Task #23: Wish

Angel N Devil Season 2

Flashback

 

 

"You're really not afraid of me?", Wang Zi asked after he sat on her bed. Ding Dang sighed and shooked her head. "As long as you won't harm me.", she said. He smiled at her. "I told you, I won't harm you. Besides, I already saved you thrice from the Crawlers.", he said.

 

 

She gave him a confused look. "But why did you really have to hide your identity?", she asked. He looked at her, his smile was gone. "Do you really want to know?", he asked. She nodded her head cutely, pouting. "Tell me! I won't be able to sleeping thinking of the real reason.", she said.

 

 

Wang Zi smiled at that. "Since you just acted cute, alright I'll tell you.", he said. Ding Dang cheered at that and sat beside him. "I hid my identity because if the demons know I'm still alive, they will kill me.", he said. She gave him a confused look. "Aren't you half vampire? Vampires don't die.", she said.

 

 

"Then if that's true, my mother would still be alive right now.", he said. She became silent at that. Ding Dang, how can you be so careless at what you say?! "S-sorry...", she apologized. "Why are you apologizing? You said nothing wrong.", he said.

 

 

"It's true that vampires don't die. But before the battle in the demon world happened, the ones who destroyed and killed all Pure-blooded Night Crawlers made a liquid that can kill a vampire. Someone told them that the last generation of vampires are under the protection of the Pure-blooded Night Crawlers.", he said.

 

 

Ding Dang looked at him. "Is that what you've dreamed of the other night? You had a nightmare.", she asked. Wang Zi nodded his head. "It was just the start of the battle. After my dad sent me here, I don't know what happened. But when I came back there, everything is gone.", he said.

 

 

"Back on topic. They knew a half Pure-blooded Night Crawler and half vampire exists, and that is me. They believe that I'm a jinx and the cause of all misfortune that will or might happen in the future.", he said. "But you're one of them even if you're a half breed.", she said.

 

 

"They won't accept it. All the demons and the Yi Neng users who knows my existence wants me to die. They can even work together just for it to happen.", he said. Ding Dang looked at him sadly. "If you're afraid of getting killed... then why are you telling me this? I'm also a Yi Neng user.", she asked.

 

 

Wang Zi looked at her with a smile, his eyes staring at hers. "Because I know you are different from them.", he said. She stared back at him as she was getting drawn in his eyes again. "I believe everything happens for a reason, and since I met you... I believe it even more.", he said.

 

 

Ding Dang could feel her heart beating fast as she felt her face heating up. She then stood up and smiled at him. "W-well, thanks for explaining things. We should get sleep now, and you need to rest after getting beaten up earlier.", she said. With that, she left the room.

 

 

End of Flasback 

 

 


 

 

Xiao Xiong had his eyes closed as he held an open book. He was reading a story, but his mind keeps wandering. What is that thing that I'm forgetting? What did I do?

 

 

He then heard footsteps, making him open his eyes. He looked to see Ding Dang walking towards him. He smiled at her. "Ding Dang, what brings you here?", he asked.

 

 

Ding Dang let out a smile at him. "You said that if someone wants to be a K.O. Bad Girl, she should have a wish to make the contract, right?", she asked. He nodded his head, but looked at her confused. "Yeah, but you left as a trainee.", he said.

 

 

She sighed at that and sat beside him. "Although I know that Gabriel isn't here anymore, I was wondering if you can still make a wish come true?", she asked. He looked at the book he was reading. "I can still make a wish come true, but I won't promise that it won't fail.", he said.

 

 

Even if my wish will fail, I'll still take the risk. Ding Dang smiled at that. "Then I want to make a contract with you.", she said. Xiao Xiong looked at her in surprise. "But didn't you tell me that you still have to learn how to use your yi neng and your weapon?", he asked.

 

 

She sighed at that. "That's true. But I have a wish, will you accept it?", she asked. He nodded his head as he looked at her. "As long as I'm capable of doing it.", he said. She smiled and looked at him.

 

 

"My wish is to protect someone from those who wants to hurt and kill him.", Ding Dang said. Xiao Xiong raised an eyebrow at that. "Your wish is the same as Xiao Yang and Xiao Feng.", he said. "But we're not protecting the same person.", she said.

 

 

"Then who is this whom you want to protect?", he asked. She looked away from him slowly. "Wang Zi.", she said. He gave her a confused look. "Wang Zi? Why?", he asked. She looked at him with a small smile. "If I tell you, his life would be at risk.", she said.

 

 

"Just give me hints, I can promise you that I won't say a word about it.", Xiao Xiong said. She sighed as she looked away. He's the head, so it's normal for him to know the full reason. "He is... the same creature that we fight against with if they're causing trouble, and another creature that won't look old even if they are hundred years old. He is kinda like you, a half breed.", she said.

 

 

 

Xiao Xiong gave her a look. "Wang Zi is a half breed?", he asked. Ding Dang nodded her head. "He's a half demon and half vampire?", he asked. She nodded her head again. "Not just any demon, he's a Pure-blooded Night Crawler.", she said. He went silent after that.

 

 

"I also came here to tell the real reason why I left as a trainee.", she said. He looked at her. "I left because what Xiao Yan said is right. If I'm not careful, I'll put everyone in danger. I won't do reckless actions just because of my emotions.", she said.

 

 

"Yan Yan said that?", he asked. Ding Dang sighed and nodded her head. "That's all I have to say. As for my wish, I hope you can keep it a secret.", she said. Xiao Xiong nodded his head and gave her necklace back.

 

 

With that, Ding Dang left his house. Xiao Xiong stared at the door where she just left. You're not going to risk your life for someone who's not important to you... Is Wang Zi important to Ding Dang? What is going on?