Task #21: An Unexpected Confession

Angel N Devil Season 2

As soon as the school ended, Ding Dang immediately went home to look for Wang Zi seeing that he didn't went to school. She opened her room to find it empty. "Where did he go?", she asked to herself.

 

 

He doesn't have any friends other than me. Where could he be? He won't just disappear without saying anything to me. With that, she left her house to look for him on the streets.

 

 

Minutes later, Ding Dang found herself on a dark forest. She didn't know how, but she could smell Wang Zi's scent as she walked further. Maybe getting familiar with his scent is a good thing. I can know where he is at times like this.

 

 

Ding Dang then saw a group of people gathered around someone. She gasped in surprise seeing Wang Zi unconscious and tied up in chains and he was badly beaten up. He's a Pure-blooded Night Crawler, how can they defeat him that easily?

 

 

Seeing that a guy was about to attack Wang Zi, she got out of her hiding spot and glared at them. "What do you think you're doing?!", she shouted at them. The Day Crawlers glared at her and surrounded her. She felt scared seeing them, but she shrugged it off.

 

 

"What do we have here, a Yi Neng user. Looks like she'll willingly let us have a taste of her blood.", the leader said as he smirked. She shivered in fear at that, but she glared at them harder. "If you will let my friend go, then I'll allow you to have a taste of my blood.", she said.

 

 

With that, all the Day Crawlers looked at each other, then smirked at her. Ding Dang, are you out of your mind?! You just entered your death! She gulped nervously as they got near her. No, I have to fight them.

 

 

The leader went to release Wang Zi who was still unconscious. As soon as Ding Dang saw that, she revealed her Destruction Index, a red and yellow aura surrounding her. She took out her weapon - Shimmering Falling Star Mace.

 

 

Without any second, she started attacking the Day Crawlers. Hearing a fight going on, Wang Zi slowly gained consciouness and opened his eyes. He slowly sat up to see Ding Dang fighting with the Day Crawlers. Oh no, with her Destruction Index, she won't be able to deafeat them.

 

 

The leader used his power to dig his nails on Ding Dang's wrist. She let out a cry as a scratch appeared on her wrist. She hissed in pain as blood dripped from her wrist and she fell. Seeing that, Wang Zi growled making them looked at him.

 

 

"Oh no, he's awake.", the leader said. In a blink of an eye, Wang Zi glared at them. His eyes glowed green and his fangs appeared. The Day Crawlers gasped and shivered in fear. "W-w-we can talk this out.", the leader said.

 

 

Wang Zi started walking towards them, and they backed out from him. As soon as he was in front of Ding Dang, he growled at them. "Talk it out? After you hurt her and tried to have a taste of her blood?", he said in a deep voice.

 

 

"I-i-it's not like you won't have a taste of her blood as well! You half Pure-blooded Night Crawler and half vampire!", one of the Day Crawlers exclaimed. Ding Dang's eyes widened at that as she looked at him in shock. He's a vampire?! 

 

 

Wang Zi chuckled at that, and took a step closer to them. "I'm not like you guys, I can control my blood lust very well.", he said. He made a green fire flame on his hand and glared dangerously at them. "If you all still want to continue living, leave.", he said.

 

 

The Day Crawlers just stood there frozen at their spot. Wang Zi growled at them and shot his flames at them, which made the Day Crawlers run in fear. Seeing that they were gone, he looked back at Ding Dang who saw the whole thing.

 

 

His eyes stopped glowing as well as his fangs. "Are you alright?", he asked as he knelt in front of her. She looked at him. "Y-y-you're a... vampire?", she asked. He sighed and nodded his head. "I didn't tell you because I know you'll be scared of me, like how scared you are right now.", he said.

 

 

Ding Dang became silent as she looked away from him. Wang Zi took her bleeding wrist and stared at it. He's not going to my blood, right? "Don't worry, I won't do anything. Let me heal it.", he said.

 

 

She saw him bitting his wrist, and blood came out of it. Then he placed his wrist above her bleeding one, and let his blood drop over her scratch. As soon as it dropped, her scratch disappeared along with the blood and she couldn't feel the pain anymore.

 

 

Wang Zi helped her stand up and looked down at her. She was still avoiding his gaze, an uncomfortable silence between them. "What is your motive?", she asked. He looked at her, confused. "What do you mean?", he asked.

 

 

"Why did you came back? Why are you still here?", she asked as she looked at him. Wang Zi sighed at that. "I came back for my master's kingdom, but when I found out that it no longer exists, I asked myself what did I came back for? Now, I finally know why fate wants me to come back. And that is to meet you, heal you, and love you.", he confessed as he looked at her.

 

 

Ding Dang looked at him in surprise. "You what?", she asked. "I love you, Ding Dang. Everything about you.", he said and looked straight at her. "Before I didn't know what love is, I even thought that I would fell in the abyss of darkness. But ever since I met you, I saw the light in you. You became the light in my darkness, I love you, my princess."

 

 

Ding Dang was speechless, she could only stare at him in surprise. Wang Zi stared at her and sighed. "I know you still have feelings for that Ji An. I'm willing to wait for you to feel the same way for me.", he said. "But... what if... I can't move on from him?", she asked.

 

 

"You will, that is, if you're ready to move on. You can't live with your past holding you back.", he said. She only stared at the ground, avoiding his gaze. "If you'll allow me to show my love for you, maybe that will help you move on.", he said. She could feel herself tearing up because she knew that Ji An doesn't feel the same way.

 

 

"Don't cry over that demon hunter. Shedding tears for him is a waste of tears. I know he's special to you, but does he even know how much he hurted your feelings? Don't waste your tears over a guy who doesn't deserve it, he doesn't deserve your love.", Wang Zi said.

 

 

Ding Dang sighed and let out a smile at him. "Let's go back, it's getting late.", she said. With that, she walked away with him following behind her.