Task #12: Suspicious

Angel N Devil Season 2

Xiao Feng paced around on the school's rooftop as she waited for Charlie. "That peacock king is late. He even had the guts to tell me that I shouldn't be late.", she muttered to herself.

 

 

She took out her phone and dialed Charlie's number. She placed it near her ear and waited for him to accept the call. After a few rings, he answered the call. "Hey, peacock king. You had the guts to warn me that I shouldn't be late and now you're late?", she ranted to him.

 

 

"The car ran out of gas, we're already near the school.", Charlie said on the other line. "If you're not here within the next ten minutes, I'll leave the rooftop.", she said before ending the call. Wang Charlie is so unpredictable.

 

 

Xiao Feng heard footsteps behind her, she turned around to see Wang Zi walking and staring at the sky. She looked up at the sky as well. What is he looking at? There's nothing interesting at the sky. She then looked back at him.

 

 

In a blink of an eye, Wang Zi looked at her making her startle. She gulped as she felt scared seeing his expressionless face. "H-hi Classmate Wang Zi, i-it's nice to meet you.", she stuttered out. She walked backwards as soon as she saw him walking towards her.

 

 

Wang Zi then extended his closed fist to her, before opening it. As soon as he did that, a bug flew around Xiao Feng. She screamed in surprise as she tried to make it go away. He only stared at her, not bothering to help her.

 

 

"Hey, what are you doing to her?!", Charlie shouted as he stood in front of Xiao Feng. Wang Zi stopped his actions and looked at him. Charlie looked at Xiao Feng, he could see that she's trembling in fear. He didn't notice that the bug flew away from them.

 

 

"What did you do to her?! Did you hurt her?!", Charlie shouted at Wang Zi. The latter remained expressionless as he backed away from the two of them a little. "Don't think you can escape after scaring her.", Charlie warned him. He took out his weapon and pointed it at him.

 

 

It's the Sword of the Lake! Wang Zi stared at it, and looked back at Charlie. So he is the new owner of it... He's unlucky. "Charlie, don't fight with him. What if he's a Ma Gua?", Xiao Feng said as she tugged his uniform.

 

 

"I don't care.", Charlie said as he revealed his Destruction Index, a blue-green aura surrounding him. Weird, why isn't he scared of the Sword of the Lake? 

 

 

Before Charlie could use his weapon, it stopped glowing along with his aura. "Oh, it's you. Long time no see.", the sword talked. Charlie looked at his sword and brought it near his face. "You know him?", he asked.

 

 

"Ah, it's been so long since I've last saw him. He's lucky that he was safe.", the sword continued to talk. "What are you talking about?", Charlie asked as he frowned at his sword.

 

 

"Little prince, how about we have a little chat? I'm sure you missed talking about your master, right?", the sword asked. Hearing that, Wang Zi growled at it, making Charlie and Xiao Feng even more confused.

 

 

"Okay, okay. I'll shut up, you don't need to growl. If you growl, that means bad news. I'm glad Zack told me about it.", the sword said. Wang Zi glared hard at the sword, clenching his fist. Before the sword could say anything else, Charlie put it away.

 

 

"Okay, what the heck was that? Explain.", Charlie said as he looked at him suspisciously. Wang Zi only glared at him as he hide his glowing fist. "How did my sword know you? Who are you?", Charlie asked again.

 

 

"Aiyo, there you are."

 

 

Xiao Feng and Charlie looked to see Ding Dang walking towards them with her hands on her waist. Ding Dang looked at Wang Zi before placing her hand on his shoulder. "I've been looking for you everywhere, it turns out you're here.", she said.

 

 

Seeing her, Wang Zi calmed down as he unclenched his fist. He turned to face her with a calmer expression this time, shocking Charlie and Xiao Feng.

 

 

"You know him?", Charlie asked as he looked at Ding Dang. She looked at him nodding her head. "I know him, why?", she asked. He glared at Wang Zi as he crossed his arms over his chest. "What is he? Is he a Yi Neng user or a Crawler?", he asked.

 

 

Ding Dang blinked as she looked at him. "He's a Ma Gua. Why do you say that?", she asked. "Then how does my sword knows him? And who's Zack? What master is my sword talking about?", Charlie said. "I don't know, why don't you ask your sword.", she said back at him.

 

 

"Actually, you don't have to fight with Classmate Wang Zi.", Xiao Feng said. Charlie looked at her as he frowned. "And why is that?", he asked. "There was a flying bug, and I screamed because of it. He has nothing to do with it.", she said.

 

 

Charlie looked at Wang Zi with a frown, as he looked back at him with an expressionless face. I'll let this slide for now, but I have to know your real identity. "Let's go.", he said as he dragged Xiao Feng out of the rooftop.

 

 

As soon as they left, Ding Dang turned to face Wang Zi. "You're in trouble.", she said to him. He gave her a confused look. "Why?", he asked. She sighed as she looked down. "The Sword of the Lake knows you, Zack or whatever master he is saying. Wang Charlie is a gangster, he has his ways to find out your real identity. And he won't give up until he's satisfied with the information he recieves.", she warned him.

 

 

Wang Zi gave her a reassuring smile as he patted her head. "Don't worry, he won't know the truth.", he said. She gave him a confused look. "The sword won't say a word about my identity, he knew that no one would believe what he's saying. And I can hide my powers and my demonic energy easily.", he told her.

 

 

Ding Dang let out a sigh of relief. "Then that's good.", she said. He smiled at her, and the bell rang. "We have to go to class.", he said. She nodded her head as they walked out of the rooftop together.

 

 


 

 

Lunch Time.

 

 

Xiao Xiong stared at the sky after he finished eating his lunch. He was sitting on one of the seats near the school's mini garden.

 

 

"Xiao Xiong.", a feminine voice called him. He turned to see who it was, and smiled upon seeing her. She was standing there with a guy beside her.

 

 

"Jie Ke, Xiang Ming. Long time no see.", he greeted with a smile.