Bumpy

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

His eyes blinked open at the morning rays streaming into the window. He tried to block the rather harsh glare with his left hand, only to be struck blind by something incredibly flashy that was magnified by the sun. He squinted in pain, waiting for his vision to right itself.

 

And when it did, he realized he was staring at his wedding ring.

 

He sat up with a jolt.

 

No, it wasn’t a dream.

 

He looked at the made-up bed that didn’t appear to have been slept in.

 

Where was his omega?

 

Then his elf-like ears caught the sound of the shower running. He turned his gaze on the bathroom to the right. He could see that the bathroom door was slightly ajar.

 

Chanyeol scratched his head, befuddled by everything that had transpired between him and Kyungsoo in the last—he glanced at his wristwatch—nine hours. Had the smaller one intended to leave the door open like that? Was it an invitation to join him?

 

The two condoms he had left on the bedside table were still there. Maybe he’d bring one just in case…

 

He was just pulling on the door knob when he heard the shower stop.

 

Chanyeol immediately jumped back and plopped his down on the mattress.

 

“Oh!” Kyungsoo gasped, clutching loose neck of the bathrobe upon seeing Chanyeol sitting on the bed. “You’re awake!”

 

Well, he was now.

 

Discernibly and unambiguously awake.

 

The provocative sight of his omega, freshly showered, his black hair wet and unruly and those big, bewitching black-brown eyes staring at him was enough to…

 

Chanyeol cleared his throat, rising to his feet. Kyungsoo quickly pushed the bathroom door wide open. “Wait… uh…” Then the smaller one took out his white dress shirt and trousers from the hangers, having let the shower steam sanitize them.

 

Kyungsoo purposely avoided his eyes as they passed by each other on Chanyeol’s way to use the bathroom. He didn’t have to see if his alpha was looking at him.

 

He could feel it.

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t decide if the room had just suddenly compressed or the oxygen level had swiftly dwindled. Either way, he could barely breathe. He might have to open the window, he thought foggily. “I… I used the bathrobe first, if you don’t mind. I thought to let it dry before you woke up in case you want to use it…” he tried to joke.

 

The citrusy scent of the soap the smaller one used wafted over to Chanyeol, only a couple of feet away. Kyungsoo didn’t have much skin exposed from the oversized white bathroom covering him, but Chanyeol could only imagine what must be underneath…

 

He closed his eyes as he entered the bathroom, keeping his fists clenched. “It’s fine,” he managed to croak out and closed the door with stronger force than he meant to.

 

It sprang back open.

 

Kyungsoo turned to look at him in surprise. “Right. I just found out that the bathroom door doesn’t lock, or close properly, either.”

 

Brilliant.

 

A faulty door, and no bidet.

 

Some wedding night memory. It would be a hilarious anecdote to narrate in another wedding, he thought, sighing as he closed the door as much as he could without his omega catching a glimpse of his tidbits and ped his pants.

 

Kyungsoo called out, slipping into his white shirt in a hurry. “Tissues are in—”

 

“Araseo!” Chanyeol answered immediately, fumbling with unrolling the thin paper from the dispenser. After he made do, he washed his face, shaved his jaw a bit and brushed his teeth.

 

He came out afterwards and saw his omega standing awkwardly by the window, which was opened, letting the cool breeze in. “Have you slept well?” he asked cordially.

 

Kyungsoo nodded, fidgeting with his hands. “How about you?” It couldn’t have been comfortable sleeping on the hard, icy floor even with the thin rug.

 

Chanyeol tried not to think about the ache on his lower back—and other insistent aching parts of him for that matter, with his omega looking so timidly seductive, with that beautiful bare face and small frame clad in the white dress shirt and trousers that he got married in—for now. “Yeah.”

 

Then Kyungsoo approached him, almost close enough to kiss.

 

“You’re bleeding,” Chanyeol heard his omega say and then he sensed the slight sting.

 

Kyungsoo reached his dainty fingers to the side of Chanyeol’s lips, which felt surprisingly sensitive. Chanyeol wasn’t sure if it was from accidentally scratching himself with the blunt blade from the disposable shaving kit or if it was his omega’s touch.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter