Push And Pull

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It wasn’t even a question.  
 

 

They continued to stare each other down as Chanyeol debated over and over again if he heard Kyungsoo right.

 

 

The alpha’s lips began to quiver, his upper body hunching.  He sputtered, as he tried to restrain the fitful titters from coming out of his mouth. 
 

 

Kyungsoo’s big round eyes now narrowed into deadly slits. 
 

 

The sight of the omega mustering so much threat only made Chanyeol laugh even harder.
 

 

“Get out of my way,” Kyungsoo snapped as he pushed against the alpha’s chest hard enough to topple him back a bit.
 

 

Just like a self-righting toy, Chanyeol automatically regained his balance.  And when the smaller one swerved to his left, he obstructed him with his taller, broader body.  Same thing when he shifted to the other side.  With sporadic spurts of obnoxious guffaws that he couldn’t help, a deep dimple imprinting itself on his left cheek as a full smile now cracked his face, so wide his jaw began to hurt.
 

 

Chanyeol held up one hand, more in apology than surrender, really.  “Did you just…” He gasped for air, glancing at the smaller one through teary, incredulous eyes.  “… propose?”
 

 

A few more seconds of the omega glaring at him like that, and Chanyeol swore he would spontaneously burst into flames.
 

 

“What?” Kyungsoo mocked, raising an eyebrow, absolutely seething.  “Not romantic enough for you?” 
 

 

“Forgive me for not keeping up with your fast and furious pace,” Chanyeol taunted, grasping the smaller one’s shoulders finally.  “But you don’t know a thing about me, Kyungsoo.”
 

 

There was something foreboding in the low, hushed way he said his name just now.  Kyungsoo inhaled sharply when the alpha leaned down, close enough that the tips of their noses were touching as he deadlocked on his eyes.
 

 

“How do you know I’m not…” Chanyeol’s gaze went lower, trailing down to V-neck of the omega’s thin white shirt.  Then in idle, agonizing increments, he took his time memorizing every square inch of Kyungsoo’s youthful, cherubic face, down to those red, heart-shaped, parted lips and those deep, disarming black-brown eyes, “… a danger to you?”
 

 

Kyungsoo swallowed, feeling his blood rushing to his face as the alpha’s breath fanned his suddenly overheated skin.  “You’ve had every opportunity to harm me these last few minutes.”  His heart was pounding in his chest like a sledgehammer, and he had no doubt the taller one could sense his trepidation.  “Why haven’t you?”
 

 

To his great relief, Kyungsoo felt the alpha’s hold loosen on him as he stepped back to give him room to breathe.  He slung the strap of his messenger bag across his body and headed for the door. 
 

 

“Why did you just ask me to marry you?”  Chanyeol called out to prevent him from leaving.  He knew if the omega stepped out that door, he would never see him again.
 

 

Never was a long, long time.
 

 

Kyungsoo chuckled under his breath, as he turned around in exasperation.  “You’re tall, and handsome, but I’m sure you’ve heard people describe you as such before.  You must be financially well-off, staying in an impressive suite in the Palazzo, no less.  Also you seem well-traveled, having this natural dapper, worldliness about you…” He paused, inspecting the alpha ridiculously.  “Oh, you think I would choose you, specifically?” He rolled his eyes.  “Please, hyung...  It just so happens you look the part!  No one would wonder why we ended up together.”  

 

Then he saw the alpha wince, and Kyungsoo instantly wanted to take back what he just said.
 

 

However, he realized he had already gone too far.
 

 

Full steam ahead then.  
 

 

“Plus, you’re Korean.”  He sniffed, blinking back tears in a frenzied effort not to make them fall.  “At least, that won’t break my mother’s heart too much.”
 

 

The way the omega’s right eye twitched told Chanyeol that he was either nervous or flat-out lying.  “I want the truth.”
 

 

A stray tear betrayed Kyungsoo, as it rolled down his cheek.  “If I’m married, then I can’t be engaged to an alpha my father promised me to.”
 

 

“What?!” Chanyeol exclaimed.  
 

 

And the omega was asking him for marriage?
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter