi cupped her cheeks and stared at her eyes. "Yes, I'm one of those creatures. But I'm willing to be one of a kind just for you.", he said. Hearing that, Ding Dang felt her heart beating fast again. She found herself smiling at him.

 

 

Seeing her smile, he smiled at her. "I like it when you smile.", he said, making her blush in a shade of red. But I love it when I'm the reason...

 

 

End of Flashback