Task #19: The Unlucky Guest

Angel N Devil Season 2

Da Wei erased his message for the nth time, and typed another message. He was debating if he would text Ding Dang to meet him at their regular meeting place - the convenience store - to have snacks with her.

 

 

His message says, "Hi Ding Dang! I was wondering if you could accompany me to the convenience store today for some snacks?" adding some smiley emojis. He sighed as he lookeed at his message.

 

 

"Da Wei Wang? What are you doing here?", a voice asked. Hearing another voice, he accidentally sent his message and looked at the intruder. Seeing Xiao Xiong, he sighed in relief. "Oh, it's just you Classmate Xiong Ya.", he said.

 

 

Xiao Xiong smiled at him. "What are you doing here alone?", he asked. "Oh, I was waiting for someone.", Da Wei said then looked at his phone. His eyes widened as he saw that he sent the message. "Oh no! I accidentally sent it!", he panicked.

 

 

Then he received a reply from Ding Dang, her message says, "I'm sorry Da Wei, I can't accompany you today. Maybe some other day, I'm busy.". His expression turned into a sad one upon reading it. "Why is she not accompanying me lately?", he asked.

 

 

"Who?", Xiao Xiong asked. "Ding Dang. Before, she always accompanied me to eat snacks. But lately, she says that she's always busy.", he said with a pout. Xiao Xiong sighed as he sensed him being sad. Is Ding Dang with that Wang Zi again? 

 

 

Da Wei sighed, he lost his appetite knowing that he'll eat alone again. "I'm going home, bye Classmate Xiong Ya.", he said. With that, he left.

 

 


 

 

The door of the practice room opened, revealing Hu Po and Xiang Ning. There was a grand piano in the middle of the room and a few of other musical instruments.

 

 

"Is this your new practice room?", she asked as she looked around. "I rented this practice room for a month, so we could practice here together.", he said. "Together? Your bandmates won't be here?", she asked.

 

 

He shooked his head. "Yes, and they don't know this place yet. We can practice here better and without disturbance.", he said. She smiled at that. I'm going to be alone with him for a month, I'm nervous...

 

 

"I'm glad you finally accepted to do a collab with me.", he said with a smile. "I kind of missed playing the piano keys.", she said. "Then we should start practicing now.", he said.

 

 

Xiang Ning sat on the seat and placed her fingers on the piano. Hu Po got his guitar and looked at her with a smile.

 

 


 

 

Charlie smirked to himself as he poured some wine in a cup and mixed it with iced tea. He also put some ice in it to make it cold and waited for his unlucky guest to arrive.

 

 

Xiao Feng gave him a look as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Wang papa said that we shouldn't drink wine when he's not around.", she reminded him. He looked at her. "This wine is not for us, it's for my guest.", he said.

 

 

"Who's your guest then?", she asked. "That's none of your business.", he said. A tick mark appeared on her head as she frowned at him. "Stupid peacock king!", she exclaimed. "Don't you have some homework to do? Just start with them already.", he said.

 

 

Xiao Feng's eyes widened at that. "Oh no! I still haven't started working on my homework.", she said, then rushed to her room. Charlie chuckled at that. She never change. 

 

 

Charlie then heard someone knocking on the door, making him smirk. "Come in.", he said. Xiao Xiong came in and greeted him with a small smile on his face. "Why did you invited me to come over?", he asked.

 

 

"Is it wrong for me to invite you?", he asked. Xiao Xiong shooked his head. "That's not what I mean.", he said. "I just realized that I haven't thanked you for finding Xiao Yang's murderer. Take this as a thank you from me.", Charlie said.

 

 

He then gave him the same cup and forced a smile at him. "Drink this if you'll accept my thank you.", he said. Xiao Xiong took it and drank the whole thing. He coughed after he gulped it down. "Is this... wine?", he asked. 

 

 

Charlie sweatdropped at this and let out a nervous laugh. "No, it's only an iced tea.", he said. Xiao Xiong gave him a confused look. "Then why do I feel dizzy after drinking this?", he asked. Before Charlie could say anything else, Xiao Xiong passed out on the couch.

 

 

Seeing this, Charlie sweatdropped again. "He sure has a low alcohol tolerance.", he said to himself. He took out his phone and dialed a number. After a few rings, his call was answered. "Hey, bring ert Xiong back to his house.", he said, and ended the call.