The Deal

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

His alpha was strangely quiet as he killed the engine after parking into the reserved spot for VIPs in the upper basement. 

 

Kyungsoo observed him with much apprehension, wanting to ask what was on his mind but hesitated.
 

Chanyeol merely took hold of his hand and led him to the elevators.  Thankfully, they were alone. 
 

The stoic expression on Chanyeol’s face was more than he could bear once they were inside the lift they had all to themselves.  “Where are we going?” Kyungsoo asked suddenly. 
 

Chanyeol sighed, pressing the button for the 32nd floor of the hotel.  God, he was tired.  “Back to my room, maybe catch some more sleep.”  He touched the side of Kyungsoo’s face, observing the dark circles under the smaller one’s eyes.  “You look like you could use some shut-eye too.”
 

Kyungsoo stared at him, too worried to wonder whether his suggestion to go to bed was meant to be lascivious or not. “Aren’t you scared?”
 

Chanyeol blinked in bewilderment.  “Should I be?”
 

Kyungsoo wasn’t sure if this was just a brave façade Chanyeol was putting on.
 

Chanyeol could tell an emotional outburst was about to spill over from his omega and he grasped his smaller one’s shoulders to calm him down.  “I’m not afraid of your father.”
 

He should be afraid of me, the dark voice inside of him taunted. 
 

For a moment, Chanyeol thought he’d said it out loud as Kyungsoo’s black-brown eyes widened.  “Hyung—”
 

He pressed a finger gently on Kyungsoo’s heart-shaped lips.  “Don’t call me hyung,  especially in front of your father.  He’ll know.”
 

Just then, the elevators opened, indicating that they had reached their intended floor.  Chanyeol exited first, wary of anyone suddenly springing up on them.
 

There was no one.
 

In fact, the hall was empty.


Which was… suspicious.
 

Now that Chanyeol thought about it, even the parking lot minutes ago resembled a ghost town… 
 

He walked in front of his omega, bracing an arm loosely around Kyungsoo from behind as his eyes narrowed.  The entire floor couldn’t be this deserted at noon.
 

He reached for the card key of his suite and the dot above the knob lit up to green. 
 

Chanyeol pushed the door open.
 

Everything was in disarray.
 

Several arms pulled him inside, bringing him to his knees, and the startled yelp from Kyungsoo registered in his ears.
 

He heard someone cluck his tongue.  “What do you think you’re doing, kid?”
 

Chanyeol looked up, meeting Yifan’s glare with a ferocity of his own. He found that his hands were being tightly bound by a long cloth... silky… maybe one of his ties. 
 

Yifan tapped the ash from his tobacco and leaned in from his seat, inspecting Chanyeol with ambiguity.  “I like you, kid.  Really.”  He put the tobacco back to the side of his mouth.  “You are ruthless on the table, which makes me look forward to tonight’s tournament.”  He cleared his throat, keeping his eyes on the defiant younger alpha apprehended by two of his biggest bodyguards in front of him.  “But what I don’t like is a rubbish delinquent like you messing with my only child.” 
 

Chanyeol scoffed.  That angry glint on the older alpha’s eyes was the culmination of all his years of waiting.  “Joseong-hamnida.*  What the CCTVs captured wasn’t meant for public viewing.” (I’m sorry [formal]*)
 

The bodyguard from his right punched him on the stomach so strongly that Chanyeol went dizzy, doubling over to his stomach.  He coughed and tasted something rusty in his mouth. 
 

Then he saw drops of blood staining his white dress s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter