Plot Twist

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo had to be grabbed by the bodyguards from the limousine that carried him, ushering the heir towards the entrance of the KRIS Enterprises main office in Seoul.  They tried sheltering Kyungsoo with huge, wide-brimmed black umbrellas as the paparazzi went crazy snapping photos of him entering the building that cold, rainy mid-May morning.
 

He caught his breath once safely inside the lobby, with his father’s bodyguards apologizing profusely on the less-than-gentle way they had handled the situation.  Kyungsoo only shook his head, even thanking them politely, and rubbed his sore slender arms when he was escorted to the elevators.
 

He had received the call even before 7 a.m. at home, waking him up, only to find Chanyeol had already gone to work.  He had thought it was the hospital. 
 

It turned out that the board of directors had called on an emergency meeting, and they needed his presence for them to convene.
 

Reluctantly, Kyungsoo dressed up and prepared himself when he would rather much go to the hospital to see his father.
 

It had been a couple of years since he stepped inside the walls of this building.  The vice president of the company sounded panicked for some reason, and somehow, he didn’t want to take that burden.  There was already so much to think about, and yet here was another obstacle.
 

When they reached the topmost storey, the 42nd floor, Kyungsoo was welcomed by his father’s trusted secretary, Heechul, and…
 

 

Zitao.
 

“Kyungja,” Zitao greeted, approaching him with open arms.
 

Kyungsoo went rigid when the older alpha’s hard lips came into contact with his cheek.  “Annyeong-haseayo, harabeoji.”
 

Zitao pulled back and assessed the smaller one gently, probably noticing how exhausted he looked.  “What’s wrong?  How is your father’s health?”
 

“He is doing well, under the circumstances.”  Kyungsoo swallowed and straightened himself up.   “My alpha has offered to give my father one of his kidneys.”
 

“Hmm…” Zitao murmured.  “How curious.”
 

“What is curious, harabeoji?” Kyungsoo asked, though feeling slightly piqued. 
 

“Your alpha… helping your father this way,” Zitao replied, putting an arm around the smaller one as they walked towards the boardroom.  “I can’t help wondering why.”
 

“It’s because he loves me,” Kyungsoo gave away finally, and then regretted having to justify Chanyeol’s actions.  
 

Both his own and Chanyeol’s medical records had been checked prior to organ donor evaluation.  Due to Kyungsoo’s history of low blood sugar—which was the norm for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter