Threshold

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol slowed to a stop as they came into view of a small moving truck in front of quaint gated house on a narrow road.  He signaled for Kyungsoo to wait as he alighted, watching a couple of alphas carrying a yellowed couch that must have once been white aboard a platform.  The taller one came back seconds later, opening the passenger door for the Kyungsoo as they held each other’s hands. 
 

Baekhyun exited the gate, scolding the moving men to be careful with their belongings in a shrill voice that both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo cringed. 
 

“Annyeong-hasaeyo, eomeonim,” Kyungsoo greeted softly, approaching with Chanyeol.
 

Baekhyun turned around and saw his son and his omega standing just a couple of feet away.
 

Kyungsoo immediately bowed low in respect. 
 

“Oh, Kyungsoo-yah,” Baekhyun began, reaching for both his child-in-law’s hands and glaring at his son at the same time.  “The house is so messy!  I don’t know why Chanyeol’s so adamant that we move out this very day!”  Then he withdrew his hands from Kyungsoo’s suddenly.  “Omo!  Even my hands are dirty!”
 

“It is just fine, eomeonim, I promise,” Kyungsoo insisted while Chanyeol quietly squeezed his shoulders.  “This is no trouble at all.  I’m the one who asked him to take me here.”
 

“Careful,” Chanyeol whispered in his hair as he pulled Kyungsoo to his side.  He ducked as he, his mother and omega entered a low gate that led to a humble bungalow which door was wide open, revealing the living room filled with boxes of different sizes with a disheveled Minseok shifting miscellaneous stuff in them. 
 

“Chanyeol hyung! Kyungsoo hyung!” He greeted in surprise, dropping a bunch of clothes in the next available box. 
 

Kyungsoo smiled shyly as he stepped inside the threshold, taking off his shoes, as did Chanyeol and Baekhyun.  His alpha wasn’t lying.  The house was indeed old and cramped.  It had graying walls with cracked surfaces, and uneven patches of paint, made more visible now that it had been emptied out of the bigger furniture.   The entire floor area, if he estimated it correctly, was just about the size of his mother, Junmyeon’s library at home.
 

And this confined place had housed five people, including Jongdae samcheon and Chanyeol’s father.
 

His alpha pressed his lips together as Kyungsoo looked up at him.  “This is it.  I told you it’s nothing much.” 

Chanyeol then assisted on weighing down the clothes to make more space in the box.  When it was filled, the taller one hauled it up by himself to take outside to the moving truck.  Kyungsoo took half of what Minseok was carrying and arranged the contents in a more orderly fashion in another box. 
 

Minseok’s jaw dropped.  “Hyung, your suit…”
 

Kyungsoo shrugged, taking off his jacket and rolling up his sleeves to become more comfortable.  Minseok scrambled to find the older omega a pair of slippers as Kyungsoo was now busy with closing one full box and pulling on a roll of packing tape to seal it. 
 

“A-Actually, Kyungsoo hyung,” Minseok stammered, returning with the slippers and terribly embarrassed that his new hyung-in-law was getting down and dirty like this, “I’m about finished.  Chanyeol hyung said he would pack his own things from his room so…”
 

Kyungsoo looked up from pushing the larger boxes together to make way for the smaller ones, sliding more easily with the help of Minseok’s slippers, which were the same size as his own feet indeed.  “Gwaenchanah.  I’ll get started on it.”  He pulled on an empty box while looking at Chanyeol from the window. 
 

He saw his alpha was outside, engaged in a phone call, while his mother was still yelling at the moving men to get their job done right.
 

Kyungsoo and Minseok glanced at each other and laughed. 
 

Minseok, still indecisive, gave in and led Kyungsoo through an even narrower hall towards the tiny bedroom that Chanyeol and Jongdae once shared.  “I’ve packed Jongdae sukbu’s stuff, and what’s left are some of Appa’s still there mixed with my brother’s…” Chanyeol’s dongseang fidgeted with his hands.  “Well, you’re his omega so Chanyeol hyung probably wouldn’t get mad at you for touching his things.”
 

His alpha must have been a strict older brother for Minseok to respect his boundaries this way.  “Don’t worry.  I’ll pay extra attention and not break anything,” Kyungsoo joked, giggling as Minseok relaxed into a smile.  He walked a few steps, something catching his eye.  “Is that... Chanyeol?”
 

Minseok’s eyes brightened as he looked at where his hyung-in-law was fixated.  “Oh, I almost forgot this.”  He hurried to take a framed picture mounted on a wall.   “This is my Appa.”
 

Kyungsoo blinked repeatedly.  He would have easily mistaken it for his alpha.
 

Minseok laughed at the surprised expression on his hyung-in-law’s face.  “My older brother’s the splitting image of him, right?  Who would doubt that Cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter