Third Month

Half A Year - A ChanSoo Korean Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a very filling American-style breakfast of waffles, sausages, bread and fruits with his family, Chanyeol even offered to wash the dishes while he advised his mother, uncle and dongseang to get ready to go out. 
 

Kyungsoo smiled as he rubbed his alpha’s back fondly, realizing how much he really missed this affectionate side of him.  “Jinjjayo?  Where are we going?”
 

The taller one only grinned, rolling up his sleeves.  “It’s a secret.”  He kissed the top of his omega’s head.  “You go and shower.”  Then he winked.  “I’ll catch up.”
 

Kyungsoo just laughed and did as he was told.
 

Once the silence settled in, the solitude provided Chanyeol some alleviating comfort.  Although he had spent the last hour surrounded by love and laughter, his thoughts couldn’t help drifting back to the contract that Sehun’s assistant had unearthed.  He, Jongin and Sehun had returned to Seoul at once as they all decided to have the contract authenticated as soon as possible, but Sehun had advised him not to be concerned for now. 
 

And he had no idea how heavy of a burden not being able to protect his loved ones from Yifan until now. 
 

He felt…
 

Free.
 

His father’s signature was serving as leverage to put this dispute to a halt—albeit temporarily.  Yunho had been a master gambler.  Had his father known it would come to this?  That there would come a time when he needed to protect Chanyeol too? 
 

And then it sank in.
 

He and his family owned most of Gwanak District too, from 1991.
 

So why had they stayed in that squalid old house?  Why had there been days when his parents and uncle would forego dinner just so he and Minseok could eat sufficiently?  Why had his father subjected himself to becoming a carpenter for his so-called best friend?  Why couldn’t they pay for his hospital bills when his health deteriorated? 
 

Could it be that his father hadn’t known what he was signing?
 

“Are you done, hyung?”   
 

Chanyeol jumped and turned around to see Minseok grinning at him.  He nodded as his dongseang hugged him on the side.  Then Minseok scooted him away so Chanyeol could get ready and the younger one finished up cleaning the counter and putting away the dishes.
 

He went to their bedroom and pulled his shirt off.  The next thing he knew, a pair of small hands was assisting him out of it. 
 

Then he heard Kyungsoo giggling as the shirt got stuck on Chanyeol’s head. 
 

Chanyeol chuckled and hurriedly removed it to grin at the sight of his omega in a fluffy bathrobe.
 

Kyungsoo stood in tiptoe and kissed him on the lips. 
 

Chanyeol was going to for another one when Kyungsoo ducked away from him.  “Go take a shower,” he scolded in jest, swatting his alpha on the .
 

The taller one gently pulled him by the arm and drew his body close, clasping his tiny waist.   “You can still join me, since you’re not dressed yet.”
 

Kyungsoo laughed, a little nervously, as he could feel Chanyeol’s growing hardness on his thigh.  “Why am I not surprised you’ve already recovered from what we just did this morning?”
 

Chanyeol chuckled and loosened his hold on him.  “Araseo.  I won’t be long.”  He squeezed his hand before letting go and entered the shower.
 

Kyungsoo smiled to himself in the mirror as he fixed his hair.  His alpha was so relaxed today… and somewhat insatiable.  Not that he was complaining.  He wanted Chanyeol as much—if not more.  But most importantly, Kyungsoo wanted to see him like this, carefree, happy, in love…
 

He didn’t know how long this good mood, or this willingness to bond, would last, though.  Was Chanyeol taking some time off work so he could concentrate on their upcoming wedding, which was a mere nine days away?
 

As he had no idea where Chanyeol was taking them, nor did he give any clue as to what they should wear, he decided to put on some leather pants, a white sweater and a trench coat. 
 

Kyungsoo was choosing a scarf for his alpha when the taller one emerged from the bathroom with a towel riding low on his trim hips. 
 

Kyungsoo’s heart flipped inside his chest.
 

Chanyeol grinned ever so subtly.  He knew that look.
 

Should they both give in, it would definitely be cause for delay.
 

“Am I underdressed?” Kyungsoo asked as a means of distraction.  “Or do I need to put on something more formal?”
 

Chanyeol had to laugh and approached. 
 

Even as Kyungsoo held his breath, his handsome, nearly alpha smelled so fresh and clean...  
 

“Ani,” Chanyeol whispered.  “You’re perfect.” 
 

“Wouldn’t this look good on you?” Kyungsoo suggested abruptly, throwing the gray scarf around his neck in apprehension.   “There’s this store near Yixing’s office that Luhan hyung and I pass by and we’ve been hoarding their signature scarves…”
 

Chanyeol only laughed and agreed.  “It’s very nice.  Gomawo, jagiya.”
 

He put some clothes quickly and led his downstairs where they met his family.  He nodded at his uncle, who seemed to be the only one Chanyeol had clued in as to where they were going. 
 

Chanyeol opened the passenger door of the Audi for his omega, while his uncle, dongseang and mother got on the SUV at the garage. 
 

“Why are they taking a different car than us?” Kyungsoo wondered out loud, glancing at his family inquisitively as Chanyeol ran over to the driver’s seat.  “Aren’t we going to the same place?”
 

“We are,” was all Chanyeol said when he started the engine. 
 

Kyungsoo narrowed his round eyes as he gazed at his alpha in assessment, whilst putting on his seatbelt.  “You’re really not going to tell me, are you?”
 

Chanyeol’s handsome face cracked into a wide smile as he drove out of the gate.  “Well, not yet.  Wouldn’t you rather be surprised?”
 

The smaller one sighed and settled back in his seat, crossing his arms on his chest.  “This better be good.”
 

“Probably even better than this morning,” Chanyeol joked, guffawing when he saw Kyungsoo’s eyes widen.  He switched on music player on his car, where EXO’s “Love Shot” began to blast on the speakers.  “Listen to music to pass the time.  We’ll be there soon enough.”
 

By the sixth song on the playlist, Kyungsoo gasped when Chanyeol stopped in front of his childhood home, with samcheon, eomeonim and Minseok on the SUV just right behind them.  Jongdae hurriedly opened the gates and the front door as everyone slowly followed behind.
 

Baekhyun looked around their house in bewilderment.  The very same structure stood there.  “Adul… I thought you said you wanted to tear it down because of the rusty pipes…?”
 

Kyungsoo observed that the only changes were that the walls were newly painted, the ceiling had been fixed, new lighting had been installed and Chanyeol had replaced the furniture for a more modern and tasteful ambience.
 

“I didn’t have the heart to do it,” Chanyeol admitted softly, meeting Kyungsoo’s understanding eyes for a few

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter