Puzzle

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyungsoo slowly drifted to consciousness, his eyes blinking open.  It took more than a moment to realize what it was he was staring at.
 

His alpha’s back was turned to him. 
 

Kyungsoo bit his plump lower lip as he lightly tapped on it, withdrawing his hand immediately, hoping that Chanyeol was too deep into sleep to feel it. 
 

The taller one’s back was very wide, Kyungsoo observed in fascination.  The black cotton shirt Chanyeol had worn stretched across his posterior, his corded muscles impressed upon the fabric, the sleeve tight around his bulging bicep…

 

And the shirt’s hem had lifted slightly that Kyungsoo could see his trim torso, a slice of smooth flesh, the extension of which was hidden by the waistband of his gray pajamas. 
 

Kyungsoo’s eyes drew lower. 
 

Chanyeol’s firm rear was shaped like an apple. 
 

The smaller one covered his mouth to keep from giggling.  He wasn’t that naive anymore, and he could appreciate a fine alpha specimen whenever he came across one.  Although this was the first time Kyungsoo was able to inspect Chanyeol’s lean physique up close, he couldn’t deny the instant, combustible attraction that hit him when they first kissed.
 

Since they had kissed a few times, Kyungsoo had convinced himself that the attraction was mutual.  
 

Which now blurred the lines between reality and make-believe, because the alpha acted like his mate, regardless if they were alone or not.
 

Truth be known… Kyungsoo was beginning to look forward to it.
 

They had agreed on six months but being with him felt much longer than that already.  How could that happen?  He looked at his wedding ring, now placed on his left ring finger.
 

Suddenly, fragments of last night in the tub returned to him and he shivered at the memory of Chanyeol’s lips closing around his thumb…
 

Just then, the taller one groaned and turned. 
 

Kyungsoo shut his eyes at once and tried to maintain his steady breathing.
 

He waited for a few moments, but there was no sound or any more movement from Chanyeol. 
 

Kyungsoo peeked at him with one eye.  Chanyeol was out cold, still on his side but now facing him.
 

Chanyeol was about an arm’s length from him on the king-sized bed they shared.  He’d insisted at first to take the couch last night.  Kyungsoo wouldn’t have it, since Chanyeol had already slept on the floor the night before so the smaller one told him to take the bed while Kyungsoo went over to the couch.  To make the long story short, his alpha stayed as close to the edge as possible so that Kyungsoo could sleep comfortably during the night.
 

Kyungsoo’s gaze became fixated on Chanyeol’s youthful, comely face, the sunlight on it emphasizing his smooth, fair skin, sharp nose, that 1:1:1 facial ratio—attributes actors, idols and models would envy. 
 

His alpha almost looked like a little boy when he was sleeping.  Kyungsoo suddenly felt a pang of familiarity.  He reached to softly comb the taller one’s hair away from his forehead, still racking his brain if he had seen Chanyeol before, even prior to Sehun hyung’s birthday party. 
 

Kyungsoo would have remembered him, with such a distinct, handsome face.   Perhaps he was mistaken.   
 

Kyungsoo carefully rose from the bed and went to the walk-in closet for his suitcase.  His cell phone, camera and laptop had not been returned to him, as expected.   Apart from the clothes, they did leave him some pencils and his sketchpad where he had drawn the few ideas he had been collecting to paint.
 

He took the drawing book and a pencil and tiptoed back to the room, grateful that his alpha was still sleeping.  He quietly placed a chair near the bed to sit on, opening his drawing book to a blank page, and stared at Chanyeol.
 

The mid-morning light was just perfect.
 

Kyungsoo dipped the tip of his pencil with his tongue and began to draw him.
 

With each practiced , Kyungsoo rendered the gray-scale image at his alpha’s most peaceful and most serene state.  His father had said that Chanyeol was ruthless on the poker table.  Could that be true?  Just how brutal were these tournaments?  And why would his alpha get involved in such seemingly questionable activities? 
 

How many sides of his personality were there?  Someho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter