Danger Zone

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Reluctantly, Chanyeol had to return to Seoul the night of 14th July, two weeks since he hid away to Jeju Island from Macau.  Sehun insisted he had an urgent matter to discuss that required Chanyeol’s physical presence.  Perhaps it was really time to go back.  Even Chanyeol felt that the board of directors of L-1485 Builders was growing unsatisfied by the remote and distant conference calls.
 

Thankfully, he was escorted out of the airport without much fuss, away from the prying eyes of the paparazzi that got wind he hadn’t flown back to homeland since his momentous win in Macau.  There were rumors circulating that there was marriage trouble between him and Kyungsoo, since there were pictures of his omega distraught outside the Venetian Macau from that night.  His first thought was Kyungsoo’s safety, especially from Zitao.  However, he trusted that Sehun and Jongin would not let anything happen to the smaller one so Chanyeol made no drastic move.
 

He didn’t know where to go next, as he drove his rented car all over the city.  He certainly could not go home.  Not yet anyway.  He couldn’t dare face his omega, his mother, his dongseang or his uncle at this time. 
 

Was it because of pride?
 

Perhaps.
 

In his days of isolation in Jeju Island, he realized that the very reason he didn’t want to go back was that he was a coward.
 

How would they take him back now?  Why should they?
 

He abandoned them when they were pleading for his mercy.  He didn’t even have the heart to stay with his omega, whom he constantly pledged undying love for, at the first test of it.
 

He passed by the familiar streets of Gwanak, some sections of it destroyed.  Sehun had mentioned that KRIS Enterprises, with Kyungsoo’s directions, had made sure that the families affected in the area were evacuated and compensated accordingly, and they were doing it in a very responsible and timely manner as well, without too much upheaval on the city and its people.
 

He had to give his omega credit.  Kyungsoo had been groomed for this position since he was a baby, although he hadn’t initially shown interest.  He would make a formidable business partner, given a few more years.
 

Chanyeol stepped on the breaks suddenly.
 

His childhood home looked so miniscule and murky amidst the neighborhood he once thought he would live forever.  The electricity had been cut off the whole street, and there didn’t seem to be a soul around. 
 

He wondered how long the yellow DANGER ZONE: RESTRICTED AREA sign had been erected at the lamppost nearby.
 

Using his phone for light, he alighted the car and decided to go into the house one last time. 
 

He swung the gate open, giving off a creepy and loud creaking that he was trying to avoid.  Still he moved forward, keeping the light on his phone overhead.  He coughed incessantly at the onset of dust attacking his nostrils, causing him to cover his nose with the crook of his right elbow.  He kept his eyes narrowed to slits just enough to see where he was going. 
 

Wasn’t it only a couple of months ago that he had the interior renovated to make living there for his family more comfortable?  
 

Now, no one could tell the difference from what had been newly painted and to the disappointing state it had been when he was growing up.
 

He walked inside and within a few steps, he had reached the room he used to sleep in, which he shared with his uncle.  He slumped down to a corner, where he had a tiny study table before, his long legs would extend until his feet hit the cupboard… 
 

His eyes wandered all over this small, small space… the place where his family lived, thrived and loved… the place where he thought his father was a hero, ever valiant and kind…
 

Suddenly, he remembered coming home from exams.  It had been his first year in high school and he found his father crouched on the floor.
 

“Appa!” Chanyeol had called out in panic, dropping his books on the floor and trying to lift his father up.  “Let me take you to the hospital.”

 

 

“Aniya, aniya…” Yunho had croacked.  “We have no money.”
 

“But Appa…” 
 

“Just help me to bed, Chanyeol-ah.”
 

And the filial son had done just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter